• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strongers animals stalk the weaker ones.

It goes purely by physical strength and less due to mental prowess for animals

Humans alone use their mental faculties to stalk in addition to physical.

That makes them more dangerous.

So be born a jantu.

It is a blessing

Last edited:
hi

i think this DISCIPLINE thread needed more DISCIPLINE....this thread become more INDISCIPLINE NOW....LOL

Doctor Mam,

I go by this posting of yours in the other thread.... :)

Dear Sir,

You can post every post of mine from Sai Thread..it does not really change my stand.

I could be one of the worst followers of Baba.

BTW I have noticed a trend among quite a few in Forum who always bring in Sai Thread to engage in a debate with me.

I find that a bit amusing...you see I like a Roo Ba Roo (Face to Face) sort of debate...I never drag in personal believes and Ishta devatas/Gurus of another person when I am actively engaging in a debate to prove a point.

Well..I guess the animal in me still prefers a fair game!LOL

Lessons to learn from animals.

I read a few days ago that 2 alpha males orang utans in a sanctuary in Msia fought.

The senior alpha male lost to the junior alpha male.

The senior died from depression according to the Vet Doctor attending to it.

It shows his Maanam was hurt that he had lost his position.

He did not inflict any revenge on the junior alpha..he just withdrew admitted his defeat and died becos of depression.

So we all have to learn from this..animals do not harbour revenge or hatred or vengeance.

So all Alphas of the forum..try to emulate Orang Utans!LOL

Last edited:
Some who are already born as human and remain a jantu, may continue as such which is also a blessing. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Deep down inside every male is an animal.

When they want to show they are brave they equate themselves with the Feline species of Lions and Tigers.

SINGHAM!

Even Lord Rama is called Narasardool...Tiger among men.

The brave warriors have surname Singh..again denoting Singham.

Even super human strength is compared with strength of elephants.

Face it guys...humans need to identify themselves with animals to make themselves heard.

Doctor Mam,

I would like to share these article in reply:

Importance of Human Life By Adi Sankaracharya - Vivekachudamani

maxresdefault.jpg

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDiXr0_I9QI
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Preciousness of Our Human Life
by Kamala Masters

One was by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, and it added tremendous value to my daily practice:

“Ask yourself how many of the billions of the inhabitants of the planet have any idea of how rare it is to have been born as a human being.

How many of those who understand the rarity of human birth ever think of even using that chance to practice the Dharma?

How many of those who think of practice actually do practice? How many of those who start really continue?

How many of those who practice continue and attain ultimate realization?

Indeed those who attain ultimate realization compared to those who do not are as few as the stars you can see at daybreak.

As long as you fail to recognize the true value of human existence, you will just fritter your life away in futile activity and distraction.

When life comes all too soon to its inevitable end, you will not have achieved anything worthwhile at all.

But once you really see the unique opportunity that human life can bring, you will definitely direct all your energy into reaping its true worth"

Courtesy: http://vipassanametta.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/The-Preciousness-of-Our-Human-Life.pdf

Sri VB,

Just noticed this thread and read some of your references that you have provided.

Let me share my views.

In creation there is limitless variety of species. Within a given attribute, a specific set of species may have an edge of being the 'best' by whatever criteria one uses. For example, species such as dogs and bears to name a few have extraordinary sense of smell. Similarly a mosquito can move super fast when measured in terms of its size. Many animals cannot run as fast when normalized with respect to the size of the animal.

Human body is one of the worst bodies since it is practically useless. Unlike the body of animals very little can be harvested from a dead human body which is a good thing because people will not be killing each other for value of the dead body.

Humans have but one endowment which is not available in other species - Experience of free will supported by discriminatory thinking if one chooses to use that faculty. This Viveka is what Acharyas talk about and only a human form can offer an opportunity for one to attain liberation. There is extensive reasoning for this some of which are here
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=26369&p=312626#post312626

While it is possible to engage in விதண்டா வாதம் for fun in chit-chat threads , anyone serious may want to pursue what the acharyas have been talking about.

Sri VB,

Humans have but one endowment which is not available in other species - Experience of free will supported by discriminatory thinking if one chooses to use that faculty. This Viveka is what Acharyas talk about and only a human form can offer an opportunity for one to attain liberation. There is extensive reasoning for this some of which are here
http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=26369&p=312626#post312626

Sir,

This is what I have been stressing from the very beginning.

Of course while I agree that we need to learn lot from animals, but my stand is that we human cannot be compared with that of animals as has been argued.

Incidentlly I would like to share the following:

24 Gurus of Dattatreya – Gurus and subordinate Gurus

For details click: https://www.hindujagruti.org/hinduism/why-did-shri-datta-acquire-knowledge-from-twenty-four-gurus

May be some try to see the world upside down like bats....!

Firstly the EGO that a Human is great has to go...without letting go of that...one can never get anywhere.

Getting rid of that I am Greatest feeling is True Discipline.

Last edited:
I was having a conversation with a friend who was saying that many people who claim to be spiritually inclined tend to have bad temper and cant control their emotions well and also come with some amount of pride.

Is it becos people with such temperament gravitate towards spirituality becos they might actually need the most repair for their system or does spirituality cause anger/emotional issues for some people?

We can gauge this well after viewing response from various members.

Firstly the EGO that a Human is great has to go...without letting go of that...one can never get anywhere.

Getting rid of that I am Greatest feeling is True Discipline.

It is not ‘I’ or ‘me’ to term as EGO and it is we the humans who have conscience, empathy, sense of fairness, ethics, etc.

It is a fact that makes the difference.

Let us get to human to realize this.

Auh Ji,

Second innings has just started with the other member to bat... :)

Sri VB ,

On serious topics such as the one that leads one towards truth, it is important that the 'debaters' are truly in search of that truth. Otherwise there is only collective monologues which benefits no one.

Even if one is not searching for anything, it is possible to have interesting conversations if responses actually show understanding (not necessarily agreement) of what is already stated.

Often it is about misunderstanding, arising out of projecting own thoughts instead of what is stated that becomes the basis for arguments in this forum. Or the stated misunderstanding may be deliberate in order to stick to a positional argument.

So if there is a genuine game , there can be fun even in simple chit-chat.

Often it is not, in which case silence is a better option.

Regards

'I' is the base of ego followed by two more words starting with 'I', according to the IIT-ans! :)

My dad used to say that the word 'Wedding' reminds the couple that 'We' should come before 'I'

and this idea will keep the wedded years more peaceful, without arguments. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back