• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Wishing everyone Happy and Prosperous 2011...Happy New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May The Year 2011 Bring for You Happiness,Success and filled with Peace,Hope & Togetherness of your Family & Friends....Wishing You a...*HAPPY NEW YEAR*

அன்புள்ள இனிய அன்பர்களே,
எல்லோருக்கும் இனிய புத்தாண்டு வாழ்த்துக்கள் 2011 ....எல்லாம் வல்ல இறைவனை மனமுடன் பிரர்த்தனை செய்கிறோம்...

உங்கள் நண்பன்
tbs

Happy New Year 2011

Hi All,

Wish you and your family a very happy and prosperous new year. May God bless for peace and long lasting happiness in every one's life.

" H a p p y N e w Y e a r " TO ALL RESPECTES MEMBERS.....................

2s13jg4.jpg

H
appiness is something that one settles for

A fter the ups and downs of ecstasy.

P erhaps one doesn't know what one is looking for;

P erhaps one doesn't realize one is free.

Y ear's end is time to tally up the tentacles,

N eeding an occasion to take stock.

E verywhere are angels singing canticles

W ell beyond the confines of the clock.

Y ears, no more than seconds, are but moments,

E
a
ch eternity again, again.

A ll live on the wheel of joys and torments,

R eturning to the ramparts of the wind.

34xpb8p.jpg

The New Year.

The Gregorian Calendar and starting of New Year at this time, has no scientific basis. According to Sanaathana Dharma our day starts from Sunrise and will end at next sunrise, and our New Year starts from Vernal Equinox have scientific basis and was followed by all over the world till the birth of Christianity. Since Jesus was supposed to be born at Midnight the day for the Christians started from Midnight and with the birth of Jesus on 25th December which is not mentioned in Old or New Testaments of Bible, the starting of New year was fixed with a gap of six days, which is totally falsified.

Why go crazy on foolish and falsified beliefs.

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it. ~Buddha

Thank you very much for the greetings and wish you all this new year may bring cheers through out the years with lord vanamamalai perumals' grace to continue your services for a long tims.sp.iyengar,31.12.2010

Happy new year and new year message. May not be liked by every one. But, please bear with me.

I believe we all know about Salvation. In Hinduism, we believe in re-birth. So, there came a concept called Karma, based on which one's life will be decided in next birth.

In any one's life, sadness is always more than joy. For those who are poor, money itself may be a reason of sadness, for those who are rich, diseases may be troubling and so on. In total, no one is completely happy on world.

So, the life was considered as disease in our scriptures and salvation was prescribed as medicine for permanent happiness.

I heard a story. Once, a Christian went to the saint of Kanchi, Sri Paramacharyar and asked, "Our religion does not believe in re-birth, but your religion believes. How do you see the relation?". Paramacharyar replied, "Both are correct. In Christianity, it is believed that one who is good goes to heaven and a sinner goes to hell. For us, this world itself is a hell. So, one who is not capable of going to heaven comes back to this hell." The questioner was astonished.

Yes. It is true. Every life starts in hell. All Puranas and Scriptures describes, the greatest of all hells as a mother's womb. Let us analyze this through simple logic.

1. Hell is described as darkness. Uterus is a dark room for the baby.
2. In summer, we search for Air Conditioning, as we can't tolerate heat. Temperature inside body is always high. Assume the condition of a baby inside.
3. One night, we people can't sleep in the same position. We turn this side, that side, upside down etc. But, the baby inside remains in same position through out, though circulates. Same position in the sense, body bent and hands/legs not free to move.
4. Above all this, now we know what happens around us. Assume we live in a dirty ditch/drainage for one day. How do you feel that day and the next day? Uterus has a mixture of blood and all other rubbish. Baby only have to live here.

We may say that we forget every thing after taking birth. But, assume what happens if we remember? We will totally hate life and forget about attaining Salvation and forget our duties. Few may be thinking this again and again and vomiting throughout life. This is why God makes to forget.

But, any one can't deny the sufferings of a baby inside. Though the baby inside don't have life through out pregnancy, such sufferings even for one day is terrible.

Scriptures say, severe sinners take birth in the womb of animals like Dog, Fox etc. Many Dogs eat our excretions. Assume a life inside a Dog's womb.

Salvation is nothing but getting liberated from birth and death cycle, so that we escape all hells and enjoy the bliss without any limit on time. This is why our scriptures prescribe Salvation (Moksha) for every one and considers that life time goal is to attain this. Body and this world, though bound to sufferings are tools given to attain this and avoid further sufferings.

Let those who think these as superstitions assume in the same way. Let us pray God that they should also be granted Salvation. Those who believe, please consider the same.

Every new year, people sets so many goals like, "I have to purchase a home this year, i have to buy a land, i have to get a good job, i have to travel to foreign countries etc." But, those happiness are temporary and perishable. We forget the permanent happiness that is awaiting, where our scriptures acts as guide for attaining those.

So, this new year, let us set a short term goal that i will finish reading atleast one scripture this year, i will visit so and so temples this year etc. That may be anything like Bagavad Gita, Puranas, Vedas etc. Also, let us understand the life goal and real purpose of life and start working sincerely from year 2011 atleast. For those who understood and have started already, please ignore this. May God bless you with Salvation.

May this new year 2011 bring peace, happiness and spiritual development along with development in material lives in every one's family. Wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year.

hello
Happy New Year to all the members
Nice to get the first greetings from Tamil Brahmins
Hope the New Year will bring like minded devotees more closer

பிராமின் இணையதள அன்பர்கள் அனைவருக்கும் எனது புத்தாண்டு இனிய நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்

Last edited:
Happy new year

All,
Thanks a lot for the good wishes . But it is just another one which has passed into history. A day gone is a day lost, and we are inching towards the end. As our Hindu scriptures say, we must work for liberation here and now - iha eva !
This must be our resolution for the new year. Good luck to everyone . regards,

Happy New Year!

Dear all respected members of TamilBrahmins.Com,
I am from Bangkok, Thailand, I take this great opportunity to wish you all a very happy new year.
May everyday of the New Year glow with good cheer and Happiness for you and your family with the blessings of Almighty!
With very best wishes,
rkpadam

Happy New Year

Namaskarams to all members.

Whatever be the truth most of us got accustomed to wishing each other on the occasion of what they call New year - may be Gregorian Calendar or something else. This is just another new period. Every day is new in our life. So what the heck, whether it is 2011 or another period of 365 days. It is another new day.

Now Tamilnadu Government says Pongal is the Tamil New Year. For centuries tamil new year was from April 14 or from Chiththirai first day. Tomorrow another Govt may come and declare some other day as Tamil New Year.

Anyway, this is one such occassion which we call as a beginning of another new period. And in this new period let us pray for the well being of everyone - Loka samastha sukino bavanthu. No one likes to see someone suffering. Hence let us all pray that God grants us the wisdom and resources to help each other and ensure peace and happiness all around.

thanks and regards

A. Sundararaman

Thank you very much for the best wishes for the new year. I too reciprocate.

Respectable members,

Greetings. I wish the honourable members a haay New Year. Let 2011 be a happy and prosperous year. (It is raining for quite a few days in Eastern coast, Australia. It is very wet all over...) Spreading the happiness...

YouTube - Naayagan - Anthi mazhai megam - Ilaiyaraaja

Cheers!

Thanks very much. I too wish you a very very happy 2011 and for the entire brahmin community.

Great New Year Resolution

Hi, I felt very happy to see your message. its really great to have such kind of New Year Goals, like promising ourselves to visit any Punya Kshetras like Kanchipuram and reading Scriptures in the coming New Year 2011.

Thank you once again. and keep posting this kind of spiritual inspiration messages by which ONLY we get real happiness.

Happy new year and new year message. May not be liked by every one. But, please bear with me.

I believe we all know about Salvation. In Hinduism, we believe in re-birth. So, there came a concept called Karma, based on which one's life will be decided in next birth.

In any one's life, sadness is always more than joy. For those who are poor, money itself may be a reason of sadness, for those who are rich, diseases may be troubling and so on. In total, no one is completely happy on world.

So, the life was considered as disease in our scriptures and salvation was prescribed as medicine for permanent happiness.

I heard a story. Once, a Christian went to the saint of Kanchi, Sri Paramacharyar and asked, "Our religion does not believe in re-birth, but your religion believes. How do you see the relation?". Paramacharyar replied, "Both are correct. In Christianity, it is believed that one who is good goes to heaven and a sinner goes to hell. For us, this world itself is a hell. So, one who is not capable of going to heaven comes back to this hell." The questioner was astonished.

Yes. It is true. Every life starts in hell. All Puranas and Scriptures describes, the greatest of all hells as a mother's womb. Let us analyze this through simple logic.

1. Hell is described as darkness. Uterus is a dark room for the baby.
2. In summer, we search for Air Conditioning, as we can't tolerate heat. Temperature inside body is always high. Assume the condition of a baby inside.
3. One night, we people can't sleep in the same position. We turn this side, that side, upside down etc. But, the baby inside remains in same position through out, though circulates. Same position in the sense, body bent and hands/legs not free to move.
4. Above all this, now we know what happens around us. Assume we live in a dirty ditch/drainage for one day. How do you feel that day and the next day? Uterus has a mixture of blood and all other rubbish. Baby only have to live here.

We may say that we forget every thing after taking birth. But, assume what happens if we remember? We will totally hate life and forget about attaining Salvation and forget our duties. Few may be thinking this again and again and vomiting throughout life. This is why God makes to forget.

But, any one can't deny the sufferings of a baby inside. Though the baby inside don't have life through out pregnancy, such sufferings even for one day is terrible.

Scriptures say, severe sinners take birth in the womb of animals like Dog, Fox etc. Many Dogs eat our excretions. Assume a life inside a Dog's womb.

Salvation is nothing but getting liberated from birth and death cycle, so that we escape all hells and enjoy the bliss without any limit on time. This is why our scriptures prescribe Salvation (Moksha) for every one and considers that life time goal is to attain this. Body and this world, though bound to sufferings are tools given to attain this and avoid further sufferings.

Let those who think these as superstitions assume in the same way. Let us pray God that they should also be granted Salvation. Those who believe, please consider the same.

Every new year, people sets so many goals like, "I have to purchase a home this year, i have to buy a land, i have to get a good job, i have to travel to foreign countries etc." But, those happiness are temporary and perishable. We forget the permanent happiness that is awaiting, where our scriptures acts as guide for attaining those.

So, this new year, let us set a short term goal that i will finish reading atleast one scripture this year, i will visit so and so temples this year etc. That may be anything like Bagavad Gita, Puranas, Vedas etc. Also, let us understand the life goal and real purpose of life and start working sincerely from year 2011 atleast. For those who understood and have started already, please ignore this. May God bless you with Salvation.

May this new year 2011 bring peace, happiness and spiritual development along with development in material lives in every one's family. Wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year.

Very Happy New Year 2011 to all members and everyone in admin of this website.

அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை
அவை தருவித்தருபெருமாளே!

My family joins with me to wish all the members and their families for a happy new year with Health,Wealth and Peace.As the time less soul is experiancing through time bound body and mind,let us enjoy the expriance of this physical world and contemplate to know ourselves and our grand creation.
All of us are part of one truth,
N.Chandramouli

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Best Wishes for a Happy New Year 2011.
2011 புத்தாண்டு வாழ்த்துக்கள் . பொங்கும் மங்களம் எங்கும் தங்குக.

Warm Regards,
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

ॐ सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः, सर्वे सन्तु निरामयः
सर्वे भद्राणि पश्यन्तु, मा कश्चिद दुखभाग भवेत्.
May all be happy. May all enjoy health and freedom from disease.
May all have prosperity and good luck. May none suffer or fall on evil days

Happy New Year
tn.srinivasan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back