• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

why do we need Dwarapalakas in temples?

a-TB

Geeta explains well...give it a read again.

Let me try giving my opinion here(unproven opinion)..

Water...at the molecular level its H20 .

Now the H20 molecule resides in the human body, in plants, in animals, in clouds etc.

All of them house H20 molecules.

H20 is in all of them but they are not in H20 and neither is the human body/plants/animals/clouds H20.

Just replace H20 with Brahman in my above example.

I hope I made some sense.
May be I am echoing Mr Prasad's comments, or may be not.
My understanding: Brahman is said to be cause of everything. In the example given, water is very different from the plants, human body, and animals etc. Water is NOT the cause of all those bodies and hence it can be in each of these bodies.

So while the example is clear how does it apply to explanation about Brahman?

Also Gita verse 9.4 and 9.5 say exactly the opposite LOL

prasad1

mayaa tatamidam sarvam jagadavyaktamoortinaa |
matsthaani sarva bhootaani na chaaham teshvavasthitaha || 4 ||

This entire universe is pervaded by my unmanifest state. All beings are based in me, I am not based in them.

The important word is "based". It does not say that Brahman is not in them.

Yes, all explanations of Gita 9.4 are confusing.

Last edited:

prasad1

They repeatedly propound the theme of God being all-pervading in the world:
eko devaḥ sarvabhūteṣhu gūḍhaḥ sarvavyāpī (Śhwetāśhvatar Upaniṣhad 6.11)
“There is one God; He is seated in everyone’s heart; He is also everywhere in the world.”
īśhāvāsyam idam sarvaṁ yat kiñcha jagatyāṁ jagat (Īśhopaniṣhad 1)
“God is everywhere in the world.”
puruṣha evedaṁ sarvaṁ, yad bhūtaṁ yachcha bhavyam (Puruṣh Sūktam)
“God pervades everything that has existed and all that will exist.”

https://www.holy-bhagavad-gita.org/chapter/9/verse/4

I am not sure that I understand Gita verse 9.4, but let me try to explain it from my limited understanding.
He is truly Infinite, without beginning or end, ever present and causeless. The finite exists in Him and Him in the finite.

All finite number exists in Infinity, but Infinity does not exist in any finite number.
That may patch this contradiction.

But I believe that everything is in Brahman and Brahman exists in everything.

Last edited:

sravna

It is the own innate characteristics and functions of brahman that manifest as the physical and the mental and as the external reality. All put together gives the unified reality of brahman. Actually each by itself is brahman but manifests in specialized and discrete ways to make up a whole. Makes sense?

Last edited:

sravna

God does not need protection because everything is God.He does not need to protect Himself from Himself. Entities in the physical world and concepts in the mind exist because to teach something to the jivatmas , make them learn and be fit for moksha. Protection or any other concept are part of the learning of souls and are part of the big game of God.

Last edited:

renuka

God does not need protection because everything is God.He does not need to protect Himself from Himself. Entities in the physical world and concepts in the mind exist because to teach something to the jivatmas , make them learn and be fit for moksha. Protection or any other concept are part of the learning of souls and are part of the big game of God.
But why do some Jeevatmas try to control the weather?
How does Brahman protect Himself from such Jeevas?

a-TB

It is the own innate characteristics and functions of brahman that manifest as the physical and the mental and as the external reality. All put together gives the unified reality of brahman. Actually each by itself is brahman but manifests in specialized and discrete ways to make up a whole. Makes sense?
No, does not make sense. 'gives unified reality of brahman' to WHO? To someone who is non-Brahman??

Confused set of statements. Probably not based on real references of scriptures except it just occurred in your mind.

sravna

No, does not make sense. 'gives unified reality of brahman' to WHO? To someone who is non-Brahman??

Confused set of statements. Probably not based on real references of scriptures except it just occurred in your mind.
If you have the intention of learning I can respond but your intention is finding "fault". Let your childish fun continue.

a-TB

Gentlemen,
Stop hijacking all threads for your petty squabbles.:focus:
My question is a genuine challenge to what was said on the topic by Mr Sravana and is within the topic area
I will remove my LOL comment on Madam Renuka's message agreeing with her so that the issue is still the focus.

In Thiruppavai Vyakyanam, the guard at the door signifies the Acharyan, who opens the door to Wisdom through initiation into the Mantra.

Latest posts