• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why South Indian Brahmins are intelligent?

Dear Shri Mani,

Thanks for elaborating. First of all I now firmly believe that is has to come from the top and the corruption has gotten very deep rooted. The person in charge has to have the compassion of Jesus, the ferocity of Narasimha and the higher dharmic ways of Krishna as appropriate. India will definitely throw up such a person. It is only such a deadly combination that can shake up the deeply entrenched immorality and the brazenness towards righteousness.

As I said he should be part of the government and should be given unlimited powers.
Now you are suggesting solutions, but until now only the wishful thinking. Let us see how many will join and strengthen your hand. Best wishes.

Sravna,
OMG! where are you going to find anyone with qualities of Jesus, Narasimha and Krishna.
You forgot to add Buddha..( He had very good analytical ability and mapped out the basis for Advaita philosopy which Adi Shankara expanded upon)
The bad people have got the supercomputers but yes Buddha's addition would make it complete and impregnable.

The bad people have got the supercomputers but yes Buddha's addition would make it complete and impregnable.
But did you see that these four or more were not present at the same time!. So, may be in about 100 years when 90+% people are fed up and ready to listen, new ModBuddha (Modern Buddha or ModShakara will be born) to change things. By that time the corrupt politicians will also be killed by their own clan out of greed. Sorry I won't be there, you may survive and join them. Best of luck.

Sri Mani Chennai is "not interesting in going and saving a Sikh girl etc., which is beyond (his) strength and circumstances."

Fine. Right. Even if patently lame as regards Hindu girls whom I mentioned to him.

Is it totally and absolutely beyond his strength and circumstances to:-

(1) extend his charity to an impecunious Brahmana archakar family whose only means of existence (the wage-earner's job) was forcibly taken away on purely political grounds and given to a Dalit whereby the non-offending Brahmana family lost not only their home but were driven to beg in the streets solely because of their caste, or

(2) tutor a Brahmana girl or boy who had been discriminated against on grounds of caste by the powers that be and barred from getting a decent education because through no fault of their own they were not born to Dalits or OBCs, or

(3) contribute his mite to the funeral/last rites, vivaaham, or upanayanam expenses of an impecunious Brahmana family in dire need of external help, or

(4) induce a Dalit family to take in a poverty-stricken Brahmana girl or boy, feed the child vegetarian food and milk, yogurt, ghee, tutor it up to university level, get it a well-paying government job similar to what Dalits enjoy under the"reservation" policy?

Exactly what did Sri Mani Chennai really do, when, where, how, how long, and thereby, as he claimed, he "got burned and got out"?

Pure bluff? Not worth boasting grandly about? Because it is all a lie and papering over of the truth? Because it does not serve a purely political purpose to ingratiate himself with the current anti-Brahmin tsunami?

Because aiding the "impecunious Brahmana family" I highlighted ate him out of house and home and sent him into the streets as a beggar?

Because tutoring the Brahmana boy and girl I mentioned made him a pauper, besides garnering him no sought-for publicity?

Because contributing a mite to the funeral expenses "of an impecunious Brahmana family in dire need of external help" resulted in his bankruptcy?

"To uplift India like China is...... a good thought. Thanks for making me recall and laugh a few times."

Has Sri Mani Chennai forgotten China's 1962 invasion of India when even some New Delhi politicians and plutocrats ran for asylum elsewhere?

• On October 20, 1962, China's People's Liberation Army invaded India in Ladakh, and across the McMahon Line in the then North-East Frontier Agency

• Till the start of the war, the Indian side was confident that war would not be started and made little preparations. Thinking this, India deployed only two divisions of troops in the region of the conflict, while the Chinese troops had three regiments positioned

• On the first day, the Chinese infantry also launched an attack from the rear. The continued losses forced the Indian troops to escape to Bhutan

• On October 22, the Chinese lighted a bush which caused a lot of confusion among the Indians. Some 400 Chinese troops attacked the Indian position. The initial Chinese assault was stopped by accurate Indian mortar fire

• When the Indian army discovered that a Chinese force gathered in a pass, it opened fire with mortars and machine guns and killed about 200 Chinese soldiers

• On October 26, a patrol from the 4th Sikhs was encircled, and after they were unable to break the encirclement, an Indian unit sneaked in and attacked the Chinese army and freed the Sikhs

• According to China's official military history, the war achieved China's policy objectives of securing borders in its western sector.

Is Sri Mani Channai laughing on the other side of his face?

Will he be still so laughing when, having successfully occupied India's Aksai Chin and pockets of Indian territory along the India-China border, China then seized by force India's Arunachal Pradesh (China officially calls it southern Tibet) as it has seized hitherto independent Tibet? (As China has formerly seized Inner Mongolia and East Turkmenistan-Sinkiang, let alone Manchuria?)

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/sto...4?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=recirculation

https://www.labtrk.com/045805c4-0ce...XqVNyvgfp-9QStb44bRflXK946iDSvFMozLjcrab_uK8r

https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/...1?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=recirculation

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/vid...urce=rhs&t_medium=It&t_campaign=watchrightnow

But did you see that these four or more were not present at the same time!. So, may be in about 100 years when 90+% people are fed up and ready to listen, new ModBuddha (Modern Buddha or ModShakara will be born) to change things. By that time the corrupt politicians will also be killed by their own clan out of greed. Sorry I won't be there, you may survive and join them. Best of luck.
They are universal and timeless forces in reality. Can and will come together.

Sri Mani Chennai is "not interesting in going and saving a Sikh girl etc., which is beyond (his) strength and circumstances."

Fine. Right. Even if patently lame as regards Hindu girls whom I mentioned to him.

(1) extend his charity to an impecunious Brahmana archakar family whose only means of existence (the wage-earner's job) was forcibly taken away on purely political grounds and given to a Dalit whereby the non-offending Brahmana family lost not only their home but were driven to beg in the streets solely because of their caste, or

(2) tutor a Brahmana girl or boy who had been discriminated against on grounds of caste by the powers that be and barred from getting a decent education because through no fault of their own they were not born to Dalits or OBCs, or

(3) contribute his mite to the funeral/last rites, vivaaham, or upanayanam expenses of an impecunious Brahmana family in dire need of external help, or

(4) induce a Dalit family to take in a poverty-stricken Brahmana girl or boy, feed the child vegetarian food and milk, yogurt, ghee, tutor it up to university level, get it a well-paying government job similar to what Dalits enjoy under the"reservation" policy?

Exactly what did Sri Mani Chennai really do, when, where, how, how long, and thereby, as he claimed, he "got burned and got out"?

Pure bluff? Not worth boasting grandly about? Because it is all a lie and papering over of the truth? Because it does not serve a purely political purpose to ingratiate himself with the current anti-Brahmin tsunami?

Because aiding the "impecunious Brahmana family" I highlighted ate him out of house and home and sent him into the streets as a beggar?

Because tutoring the Brahmana boy and girl I mentioned made him a pauper, besides garnering him no sought-for publicity?

Because contributing a mite to the funeral expenses "of an impecunious Brahmana family in dire need of external help" resulted in his bankruptcy?

"To uplift India like China is...... a good thought. Thanks for making me recall and laugh a few times."

Has Sri Mani Chennai forgotten China's 1962 invasion of India when even some New Delhi politicians and plutocrats ran for asylum elsewhere?

• On October 20, 1962, China's People's Liberation Army invaded India in Ladakh, and across the McMahon Line in the then North-East Frontier Agency

• Till the start of the war, the Indian side was confident that war would not be started and made little preparations. Thinking this, India deployed only two divisions of troops in the region of the conflict, while the Chinese troops had three regiments positioned

• On the first day, the Chinese infantry also launched an attack from the rear. The continued losses forced the Indian troops to escape to Bhutan

• On October 22, the Chinese lighted a bush which caused a lot of confusion among the Indians. Some 400 Chinese troops attacked the Indian position. The initial Chinese assault was stopped by accurate Indian mortar fire

• When the Indian army discovered that a Chinese force gathered in a pass, it opened fire with mortars and machine guns and killed about 200 Chinese soldiers

• On October 26, a patrol from the 4th Sikhs was encircled, and after they were unable to break the encirclement, an Indian unit sneaked in and attacked the Chinese army and freed the Sikhs

• According to China's official military history, the war achieved China's policy objectives of securing borders in its western sector.

Will he be still so laughing when, having successfully occupied India's Aksai Chin and pockets of Indian territory along the India-China border, China then seized by force India's Arunachal Pradesh (China officially calls it southern Tibet) as it has seized hitherto independent Tibet? (As China has formerly seized Inner Mongolia and East Turkmenistan-Sinkiang, let alone Manchuria?)

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/sto...4?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=recirculation

https://www.labtrk.com/045805c4-0ce0-4297-b3b7-07d207edec8b?CampaignID=11945495&Site=indiatoday-indiatoday&Thumbnail=http://cdn.taboola.com/libtrc/static/thumbnails/26c3e0cb59d705858783fea0e53e6932.jpeg&Title=Doctor:+If+Your+Joints,+Knees+Or+Back+Ache+-+Try+This&Site_id=1006886&ad=3022186636&utm_source=Taboola&utm_campaign=SG+-+Joint+Desk&ncampid=11945495&utm_content=3022186636&utm_medium=native&utm_term=1006886&site_id=1006886&click_id=GiAaJRU8BsPc0lIm8yeXqVNyvgfp-9QStb44bRflXK946iDSvFMozLjcrab_uK8r&cpc=SOELmlj3eK2S2XP5m3qPJ9v8aDbftv4iz_wB36op9BU=#tblciGiAaJRU8BsPc0lIm8yeXqVNyvgfp-9QStb44bRflXK946iDSvFMozLjcrab_uK8r

https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/...1?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=recirculation

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/vid...urce=rhs&t_medium=It&t_campaign=watchrightnow
I am supporting Tribal Orphaned children for their education and food etc. Are you doing all these.
You do what you like, but can not question others as many may not be as charitable, with lofty ideals you have. One does not need to read any of these posts. With 128 crore people, you need at least 1 croes with money and power, willingness to fight. Please find and join them. I am a poor just living Brahmin with my own value system- tell the truth, be poor, help any one when I can. I am not justifying nor I care to worry about any one, since none helped me when lived with only one piece of bread for a month. May be if I have known your charitable disposition, I might have asked for your help, which I think you might have denied. I am a survivor and pragmatist. I listen to those "who pay my bills or I pay for them". Rest political slogans. But you want some one else do things which you are not doing. How many Harijan girls have you saved? How many Sikh girls from Jihatis? So, use this forum to constructively do some thing. OK, you had your day!

Kalki Avatar is due in Kaliyuga.
In these days of Combo, hopefully ,this Avatar will be a combo of qualities of Jesus, Narasimha, Krishna and also Buddha. It will be Mod Kalki.
When this will happen? The type of moorings reflected in this
elite group is of a kind when the majority of the world life
also fall in line and when there is no more good in the world.
it may be time.
We already are seeing floods ,fire and devastation unseen in so many years, flood in Germany, in north india, Netherlands
and US ,china etc ,we think it is due to climate change ,but all due to human failings!!!

Kalki Avatar is due in Kaliyuga.
In these days of Combo, hopefully ,this Avatar will be a combo of qualities of Jesus, Narasimha, Krishna and also Buddha. It will be Mod Kalki.
When this will happen? The type of moorings reflected in this
elite group is of a kind when the majority of the world life
also fall in line and when there is no more good in the world.
it may be time.
We already are seeing floods ,fire and devastation unseen in so many years, flood in Germany, in north india, Netherlands
and US ,china etc ,we think it is due to climate change ,but all due to human failings!!!
Yes Sir and I believe it will be as a human in form but exuding unbelievable energy. God I also believe will not use brute power but indulge in subtleties and application of mind in general with the power being only a deterrent force.

https://www.labtrk.com/045805c4-0ce0-4297-b3b7-07d207edec8b?CampaignID=11945495&Site=indiatoday-indiatoday&Thumbnail=http://cdn.taboola.com/libtrc/static/thumbnails/26c3e0cb59d705858783fea0e53e6932.jpeg&Title=Doctor:+If+Your+Joints,+Knees+Or+Back+Ache+-+Try+This&Site_id=1006886&ad=3022186636&utm_source=Taboola&utm_campaign=SG+-+Joint+Desk&ncampid=11945495&utm_content=3022186636&utm_medium=native&utm_term=1006886&site_id=1006886&click_id=GiAaJRU8BsPc0lIm8yeXqVNyvgfp-9QStb44bRflXK946iDSvFMozLjcrab_uK8r&cpc=SOELmlj3eK2S2XP5m3qPJ9v8aDbftv4iz_wB36op9BU=#tblciGiAaJRU8BsPc0lIm8yeXqVNyvgfp-9QStb44bRflXK946iDSvFMozLjcrab_uK8r

Nice outburst and I am aware and was part of the history. Have you personally stated an organization with your own money and time and doing even 1% of all the things you advocate? Discrimination is part of nature and those who do not face these and come out will perish. Lions, Tigers are a few, but the deer, other animals have large population. Lions etc., kills these animals. But nature allow the killed animals to reproduce more to compensate. Thus, they learn survival skills (of course not thinking and planning). So, the discrimination is there, was there and will be there.

Now, take the archakas. Are they saints who became archakas? They did not want to study(educated_) and move out. Many still cling to the notion of old days. How come other Brahmans borrowing at a 12% interest got education and migrated? There are no kings, Windjammers to help Brahman because he is an archakas.

Take yourself. You pity them, that is good for your soul. But did you go on fast unto death to save their situation? You expect some one else to fight for you own ideas. All I am telling is, this forum should not be a place to list complaints. Other than the political inability, suggest solutions as a starting point but first be involved. Then, prioritize the solutions. Then implement.

Have I done it? Yes and I got out when I found every one wanted me to be the scape goat. They gave wrong motivation. To be honest, NBs helped me that the Brahman community. So, when write it based on loss of money, time and efforts but few Brahmans and some Harijans have benefited.

You ability to argue using non-personal news based experience is impressive and shows you read well, but not it will become truth. Sorry if your ego got hurt.

All I am saying is, please don't make statements, rather tell your own experience of how and when and what you have achieved in these efforts. This forum will not change anything until you actually do something to change it. If you have done, God bless you.

Ever heard of dr sanusi umar ? African doctor practising is US who is speciality is skin condition called AKN . The only one in world can do surgery in AKN. I will leave it for your consideration

Ever heard of dr sanusi umar ? African doctor practising is US who is speciality is skin condition called AKN . The only one in world can do surgery in AKN. I will leave it for your consideration

sorry Iam only reading the forum now and back tracking a bit
I agree with TBS , most intelligent does not relate to most rich
புத்தியுள்ள மனிதரெல்லாம் வெற்றி காண்பதில்லை
வெற்றி பெற்ற மனிதரெல்லாம் புத்திசாலி இல்லை

பணம் இருக்கும் மனிதரிடம் மனம் இருப்பதில்லை
மனம் இருக்கும் மனிதரிடம் பணம் இருப்பதில்லை

பணம் படைத்த வீட்டினிலே வந்ததெல்லாம் சொந்தம்
பணம் இல்லாத மனிதருக்கு சொந்தமெல்லாம் துன்பம்

and also I disagree with previous writers, there is no harm in discussing why a particular caste or ethnicity or religious group seems intelligent "as a group" not a random one here and there. the brahmins of TN, the Jews and the Vellalars of Jaffna SriLanka are striking communities, how did they get to be like that, is an interesting study. Traditionally one thing is common that they were all hard working, very focused and lastly clung to their traditions. but what is the real secret of their superiority ? Funny thing is all 3 communities are totally disliked by others and have survived mass destruction violently or otherwise.

and also I disagree with previous writers, there is no harm in discussing why a particular caste or ethnicity or religious group seems intelligent "as a group" not a random one here and there. the brahmins of TN, the Jews and the Vellalars of Jaffna SriLanka are striking communities, how did they get to be like that, is an interesting study. Traditionally one thing is common that they were all hard working, very focused and lastly clung to their traditions. but what is the real secret of their superiority ? Funny thing is all 3 communities are totally disliked by others and have survived mass destruction violently or otherwise.
I agree though it is not fair to project superiority. Yes tamil Brahmins are characterized by high intelligence but that cannot be taken to mean they are superior. Analytical intelligence, creativity, shrewdness etc which are all aspects of intelligence are found in abundance in many other groups also. There are other factors also which make many groups stand out.

How can we say which is important? We can't. It depends on place, time and other factors. In my opinion projecting superiority should not be done though we can say something is the feature of someone or a group without actually comparing and attributing superiority.

Last edited:
I agree though it is not fair to project superiority. Yes tamil Brahmins are characterized by high intelligence but that cannot be taken to mean they are superior. Analytical intelligence, creativity, shrewdness etc which are all aspects of intelligence are found in abundance in many other groups also. There are other factors also which make many groups stand out.

How can we say which is important? We can't. It depends on place, time and other factors. In my opinion projecting superiority should not be done though we can say something is the feature of someone or a group without actually comparing and attributing superiority.
Sravna..to some extent I dont think anyone of us need to " place ourselves in a box" based on abilities be it intelligence or brute strength.

Dont you think that is just way too much bodily identification as " I am ONLY the physical body"

There is something called the Subtle body which has imprints of all lives we had taken be it animal or human of any race or varna or even insects or plants..all those imprints are also there.

As you must be knowing nothing is ever destroyed..so we are still very much what we were from first day of manifestation when the world started hence you would see even some Brahmins who were born in veg families adopt eating meat as adults because some previous birth imprints could be acting up.

So why give ourselves too much bodily identification.

If one is able to move beyond all these gunas, the imprints would be rendered inactive and one functions in the Atmic level.

Honestly Sravna, this is what Nahi Nahi Rakshatin Dukren Karane is about.
Just surrender to God and move beyond your intellect and function at an Atmic level where all free will is lost and only the Divine will works through us and we are merely an instrument and nothing more.

There is an Islamic prayer to recite before eating food which translates as

" All praises be to God who sustained me with this and granted me this food to me without any doing of my own or without any power of my own"

Ok, one would have worked, earned money, bought the grains/ vegetables and cooked it yet one is not attributing anything to self effort and thanking God that He made everything possible.

Its a good prayer, it removes our ego of being the doer.

Sravna..to some extent I dont think anyone of us need to " place ourselves in a box" based on abilities be it intelligence or brute strength.

Dont you think that is just way too much bodily identification as " I am ONLY the physical body"

There is something called the Subtle body which has imprints of all lives we had taken be it animal or human of any race or varna or even insects or plants..all those imprints are also there.

As you must be knowing nothing is ever destroyed..so we are still very much what we were from first day of manifestation when the world started hence you would see even some Brahmins who were born in veg families adopt eating meat as adults because some previous birth imprints could be acting up.

So why give ourselves too much bodily identification.

If one is able to move beyond all these gunas, the imprints would be rendered inactive and one functions in the Atmic level.

Honestly Sravna, this is what Nahi Nahi Rakshatin Dukren Karane is about.
Just surrender to God and move beyond your intellect and function at an Atmic level where all free will is lost and only the Divine will works through us and we are merely an instrument and nothing more.

There is an Islamic prayer to recite before eating food which translates as

" All praises be to God who sustained me with this and granted me this food to me without any doing of my own or without any power of my own"

Ok, one would have worked, earned money, bought the grains/ vegetables and cooked it yet one is not attributing anything to self effort and thanking God that He made everything possible.

Its a good prayer, it removes our ego of being the doer.
I like the Islamic prayer you quoted. I believe in it truly. It is God who has been sustaining me with me doing nothing and no power of my own.

I like the Islamic prayer you quoted. I believe in it truly. It is God who has been sustaining me with me doing nothing and no power of my own.
So you do get that concept that God sustains you.
So in that case its God's will that is functioning through you..so why do you still want to have bodily attachment of being more capable of seeing the bigger picture because of the varna of the body?

Doesnt the Divine will transcend bodily varna?
Get what I mean?

So you do get that concept that God sustains you.
So in that case its God's will that is functioning through you..so why do you still want to have bodily attachment of being more capable of seeing the bigger picture because of the varna of the body?

Doesnt the Divine will transcend bodily varna?
Get what I mean?
Renuka,

Everyone has something in excess and something in deficiency. That is what I was trying to point out. Once perfection is reached one becomes one with God.

Renuka,

Everyone has something in excess and something in deficiency. That is what I was trying to point out. Once perfection is reached one becomes one with God.
If there is excess and defiency that means the Divine will hasnt taken over yet...its very much the free will still.

The forum was -Why are south Indian brahmins intelligent , so it is stating that a group is intelligent and trying to find reasons for that.
not sure why we are having a God discussion, anyway the prayer we Hindus say before eating is "Brahmārpañam .....", beautiful in it's essence. The problem with the Muslim prayer is that God for them is only Allah, where it is translated into English as God equates to only Allah. I have travelled far and wide on Interfaith conferences and very clear about this. That is why we are infidels for them.
Going back to the forum topic I would like people to comment on the 3 dominant groups viz the brahmins of TN, the Jews and the Vellalars of SriLanka, what is the common denominator ? Majority communities around them hate them with a vengeance.

Please define your "god".
Brahman does not want anything.
Society wants us to behave a certain way. There is no God there.

Brahman is God. In creation when saguna brahman thinks 'Let me be many' all that are supposed to happen in space time are willed. Everything even down to minute details happens in accordance with that.

It depends on the culture and situation . There is no one group who is born intelligent naturally . There are very small number of tb in malaysia . Most of them of just ordinary but srilankan tamil are different breed all together

Latest ads

Back