• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

why this kolaveri di..

Status
Not open for further replies.
sukumar,

by last count, kolaveri has mover 20 million hits in youtube :) that should give someone reasons for sori :)

I had this little piece dusting in my archives. Trying to see if it fits in here.

They dragged her to a tree and threw a rope over the limb, and began to make a noose in it, some holding her, meantime, and she crying and begging, and her young daughter looking on and weeping, but afraid to say or do anything.

They hanged the lady, and I threw a stone at her, although in my heart I was sorry for her; but all were throwing stones and each was watching his neighbor, and if I had not done as the others did it would have been noticed and spoken of. Satan burst out laughing.

(...)

So we walked away, and I was not at ease, but was saying to myself, "He told them he was laughing at them, but it was a lie--he was laughing at me."

That made him laugh again, and he said, "Yes, I was laughing at you, because, in fear of what others might report about you, you stoned the woman when your heart revolted at the act--but I was laughing at the others, too."

"Why?"

"Because their case was yours."

"How is that?"

"Well, there were sixty-eight people there, and sixty-two of them had no more desire to throw a stone than you had."

I do not understand as to how this song became popular. Perhaps "I am an odd man out".
It has no music, nor lyric, but only rhythm. The marketing experts claim the success is due to
"viral" marketing. Just as the word "Quiz" (which had no meaning) claimed to have been
popularized by a theater owner Richard Daly with in forty eight hours by writing the word on
the streets of Dublin.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I do not understand as to how this song became popular. ...........
Marketing technique, Sir! Once the same sort of popularity came to 'O podu' and 'manmatha raasaa'.
Now, the upload in the youtube added to worldwide
popularity!:ranger:

Marketing technique, Sir! Once the same sort of popularity came to 'O podu' and 'manmatha raasaa'.
Now, the upload in the youtube added to worldwide
popularity!:ranger:

Dear Mrs. Raji Ram,

Oh yes. Marketing technique indeed, it really clicked. But there is no mention about the young Music director who composed the music.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Mrs. Raji Ram,

Oh yes. Marketing technique indeed, it really clicked. But there is no mention about the young Music director who composed the music.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.
You yourself mentioned in post #53, that there is no music.
How can there be a director for something that does not exist?

I do not understand as to how this song became popular. Perhaps "I am an odd man out".
It has no music, nor lyric, but only rhythm. The marketing experts claim the success is due to
"viral" marketing. Just as the word "Quiz" (which had no meaning) claimed to have been
popularized by a theater owner Richard Daly with in forty eight hours by writing the word on
the streets of Dublin.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear sir,

"Song" appadi ondrum azhagaillai
"Lyrics" yaarum puriyavillai,
"Music" appadi ondrum "great" illai
Aanal adhu oru kurai illai

Last edited:
.........."Music" appadi ondrum "great" illai.........
What about the 'pep pE pe pE--- pep pE pe pE---' portion, Renu? I find it very very catchy!
Especially after seeing the remix with Sivaji and group's action...
:music:

Dear Raji Ji,

Yes I find that catchy..I was just hearing the Aval Appadi Onrum Azhagaillai song and thought I will modify the words to answer Brahmanyan Ji cos he was wondering why Kolaveri song became so famous and I wrote that despite not being "perfect" its not really a drawback for its success.

Actually when I first heard Kolaveri song even I was wondering "what is so great about this song" but after a few times hearing it..I started to like it..it sort of grows on you..

Last edited:
Dear Renu,
No need to add Ji to my name since it already has it!!
:becky:
BTW, do you know which two snack have respect? Bajji and Sojji. :)

Ok here goes..Do you know which type of guy gains the most respect?

Amanji!!!

Cool Renu! Some more now...

The root which gets respect - Inji

The drink which gets respect - Kanji

Upma has the respected ingredient - Sooji :)

Cool Renu! Some more now...

The root which gets respect - Inji

The drink which gets respect - Kanji

Upma has the respected ingredient - Sooji :)

Ok now coming to disrespect ;

Which drink gets very very less respect?

Brandy(BranDI!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back