• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why I Am Not A Hindu ?- Book Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are unable to explain to kids,then you are an un-fit adult,who does not know the context with which the krishna leelas are explained.first you need a guru to rectify your brain,plz do that,thnk you!

Bala,

You are warned to go after the posting not after the poster.

You might ask me who the hell are you to warn...

This is an open forum that in most ways represents the views of the tambram community. And the likes are you are what i consider an anomaly and a sorta shame that happened to the tamil brahmin community. If the rest of the tambram folk face difficulties today, then its because guys like you existed in the past. When i say guys like you, it means guys who are rude, brash, aggressive, calling themselves brahmin for following some mundane rituals while going around designating the varna of other people and loaded with junk. Unfortunately the likes of you that exist in negligible micro-minority, are the very verbose public face of the tam bram community that invites damage to the rest of the tam bram community...

Do not underestimate how much low and down anyone cud go to to deal with the likes of you...

We sacrifice buffalos and sprinkle the blood of the buffalos and cook them and eat them. We also drink toddy and sing and dance all night. Why should we dalits learn the classical music popularised by these brahmins. All their arts like bharatanatyan and classical music has only survived because of the Devadasis. The uncultured brahmins dont even know how to sing and dance properly and they call us uncultured. They offer bananas and coconuts to their gods but our gods need meat. Because our gods eat what we dalit bahujans eat. The barbaric brahmins wants to prevent us from sacrificing animals. They want to kill our culture. The brahmins dont know that they were also meat eaters 2000 years ago. They became vegetarian only to conquer Buddhists.

there is a shanthi mantram

OM POORNA MADAH POORNAM IDAM
POOR NAATH POORNA MUDACH YATE
POOR NASYA POORNA MAADAAYA
POORNA MEVAA VASHISH YATE
OM SHANTI SHANTI SHANTIH

THAT (BRAHMAN) IS WHOLE
THIS (CREATION) IS ALSO WHOLE
FROM THAT WHOLE (I.E. BRAHMAN ONLY)
THIS WHOLE HAS COME OUT (CREATION)
BUT EVEN THOUGH THIS WHOLE HAS COME
OUT OF THAT WHOLE
YET THAT WHOLE REMAINS WHOLE ONLY

(i.e. Brahman remains unaffected, retains His/Its fullness and completeness.)IF YOU CAN CONTEMPLATE THE MEANING OF THIS SLOKA,BELIEVE ME,EVEN 'VISHAM' WILL BECOME 'AMRITHAM'=Mata Bhumih putro ham prithvyah=
Earth is our mother and we are its children.

SB

re

Bala,

This is an open forum that in most ways represents the views of the tambram community. And the likes are you are what i consider an anomaly and a sorta shame that happened to the tamil brahmin community. If the rest of the tambram folk face difficulties today, then its because guys like you existed in the past. When i say guys like you, it means guys who are rude, brash, aggressive, calling themselves brahmin for following some mundane rituals while going around designating the varna of other people and loaded with junk. Unfortunately the likes of you that exist in negligible micro-minority, are the very verbose public face of the tam bram community that invites damage to the rest of the tam bram community...

Do not underestimate how much low and down anyone cud go to to deal with the likes of you...

your point about warning,is becoz your comprenension,between your space of two ears.Just read the message with soft voice modulations with full of love & affection for you,then instantaneously,you will understand what i am writing.as for as tambrams are concerned,lets duh dat in another thread=lets deal kancha and mancha and vanchas of the world.:love:

sb

Bala,

Do I smell a rat here?

your point about warning,is becoz your comprenension,between your space of two ears.Just read the message with soft voice modulations with full of love & affection for you,then instantaneously,you will understand what i am writing.as for as tambrams are concerned,lets duh dat in another thread=lets deal kancha and mancha and vanchas of the world.:love:

sb

Bala,

Agreed...but in your case its your brashness of expression that stands out more often but expects to be read with love and affection from others.......am beginning to accept a difficult side of the world-- that krazy kanchas exist bcoz of junk spam artists like you...if guys like you exist then stupid kanchas that club everyone together and consider all brahmins as one kind, will exist...it a difficult scenario for the rest...

re

Bala,

Agreed...but in your case its your brashness of expression that stands out more often but expects to be read with love and affection from others.......am beginning to accept a difficult side of the world-- that krazy kanchas exist bcoz of junk spam artists like you...if guys like you exist then stupid kanchas that club everyone together and consider all brahmins as one kind, will exist...it a difficult scenario for the rest...

p....

you are more than welcome to certify me or de-certify me or be judgemental,but the truth is,comprehension is between the two ears ie your mental space.frankly,i could even write your posts as junk,but i wont,becoz there is a difference between you & me ,in mental aptitude:love:

you actually remind me of happy hindu,wonder where she is happy now??as hindu:love:

sb

Bala,

those that needed emailing were sent one...

hindusim as defined by those who go around twisting it for selfish gains either by a politician or a brahmin mutt, is not making me happy certainly...there is an inherent prob in both (mutts and politicians)...

again, stick to the posting and do not go after the poster...

thankyou for seeing us as as different and dis-similar...

re

Bala,

those that needed emailing were sent one...

hindusim as defined by those who go around twisting it for selfish gains either by a politician or a brahmin mutt, is not making me happy certainly...there is an inherent prob in both (mutts and politicians)...

again, stick to the posting and do not go after the poster...

thankyou for seeing us as as different and dis-similar...

i am not sure,what you are suggesting here?Which politician or mutt is even trying to talk or write,what i have wriiten,which according to you is junk and i am a junk artiste,to quote you?

i wrote the post for sapr333 and you interfered and top of that being judemental!!!i request to you,plz ignore my posts and views,if it bothers your mental peace.there are moderators who will interfere unless you are an moderator un-officially?????:ranger: and correct me or warn or disable my account and your account as well!!:thumb:

sb

i am not sure,what you are suggesting here?Which politician or mutt is even trying to talk or write,what i have wriiten,which according to you is junk and i am a junk artiste,to quote you?

i wrote the post for sapr333 and you interfered and top of that being judemental!!!i request to you,plz ignore my posts and views,if it bothers your mental peace.there are moderators who will interfere unless you are an moderator un-officially?????:ranger: and correct me or warn or disable my account and your account as well!!:thumb:

sb

i was responding to your post abt if someone is happy somewhere as a hindu...thanks to the likes of some so-called brahmins of mutts and exploitative politicians, i am not happy identifying myselves as a hindu in the social arena..

you started off by being judgemental of sorts about sapr33..and this is not the first time you are being judgemental and rude...i thot you perhaps need to be judged the same way you judge others to bring home the point....but then perhaps as you have mentioned earlier, you appear to be more of a writing disability case..so i can only ask of you to please stick to the posting alone when in a written conversation...

moderators have better things to do than to interfere in silly diatribe like this unlike the other ones that did require intervention...on an open domain if your posts come across as rude and brash, the anyone can point it out, why a moderator alone...

re

i was responding to your post abt if someone is happy somewhere as a hindu...thanks to the likes of some so-called brahmins of mutts and exploitative politicians, i am not happy identifying myselves as a hindu in the social arena..

you started off by being judgemental of sorts about sapr33..and this is not the first time you are being judgemental and rude...i thot you perhaps need to be judged the same way you judge others to bring home the point....but then perhaps as you have mentioned earlier, you appear to be more of a writing disability case..so i can only ask of you to please stick to the posting alone when in a written conversation...

moderators have better things to do than to interfere in silly diatribe like this unlike the other ones that did require intervention...on an open domain if your posts come across as rude and brash, the anyone can point it out, why a moderator alone...

ya ya...so be it.

sb:ranger:

palindrome!

you miss the point, sapr333 's choice of words about GOD is enough to provoke any devout follower - this kind of unrestrained choice of words should be strongly protested against.

if a follower of "kulla matham" is provoked in this style - you jolly well imagine what would happen.

Bala has every right to rebuke in the kind he does.

Your accusation of Bala is unwarranted and shows your insensitivity and lack of judgement.

palindrome!

you miss the point, sapr333 's choice of words about GOD is enough to provoke any devout follower - this kind of unrestrained choice of words should be strongly protested against.

if a follower of "kulla matham" is provoked in this style - you jolly well imagine what would happen.

Bala has every right to rebuke in the kind he does.

Your accusation of Bala is unwarranted and shows your insensitivity and lack of judgement.

mm,

to me sapr33's posts are somewhat coming across as supportive of kancha and / or christianity or what i cannot place exactly...but such people need to be handled with care...instead of telling them to go get a guru to rectify their brain (that person can also tell you the same and use a 'pastor' instead of a 'guru'), it is better to stick to the points of discussion..that is, stick to the content to disprove it but leave the poster alone...

if you attack the poster, then that person will only think, 'well that's how some tam brams are, they talk crap but ask others to go get their brain rectified'...

if anyone is the sort that feels provoked when someone points out stuff (points of discord), then they better refrain from such discussions...in those days only those well versed in the shastras wud indulge in debate / discussions on religious / spiritual topics...they were people who had their senses in control because their vidya caused or brought out their vinayam...but in these days those that talk are people with very limited vidya and hardly any vinayam...if such people were to justify personal attacks where does that take the points of discussion to ?

palindrome!

relax ! each and everyone has their own way of responding to a provocation....

between ourselves let's not censor each other...the guy knows he used some provocative words , that's why he didn't bother with the sort of reply he got from bala...

cool

p...
to me sapr33's posts are somewhat coming across as supportive of kancha and / or christianity or what i cannot place exactly...

plz stop being suspicious of sapr333.he /she clearly stated he wants to put down kancha's book as he is blaming brahmins for all the mess india is in.i think you need to check your faculties instead of sapr333,if i may write so,as i have the permision to post from my boss = external affairs minister=( wife ),like hen-pecked husband.....:)

sb :tea:

mm, bala,

am finding your post amusing actually...its funny the way you say cool / relax....

anyways was just conveying to you guys to stick to the posts and not go after the poster as personal attacks....

what sapr33 is, is not my concern...what you guys are is a sad state of affairs...if a guy like bala were to be attacked by political gundas, perhaps the likes of me shd just ignore it and just start thinking 'mayb these guys ask for it'......perhaps its even sad if someone were to have the blessings of his wife to post trash like attacking a poster personally...well,, anyways...am done with everything that i had to say...now its up to you guys...have a good weekend..bye.

Last edited:
Please answer me would any group of people cry - for a unholy , looter and above all an evil man when he departs ? Common .. gimme a direct answer.

I thought I had answered you before.. People en-mass cried during the death of Saddam Hussein,Hitler, Mussoulini, Naturam Godse, Bandit Veerappan.. Even Verrapan was once adorned like a god in the jungles. Imagine if LTTE Prabakaran were to be shot, im sure, a few millions would shed tears..

My point is, this is irrelevant logic..

All you got to convince me, in terms of Universal Moral Standards, that, whether the unholy acts of Krishna-Leela is right or wrong? Will God of Absolute holiness would do that.. if so, what the purpose of God and why we need such God?

Hi all.. esp to Seshadri,Palindrome,Bala, malgoa.mango or Natcchinakinian....We have wasted our energy in the last 20 Posts, and nothing more

Let me tell you about myself... I adore.. i just adore 'TAMBRA's personally,for they have really helped me a lot in buidling my carrer, from the day I got my Engineering Degree. I have the highest regard.. Lets stop it here!!

I dont want to identify myself here.. Please dont rush to claim me as Brahmin, or hindu, or Christian, Muslim, Indian,aetheist, untouchable etc etc.. Im a human.. And Im on the Pursuit of Truth About God.. Oh My!!! Who that god head is all about...And im bit philosophical too, cos I studied quite a lot about religious philosophies, and Im not that old, im in mid thirties..

Having said that, lets stick to the point and debate.. Lets not get in to emotions.. You may think I must have hurt your sentiments about GOD, but then, im equally active in exploring the truth about God..

Lets take it positive, and consider this place as an active forum to share our thoughts and ideas. Lets keep aside emotions, and widen our BRAINS...TAMBRA's are famous for their Intellectuality right!!..

Lets debate....We dont need a guru to debate or englighten yourself (as someone asked me to do so)..Even GOOGLE helps it in a better way..

Correct me if I'm wrong!!.

PS: Please avoid personal attacks.. It takes us nowhere!!

re

in terms of Universal Moral Standards, that, whether the unholy acts of Krishna-Leela is right or wrong? Will God of Absolute holiness would do that.. if so, what the purpose of God and why we need such God?

if i may interject in your conversation sapr333;what is un-hloy or holy?is determined by the context of the act and who is doing what,with what motive?Its truly brilliant and genius on your part about'vichaaram'.

in my early 20's i visited bhagavan sathya sai baba,becoz he called me for darshanam.but unfortunately my family members wanted to test me,whether i am speaking the truth and the elders instructed that i should not visit parthi.but,i was insistent and politely & diplomatically told my elder,when the call from sai baba,he will know how to bring me to his prashanthi nilayam.my elder was upset,but my cousin immdly came to my rescue and said he too will accompany me as kid brother has got the calling and believed my words.

to cut the story short as its lots on interesting miracles,when i finally stood in front of bhagavan,suddenly bhagavan enacted a leela,wherein a devotee ( a shishya) from the crowd wept unconsolably and pleaded with bhagavan 'baba daya karo;bahut takleef may hoon' (baba have mercy as i am in extra-ordinary misery);immdly bhagavan replied 'jo bhi ho raha hai,tumharae bhalae kay liyae hi hora ha hai' ( whatever is happening ,its for your own good only);

the audio voice delievery of bhagavan was full of compassion,love and soft spoken in his dulcet sweet voice,which immdly in my mind cleared the confusion for me,as if it was an upadesham for me!!!it was like in sahasrara chakra,all the petals opened,and a light shining like a 100 watt bulb!!in my head!!! and after saying this bhagavan immdly glanced at me with his divya drishti ie eye to to eye contact for a kshanam,telling me this is for you too=tears of joy rolled down my cheeks like anything (ananda kanneer)till this date even as i am typing,this one liner as upadesham from bhagavan has helped me at my lowest points in my life.

soon he materialised vibhuthi from his right hand and asked the devotee to share some with me=promptly like a nut case i applied on my forehead,instead of saving it as 'pokkisham' from bhagavan.but the bottom line,in kali yugam,avaatara purushas/purushis especially in india,are so many,its a punya bhoomi ( not that other countries are not );same way with ammachi,one has to experiance all this divine leelas to understand lord krishnas leelas with exact context,situation,and above all the love with which such actions took place in the past.

kancha illaiha may very well blast brahmanas,becoz of the ill treatment or rude behavior of some brahmins,who could have behave arrogantly by virtue of scriptural knowledge.but then arrogance is not only displayed by brahmins,its human nature wotld over.now that is a univaersal standard value for that,becoz one must have professional arrogance,to prove your skills ,if you want to come up in life,which again has so many complex karmas,working & weaving its thread in life.

sb:love:

p.......

what sapr33 is, is not my concern...what you guys are is a sad state of affairs...if a guy like bala were to be attacked by political gundas, perhaps the likes of me shd just ignore it and just start thinking 'mayb these guys ask for it'......perhaps its even sad if someone were to have the blessings of his wife to post trash like attacking a poster personally...well,, anyways...am done with everything that i had to say...now its up to you guys...have a good weekend..bye.

i have been already attacked and i am paying for it.but when bhagavan is with me,i care two tuppence for porikkey's.sathyameva jayate.

sb

Palindrome, Im reffering here your post #82.

>>>the term God means diff things to diff ppl..its their own discovery of "how things are they way they are"..>>

Im not sure if you have heard about 'KALLAR GOD'. literally'Thief God'. And people of Tharapuram(near coimbatore) pray to that god for a good booty, and move lock stock barrel to a new town, loot/murder/extort, and come back home and share their offering to their god in terms of a grand village festival. Do you think, could that be a right idea about God? Rather, should we need such gods. If so, tomorrow, Rajneesh could be a god, and raping others could become the prime ritual...

>>>i do not understand the term "religious freedom'? i do not beleive there is any freedom in any religion. Once wedded to the world of doctrines, a man is hardly free..>>

No one should/would be wedded to a doctrine.. Thats nothing but, he is blinding himself. Had we wedded to Gandhis Chakra-handmill clothing, we would only be a laughing stock amonst the global community. But we were never, and now we Indians command the best production house for clothing with modern technology. Similarly, we need to accept, that we are not wedded to any particular religion/caste by birth. Why one should locked to something else, without any reasoning behind it.

>>> i cud not find anything called a "perfect religion"...>>

The human race is always on the pursuit of exploring the truth about God.. And all religions attempted to do so. Even the earlier said "KALLAR GOD' is also another religion.. But its up to us, to critically examine,evaluate and choose the right path to reach God.

>>>'The concept of God just doest lie with proving/disproving Ramayana. >>>

You are perfectly right!! For this , we need to define the God.. Who the God could be.. Why we need God.. What if God is not there... Its all debated well 2000yrs ago by great philosophers like Aristotle and Plato..or even Euthyphro's dilemma.. But the problem is, we dont look in to that...We only claim, we are the oldest philosophy, so let me stick to the oldest one..(I dobut if the same person will buy a 386 processor M/c for their kids to run a PlayStation game)

>>>Life itself can be a mythology if we live the myth called maya...if we allow the mind to live in maya, then the mind is a myth.>>

Maya is perfectly OK.. Then the philsophers ask the basic question..."Whats the purpose of our life, if every thing could be attributed to Maya!! Where is the CAUSE!!..

>>>sigh..i request you to read on the caste system in more detail....i do not know why you wud link varna to human rights...am sorry but this is the reason why i say you sound more like a christian...>>

My question here was not about CASTE... Can varna system answers all our modern questions.. ( may be we can discuss in detail in the next post)

Analayse all these questions keeping in mind, God is the same, and he also commands some of the natures like 'Absolute Holiness, Absolute Justice, Absolute Love''' .. Im sure you would agree to this point of 'Nature of God"..

Before understanding "the nature of God", may i ask what is God?

Maya is perfectly OK.. Then the philsophers ask the basic question..."Whats the purpose of our life, if every thing could be attributed to Maya!! Where is the CAUSE!!..

we see rainbows all the time in sky when at particular angle the sunlight gets refracted in the sky,but does it really mean its a bow?now thats a maya for you or an illusion......the body or deham is an outershell for the atma who is the self and who enjoys ,acts,does karmas using karmendriyas,jananedriyas.....etc so thats another maya......but its not sum total for liberation or moksham.....

Before understanding "the nature of God", may i ask what is God?

as you keep on doing your vichaaram,finally if you are fortunate you will have the anubhavam of deivam,thats praptham.

sb

p.......

i have been already attacked and i am paying for it.but when bhagavan is with me,i care two tuppence for porikkey's.sathyameva jayate.

sb

Dear Bala, please dont get in to emotions, and start using slang's like Porikkeys... This is debate forum..

Havent you heard of Adi Sankara's greatest debate!! Which is indeed a history's turning points!!! Pls dont stoop that low, while claiming you to be Sai Babha's Asharmite..

But then I have good question for you from your earlier post.. You calimed, you are wondered and thrilled by Sai Babha brining Holy Ash(Viboodhi) from empty hand... Dont you know, that MIRACLES are not a part of Hinduism,Islam,Buddhism.. Its the Christians only doctrinally claim the existence of Miracles.. Why are you contradicting yourself here!!

I think you guys need to learn hinduism first..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back