• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Will India retain the ICC World cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
No shame. Aussies are a much better team at this point. Specially on home ground.

At home even NZ is unbeatable. But they wont play the final at home. Australia FTW!

now NZ/Aussee final at MCG on sunday. NZ cricket grounds are small; small click, ball will run into four and six whereas AU grounds are big. therefore. NZ players particularly McCullam and Cuptill will not have much chance. for Aussee, MCG is their home ground; so, it is advantageous. at the sametime. I must say Aussee's coordination and grouping are poor. Y see I read lots of cricket politics here among cricketers. everyone critisize everyone; sometime calling names. this demorilise the players. Clarke is under great prerssure; he was kept for captainship for weeks together; in fact one day he did say he is prepared to play even under Steve Smith. anyway, final is being played. personally I wish NZ takes the Cup; f y ask me why I cannot say; possibly I don t le Aussee arrgancy - srinivasan

One of the main reasons for India's defeat in the Semi Final was Dhoni's lack of interaction with the players. Though Yadav took four wickets and Shami wicketless, they have conceded 140 runs among themselves. The role of Jadeja was not clear in an important match like this. Mohit Sharma was not very effective.

Dhoni might have thought that once again luck would smile his way, by retaining the same team. Unfortunately, it was not so. Captain must be highly imaginative in a match like this. At least Stuart Binny or Bhuvaneshwar Kumar should have been included in place of Mohit Sharma. Binny is reasonably a good batsman also.

Overall, India's performance overseas against goods sides was generally not upto the mark. We have not qualified for knock out stages during 1992 and 2007 world cups played in Australia and West Indies respectively.

IPL begins in the second week of April and till such time, Virat will have good amusement.

hi

sometimes our team show more INDIVIDUALISTIC THAN A TEAM.....in fact i like south afriacan/west indies as team than a more

individualistic....like sachin...sometimes kohli like this in our team...its not GOOD FOR AS A TEAM...

hi

sometimes our team show more INDIVIDUALISTIC THAN A TEAM.....in fact i like south afriacan/west indies as team than a more

individualistic....like sachin...sometimes kohli like this in our team...its not GOOD FOR AS A TEAM...

Agree - some people played hero selfish record sports and really destroyed the game as well as team spirit. Happy things came back under Dhoni's captaincy.

One of the main reasons for India's defeat in the Semi Final was Dhoni's lack of interaction with the players. Though Yadav took four wickets and Shami wicketless, they have conceded 140 runs among themselves. The role of Jadeja was not clear in an important match like this. Mohit Sharma was not very effective.

Dhoni might have thought that once again luck would smile his way, by retaining the same team. Unfortunately, it was not so. Captain must be highly imaginative in a match like this. At least Stuart Binny or Bhuvaneshwar Kumar should have been included in place of Mohit Sharma. Binny is reasonably a good batsman also.

Overall, India's performance overseas against goods sides was generally not upto the mark. We have not qualified for knock out stages during 1992 and 2007 world cups played in Australia and West Indies respectively.

IPL begins in the second week of April and till such time, Virat will have good amusement.

You seem to have prejudice against Dhoni. He is the best cricket captain as well as performer that Indian team has ever seen! He won all straight 7, how come suddenly one can see so many issues.. what about the wins then?

hi

there is a proverb in english .....OPERATION SUCCESS ....BUT PATIENT DIED.....WE PLAYED WELL....BUT WE LOST THE WORLD

CUP......sometimes when we won the game........every jumps from earth to sky......but when we lost.....we lost our mental

balance.... ONLY ONE CAN GET CUP ....NOT EVERYBODY.....llike LIFE IS A GAME...WINNING/LOSING IS PART OF ANY GAME....

WE BEHAVE SOMETIMES LIKE....VACCCHA KUDUMI....SERACCHA MOTTAI....WE DONT KNOW MIDDLE PATH...

You seem to have prejudice against Dhoni. He is the best cricket captain as well as performer that Indian team has ever seen! He won all straight 7, how come suddenly one can see so many issues.. what about the wins then?

Yes sir, the blame game has began.
Dhoni is the best thing happened to Indian Cricket in all formats, he is the best cricketer, and great captain.

Sandipan Deb

What happened to Anushka Sharma, Virat Kohli’s girl-friend, for a
few hours on Thursday was nothing short of a medieval and despicable
witch hunt. The 20 hours or so after India was defeated in the ICC
World Cup semifinal by Australia have been a sort of mirror to our
society and our values and attitudes.

When India started its chase of 329 runs, I forwarded a message that
I had received from a friend: “Indians are very good at chasing
targets in the last week of March.” Someone replied: “Good one! But
only 11 Indians are working today!” Half an hour later, Virat Kohli
was out, scoring just one run off 13 deliveries, and the TV camera
was focusing on the dismayed face of his girl friend, actor Anushka
Sharma, sitting in the stadium.

Then it began. Instantly, someone… posted … in response to the
earlier post: “Only 10, not 11. Not Mr Anushka.”

By evening, Anushka Sharma was the most publicly vilified Indian of
the day. Twitter went berserk. Nasty jokes about her and abuses
aimed at her proliferated. An idiotic attention-seeking small-time
actor even called for people to chuck stones at Anushka’s house.
Film director Ram Gopal Varma tweeted: “I personally like Anushka
Sharma’s performance much much More (sic) than the performance of
whoever and whatever her boyfriend is?” Emotionally unstable men
were calling up FM radio stations complaining that Anushka was
panauti for India, a Hindi word for something that brings bad luck.

The logic: India won all seven of their earlier games, and the first
game that Sharma comes to watch, India lose.

Sexual innuendos flourished. After all, Anushka and Virat are not
married, so she must be a loose woman, right, and fair game for any
vulgar calumny?

Some people somewhere even burnt some posters of her, after of
course making sure that there were TV cameras around. At night, one
particular English TV news channel went ballistic about India’s
loss, saying the team did not have the will to win, it was an abject
surrender, and that these 11 men had let down 1.25 billion people…..

About the Anushka episode... It simply revealed the worst-kept
secret about India. That we are still, to a large extent, a
regressive, misogynistic, irrational and superstitious society. This
attitude is not restricted to uneducated people. It’s there at every
level of the pyramid.

Perhaps these people did not even realize what they were doing meant
in a broader social context, and if that is true, this blind
insensitivity is even more disturbing. We descend into a mob
mentality at the slightest provocation. When we can find a woman to
blame, it’s a bonanza. What happened to Anushka for a few hours on
Thursday was nothing short of a medieval and despicable witch hunt.

A lot of Indians believe that the Indian team has signed a sacred
covenant with the nation that it will never ever lose. This, they
think, is one of the fundamental rights guaranteed to them…. They
cannot understand that other teams can be just better, or that our
team can just have a bad day. When the team wins, we treat the
players as demigods, and when it loses, suddenly, overnight, they
are the scum of the earth, and, of all things, unpatriotic.

This is immaturity of the lowest level. By late last night, the tide
had turned. Sane, rational and civilized India fought back and shut
the scum up. Social media was flooded with messages of rage, and
this time, correctly directed rage, at the people who had attacked
Anushka and the Indian team. It was civilized India’s response that
became the world’s most trending Twitter hashtag, and regressive
India was silenced. That is definitely cause for joy.

Quite wonderfully, the best comment I have read so far on the attack
on Anushka is a blogpost by Pakistani writer Zahra Peer. Here’s a
brief extract: “Some may suggest that the Twitterati firestorm
against Anushka Sharma is sexist. I, for one totally disagree. I
feel as though the people behind the onslaught are paying Anushka a
very high compliment in suggesting that she can so control one of
the best batsmen the world has ever seen. To be able to manage such
a feat would imply that one is a very powerful and capable woman
indeed, so more power to women and way to go Anushka. Pakistan—and
it appears Australia—needs many, many more women like you; women who
have the remarkable ability to make India lose a game. If India
won’t have you, we will gladly accept you with open arms. Hop along
the border and accept the role of Pakistan’s Mauka Mauka because if
it isn’t you, it can’t be anything or anyone else. Duh.”

You made my day, Peer. We Indians managed to prove we are good
people. As for the Indian team, you did a great job in the World
Cup. We never expected you to do so well. You had a bad day in
office in Sydney. It happens to all of us. Move on.

Anyway, when the Indian Premier League begins next month, all these
losers who are abusing you right now will have forgotten everything
and cheering for each of you. That’s the nature of this nation’s
engagement with cricket.

Last edited:
Though there are nasty comments about Anushka, one was a real joke!

Q: Why did Kohli play like this?

A: Anushka told him, 'Virat! You should be back in five minutes!'

:) :)

Though there are nasty comments about Anushka, one was a real joke!

Q: Why did Kohli play like this?

A: Anushka told him, 'Virat! You should be back in five minutes!'

:) :)

This may be a reality as well for most men !
ஏன்னா, போய்ட்டு உடனே வந்துடுங்கோ, அங்கே இங்கே நிக்காதேங்கோ

what a por girl Anushka; she is only girl-friend of Kohli; not yet wife. latest news: Breaking News. ICC has disqualified Australia for abll tampering in yesterday's world cup semifinal match. Bowlers starc and johnson have been named the culprits. videos show clearly they tampered it in between the overs. So this makes India automatically qualify to the finals against New Zealan. we still have a chance to win the cup. Thanks to Arnab Goswami and times now channel for submitting the video to ICC. Now we can cheer back saying we wont give it back. APRIL FOOL DAY. it is a whatsapp one - srinivasan

many Indians including Indo-Australian purchased tickets for final hoping to see India; now that India will not be there, they are selling the tickets and NZ and Aussee are buying them at premium. who cudnt sell online, they will stand tomorrow outside MCG and sell them - srinivasan

You forgot the most important word those 'Hitler' mAmis add (viz) 'இளிச்சுண்டு' :)

Add this, "Ponoma,Vandhomannu Irukanum"
Alwan

Add this, "Ponoma,Vandhomannu Irukanum"
Alwan

hi

ange inge ninnuttu irukkaathungo......asadu maathiri illaama ....seekirama vaango....

அங்கே இங்கே நின்னூட்டு இருக்காதுங்கோ......அசடு மாதிரி இல்லாம ....சீக்கிரமா வாங்கோ...

Last edited:
Anushkawai parthu vazhiyathingo; kudumbame vazhichal kudumbam.

Dhoni best Indian player of World Cup 2015: TOI poll

Mahendra-Singh-Dhoni.jpg

India's Mahendra Singh Dhoni plays a shot against Australia during the Cricket World Cup semifinal at Sydney Cricket Ground. (AFP Photo)

Skipper MS Dhoni was voted the best Indian player of World Cup 2015 by 31 per cent of the over 63,000 respondents who voted in TOI's online poll.

Dhoni narrowly edged out Mohammed Shami, who was India's second highest wicket-taker with 17 wickets. Shami got 29 per cent of the total votes.
Shikhar Dhawan, India's highest runscorer, was a distant third in the online poll. He got 14 per cent of the votes polled by TOI readers.
Dhoni best Indian player of World Cup 2015: TOI poll - The Times of India

Thank you Shri Ganeshji! I missed the above post while responding to the one below.

Don't you now think Sreesanth was right on the mark and that his words were not out of "sour grapes syndrome"?

Dear Sangomji,

I would say we lost SF because of poor planning..Had we won the toss things would have been different...We are not good chasers...Anyway at this stage I can say that only the GOD's of cricket, the heads of BCCI & ICC know the real truth...But the truth will never be made public and so it will lead to more rumors and conjectures..You have energized the forum with the disclosures

NZ/Aussee Fina. NZ batting. its captain McCullam is out. 1-1 strange. luck is showering on aussee. - srinivasan

Mr Vgane. at the very beginning, I maintained if India bat first we will won SF; that is what happened. certainly India based ad revenue must have stopped and BCI as well as ICC must be loosing lots of money. - srin ivasan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back