• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

why this kolaveri di..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a tribute to the level of national integration achieved by India that this has become such a viral hit!

Personally i think its just coz Big B complimented it that it received such a huge response (mostly out of curiosity) from the non-peninsula dwelling Indians :)

[video=youtube;ZWhozunmewk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWhozunmewk[/video]

Carnatic version donw by some "cool" guys from Mumbai. I don't really like this raagam at all.

biswa, amala, public,

i think, many a times, it is futile to look into the reasons for certain fads. i usually accept it, and if i like it, like this one, adopt it. otherwise,
i let it pass.

btw mrs K does not like kolaveri :)

A note on SubhapanthuvarALi rAgam:

NeyvEli Sri. Santhanagopalan once mentioned that this rAgam is so sad that most of the artists play this one to mourn the death
of political leaders (!) and hence to add some subham to this rAgam it might have been named like this!! :lalala:

biswa, amala, public,

btw mrs K does not like kolaveri :)

Dear Sri Kunjuppu,

I am with Mrs K in this regard. There is nothing in this Song. I would consider this as the success of effective and vigorous publicity known as viral marketing, which has created a huge difference in the world of publicity."

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
சிலர் பேசுவதே பாடுவதுபோல இருக்கும்!

சிலர் பாடுவ
தே பேசுவதுபோல இருக்கும்... :blah:

There is an interesting anecdote about Smt. M S S.

Once she was requested by Gandhiji to sing his favorite song 'Hari thumaharO' and she replied that her throat was in a good

condition. Then Gandhiji told that even if she recites the lyrics, it will be better than others singing! :thumb:

The music director of Kolaveri di Anirudha Ravichandar is the son of Ravichandar , the brother of latha rajnikanth

Ravichandar is the son-in-law of dr s v ramanan of jaishree pictures.. s v ramanan is the son of the great director K Subramaniam who directed Chandralekha in tamizh

Thanks for the information. But I want to make a small correction. The Tamil picture Chandralekha was Produced and Directed by S.S.Vasan under the banner of Gemini Pictures in 1948. K.Subramaniam the veteran Director and Producer was the Producer of Pavalakkodi amd Seva Sadanam under the banner of of Madras United Artists Corporation (MUAC).

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

சிலர் பேசுவதே பாடுவதுபோல இருக்கும்!

சிலர் பாடுவ
தே பேசுவதுபோல இருக்கும்... :blah:

This made me giggle despite myself! :)

This made me giggle despite myself! :)
Oh... Is it? OK. Two more jokes for you, Amala and others!

1. தங்கையைப் பாடச் சொல்லும் அண்ணன் 'நீங்க பாடுங்கோ! நீங்க பாடுங்கோ!' என்றே சொன்னான். வந்திருந்த

நண்பர்களுக்கோ மிக ஆச்சரியம். 'அடடா! தங்கையிடம் எத்தனை மரியாதை?' ஆனால் அண்ணன் சொன்ன காரணம்...

'அவள் ஒருத்தி பாடினாலே மூணு பேரோட குரல் மாதிரிக் கேக்கும்!'

2. மனைவி பாடும்போது ஒருவர் பால்கனிக்கு வந்து நடப்பார்! ஏனென்று காரணம் கேட்டதும் சொன்னார், 'நான் அடிச்சு

அவ அழறான்னு யாரும்
தப்பா நினைக்கக் கூடாதே!'

:lalala:

Only because of the support from superstar family Dhanush is sustaining in cinema. On what basis he has been given best actor award God only knows. MGR aslo got best actor award for the film Rikshaakkaaran.

As far kola veri it is thala sori.

sukumar,

dhanush is good, per me. he is an actor who portrays the raw underbelly of tamil urban culture like no other actor can. you should see him in pudhupettai, one of his first movies.

in aadkukalam, he was awesome. true he can be typecast as an urban underdog. what an underdog! :)

by last count, kolaveri has mover 20 million hits in youtube :) that should give someone reasons for sori :)

I did not like it when he presented his 'runaway hit' on a T.V show (in Hindi) recently with a troupe of men dressed like 'Tamil Brahmins' and a few extras who were scantily dressed to dance to that song -- if you can call it a song!

Dear Sri Kunjuppu,

I am with Mrs K in this regard. There is nothing in this Song. I would consider this as the success of effective and vigorous publicity known as viral marketing, which has created a huge difference in the world of publicity."

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Sir, I do not like Dhnaush as a hero eventhough he is having a very high success rate. So I didnt see the song for long but because of the hype created and the record braking views of the song I just saw it now. I also agree with you that there is nothing in this song
B Suresh Kumar

Kolaveri

Only because of the support from superstar family Dhanush is sustaining in cinema. On what basis he has been given best actor award God only knows. MGR aslo got best actor award for the film Rikshaakkaaran.
As far kola veri it is thala sori.

I am also of the same view. What is the talent this youngster has got either in acting or in singing? Nothing. But the Tamil cinema world is propping-up him just because of the support of his family and publicity.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back