• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

wrongly quoting Bhagavad Geetha

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsundaram

I have read:
Wrongly quoting Bhagavad Gita to explain the mass destruction caused by US and its allies
An article appearing in FPIF on the mass destruction caused by United States and its allies quotes Bhagavad Gita to explain the nature of destruction. The article written by Conn Hallinan is titled “The Vishnu Strategy” (no idea what that strategy is) and quotes from the Bhagavad Gita.
The Supreme Lord said: I am death, the mighty destroyer of the world, out to destroy.” According to the great Hindu text Bhagavad-Gita, Vishnu delivered that speech to Prince Arjuna before a great battle almost eight millennia ago.

The author seems to be influenced by Robert Oppenheimer who quoted from Gita to describe the explosion of the atomic bomb. Firstly, it was not Vishnu who delivered Bhagavad Gita but Lord Krishna. Since Krishna being the incarnation of Lord Vishnu for argument sake the statement can be accepted.

The above said quote is from the eleventh chapter of Bhagavad Gita (verse 32). And Conn Halliman has not taken the entire quote but mutilated it to suit his article.

I am death,
The mighty destroyer of the world, out to destroy.
Even without your participation all the warriors
Standing arrayed in the opposing armies
Shall cease to exist.

Kalo’smi lokaksayakrt-pravrddho
Lokan smahartum-iha pravrttah|

rte’pi twam na bhavisyanti sarve
ye’vasthitah pratyanikesu yodhah||

The term used for death in the verse is ‘Kal’ which also means ‘Time’ so the verse also means

Time am I, that comes to destroy worlds, grown mature, engaged here in subduing the world. Even without thee, all the warriors stationed in the opposite ranks shall not be. (Translated by Shakuntala Rao Shastri)

Krishna is here removing the ignorance of Arjuna by pointing out that ‘Time’ or ‘death’ will anyway consume all those that you are worrying for. When Krishna says ‘Time am I’ he is saying that he is Brahman or the ultimate truth.

So what is the article dealing with?

An Israeli commander recently expressed regret on the recent war against Lebanon by Israel.

From the article
The latest channeling of the Hindu god can be found in an Israeli commander's evaluation of last summer's war with Lebanon: “What we did was insane and monstrous, we covered entire towns in cluster bombs.”
The commander was decrying the way Israel, the United States, and Great Britain wage war these days, which has increasingly become an exercise in mass destruction. In the last five years, Vishnu has visited Afghanistan, Iraq, and Lebanon. The result has been death and ruin on a biblical—or more aptly, a Bhagavad-Gita—scale.

The writer concludes that US and its allies are employing Vishnu Strategy.

What does this mean? What has Bhagavad Gita and Lord Vishnu to do with the mass destruction carried out by fascist governments?

Krishna did not ask Arjuna to kill innocent people but asked to fight for his existence. Shying away from defending one's existence is against the law of nature. Every living being has the right to live in nature until nature consumes it. Often human beings out of his/her ignorance do not perform the required duty. Krishna was only removing the ignorance of Arjuna which was acting as an impediment from him performing his duty.

If United States and its allies are creating mass destruction it is out of the ignorance of the ruling class.

thanks for this article Dr Sundaram Ji,

So true! Righteousness is on the Decline that people even distort God given text.
But we dont have to worry too much about it also.
Many will be drawn to read the Gita and there might be transformation of many minds in that process too.
Kshetrajna can shower seeds of wisdom in the Kshetras.

anyway we all know very well Adharma cannot prevail.
Now we can correctly qoute:

Yadaa Yadaa hi dharmasya
Glaanir bhavati bhaaratha
Abhyutthaanam adharmasya
Tadaatmaanam srjaamyaham

Last edited:
re

"Shying away from defending one's existence is against the law of nature. Every living being has the right to live in nature until nature consumes it. Often human beings out of his/her ignorance do not perform the required duty. Krishna was only removing the ignorance of Arjuna which was acting as an impediment from him performing his duty.

If United States and its allies are creating mass destruction it is out of the ignorance of the ruling class."

Robert Oppenheimer an immigrant from Germany,had to rationalise his action's by mis-quoting the Bhagavath Gita Verse out of context.Which today happens to be the norm of every tom,dick and hari.

After 9/11,the Bush Doctrine of pre-emptive strike took shape and continues to take shape,in one form or the other.America was attacked therefore American's have every right to defend the motherland and it's inhabitants.The Islamic fundus have stirred a bee's hornets and are getting stung rapidly.Lord Krishna will ceratinly approve of the action of American's in my opinion.

The jews are/were systematically eliminated in holocaust and even kicked out of their lands.Therefore they too have a sense of justice to defend their lives and culture.The Islamic fundus have to be eliminated at any cost,as they are evil.

Only wish Indians too adopt similiar strategies rather than mis-quoting Mahatma Gandhi's non-violence message to eternity.

nachi naga.

"Shying away from defending one's existence is against the law of nature. Every living being has the right to live in nature until nature consumes it. Often human beings out of his/her ignorance do not perform the required duty. Krishna was only removing the ignorance of Arjuna which was acting as an impediment from him performing his duty.

If United States and its allies are creating mass destruction it is out of the ignorance of the ruling class."

Robert Oppenheimer an immigrant from Germany,had to rationalise his action's by mis-quoting the Bhagavath Gita Verse out of context.Which today happens to be the norm of every tom,dick and hari.

After 9/11,the Bush Doctrine of pre-emptive strike took shape and continues to take shape,in one form or the other.America was attacked therefore American's have every right to defend the motherland and it's inhabitants.The Islamic fundus have stirred a bee's hornets and are getting stung rapidly.Lord Krishna will ceratinly approve of the action of American's in my opinion.

The jews are/were systematically eliminated in holocaust and even kicked out of their lands.Therefore they too have a sense of justice to defend their lives and culture.The Islamic fundus have to be eliminated at any cost,as they are evil.

Only wish Indians too adopt similiar strategies rather than mis-quoting Mahatma Gandhi's non-violence message to eternity.

nachi naga.

Perfect sentence(s) from a right wing extremist (??)

Misquoting Gandhi's non-violence indeed.

To such guys:
The probability of the Gita getting misquoted to impose the rigid jati dharma is (equal or) higher than the possibility of Gandhi getting misquoted to propagate violence.

Looks like we are growing Conn Hallinans in our own backyard who like to misquote things to create a hindu taliban....

re

Perfect sentence(s) from a right wing extremist (??)

Misquoting Gandhi's non-violence indeed.

To such guys:
The probability of the Gita getting misquoted to impose the rigid jati dharma is (equal or) higher than the possibility of Gandhi getting misquoted to propagate violence.

Looks like we are growing Conn Hallinans in our own backyard who like to misquote things to create a hindu taliban....

All nationalities in the world are not like Indians.Kshatria Dharma is alive and kicking in other nationalities.But then you have a nasty habit of ridiculing people,especially hindus and their scriptures.I suspect what else a non-brahmin or a avowed happy hindu,will write and tag people with some mischievous tags and provoke the conversation.You certainly the cake.I suppose,in your own life,you stand as an example for other than a rigid jathi dharma,by marrying from another jathi?huh!!!

nachi naga.

All nationalities in the world are not like Indians.Kshatria Dharma is alive and kicking in other nationalities.But then you have a nasty habit of ridiculing people,especially hindus and their scriptures.I suspect what else a non-brahmin or a avowed happy hindu,will write and tag people with some mischievous tags and provoke the conversation.You certainly the cake.I suppose,in your own life,you stand as an example for other than a rigid jathi dharma,by marrying from another jathi?huh!!!

nachi naga.

round 2 of you sbala007.

typical junkie trash.

now that sri krs ji is not around your coteries can be expected to come back into their usual form as well.

good luck.

I humbly request the honourable members to refrain from commenting about the authors, please. We are only discussing about the messages; not about the authors. I just thought of reminding the members. Thank you.

Cheers!

nachi naga.

s007bala,

why don't you acknowledge your true identity? you have been banned once for being an அதிக பிரசங்கி and worse. at that time, and you are now drifting towards the same, of abusing members, and taking advantage of goodwill, to publish inane and nonsensical posts.

there are still moderators like silverfox, who remember you and your antics. happy hindu is a honoured and valuable contributor here,who brings fresh and thoughtful perspectives.

that she has shared some of her background with us, should be a source of joy and pride for us. you sir, are i believe, hiding behind monikers one after the other. i suspect that you are not even a brahmin or brahmin well wisher, but wishing to sow seeds of discord among the harmonies of this forum.

may i politely suggest that you re-evaluate your objectives, and having done so, if you happen to see the light, come back, and apolgize to happy, for your remarks, and start afresh all over again.

thank you.

Mr. Nachi Naga:
Consider yourself warned and on probation! This will be the only warning I am giving you; in fact, I expect you to issue an apology to Ms. Happyhindu. YOU WILL BE BANNED. You have no right to bad-mouth Ms. Happyhindu on a personal level. You can write anything to express your opinions but you cannot get down and dirty by making nasty comments of members.
From my perspective, Ms. Happyhindu is way above many so-called "brahmins". You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Ms. Happyhindu, my apologies for not catching this.

nachi naga.

re

Mr. Nachi Naga:
Consider yourself warned and on probation! This will be the only warning I am giving you; in fact, I expect you to issue an apology to Ms. Happyhindu. YOU WILL BE BANNED. You have no right to bad-mouth Ms. Happyhindu on a personal level. You can write anything to express your opinions but you cannot get down and dirty by making nasty comments of members.
From my perspective, Ms. Happyhindu is way above many so-called "brahmins". You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Ms. Happyhindu, my apologies for not catching this.

Mr.Silverfox,

I was bad mouthed by happy hindu,calling me a right wing extremist ,a hindu taliban...

refer--->
Perfect sentence(s) from a right wing extremist (??);

typical junkie trash.;Looks like we are growing Conn Hallinans in our own backyard who like to misquote things to create a hindu taliban....

"
From my perspective, Ms. Happyhindu is way above many so-called "brahmins". You ought to be ashamed of yourself."

Glad to know your perspective Mr.silverfox.

To Kunjuppu:

kunjuppu,what's your problem?with me or s007bala? or both of us?

[FONT=times new roman, times, roman]
nachi naga.
[/FONT]

I was bad mouthed by happy hindu,calling me a right wing extremist ,a hindu taliban...

refer--->Perfect sentence(s) from a right wing extremist (??);

typical junkie trash.;Looks like we are growing Conn Hallinans in our own backyard who like to misquote things to create a hindu taliban....

kunjuppu,what's your problem?with me or s007bala? or both of us?

[FONT=times new roman, times, roman]nachi naga.[/FONT]

bala, nachi

to me, it does not look like bala or nachi, but bala & nachi, the same person. which is ok, because if you get banned from one moniker, switch to another one. there are others who have done in the past, but sooner or later, the true viswaroobam shows itself up.

re your quote about hindu taliban, the way i understand english, it is not a personal attack on you. it is saying, that if one quotes from folks like hallinans, it could incite folks to extremism and in the process provide the seed for hindu talibans. there was no reference to you as a hindu taliban, or right wing extremist, which you can perfectly be of your own choice.

but if you want to peddle it here, i think, we can object to it. extremism has a record of ultimate self destruction. there has been no exception to this. starting from hitler onwards, it has caused the biggest calamities to those societies whose glory it was seeking. if you think jihadist are uplifting the muslim masses, just think twice. the killings on a daily basis in iraq, afghanistan & pakistan, are of magnitude of the mumbai massacre, except it is happening daily.

do you want such a situation where our sisters, mothers, wives suffer? the irony of this, is folks who propagate extremism do so from the comfort of warm armchairs and provide brain feed for the cannon fodder of extremism, which are the gullible and poor of their own kind. it is the ultimate signature of selfishness and intellectual arrogance cum greed. i think so. which is why, when we object to trains of perverse thought along violence and hatred towards fellow indians.

i found your remarks against happy hindu objectionable and very personal, which i think, has no place in this forum, or for that matter in any other public forum. forum, must be a marketplace of ideas, and not a catfight in a fishermonger market. hope you understand this, as this is my 'problem', which ofcourse you, i think, if were in doubt, should be in the clear now.

thank you.

Last edited:
re

bala, nachi

to me, it does not look like bala or nachi, but bala & nachi, the same person. which is ok, because if you get banned from one moniker, switch to another one. there are others who have done in the past, but sooner or later, the true viswaroobam shows itself up.

re your quote about hindu taliban, the way i understand english, it is not a personal attack on you. it is saying, that if one quotes from folks like hallinans, it could incite folks to extremism and in the process provide the seed for hindu talibans. there was no reference to you as a hindu taliban, or right wing extremist, which you can perfectly be of your own choice.

but if you want to peddle it here, i think, we can object to it. extremism has a record of ultimate self destruction. there has been no exception to this. starting from hitler onwards, it has caused the biggest calamities to those societies whose glory it was seeking. if you think jihadist are uplifting the muslim masses, just think twice. the killings on a daily basis in iraq, afghanistan & pakistan, are of magnitude of the mumbai massacre, except it is happening daily.

do you want such a situation where our sisters, mothers, wives suffer? the irony of this, is folks who propagate extremism do so from the comfort of warm armchairs and provide brain feed for the cannon fodder of extremism, which are the gullible and poor of their own kind. it is the ultimate signature of selfishness and intellectual arrogance cum greed. i think so. which is why, when we object to trains of perverse thought along violence and hatred towards fellow indians.

kunjuppu or doctor....in toronto,

The function of mind is comprehended by mind only. That's where the difficulty lies. While mind can cognize, explore, experiment, contemplate and discover a million other things, it simply gropes in darkness about its own function and definition. As your eyes can see everything but themselves, as your tongue can taste everything except itself, the mind can understand everything else but its own self.

i found your remarks against happy hindu objectionable and very personal, which i think, has no place in this forum, or for that matter in any other public forum. forum, must be a marketplace of ideas, and not a catfight in a fishermonger market. hope you understand this, as this is my 'problem', which ofcourse you, i think, if were in doubt, should be in the clear now.

thank you.

Mind is understood differently by different people. The science declare mind as epiphenomenon of the brain and manifests as the stream of consciousness. The philosophy advocate many theories of dualism and monism. Religions either condemn mind as the cause for bondage or glorify mind as the medium to know god.

I think happy hindu has a mind of her own.Stop your interference doctor,please mind your own business.

Oh,by the way,do you have a crystal ball thru which you decipher.Just wondering,something is telling me ''bhayangara golmaal'',hope you know hindi.

nachi naga.

source:akshar.

........Stop your interference doctor,please mind your own business.

What would that be Nachi Naga -- the business we are supposed to mind?

We are all here shooting the breeze. This is a free-for-all forum. The way I understand the forum rules, anybody can get in and post their views. If you want an exclusive chat with anyone in particular, you have to resort to PM. Or, you can gently request other members to stay out, but you cannot demand it. Saying "mind your business" even though it is preceded by a "please" is not very gentle, is it?

Also, from my limited past experience with your posts, you seem to get into the gutter very quickly. Let me quote a few choice passages from your past posts.

These make you sound quite a casteist, stuff that will warm the hearts of supremacists world over. So, I was actually surprised when you wrote the following.How much nicer this is, won't you or can't you see?

When you say, "..what else a non-brahmin [..] will write" your intention seems to be to disparage not just one individual, but everyone who is not a "B". This reflects very badly on not just you, but all those who wish to carry the tag "B" or "TB". So, this statement now covers all NB and B. So, here you go, another reason why it can be a business of anyone who wants to get in.

Labeling and putting tags on people, like TB or B, or NB is so passe, don't you think? When you do that, you sound like some of the people TBs love to hate, like Veeramani, DK, etc. Do you really want to sound like them, do you?

You can say disagreeable things without being disagreeable. If you avoid personal insults, you can get away with saying even the most outrageous things. Just look at me and what I have been saying here. Yet, there are so many people who surely disagree with a lot of what I say, seem to like my friendship, and I value their's.

NN, there is so much love out there to share. The more you share, the more love you will receive. Enjoying life with the people around us, here and now, without a care for tags, is worth a lot more than those proverbial birds in the invisible bush.

Cheers Naga!

Last edited by a moderator:
.........I think happy hindu has a mind of her own.Stop your interference doctor,please mind your own business.

nachi bala,

a long time, a sad time, a frightening time ago, in nazi germany, a good human called martin niemoller, when confronted with evil, and when good people were standing aside, watching what was going on as வேடிக்கை, niemoller said this below:

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out.

when nacchinarkiniyan was hounded out of this forum by the likes of you, i kept quiet, as it was, as i perceived, a quarrel between two individuals.

i admire nacchinarkiniyan and miss him still after more than a year, here.

we will not let this happen again. so sir, that is the reason, why i intervened, not particularly on behalf of happy, who in your own words, which i agree, has 'a mind of her own'.

i intervened on behalf, i would like to believe, of the good people, good intentions, good values and above all goodness itself. hope you understand this.

it is my own personal passionate rally against evil of a thought, word, mind, action, and instigation.

btw, nachi naga, translated could be 'slayer of nachinarkiniyan' - why crow your victory?

hope this explains.

ps. i have addressed this note to nachi bala, because it really does not matter what your real name is. you can hide under any moniker. what matters is your moniker's views, postings, intentions and philosophies, all of these without exception, appear to me, of the s007bala's.

in that context, you, to me, are a nachibala.

btw, i do not ever intent to imply your affinity with evil. these, to me, as of now, are two distinct entitities. but then, in your own infintie wisdom, you have defined yourself such, . As your eyes can see everything but themselves, as your tongue can taste everything except itself, the mind can understand everything else but its own self

need i need to say more?

Last edited:
Kunjuppu ji,

It is time each one of us do an introspection.

This forum gives enough freedom for expression.

When it was curtailed to me some time back, I fought it out vehemently. Forum administration revoked their earlier orders and restored my freedom of expression.

Now I am not using my freedom of expression since I don't want to hurt anybody.

Each one of us have our own mindset. Hardly the mindset changes even after detailed discussions. Let each and every member has his own opinion - No problem.

There are few members in this forum who continuously provoke on a particular topic.

There are members in this forum who can be provoked very easily.

Net result - ill feeling, warning, banning etc.

Personally I have decided not to get involved in unnecessary talks. There are quite a few members who want to do something for the society both physically and mentally. Both the swayamvarams at Chennai and Bangalore are practical examples. Atleast few marriages were settled and further deliberations are going on in few more cases. There are quite a few members in this forum who came out immediately to help in the education of a boy who lost both his parents. We were able to help atleast one member in medical treatment of his father. All these things happened in the last few months. I am fortunate to get involved in most of these services.

Personally I have seen in the recent past, few members trying to provoke me. I just ignore them and carry on my productive work. In the future also I would like to activate the services of our forum in Education and Health services. Swayamvarams are self financing nature and at the same time helps in creating goodwill for our forum among our community.

Please give your constructive suggestions for improving our services both to our community and also to the entire society.

All the best

hi folks,
a typical brahminical mind set..like this provoking others...
i feel ...mounena kalaho nasthi....means there is no quarrel/argument
being silent.........somebody said ..3 brahmins cannot stay together..
2 ladies cannot stay together tooo...may be wrong..but it has
some truth in these words....difference of opinions are welcome...
its democracy principle....but there is a limit....

regards
tbs

To Kunjuppu, Nara and RVR: Thank you, gentlemen, for your words of wisdom. I especially liked RVR's comments on how we should be helping the less fortunate ones in the community.
To Nachi Naga: I hope you realize what a decent and democratic forum this is. Please do not use red letters; it is mainly reserved for the Administrator when he/she writes something as an Admin.
Thank you.

re

What would that be Nachi Naga -- the business we are supposed to mind?

Ha Ha,the platitudes for happy hindu are missing sorely,who like a typical non-brahmin from a particular non-brahmin community behaves in Tamizh Nadu,has sowed her filth amongst us chaste innocent brahmins.

We are all here shooting the breeze. This is a free-for-all forum. The way I understand the forum rules, anybody can get in and post their views. If you want an exclusive chat with anyone in particular, you have to resort to PM. Or, you can gently request other members to stay out, but you cannot demand it. Saying "mind your business" even though it is preceded by a "please" is not very gentle, is it?

Its your opinion.Thanks.

Also, from my limited past experience with your posts, you seem to get into the gutter very quickly. Let me quote a few choice passages from your past posts.

We all can become judgemental,if you wish.To me you appear to get into wash basin or toilet bowl,from your post,which generally we flush.

When one is born with an understanding of his Kulam,Gothram,Paramparam and Guru Anugraham,it makes a difference,in his/her outlook.
When the website is especially designed to promote unity amongst diverse hindu sects, non-brahmins are more than welcome to participate and mingle,with their own views & perspective. But a line should be drawn,
Only a brahmin can understand the sentiments expressed by you,clearly there are some non-brahmins in the forum,which is very evident in the responses thus far.
While i welcome Non-Brahmins to participate in discussion and let their perspective known to us,at the same time,it would be polite on their part,to shut their mouth or in this case, writing in the forum
These make you sound quite a casteist, stuff that will warm the hearts of supremacists world over. So, I was actually surprised when you wrote the following.

Any writing can be twisted to suit one's outlook as anything.Some people are actually gifted in such banal acts.

There is only two caste in the whole world. ie man & woman.And marriage is always between these two castes.Rest of the categorisations,is only primitive and clannish worldover.
How much nicer this is, won't you or can't you see?

When i told my headmaster the above in 11th class,i was promptly ordered to fill the application forms and signed or counter-signed by my parents,for my All India Higher Secondary Examination.India will never denounce castes,the first lesson in my teenage years,outside of text books and teachers for me.

When you say, "..what else a non-brahmin [..] will write" your intention seems to be to disparage not just one individual, but everyone who is not a "B". This reflects very badly on not just you, but all those who wish to carry the tag "B" or "TB". So, this statement now covers all NB and B. So, here you go, another reason why it can be a business of anyone who wants to get in.

By jove,it's our business.

Labeling and putting tags on people, like TB or B, or NB is so passe, don't you think? When you do that, you sound like some of the people TBs love to hate, like Veeramani, DK, etc. Do you really want to sound like them, do you?

Thanthai Periyar,Dr.MGR,Dr.Mu.Karunanidhi,Dr.J.Jayalalithaa,Karuppiah Moopanar...etc are stalwarts of Tamizh Nadu political arena,to some extent national level politics.All of the above except Jayalalithaa are non-brahmins,and i respect and love them as my Tamizh leader's.My views may not be concurrent with theirs but i still regard them as my leaders from India.

You can say disagreeable things without being disagreeable. If you avoid personal insults, you can get away with saying even the most outrageous things. Just look at me and what I have been saying here. Yet, there are so many people who surely disagree with a lot of what I say, seem to like my friendship, and I value their's.

This is indeed nicely written by you for a change,with substance and good message.I like this.

NN, there is so much love out there to share. The more you share, the more love you will receive. Enjoying life with the people around us, here and now, without a care for tags, is worth a lot more than those proverbial birds in the invisible bush.

Cheers Naga!

I care for you dear nara.So also i care for happy hindu,kunjuppu ...etc and rest of my brothers and sisters.

nachi bala,

a long time, a sad time, a frightening time ago, in nazi germany, a good human called martin niemoller, when confronted with evil, and when good people were standing aside, watching what was going on as வேடிக்கை, niemoller said this below:

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out.

when nacchinarkiniyan was hounded out of this forum by the likes of you, i kept quiet, as it was, as i perceived, a quarrel between two individuals.

i admire nacchinarkiniyan and miss him still after more than a year, here.

I also like nacchinarliniyan writings,just like you do.Made sure to log in and read some posts of s007bala,nacchnarliniyan,chintana, and others.Ego is a double edged sword,kunjuppu.No one person can be blamed.

we will not let this happen again. so sir, that is the reason, why i intervened, not particularly on behalf of happy, who in your own words, which i agree, has 'a mind of her own'.

i intervened on behalf, i would like to believe, of the good people, good intentions, good values and above all goodness itself. hope you understand this.

Its ok,kunjuppu.For me nothing is personal.I know,i will be a sack of ashes,when i die.

btw, nachi naga, translated could be 'slayer of nachinarkiniyan' - why crow your victory?

hope this explains.

My victory?konjam-uppu here.

ps. i have addressed this note to nachi bala, because it really does not matter what your real name is. you can hide under any moniker. what matters is your moniker's views, postings, intentions and philosophies, all of these without exception, appear to me, of the s007bala's.

in that context, you, to me, are a nachibala.

Sherlock Holmes is indeed unhappy ,my dear Watson.

btw, i do not ever intent to imply your affinity with evil. these, to me, as of now, are two distinct entitities. but then, in your own infintie wisdom, you have defined yourself such, . As your eyes can see everything but themselves, as your tongue can taste everything except itself, the mind can understand everything else but its own self.

Mind is a such a simple algorithm of the brain.

nachi naga.

To Nachi Naga: I hope you realize what a decent and democratic forum this is. Please do not use red letters; it is mainly reserved for the Administrator when he/she writes something as an Admin.
Thank you.

silverfox,now i realise how decent brahmins are, compared, to non-brahmins here in this forum.Only a minority of non-brahmins are indecent here - not all,though.I shall not use RED if its meant for Administrators..Thank you for being a Administartor.

nachi naga.

Kunjuppu ji,

This forum gives enough freedom for expression.

When it was curtailed to me some time back, I fought it out vehemently. Forum administration revoked their earlier orders and restored my freedom of expression.

Now I am not using my freedom of expression since I don't want to hurt anybody.

Each one of us have our own mindset. Hardly the mindset changes even after detailed discussions. Let each and every member has his own opinion - No problem.

There are few members in this forum who continuously provoke on a particular topic.

There are members in this forum who can be provoked very easily.

Net result - ill feeling, warning, banning etc.

Personally I have decided not to get involved in unnecessary talks. There are quite a few members who want to do something for the society both physically and mentally. Both the swayamvarams at Chennai and Bangalore are practical examples. Atleast few marriages were settled and further deliberations are going on in few more cases. There are quite a few members in this forum who came out immediately to help in the education of a boy who lost both his parents. We were able to help atleast one member in medical treatment of his father. All these things happened in the last few months. I am fortunate to get involved in most of these services.

Personally I have seen in the recent past, few members trying to provoke me. I just ignore them and carry on my productive work. In the future also I would like to activate the services of our forum in Education and Health services. Swayamvarams are self financing nature and at the same time helps in creating goodwill for our forum among our community.

Please give your constructive suggestions for improving our services both to our community and also to the entire society.

All the best

Dear Sir,

Sharing a few notes:

1) Reg this note, and one previous note where you wished that others also talk less and do more...

Sir, your involvement is various activites is known in the open. But productive work of others may not be known openly. There are far too many elderly folk i know of, who have spent their entire lifetime trying to uplift others to create a better society for all to live in. The extent of their work or their involvment is not even known to other relatives.
The likes of me have only done monetary contribution but not physical voluntering yet, which will do so after returning to India. The only diff is that in such cases they are neither looking at caste nor religion. That, however does not mean that the likes of them are not responsible humans towards the society they live in.

Nor does it mean that talking less can always help do more. Talking can also help get things started in the first place....If at all the onus is on talking less, then Praveen might as well close down this forum and run a small website for exchange of memos / emails / notices to inform dates, venues and activities...Why have a forum to discuss a wide range of stuff at all..

2) Reg provocation, sir it does depend on which way you want to look at it. Some town folk in kanchi talk abt how some certain particular relatives of a junior pontiff became rich suddenly. They can go to quite some length reg monetary issues. You might find their talk 'provocative' but you cannot stop them from saying what they observe.
Wrt the relatives of one junior pontiff, no matter how 'cultured' one is, perhaps some ppl cannot help converting that into capitalism as well (leading to the question - 'what really is culture then'). Also sir its not possible to stop ppl from pursuing their interests in history, religion, etc and discussing things as they see it. Unfortunately sir, the likes of me is not interested in pleasing the egos of my relatives or anyone to say only what they want to hear, either on forums or elsewhere. A good many ppl of this generations are individuals on their own.

Also sir pls do not overlook that some of your posts might also be seen as offending and/or provocative by others (if they wish to see things that way). Some examples:

* When the Acharyas were arrested, almost all the Hindu communities except few talked against them and the mutt. My own closed friends belonging to NB communities, who normally doesn't talk ill of Acharyas, were trying to convince me that he done a crime. I just told them at that time, truth alone will triumph at end which is going to happen now.

[If your 'friends' had read this, perhaps they might have felt offended by your comments...perhaps if you had really considered them your friends, you might not have differentiated them as B or NB for their comments. A TB astrologer i met recently spoke ill of Jayendra Swami. I suppose his comments shd be ok to you since he is a TB. If the same comments were from a NB, it might be offending and provocative to you. The onus for you sir can seem more (to others) as an attitude of differentiating a person as a B or NB rather than on the content].

*Targeting Kanchi Mutt and its Vedha Patasalas is nothing but an attempt to encroach the internal affairs of this traditional mutt.

[Obviously no one can stop anyone from pursuing their interest in how various mutts and monastic traditions of hinduism got established. If one chooses to get provoked by what they come across, what can anyone do abt it. And, if you choose to get provoked by a few people who request admissions to vedic schools, what can anyone do abt that as well...].

*Now from the present court proceedings, it is almost certain that the alleged crime could not be proved and Acharyas may get totally discharged. May be it is not to the liking of several others. Only way to disgrace the mutt and acharyas is by to attacking Vedha Patasalas and certain practices in the mutt.

[When i asked if you are saying 'NBs are a disgrace', you clarified that you never said any community as a disgrace. However, you did not reply why you think that "opening admissions for all in veda patshalas is a 'disgrace' to the mutt". If you were an 'untouchable', and if a 'brahmin' made this comment to you, you wud have considered it provocative plus offending].

*Personally let brahmins practice anything. Let him follow his own practices privately and there is no harm in it. Publicly brahmins are not practicing untouchablity. Publicly brahmins are not opposing temple entry to Daliths or any other community.

[This sir, is surely provocative to an 'untouchable'. So practicing anything privately is ok. If Manu says a 30 year old must marry a 12 year old girl, and if a Manu follower practiced it, peadophilia of sorts should also be allowed "privately" i suppose..].

Sir, if you choose to go by branding, exclusivity, etc, please do so by all means. Seems to be common in the purview of 'religion'.

But in spirituality, or the pursuit of the spirit, wonder how can there be branding, or capitalism...or at least that's what more and more ppl seem to think...Dunno abt other religions, but with mushrooming branches of various samajs, missions, centres, etc, public interest in such matters keeps growing, and expression is becoming more and more open.... some can consider the attitude of 'only we spiritual not others', etc as portrayed by some posters here even ridiculous...

So sir, provocativeness, can come in all forms as does the attitude of feeling of being offended....possibly to the likes of you allowing right wing violence endorsements on a forum is perfectly fine, but sir to the like of me pointing out such stuff is perfectly fine too...no offence either way..

Regards.

Last edited:
Dear all,

Just Forgive and Forget.The Human mind is very much prone to ups and downs and sometimes we may say things which we dont ever mean and regret it later.
How many of us have not fought with loved ones and said hurtful things whether directly or indirectly only to regret or forgive later?

Just try to think that all of us are Good but with little Bad in us...Lets not the little bad ruin the Good in all of us.

Lets move on and let bygones be bygones.

lots of love to everyone
renu

Good message Renu.

Wrt to some posters like Nachi Naga / Bala, et al, as long as you say things that 'brahmins' want to hear, you will be welcome.

If you say things that 'brahmins' do not want to hear you will get to read all sorts of comments.

Since your stay in this forum is going to be for a long time, just letting you know that your caste, husband's caste, language, being a mixed breed, etc, can be touched upon with quite a few comments here. Am sure you being mature will not bother about it.

Am just wondering if you too will "grow up" from being the sensitive sorts to the seasoned sorts here... :)

Best Wishes and God Bless.

Kunjuppu ji,

All the best

Sri RVR, Hats Off to you, You have spoken the truth. There are lot of peddlings happening here.Let it not distract us. Let this tribe(like you and similar minded ) flourish.

You can count me as the Sri Rama's squirrel in any positive activity.

Greetings

Sri.Nachi Naga,

It was very unfortunate that I could not debate with you about the Islamic Fundus created by the Americans in the first place. I am not very impressed with your dragging Lord Krishna in to this lousy dirty politics played by the Americans. As usual they are waging a war in someone else's backyard bringing misery to the people in that region for protecting the 'freedom' of Americans living in America. If you approve that, so be it; kindly don't drag Krishna in this. I am protesting not because I am a devotee of Krishna; but I can't see anyone justifying American actions in anyway. Period.

Sow.Happy Hindu said, that, part of your message were "perfect sentences from a right wing extremist". Technically she did not call you a 'right wing extremist'. Anyway, you got offended by Sow.Happy Hindu's comments. Fair enough. Honestly I don't see anything wrong with your getting offended. But 'right wing extremist' is not a personal comment. In return, you could have chosen some choicy phrases to address Sow.HH like 'brahmin basher'; Periarist; DK minion etc. But instead you chose to address Sow.Happy Hindu's caste of birth (what ever it may be) and her personal life. Sorry Sir, you did not maintain the decorum in that conversation. In my sincere opinion, you owe an apology to Sow.Happy Hindu. (You may wish to address her with some of the choicy general phrases as I mentioned before when you address her to apologise! I don't know about others, but that would seem perfectly alright in my opinion). Thanks.

Cheers!

Sow.Sri.Happy Hindu said:-

"Some town folk in kanchi talk abt how some certain particular relatives of a junior pontiff became rich suddenly. They can go to quite some length reg monetary issues. You might find their talk 'provocative' but you cannot stop them from saying what they observe.
Wrt the relatives of one junior pontiff, no matter how 'cultured' one is, perhaps some ppl cannot help converting that into capitalism as well (leading to the question - 'what really is culture then')."

Sow.Happy Hindu, I have a huge respect for your write ups mainly due to the research you carry out and the references you could provide to back up your claims. Sow.HH, are you planning to provide references for this? If you do not have references, I am sorry, I have to request you to consider kindly editing that part of the message, please. I am suggesting this to avoid upsetting many members who have a huge respect for the Kanchi mutt. I sincerely hope you would appreciate my concerns.Thank you.

Cheers!

re

Raghy,

Sri.Nachi Naga,

It was very unfortunate that I could not debate with you about the Islamic Fundus created by the Americans in the first place. I am not very impressed with your dragging Lord Krishna in to this lousy dirty politics played by the Americans. As usual they are waging a war in someone else's backyard bringing misery to the people in that region for protecting the 'freedom' of Americans living in America. If you approve that, so be it; kindly don't drag Krishna in this. I am protesting not because I am a devotee of Krishna; but I can't see anyone justifying American actions in anyway. Period.

The war waged by Islamic fundus was on the territory of USA namely New York.As for quoting Lord Krishna,the Bhagavath Gita is explicit about the instruction to Kshatria Dharma.Therefore i am well within my spiritual right to bless American's in the fight against Islamic fundus.You have your opinion,which is fair enough,i too am well within my right to support American's in their just war in Afghanistan.

Sow.Happy Hindu said, that, part of your message were "perfect sentences from a right wing extremist". Technically she did not call you a 'right wing extremist'. Anyway, you got offended by Sow.Happy Hindu's comments. Fair enough. Honestly I don't see anything wrong with your getting offended. But 'right wing extremist' is not a personal comment. In return, you could have chosen some choicy phrases to address Sow.HH like 'brahmin basher'; Periarist; DK minion etc. But instead you chose to address Sow.Happy Hindu's caste of birth (what ever it may be) and her personal life. Sorry Sir, you did not maintain the decorum in that conversation. In my sincere opinion, you owe an apology to Sow.Happy Hindu. (You may wish to address her with some of the choicy general phrases as I mentioned before when you address her to apologise! I don't know about others, but that would seem perfectly alright in my opinion). Thanks.

Thanks for your assessment,about happy and me.I think people should apologise to me,for linking me with bala and continue to do so,when i have no contact whatsoever with bala.I am sure neither kunjuppu nor happy hindu,would like me to address them as 'konjamuppu & unhappy mandu',while i start posting my messages.I am willing to let bygones be bygones and not drag this sordid spat forever.Respect for each other is a two way street.

As regards caste,look at the hypocrisy of the members- the chennai swayamvaram as well bangalore swayamvaram,are ONLY for caste 'brahmin' hindus.In real life people indulge in jathi dharma only,but write utter utopian values,which has no relevance in absolute terms of living.I cannot but chuckle at the double standards being adopted here.

Dragging Kanchi Acharyas sampradayams,is done on a regular basis by some member's,for which they ought to apologise to the acharyas,first.What they do by tarnishing the acharyas is really uncalled for and its hurtful to me personally.Even in your last post,you have requested happy hindu to edit some of the comments-so,you see,where i come from!

Are the Iyengar Acharyas any different from Smartha Acharyas? in upholding vedic sampradayam?Are the Iyengar Acharyas being dragged and ridiculed?Don't Iyengar Acharyas continue the very same practices of yore?Why simply target Kanchi Acharyas?Just because they are soft targets or what????It's really galling and when i hit a raw nerve,all hell has broken loose.Every tom dick and hari,is asking me to apologise!!!There are millions of clones like bala,but that does not mean,each and everyone is bala himself.For all you know,nacchinarkiniyan,himself using another handle,to post,as i see from my perspective,because,i am beginning to see the connection or lack of it,from erstwhile members here.I certainly am not accusing anybody here,but the alleged accusation is ' i am bala' posting under nachi naga.How ridiculous can anyone get.

Moreover,i think,this will be my last post,in this subject and i am straying away from the topic of the thread itself.So,i am going to moderate myself,despite uncalled provocation from a minority of members.Tit for Tat is ending from side,as i dont think being tatless is a good thing.

nachi naga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back