• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Women in Hinduism

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said I dont know tomorrow..If no one wants to do the rites,,the government will dispose the body in the cooperation crematorium.

That's the spirit you have Renuka!

If you carry on with the same spirit during your final days and during the time when "you" are out of our body as a soul, having lived with relationships, that would be fine.

but you would like the spouse (not the patients) to jump with you on the pyre

No I wont cos you see I am dead and wont be able to treat their 3rd degree burns wound if they jump in and later jump out.

Hey relax yaar..I see guys get more emotional than woman when marriage and love is discussed!!LOL

No I wont cos you see I am dead and wont be able to treat their 3rd degree burns wound if they jump in and later jump out.

Hey relax yaar..I see guys get more emotional than woman when marriage and love is discussed!!LOL
Yes Dear Renu,.. Marriage is all about emotions and love, and you cant find them in a business contract

Yes Dear Renu,.. Marriage is all about emotions and love, and you cant find them in a business contract

Ok sweetheart..I agree with you to a certain extent but somehow I dont get too emotional about relationships in lives.

You know in January when my grandmum died..at the crematorium my 12 year old son asked me "amma just now I saw everyone crying but when the fire is getting bigger and hotter why is everyone standing away? Love last till death only isnt it Amma?"

I had to learn that from a 12 year old.

That's the spirit you have Renuka!

If you carry on with the same spirit during your final days and during the time when "you" are out of our body as a soul, having lived with relationships, that would be fine.

Thanks Ravi..I really meant what I said cos I really dont want to impose anything of anyone even in my final days.
Anyhow there will nothing much to cremate too cos I am pledged body donor for almost all organs.

Last edited:
Thanks Ravi..I really meant what I said cos I really dont want to impose anything of anyone even in my final days.
Anyhow there will nothing much to cremate too cos I am pledged body donor for almost all organs.

Yes Renuka..We can't impose anythong to any one even when we are alive. In such a case we can't impose anything to anyone while counting final days in death bed.

But, as per vedic principles, performance of final rites are must by the most elegible person of our relationship or at least by some near and dear ones (a close friend/attendent during our last days), for a smooth and peaceful transmigration of the soul.

Well, if you don't believe this OR you are not bothered with this does not matter much, as long as you don't belittle the values of love and emotions in your life, admiring the realistic world. IMO, Realistic idealism are good to be in right shape in our day to day life BUT not so while living with and dealing with human feelings.

The attitude of "Who cares come what may?" may be personally good to fulfill one's desires, in a practical life BUT not good in rejecting the uniquely coded sense/feelings of love, emotions and attachments in Humans.

Yes Renuka..We can't impose anythong to any one even when we are alive. In such a case we can't impose anything to anyone while counting final days in death bed.

But, as per vedic principles, performance of final rites are must by the most elegible person of our relationship or at least by some near and dear ones (a close friend/attendent during our last days), for a smooth and peaceful transmigration of the soul.

Well, if you don't believe this OR you are not bothered with this does not matter much, as long as you don't belittle the values of love and emotions in your life, admiring the realistic world. IMO, Realistic idealism are good to be in right shape in our day to day life BUT not so while living with and dealing with human feelings.

The attitude of "Who cares come what may?" may be personally good to fulfill one's desires, in a practical life BUT not good in rejecting the uniquely coded sense/feelings of love, emotions and attachments in Humans.

Dear Ravi,

I am a very loving person by nature and its takes a lot of love not to impose rules on anyone.
It is very possible to be loving and compassionate without being over emotional.

The ideal is always not being emotional, positive or negative. There comes the importance of the sense of duty and responsibility because one who is above emotions, acts based on these alone.

Women have always been powerful. I am not talking of Draupati. A polygamist survives because of the mighty women he is married to to work as buffers. In monogamy the man plays it safe perhaps. She lights lamp to dispel darkness. She cooks food to survive. There is a woman behind every successful man. If the man is not successful again it could be the woman! In India there used to be a whole region which was only ruled by ladies. Shakthi is woman in our language parlance. When you complain or pray to god, he does not reply. When your wife speaks, says, tells or orders, you do not reply! Here you are not god; but She is.

Its as simple as this..anyone of us can write words of praise of Hindu women but in real life I dont really think most Hindu males means what they write.

Renuka,
Tish tish tish,
Generalization.
You are probably speaking from your personal experience.
I am disappointed.

I write what I truly feel, no body is asking me to write. My wife does not read my post.

Last edited:
Dear Ravi,

I am a very loving person by nature and its takes a lot of love not to impose rules on anyone.
It is very possible to be loving and compassionate without being over emotional.

Dear Renuka,

Nice to note that you are a very loving person..

Imposing rules neither shows our sense of love nor can offer others love towards us.

Understanding, honoring, responding and acting to the needs of human emotions in true and positive sense is what is LOVE all about, that would give us back the same thing from others. Imposing and receiving has no place here. This is the truth of Human survival from brith to death.

Presentation of Love and Compassion needs reasonable expressions to be acknowledged by others. Without required and balanced sense of emotions one can not act/express their Love and compassion. For example, If you be rude to your son or if you don't express your love to your son, the way he can understand and accept, you can not expect him to love you back irrespective of what great things you offer to him for his life. For him you just did your duty with burden or just to keep yourself happy. He can see you only as a selfish lady. The same goes between the spouse.

I am not vouching for emotional imbalance/over emotions. I am vouching for emotional importance of the types that can sooth others and make them feel better, that can show them how you mean them and that can let you fulfill your duties and responsibilities without any sense of burden, hatred and bitterness.

Ok sweetheart..I agree with you to a certain extent but somehow I dont get too emotional about relationships in lives.

Perhaps there are many people who with the high level of richness and financial security tend to give least importance to the emotions of relationships.

You know in January when my grandmum died..at the crematorium my 12 year old son asked me "amma just now I saw everyone crying but when the fire is getting bigger and hotter why is everyone standing away? Love last till death only isnt it Amma?"

People who loved the person - mother/father/brothers/sisters/husband/wife/friends certainly carry their love towards the person even after his/her death. They miss the person often and remember them on many occasions.

They know and have the fear of consequences of heat/fire and stay away when fire of the pyre gets bigger and hotter. This does not restricts them from carrying their sense of love towards the dead person, for the rest of their life.

Dear Renuka, explain this to your son, if you feel what I said is true.

I think your son knows how to please you, or rather reads your mind well :)

I think your son knows how to please you, or rather reads your mind well :)

I go by the latter..he really reads my mind well..thats why sometimes I have to make an effort to filter my thoughts also cos what I think he eventually knows.
But he is one detached person since a child..he loves everyone but somehow is able to stay detached too.
I dont know how he manages it so well but I am happy that he is a balanced person..loving yet not emotional.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by renuka
Its as simple as this..anyone of us can write words of praise of Hindu women but in real life I dont really think most Hindu males means what they write.

Renuka,
Tish tish tish,
Generalization.
You are probably speaking from your personal experience.
I am disappointed.

I write what I truly feel, no body is asking me to write. My wife does not read my post.​

Dear Prasad ji,

Did you read what I wrote? When I write I always keep an escape clause and this is what I wrote :

I dont really think most Hindu males means what they write.

I didnt say all men...so I didnt generalize, So my dear you could be an exception.

Dear Renuka,

Nice to note that you are a very loving person..

Imposing rules neither shows our sense of love nor can offer others love towards us.

Understanding, honoring, responding and acting to the needs of human emotions in true and positive sense is what is LOVE all about, that would give us back the same thing from others. Imposing and receiving has no place here. This is the truth of Human survival from brith to death.

Presentation of Love and Compassion needs reasonable expressions to be acknowledged by others. Without required and balanced sense of emotions one can not act/express their Love and compassion. For example, If you be rude to your son or if you don't express your love to your son, the way he can understand and accept, you can not expect him to love you back irrespective of what great things you offer to him for his life. For him you just did your duty with burden or just to keep yourself happy. He can see you only as a selfish lady. The same goes between the spouse.

I am not vouching for emotional imbalance/over emotions. I am vouching for emotional importance of the types that can sooth others and make them feel better, that can show them how you mean them and that can let you fulfill your duties and responsibilities without any sense of burden, hatred and bitterness.

Dear Ravi,

I am not praising myself but I know I am not a selfish person.
Please do not think that emotions and love are the same thing.

Love is a feeling that words cannot describe.
Emotions is a reaction to love or any situation.

One needs to have Love in his/her heart to feel for another person.
Ok lets put it this way.
Love is like Purusha(Static) and Emotions are like Prakirti(Dynamic)

Ok emotions being dynamic can be influenced by Gunas..Sattva,Rajas and Tamas.
Sattva emotions are being calm in any situation and equiposed.
Rajas emotions can be selfish and possessive.
Tamas emotions can be destructive.

One can be loving with an admixture of all 3 Guna suffused emotions in different proportions.
Thats just being human.

May be you are mistaking me to be a cold individual who doesnt display how I feel to the persons I love.

Ravi..I express my love openly to my son by hugs, kisses, saying "amma loves you" and hearing out all his daily activity and also he thinks I am his super hero who can solve all his problems.

I love my son and those who are in my life without being emotional.
I love them enough to let them even go if they feel they dont need me cos I know in this world we all finally leave and I wont hate them or feel bitter too.

Last edited:
Perhaps there are many people who with the high level of richness and financial security tend to give least importance to the emotions of relationships.

Dear Ravi,

You seemed to have placed money as even overriding love.

Money has value for the mundane world but even money gets turned to ashes when its burnt.

I will tell you a true story about a Business Magnet here whose son became a Buddhist Monk.

He found his son in a Buddhist Monastery and wanted to buy his son a meal but his son declined and told his father that as a monk he can only beg for his meal.

Then the business magnet said this in a newspaper interview "With all the money I have..I cant even buy my son a meal"

The business magnet realized that money actually has very little value.

Ananda Krishnan is the second richest man in Malaysia. According to Forbes he is worth 7.6 Billion dollars. The Tamil Malaysian of Sri Lankan Tamil origin is a self made man and is a notable philanthropist but leads a low profile life. He and his son are both Buddhists.
Few years ago, the billionaire lost his son. He started to look for him and his search stopped in a Buddhist monastery in north Thailand. Shocked to see his son in saffron robes, short hair with a begging bowl in his hand the father invites his son for a meal.
“I am sorry; I cannot accept your invitation.” Like all my fellow monks, I have to beg for my food.” Krishnan reply made headlines, “With all my wealth I cannot even afford to feed my own son.”

Business Bhutan - Nations only Financial Newspaper

Dear Ravi,

Money has value for the mundane world but even money gets turned to ashes when its burnt.

I will tell you a true story about a Business Magnet here whose son became a Buddhist Monk.

He found his son in a Buddhist Monastery and wanted to buy his son a meal but his son declined and told his father that as a monk he can only beg for his meal.

Then the business magnet said this in a newspaper interview "With all the money I have..I cant even buy my son a meal"

The business magnet realized that money actually has very little value.

"Better Late Than Never"

I wish some people who out of their high level of richness and financial sercurity tend to give least imporatance to emotions of human relationships, should understand and value human feelings and its charm, ASAP, with the examples of such real life cases as explained above.

Dear Ravi,

No..No dear Renuka. You are turning the plate upside down.

Its not me who is placing money on top of Human emotions and Love.

Based on one of your previous posts, I could reassure time and again and highlight, the existing human nature in this world, that, many are the people who all with their high level of richness and financial security tend to give least importance to the emotions of human relationships.

One of your posts helped me to reckon this pathetic behaviour of some such humans.

No..No dear Renuka. You are turning the plate upside down.

Its not me who is placing money on top of Human emotions and Love.

Based on one of your previous posts, I could reassure time and again and highlight, the existing human nature in this world, that, many are the people who all with their high level of richness and financial security tend to give least importance to the emotions of human relationships.

One of your posts helped me to reckon this pathetic behaviour of some such humans.

No No Ravi dear...I didnt mean to turn the plate upside down...how to eat yaar if plate is Ulta!!LOL

So Ravi now my doubt is cleared..I was thinking that you were putting money above everything but now I get a clearer picture and glad to know we think alike.

It is human nature to seek what he does not have. A husband and wife seek a child, the child will first seek a toy and at or after 20 real life for that he has to seek money either on his own or from his parents. That done he may seek relief from old association and seek a new alliance. Otherwise, he may seek seclusion. In between he might have sought many more things. Not every body gets what he wants and there are numerous people who keep seeking what they do not know whatthey want. And the one who has always been successful in getting what he seeks, will kill the desire to seek any thing. Money is not god. But you have to admit that money is equally powerful if not above him at least in these days. I know a daughter-in-law who would yearn for a mother-in-law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back