• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

why this kolaveri di..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this song. I think its just too cute! And kudos to Dhanush for singing it himself. I never realised we have a budding singer in him. Apparently this song is all the rage with Big B as well :)

the song has been like a ligtning instant fame for anirudh ravichander. the kid is only 21, just graduated b.comm from loyola, and an amateur musician.

he is doing the music for '3' the movie that dhanush shruti hassan act, with aish dhanush producing.

anirudh is rajanikant's nephew, though suspect through his wife latha. i guess that relationship sort of helped him get a foot on the ladder. still this movie music direction is a competitive field these days, with about 25 or more MDs in the field.

maybe who knows, anirudh could turn out to be another ARR, the beethovan of chennai ? :)

raji,

i agree dhanush looks good now. i saw him first in pudhupettai, and took a liking to him right from there. he has acted in some lousy movies but he always pulls through himself unscathed.

one of my favourite top 10 movies is aadukalam, dhanush bringing out the raw madurai atmosphere so vividly, and also its treatment of anglo indians, another of my favourite communities. :)

of late, i notice, that dhanush has put on a wee bit of weight, the added fat, giving him a shine. or maybe because aish is keeping him happy? :)

.. and the copycats..

i promise you, this is hilarious :)

[video=youtube;uIhQm6gcUCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIhQm6gcUCw&feature=share[/video]

Good - among various serious discussion topics - things like this certainly add value to the forum.

On a relative note, the carnatic version of kolaveri is out a week ago and was reviewed in The Hindu,Hyderabad edition, and also Times metroplus 25.11.11. those who are interested can hear in : Kolaveri subhapantuvarali @soundcloud.com

[video=youtube;uIhQm6gcUCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIhQm6gcUCw&feature=share[/video]
saw only one dhanush movie in life so far, did not like it...but now for this video, i must say, thanks to dhanush for this song. By public demand, once more for pawar. And pawar's power not withstanding, may we have all the loot back in the public coffers please..

this video clip is just just just ridiculous.

come what the shortcoming of pawar is, he is the representative of people. its like slapping on the cheek of his 5 lac electorate indians.

also, these kind of unlawful acts like hurling shoes/slapping should not be encouraged, if so, then each citizen would take the law in his own hand and act as a police / judge.

above all, how come this young turban man, had developed a steel heart ,to slap such an old man of his fathers age!

frankly, i feel extra sad for pawar/sukh ram, esp considering their age.

btw a question to this same gentle man.. imagine what would have happened to him, if he had to slap J.J in the bangalore trial court?

I was so worried about a Sikh backlash after this and was praying for common sense and prudence to prevail. That silly man doesn't realise that because of his unrestrained anger (justified or otherwise) he could have caused another Sikh massacre.

this video clip is just just just ridiculous.

come what the shortcoming of pawar is, he is the representative of people. its like slapping on the cheek of his 5 lac electorate indians.

also, these kind of unlawful acts like hurling shoes/slapping should not be encouraged, if so, then each citizen would take the law in his own hand and act as a police / judge.

above all, how come this young turban man, had developed a steel heart ,to slap such an old man of his fathers age!

frankly, i feel extra sad for pawar/sukh ram, esp considering their age.

btw a question to this same gentle man.. imagine what would have happened to him, if he had to slap J.J in the bangalore trial court?

shiv,

you are right as far as your vision goes, no dispute about it. but there is something known as the "end of patience"; the poorer folks in India with families to cater for (around 5 or 6 stomachs to be fed with single income) and who had emerged from below subsistence levels possibly, but got some source of income, got married and had one or two children plus their aged parents to be cared for, and at the same time without going into borrowings (who will lend to them, anyaway?) and back to below subsistence level existence once again, are getting utterly disillusioned with the government, democracy and probably this country itself.

The tribal populations, right from Gorkhaland area to Wyanad have experienced such disillusionment repeatedly during the last 70 years of 'freedom' and hence they are very easily attracted by Naxalism, which the GOI is mercilessly because it smells the Chinese hand in it. So, non-naxal people will have to express their discontent somehow, somewhere. And what better than the agriculture minister to slap when food has become a problem?

May be you are one of the IT youth earning fabulous salary (by the standards of people described in the above para); if so you will find this slap unbearable, but to millions it will be an act of courage, a symbolic act of complete discontent and contempt of the governing set-up.

I welcome such slaps to sudden "revolutions" of the poor against the rest, like the French revolution; who knows, if some such thing happens whose heads will roll?

dear amala,

i think, this slap was appreciated across caste language creed religious lines.

unlike indira gandhi riots, which again, was instigated by kamal nath and rajesh pilot, both of whom got away scot fee.

i think there was never a chance of a anti sikh riot here. i think also by and large, the hindus have learnt their lesson. my gut feeling is that barring a handful, the vast majority are sorry that the post indira riots happened. however, it is still a sore festering wound in sikh psyche. the culprits have not been punished.

I read about one or two sikh youth getting beaten in Pune if I'm not mistaken by Pawar's Marathi goons but otherwise nothing national. Phew! :)

May be you are one of the IT youth earning fabulous salary (by the standards of people described in the above para); if so you will find this slap unbearable, but to millions it will be an act of courage, a symbolic act of complete discontent and contempt of the governing set-up.

sankar sir, imagine (imagine) if i'm getting a mn$ salary, still i have no right to slap my CEO for his wrong doings or corruption.

living in India, i have fairly a decent law and order set up, backed by a strong democracy.be rich or poor, one's right is only up to a millimeter away from another persons nose. so i dont find your point of justifying the 'uprising of the poor' would go well, cos, in that case, we can also have uprising of rich, upper castes, landlords etc etc.

the beauty of democracy is, that it doesnt give a chance to such things, except in very very rare cases. show me one state in india, where we had an uprising like french revolution? has democracy given a life term assurance of seat to any Antoinette here?

in a democratic set up people will always wait with patience for the court judgements and change of governments. even in times of emergency, people didn't conquer the parliament, but waited for the ballot to take its time. Even in times of EVR, or times after JJ's extravagant foster son marriage, people didnt rush to george fort, like what happened in La Bastille.

what this boy did to pawar is not an acceptable one in democracy.if the turban boy is cared about 2G, he cannot slap a.raja, but only has to follow what dr.subramonya samy did through supreme court.

PS: you are worried about uprising of poor against corruption. anna hazare tried it, but its only the middle class joined a little bit.. but how about this situation. what if JJ/muka was slapped, and adding pawars marathi forte.. wont there be an uprising of 40million people, at one flick?

Last edited by a moderator:
sankar sir, imagine (imagine) if i'm getting a mn$ salary, still i have no right to slap my CEO for his wrong doings or corruption.

living in India, i have fairly a decent law and order set up, backed by a strong democracy.be rich or poor, one's right is only up to a millimeter away from another persons nose. so i dont find your point of justifying the 'uprising of the poor' would go well, cos, in that case, we can also have uprising of rich, upper castes, landlords etc etc.

the beauty of democracy is, that it doesnt give a chance to such things, except in very very rare cases. show me one state in india, where we had an uprising like french revolution? has democracy given a life term assurance of seat to any Antoinette here?

in a democratic set up people will always wait with patience for the court judgements and change of governments. even in times of emergency, people didn't conquer the parliament, but waited for the ballot to take its time. Even in times of EVR, or times after JJ's extravagant foster son marriage, people didnt rush to george fort, like what happened in La Bastille.

what this boy did to pawar is not an acceptable one in democracy.if the turban boy is cared about 2G, he cannot slap a.raja, but only has to follow what dr.subramonya samy did through supreme court.

PS: you are worried about uprising of poor against corruption. anna hazare tried it, but its only the middle class joined a little bit.. but how about this situation. what if JJ/muka was slapped, and adding pawars marathi forte.. wont there be an uprising of 40million people, at one flick?

Let us agree to disagree!

I am giving you a 1 hour documentary on David Hadley, I guarantee an hour well spent. The final minutes are particularly troubling.

A Perfect Terrorist | FRONTLINE | PBS

BTW, I didn't want start a new thread for this post, but thought the title of this thread fits what Hadley was all about.

best ....

The music director of Kolaveri di Anirudha Ravichandar is the son of Ravichandar , the brother of latha rajnikanth

Ravichandar is the son-in-law of dr s v ramanan of jaishree pictures.. s v ramanan is the son of the great director K Subramaniam who directed Chandralekha in tamizh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back