• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.
A thought to reflect on: One in 10 million leverage their endowment of Viveka in the world and achieve liberation within a generation. This is not restricted only human beings in India. A million out of 7 billion people may have led a reasonable life of balanced dharma and adharma. For all other humans, lack of discipline and understanding means that would have abused their endowment of free will experience and wasted the potential of their human life.
This is a haughty position to take.

The idea of liberation has as much chance of being real as batman in gotham city.

It is turning to be more hilarious. Good to read. But we should also inject topic of the thread in our conversations, some times, No?

Any way continue. Enjoyable.

Thanks Renuka, auh, vbalasubramani, et al.

kgpal

Thanks Kgpal,

That is the uniqueness of Chit Chat

It can take various twists and turns yet convey something useful.

It is will of the God....

14499c216c8b5ec8282c8769b55482b8.jpg

Source: Google images

Last edited by a moderator:

But we should also inject topic of the thread in our conversations, some times, No?

kgpal

kgpal Ji,

Look at the Discipline....

Every Onam, feast is given to monkeys In Wynad a mountain district of Kerala and they sit in line and enjoy it. Pl look at photo below�� Disciplined and orderly - very unusual of monkeys

Monkeys-Onam-Feast.jpg

Source: Google images

Monkey Business: Look who's feasting on this Onam Sadhya

All dishes from pickles to payasam were served at the temple premises for the troop.

monkey_4.jpg

Excerpts:

Aravindakshan Nair, president of the temple committee, said that the temple provides food for the monkeys everyday and on Onam day special dishes are provided. He pointed out that a special bhojanasala (dining room) was also set up to feed them in the temple.

“There is a legend behind this practice. It is believed that the ancestors of these monkeys had stayed back in this temple as requested by Lord Rama, while he was returning from Lanka. So we consider these animals divine,” he explained.

But once these monkeys leave the temple, they're no allowed inside.

“These monkeys who have gone out of this divine environment are turned in to 'chanda kurangu' (market monkeys), causing trouble for villagers," he said.

Nair also said that 50th year of feeding monkeys would be a grand festival.

Source:
http://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...ouldnt-be-public-nuisance-supreme-court-49881

Yes, on a iron kadai, purchased from kaliappa stores, refined sunflower oil is heated to their boiling point using liquefied petroleom gas cylinders or electric stove tops, and sinners are plunged in...

ha...

Hey you forgot the Masala...to make the dish hot and spicy!

Perhaps the missed portions:

Served in a stately decorated dining room with right ambience to set your mood, is also a home to a potpourri of cuisines and equally famous for its eclectic food and fine dining culture.

And the Hall with a carved stone mantel, gold and crystal chandeliers, and impeccable tableside service conspire together to create a magical dinner setting. And the cuisine does the atmosphere one better featuring ingredients that are sourced from Boologam more particularly sinners.

One may be recommended to start the more memorable experience of dinning as the locals do with a cup of hot filter coffee along with a sumptuous breakfast in this famous place.

But this place may not be ideal for business lunches, light refreshments, family dinner or a get-together. LOL

Look at the way some of us love animals… pets!

Probably there are lessons for match-makers to learn from this incident.

Puppy love! Girl dumps match for rejecting pet

54321095.jpg

CHENNAI: It may be puppy love, but the kind that lasts forever. A Bengaluru girl has become a social media darling after rejecting a prospective groom over his dislike for dogs.

Soon after Karishma Waliaposted her final WhatsApp conversation with the man - a chronicle of his attempts to make her give up her year-old pet Lucy -on Facebook on Tuesday, it went viral.
"It was an arranged marriage set-up. This guy was good to talk to, well-to-do and pretty good looking, but when I told him that I wanted to bring my dog with me after marriage, he wasn't keen on it," says Karishma, a passionate animal lover.
……..
………
"He couldn't digest the fact that a dog can be someone's priority," says Karishma, "I am OK with not marrying, but I am not OK with abandoning my dog."

Read more at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ch-for-rejecting-pet/articleshow/54321096.cms

Look at the way some of us love animals… pets!

Probably there are lessons for match-makers to learn from this incident.

Puppy love! Girl dumps match for rejecting pet

54321095.jpg

CHENNAI: It may be puppy love, but the kind that lasts forever. A Bengaluru girl has become a social media darling after rejecting a prospective groom over his dislike for dogs.

Soon after Karishma Waliaposted her final WhatsApp conversation with the man - a chronicle of his attempts to make her give up her year-old pet Lucy -on Facebook on Tuesday, it went viral.
"It was an arranged marriage set-up. This guy was good to talk to, well-to-do and pretty good looking, but when I told him that I wanted to bring my dog with me after marriage, he wasn't keen on it," says Karishma, a passionate animal lover.
……..
………
"He couldn't digest the fact that a dog can be someone's priority," says Karishma, "I am OK with not marrying, but I am not OK with abandoning my dog."

Read more at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ch-for-rejecting-pet/articleshow/54321096.cms

Good for her that she realized what kind of controlling person her boyfriend was.
No one can change other person, the change has to come from within.
She would have regretted it if she had given up her pet and married this person.

Let us treat all beings with kindness and compassion.
Our next life, and 100 billion more such lives (with occasional stop over at unknown Lokas and unmanifest forms) is going to be only non-human.

Let us hope we are treated kindly by humans or human like beings that control us in our future lives !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back