• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Women empowerment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the unmistakable feeling that the OP itself is the mindwork of a slightly perverted mind. This kind of pervertion is lucidly explained by Keralites by their ageless proverb "கழுதக்காமம் கரஞ்ஞு தீரும்" (The donkey's lust is spent by braying!!)

Note: I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, but am only indicating the unnaturalness of some males being "obsessed with" ogling, pressing, hugging, squeezing etc., even when they have no such inclinations or bad habits themselves. Is it because of a kind of para-jealousy towards fellows who do such things? I know this forum has become subject to morality guidelines laid down by some "more than equal" members. If I am banned, so be it; anyway the traffic has decreased by 20% year to year!

I was reading a chapter from Nagarjuna's Precious Garland book yesterday where Nagarjuna gives practical advise to a King on how to run a kingdom right from welfare of the sick,the poor,taxes, education,treatment and reformation of prisoners etc.

Then he also recommended providing Sex workers to those seeking sexual pleasure when it suits governmental need for entertainment.

So I guess in the past every profession was given its due respect without trying to judge anyone harshly.

i feel we are making a mountain out of a mole. Each nation has people who have different way of admiring females whether they are beautiful or not. Indian way is to veni, vidi but no vici menaing they come, they see and they go without any victory. So why not just 'dont bother' and accept the same in the stride.

I agree with Renuka regarding the kids attitude. We need to treat a kid as the kid and need not attribute serious meanings to his normal attitude. Once we start noting and start reprimanding then he will lose his childhood ignorance and will be psychologically tarnished,

Dakshina bharatam too followed a similar policy; everyone was provided for. Some diversions may not be viewed desirable, but were not considered criminal.

So I guess in the past every profession was given its due respect without trying to judge anyone harshly.

I get the unmistakable feeling that the OP itself is the mindwork of a slightly perverted mind. This kind of pervertion is lucidly explained by Keralites by their ageless proverb "கழுதக்காமம் கரஞ்ஞு தீரும்" (The donkey's lust is spent by braying!!)

Note: I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, but am only indicating the unnaturalness of some males being "obsessed with" ogling, pressing, hugging, squeezing etc., even when they have no such inclinations or bad habits themselves. Is it because of a kind of para-jealousy towards fellows who do such things? I know this forum has become subject to morality guidelines laid down by some "more than equal" members. If I am banned, so be it; anyway the traffic has decreased by 20% year to year!

This OP is based on an advertisement by Whistling Woods International and notes are by Deepa Kanupauli

What it states in Video is surely applicable to Indians in General.

please open this link from which OP is posted.

http://www.upworthy.com/this-ad-fro...re-when-they-stare-at-women-on-the-street?g=2

It is not from even the slightest perverted mind.

Last edited:
Ages 5-10 are a very impressionable age..any wrong accusation of any kind might scar a child forever and might make him a potential pervert.
Accidental touching aside, if a boy of 5 - 10 deliberately goes for a grab and a squeeze, he must be disciplined, otherwise, he is very likely to grow up with a sense of entitlement to grab and squeeze, a creep in the making, Tejpal/Ganguly style.

Discipline but in the right way. Not by accusing him of sexual perversion. BTW it is well known that kids of both genders in all cultures play some sex games. Not because they understand the concepts of reproduction, but because usually adults have taught them that certain parts are taboo. So they satisfy their curiosity by playing with their friends, just as they would explore a new toy to see how it responds. This can happen even in the 2-5 yr age group. Over-reaction to this behavior may actually produce emotional scarring. Renukaji is right.

No over reaction is needed Biswa Sir!

But is it not necessary to teach them what is right or wrong?

Accidental touching aside, if a boy of 5 - 10 deliberately goes for a grab and a squeeze, he must be disciplined, otherwise, he is very likely to grow up with a sense of entitlement to grab and squeeze, a creep in the making, Tejpal/Ganguly style.

Dear Nara ji,

I beg to differ..as far as I know most of us would have grabbed something or the other when we were young.

I see kids daily at my practice aged some 5-10 who get real excited and laugh non stop when they see me giving their parents injections on the gluteal region..they will say "Mummy's or Daddy's got a big butt! Ha Ha Ha" and then giggle non stop.

Some kids just see all this as fun.

I also have a poster of the human body which shows obesity and fat deposition on the human body and kids aged 5-10 always giggle and laugh "this looks like dad!"

So you see the 5-10 years is an innocent age where the male hormones has not started working yet and this is the age they really dislike girls so I can not and do not want to even think of reprimanding a child of this age and scar him psychologically for the rest of his life.

A boy comes of age around 14 -15 years and that is when his hormones start working and even then any reprimanding should be done without making the boy feel guilty.

On their own kids dont go around attacking or grabbing females..so older and elderly woman also should know not to touch kids and hug kids for nothing at all.

Somehow females expect some amount of immunity when they go around hugging people ..but when a guy hugs people he is supposed to be a pervert.

One has to be fair to both males and females..adults should lay off hugging kids for no reason at all.

Last edited:
Right again. If grandma pinches cheeks she is showing affection, but if grandpa does it, he is a pervert. Seems like double standards to me. And kids often resist this display instinctively.

Mrs. RR I agree with you that he (it seems you have seen this behavior only from boys) should be taught right or wrong, but without mention of ... because at that age, they should not have a clue. Mentioning of taboo subjects only enhances curiosity.

hi

If grandma pinches cheeks she is showing affection, but if grandpa does it, he is a pervert...

i agreed biswa sir.....this is reality tooo....grandpa can be pervert.....not grandma.....this society law.....these sexual feelings

are continuing his/her poorva janma vaasana.....according to sigment freud's child pshycology........these are by nature....not

intentionally.......boys are more curiosity than gals....

Boys can dress up like Gandhiji too!

800px-Gandhi_spinning-ED.jpg

Photo courtesy: Google images

I know personally two boys, my primary school classmates, who used to want suckling. They would have been about 7 or 8 years, it was rural, undeveloped village and the time—65 or so years ago. One of these, now a retired state government employee has been leading a quiet tabra householder's life and is also spending his active time in a local temple - FREE - because of his religiousness. His childhoos habit has not made him even marginally pervert because he is a much respected person in the very small village circle where he still lives in his ancestral house (of course, renovated.).

I have no idea about the second friend. But to my best knowledge there has not been any adverse reports about him whenever I used to meet my first friend (aforesaid) in my native village; last heard, about 10 or 15 years ago, this second friend was working in some private company as a well-paid engineer somewhere in Hyderabad or so.

I therefore think that a small boy of around 10 years even grabbing/squeezing may not make him a pervert as soon as he matures. On the contrary our scriptures extol a boyish Krishna doing the very things to innumerable gopastrees (who were all married and whose husbands were restlessly waiting for them in bed room) and that was how Krishna became, possibly, an avataar. So, what is wrong if, in India, the same "Krishna-consciousness" continues to pervade the minds of boys and young men? I will say that our young girls who enjoy flaunting their bodies AMAP should develop similarly, the "Gopastree consciousness" ;)

Actually those who hug may, perhaps, be not be so bothered as those who voice their concern against it. These things cannot be generalized and conclusions drawn...

Btw women empowerment itself means that we are enabling them... and this is not required. What is required is perhaps the realization in the mind of males that women are not their property.

The ad in the OP is idiotic, to say the least. When a female displays her curves, why is a male subject to caustic remarks for an admiring glance at her body? Going beyong glances, pestering the girl would definitely be an invasion of the girl's personal sphere... but for a mere admiring glance?

But I did not like it where the guys apparently cast glances at the bosom of a sleeping girl. Akin to voyeurism.

I have a question: why is the concept of beauty automatically applied to women and not men? I think people usually find both male and female babies to be cute. But an object of desire whether it be a fast red sports car or a powerful big honking lorry (or Mrs. RR's auto in the pic) are all considered female. Why?

biswa Sir

Usually women are described as " beautiful' and men as' Handsome' or looking Good.

Anything can be beautiful and need not be a feminine; Men are attracted to women's beautiful face!!

Women facial beauty has an expiry date, and that is the reason they they always try to show her face beautiful!!

Raji Madam..

Good one.. Thanks

Dear Biswa Sir,

I think since most of the male animals are more beautiful (handsome?) than the females, humans wanted to brand the females as beauties.

It is a news that the automobiles, lorries and autos considered female? Is it anything to do with Hindi grammar? (gAdi??) :)

BTW, are buses considered male or female?

......... Women facial beauty has an expiry date, and that is the reason they they always try to show her face beautiful!! ....
Dear P J Sir,

At least ladies have expiry date ONLY for their face!

But most of the men have it even for their hair!! :D

At least ladies have expiry date ONLY for their face!

But most of the men have it even for their hair!!
And what about the expiration date where it really counts, but for the v-remedy, LOL ....

The face of the woman (or man) you love is always beautiful, young or old ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back