• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Women in d(u)ress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learn from the media that Slut Walk, a rally held at Queen’s Park (Toronto) on 3 April 2011 is to be replicated in Delhi by end of this month. Slut Walk is aimed at making women aware that they are in fact in charge of their own sexuality. Slut Walk is being seen as a symbol of Pride and Confidence, a way of taking back what has been taken away from women. The name for the Desi version is Besharmi Morcha (बेशर्मीमोर्चा; Shameless Walk). A 19 year old Delhi student (girl) is spearheading this march. She says, “There is no shame in wearing any kind of clothes”.

The question raised is, “Why is the length of the skirt always considered to be directly proportional to a woman's morality?

Last edited:

The question raised is, “Why is the length of the skirt always considered to be directly proportional to a woman's morality?

Pardon me, I need better glasses... I read the title as Women i undress

Regarding your question, full clothing keeps the skin clean on dirt and damage, and hence certain added value which is coded into morality languages.

Siva,

The length of the skirt is more related to the prevailing moral standards of the society. .

Becasue, "Hiding appealing parts" are considered moral and "Revealing appealing parts" are considered immoral. So the more the skirt is revealing (short, mini, micro mini skrits) the more is the immorality and the less the skirt is revealing the more is the morality.

Wearing a short/mini/micro mini skirt may reveal that the girl enjoys guys watching her and appreciating her beauty
Wearing a medium length skirt may reveal that the girl just wants to be attractive without hiding all and without revealing all
Wearing lengthier skirt may reveal that the girl is more concerned about not revealing her natural beauty and and not to kindle the natural sense of attactions of the guys towards it.

May be I am right, may be I am wrong..

Dr.Barani: Is that what you see or what you wish?:gossip:

By the way, the question is not mine. It is raised by the protesters. As a spectator, I would not measure one's morality when I am looking at the skirt!:lalala:

Sravna ji: I wait for a response for your comment.

The name for the Desi version is Besharmi Morcha (बेशर्मीमोर्चा; Shameless Walk). A 19 year old Delhi student (girl) is spearheading this march. She says, “There is no shame in wearing any kind of clothes”.

its not a shame full walk.. women are free to choose whatever they want, in this free world.

its difficult to define this skirt length.. quite difficult.. I dont have any objections about it being short. if short skirt was not disturbing men, then, even that skimpy skirt shouldnt be... why we need a skirt ? any men would love it.. entertainment free of cost.

but if they, respect others freedom like they want them to be, ask that girl, if she would be ok if one runs a strip-tease bar on the next door? and if she would be ok in having nude beaches across bay of bengal?

and what if men of india, choose to walk in the streets with VIP jogs, alone. if its ok, then its ok with me. . if that's called as women freedom, then men's freedom should also equally be recognised. Men should be free to piss on any lane sides, as long as it doesnt disturb the hygiene, but morality is not an issue any more.

sadly, in india, man cannot stand upright and piss in road side! that's a condemned act by women.

anyways, i support sluts.. that's a good entertainment for my eyes.I'm on womens side.. given a chance, I would walk the slut walk..

Last edited by a moderator:
Becasue, "Hiding appealing parts" are considered moral and "Revealing appealing parts" are considered immoral. So the more the skirt is revealing (short, mini, micro mini skrits) the more is the immorality and the less the skirt is revealing the more is the morality.

Wearing a short/mini/micro mini skirt may reveal that the girl enjoys guys watching her and appreciating her beauty
Wearing a medium length skirt may reveal that the girl just wants to be attractive without hiding all and without revealing all
Wearing lengthier skirt may reveal that the girl is more concerned about not revealing her natural beauty and and not to kindle the natural sense of attactions of the guys towards it.

May be I am right, may be I am wrong..

Shri.Ravi: You are partly right and partly wrong.

I see it like this:
Long skirt : Boring
Medium skirt: Brooding
Short skirt: Brewing
Mini skirt: Braving
Micro-mini skirt: Blazing
:party:

Last edited:

I see it like this:
Short skirt: Braving
Mini skirt: Blazing
Micro-mini skirt: Brewing

how about skirtless? there sholdnt be a problem, after all its a minor phase shift from micro-mini skirt?

I do not think revealing dress has to do with one's morality. Immoral acts are done in the dark than in the open. It may say that the girl is confident and self assured provided revealing is not overdone. One other dimension is the way she conducts herself which I think amplifies or diminishes the impression created by the dress.

how about skirtless? there sholdnt be a problem, after all its a minor phase shift from micro-mini skirt?

You are right..

In fact the Slut Walk should be to gain support/recognition and encouragement for girls to go out just in panty and bra. Otherwise the concept of "Slut Walk" makes no sense in todays world, IMO.

I say make it full dress... as long as transparent!

Actually, this a good question to ask the atheists... is full dress that is transparent considered a dress or no dress...

I do not think revealing dress has to do with one's morality. Immoral acts are done in the dark than in the open. It may say that the girl is confident and self assured provided revealing is not overdone. One other dimension is the way she conducts herself which I think amplifies or diminishes the impression created by the dress.

Shri Sravna,

That's perfectly right. And that's the fact. The length of the skirt can not determine the morality. The way she conducts herself alone can reveal.

But the doubt I have is, than why in a civilized modern society such a term - "Slut Walk" is coined?

Offcourse women are in charge of their own sexuality. But than why such a demonstrative show to be considered "Slut Walk"?

The dictionary meaning of "Slut" is -

slut

(sl
ubreve.gif
t) n. 1. a. A person, especially a woman, considered sexually promiscuous.
b. A woman prostitute.

2. A slovenly woman; a slattern.

slut [slʌt] n 1. a dirty slatternly woman
2. an immoral woman

irony

i·ro·ny1    /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled
[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA

–noun, plural -nies.
1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
2. Literature .
a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b. (especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion

Shri Sravna,

That's perfectly right. And that's the fact. The length of the skirt can not determine the morality. The way she conducts herself alone can reveal.

But the doubt I have is, than why in a civilized modern society such a term - "Slut Walk" is coined?

Offcourse women are in charge of their own sexuality. But than why such a demonstrative show to be considered "Slut Walk"?

The dictionary meaning of "Slut" is -

slut

(sl
ubreve.gif
t) n. 1. a. A person, especially a woman, considered sexually promiscuous.
b. A woman prostitute.

2. A slovenly woman; a slattern.

slut [slʌt] n 1. a dirty slatternly woman
2. an immoral woman

Dear Ravi,

Maybe they want to make a strong statement. When something is repressed for long it erupts rather strongly when the opportunity comes. As I said it is the mental attitude that is lot more important. You can be revealing but make the men stay at a distance from you that way.

I would like to think modern women are mentally strong. I am not sure though.

I see it like this:
Short skirt: Brewing
Mini skirt: Braving
Micro-mini skirt: Blazing

hey shiva you missed out 1 more.

Ala Marilyn Monroe in Seven Year Itch movie. This thread will be getting members itching to join in.
We can officially declare this the next active thread.

Dear Ravi,

Maybe they want to make a strong statement. When something is repressed for long it erupts rather strongly when the opportunity comes. As I said it is the mental attitude that is lot more important. You can be revealing but make the men stay at a distance from you that way.

I would like to think modern women are mentally strong. I am not sure though.

Sravna,

I feel women have been strong all the while, its just that the modern women got the chance to grab the microphone.

If anyone can go through labour pain she is strong enough.Believe me thats an experience which is painful yet brings joy.

I cant wait for Amala to see this thread!!

Sravna,

I feel women have been strong all the while, its just that the modern women got the chance to grab the microphone.

If anyone can go through labour pain she is strong enough.Believe me thats an experience which is painful yet brings joy.

I cant wait for Amala to see this thread!!

Dear Amala,

Where are you?? You are much needed here to express your views....

But spare me please.. :)

I just have expressed how the society deals with short/mini/micro mini/lengthy skirts associations with the morality of the girls. Because it's not only the men community but a hell lot of women community in conservative societies like India, deals in such an order.

As far as I am concerned individually, I am not bothered of it and woud not associate the length of the skirt with the morality of the girl, bluntly.

I am just intolerable to the term - "Slut Walk". And want to explore why such a term is used?

Shoudn't it be - "Practical Walk" OR "Right to walk" or something like that??

Folks -

Have you met and worked with woman who are considered attractive and 'much smarter than you' ?

You have to be honest. I can honestly say - Yes, many times

I say make it full dress... as long as transparent!

Actually, this a good question to ask the atheists... is full dress that is transparent considered a dress or no dress...

First we Theist will answer this question.

Dvaitist says: Both dress and its transparency are present.

Vishistadvaitist says: In the transparency we still see the dress.

Advaitist says:The dress is just an illusion,its absent!!!

First we Theist will answer this question.

Dvaitist says: Both dress and its transparency are present.

Vishistadvaitist says: In the transparency we still see the dress.

Advaitist says:The dress is just an illusion,its absent!!!

I will answer for Atheists:

"What dress? I don't even see a person wearing it! What came before that Dress? Who is the Tailor? How was the cloth created? Explain now without using your own words or examples! And remember, cows are nonvegetarians, and plants can't synthesize all amino acids!"

Folks -

Have you met and worked with woman who are considered attractive and 'much smarter than you' ?

You have to be honest. I can honestly say - Yes, many times

Sri Tks,

I have worked with many girls and never could differentiate their performance with that of men. I have come across girls who were "more smarter than me", "less smarter than me", "not at all to be considered smart" etc, just like guys. I have seen all standards in both the gender.

"Attractiveness" is totally different and as a guy I will say that the consideration of attractiveness of a girl differs from one guy to another. Generally I never have a sense of considering a girl non attractive. For me the beautify of feminine qualities is much enough to consider a girl attractive.

I will answer for Atheists:

"What dress? I don't even see a person wearing it! What came before that Dress? Who is the Tailor? How was the cloth created? Explain now without using your own words or examples! And remember, cows are nonvegetarians, and plants can't synthesize all amino acids!"

Now God replies:

Humans!!! Thank Myself they cant see My Avarana(Veil)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back