• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Women empowerment

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Ad from India Shows Exactly how men creepy they are when they stare at women on the street

If you're a woman and have been in a public place, chances are you've been the recipient of an unwanted leer or stare from a guy. Sometimes the staring turns into more. One year after Nirbhaya, a young girl in Delhi, was brutally raped on a bus, this Mumbai film school released a video highlighting the harassment and unwanted attention women face while just trying to go about their day. It's meant to start a conversation about what empowerment for women looks like.

This problem isn't unique to India, but it's definitely a place to start the conversation.

This Ad From India Shows Men Exactly How Creepy They Are When They Stare At Women On The Street

You can also watch the same Video from here:

"Dekh Le" -- Issued in Public Interest by Whistling Woods International - YouTube

Last edited:
Dear P J Sir,

Do you think the young girls will think about this? Most of them think 'exposing' is real beauty!

Of course, even if the dress covers up fully, the face is stared at! :spy:

Dear RR ji,

Men will look at anything..covered or not covered..so you see we cant be living for the sake of avoiding their stares..so the best is to dress for the occasion and appropriately for the time,place and country.

Its no big deal these days who looks at whom..an admiring glance is no harm after all even a sharp dressed man will make the heads of women turn.

BTW if we see some guy staring at us like some desperado just ignore him..its that simple.I wont be bothered what he thinks as long he does not touch me.

Last edited:
.... It's meant to start a conversation about what empowerment for women looks like.
Since you say it is meant to start a conversation, women empowerment will be complete only when they are no longer made to feel responsible in any &^%$^&^ way for the violence they are subjected to day in and day out. Showing their assets is an invitation to woo them by being nice to them, not to assault them. Please, I understand the importance of encouraging prudent caution, but I reject any notion of even indirectly placing any blame on the girls and women for the revolting and disgusting behavior of men, young and old. This is not to earn any certificate from anybody, this is my sincere and heartfelt opinion.

Once oglers always oglers! The boys should be taught good manners and habits, right from the young age.

I have seen some kids meddling with the (supposed to be untouched) upper parts of women, when they hug them with love.

These habits should be changed immediately by the parents. No bad touches even if he is a kid! :nono:

I have seen some kids meddling with the (supposed to be untouched) upper parts of women, when they hug them with love.

These habits should be changed immediately by the parents. No bad touches even if he is a kid! :nono:

Dear RR ji,

I know you mean good but never make a child feel guilty for an act that is actually part of growing.

Each human has a psychosexual maturation process where we evolve from self discovery starting right from infancy to early childhood..when a child is admonished for touching another person as you wrote when hugged lovingly by some woman..their sexual maturity gets stunted and they end up being stuck at that level and you have created a sexual pervert cos you viewed him/her committed a "crime".

When a young child touches a woman's breast when she hugs him..they do not have adult sexuality in their mind..for them breasts are viewed a security and maternal protection.

When we carry a breast feeding infant of another person..the child automatically places his/her face at the breast/chest area..this is called the Rooting Reflex and this is perfectly normal.

I have seen some male children aged like some 3-4 years who tend to hold breast of woman who hug them..that's just part of growing up..so never ever admonish them harshly..once a child is made to feel guilty his sexual maturity takes a different turn for the worse.

We sometimes we unknowingly create "monsters" ourselves when we tend to view a child's world through adult lenses.

Just for reading:taken from Wikipedia

In Freudian psychology, psychosexual development is a central element of the psychoanalytic sexual drive theory, that human beings, from birth, possess an instinctual libido (sexual energy) that develops in five stages. Each stage – the oral, the anal, the phallic, the latent, and the genital – is characterized by the erogenous zone that is the source of the libidinal drive. Sigmund Freud proposed that if the child experienced sexual frustration in relation to any psychosexual developmental stage, he/she would experience anxiety that would persist into adulthood as a neurosis, a functional mental disorder.[SUP][1[/SUP]

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

I am not talking about infants or toddlers, but about kids - school going children!

Dear RR ji,

I know you mean good but never make a child feel guilty for an act that is actually part of growing.

Each human has a psychosexual maturation process where we evolve from self discovery starting right from infancy to early childhood..when a child is admonished for touching another person as you wrote when hugged lovingly by some woman..their sexual maturity gets stunted and they end up being stuck at that level and you have created a sexual pervert cos you viewed him/her committed a "crime".

When a young child touches a woman's breast when she hugs him..they do not have adult sexuality in their mind..for them breasts are viewed a security and maternal protection.

When we carry a breast feeding infant of another person..the child automatically places his/her face at the breast/chest area..this is called the Rooting Reflex and this is perfectly normal.

I have seen some male children aged like some 3-4 years who tend to hold breast of woman who hug them..that's just part of growing up..so never ever admonish them harshly..once a child is made to feel guilty his sexual maturity takes a different turn for the worse.

We sometimes we unknowingly create "monsters" ourselves when we tend to view a child's world through adult lenses.

Just for reading:taken from Wikipedia
hi renu

according to sigmant freud theory......child psychology................the boys sexual acts are continuation of his previous birth...

i studied abt his theory abt psychology....

Dear Renu,

I am not talking about infants or toddlers, but about kids - school going children!

Dear RR ji,

Pre pubertal boys..this is sometimes seen..so just ignore it or teach them in a way that makes them feel less guilty cos if we admonished them by trying to instill too much morals too soon..they become confused and guilty and this at times increases sexual awareness.

Sometime I travel by Bus, in Chennai; most men stand facing women side, and occasionally they make body contact as if it is due to Bus jolting!!

Even when there is enough vacant space in front, or in Men's side, some seldom move away from women's side.

There is lot of Physical, mental harassment for women commuters in Chennai and other parts of India.

Dear PJ sir,

I do not condone violence of any sort..One has to be very careful when dealing with males especially in public.

Slapping a man in public that too the perverts will only harbour revenge in his mind..so dont be surprised if the pervert strikes back in an acid attack.

Further more creating a scene in public is not really good behaviour.

One can just raise her voice and tell the male.."DO NOT TOUCH ME" and if he backs off well and good..if he does not back off and tries more..then call for help.

This slapping people in public and hitting with slippers etc..somehow looks very uncultured and without a foresight.

Always remember that most Indian perverts have a high male ego..just try to run away from him..do not try to break his ego..he will be surely back with an acid bottle in his hand to splash on our face.

Serendipitous isn't that there was somebody who was videotaping all this?

Even if the whole thing was staged, I still think the woman's response is something to be encouraged. Women must not accept such behavior meekly, they must rise up and challenge these creeps. This is not violence, it is self defense, even a meekly sheep will lunge when cornered, why mustn't young women assaulted by creeps? The more women rise up, and the more we men stand with them in solidarity, the less these creeps will act out their perversions with impunity.

Sometime I travel by Bus, in Chennai; most men stand facing women side, and occasionally they make body contact as if it is due to Bus jolting!!

Even when there is enough vacant space in front, or in Men's side, some seldom move away from women's side.

There is lot of Physical, mental harassment for women commuters in Chennai and other parts of India.

Sure we may sermonize the women about what they should and shouldn't do. But which man has shown the courage to loudly object when they see indecent behavior?

Once oglers always oglers! The boys should be taught good manners and habits, right from the young age.

So are we suggesting that the school age males are perverts but the maamis are above reproach? Why should they hug adolescent boys then if they feel that they may misbehave? I think we may be over-imagining things here.

Dear Biswa Sir,

Renu mistook the word 'kid' for infants and toddlers. Now, you think they are adolescents! FYKI, no mAmi hugs any adolescent other than her own

son. Some kids in the single digit age behave in such a way and they should be taught right from that stage about 'bad touch'. That is what I meant. :)

Renu mistook the word 'kid' for infants and toddlers. Now, you think they are adolescents! FYKI, no mAmi hugs any adolescent other than her own son. Some kids in the single digit age behave in such a way and they should be taught right from that stage about 'bad touch'. That is what I meant.
Dear Mrs. RR, at the risk of getting accused of pandering to you, about which I don't care, I respect a woman's view on this one, as a man I can never know what it is like.

In the West men and women, no matter what age, invariably hug if they are familiar enough. Even after so many years living in the West I feel uncomfortable giving a hug to a woman, and that, IMO, is my own predilection. But if preadolescence kids are giving a squeeze to a older woman they know well enough to be hugged, it is surely a reflection of sexually screwed up society.

The video in the OP is planned. We can see one guy pointing his finger to someone at 19secs. But the reaction seems to be natural but not advisable.

As Renu has pointed out, crooks can take revenge. This lady could have just shouted at him for his misbehaviour. It is rather surprising to see that the

conductor and other men try to pacify the 'chEchi' (elder sister!), instead of finding fault with that miscreant. :tsk:

P.S: Many shops in Sing. Chennai have stopped the sale of toilet-cleaning-acid-bottles!

Dear Nara ji,

Even though I am a female but I would like to be fair to both males and females when it comes to so called inappropriate behavior accusations.

Its very easy for a female to blame any male for any sort of behavior when sometimes when the male might actually be innocent.

I have seen cases where well endowed elderly females with mammary glands the size of a FIFA football hug young pre puberscent males and surely some touch is going to occur..the young male stands a risk of being asphyxiated and tries to escape from the Boa Constrictor hug!

So the best advise is male or female..stop hugging kids..do not give out mix signals to kids and later accuse them of inappropriate behavior.

Last edited:
Yes, to RRji's point, if a kid in single digit misbehaves, surely they can be given a slap, because they probably dont understand what sexual molestation means. Glad that you (and hopefully other maamis) dont try to hug adolescents.

And to the ever gallant professor. Yes, surely I have not been fondled by an adolescent boy. And I have never tried to hug one either. So no brotherly or avuncular love from my side. Sorry.

...Its very easy for a female to blame any male for any sort of behavior when sometimes when the male might actually be innocent..
Renuka ji, sure, there are probably cases where horny older women prey upon innocent little creatures of the male kind. But, given the preponderance of innocent and minding their own business women who are subjected to everyday indignity of the male pervert kind, I rather err in favor of the female variety of humanity. IM humble O, what you are driving at is a perverse and untenable false equivalency, something some members of this site are expert at with whom no rational and self-respecting individual will associate with, and I hope you won't, because you don't belong with them.

Renuka ji, sure, there are probably cases where horny older women prey upon innocent little creatures of the male kind. But, given the preponderance of innocent and minding their own business women who are subjected to everyday indignity of the male pervert kind, I rather err in favor of the female variety of humanity. IM humble O, what you are driving at is a perverse and untenable false equivalency, something some members of this site are expert at with whom no rational and self-respecting individual will associate with, and I hope you won't, because you don't belong with them.

Dear Nara Ji,

I know what you mean,..Yes I am aware of the Blame the Female Brigade..but here we are talking about young pre puberscent males.

Ages 5-10 are a very impressionable age..any wrong accusation of any kind might scar a child forever and might make him a potential pervert.

We have to think of the welfare of both males and females in this world and be fair to both.

Most elderly ladies are not horny..it is just that they are unaware that an accidental touch by a young male is not a sign of a sexual gratification.

Have you ever been hug by some elderly ladies as a child?? Sometimes you really cant breathe.

I remember when I was young child and some elderly old lady/old man hugged me till I almost suffocated..I would try to push that person away..so in that process of pushing him or her away my hands might just land anyway where I could get a grip to push the person.

I remember very well that as a kid aged 8 I even bit a person who tried to hug me!

Last edited:
Generally Indian men stare at women wherever they are seen,stare at passing cars, see through the windows while walking on the streets, try to touch any part of the body of women in crowd, etc.etc.

This behavior is irritating.

Generally Indian men stare at women wherever they are seen,stare at passing cars, see through the windows while walking on the streets, try to touch any part of the body of women in crowd, etc.etc.

This behavior is irritating.
we are a sex starved nation. there are no forums for men for social interaction with ladies leave alone hugging. so most men stare and a few go ahead try touching sometimes evoking a bad response .this is not a justification . just a matter of fact statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back