• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why are whipping up fear and hysteria?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri Tbs,

Thank you for stating your view point. That is your belief/opinion. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion/belief. There are many in this forum and outside who share your views. There are many who share my views.

Problem arises only when MM states

But don't tell me I can't joke or ridicule or criticize the content..people regularly do that.
Ridicule is not an accepted form of discussion in any forum or in real life.

According to Mariam Webster dictionary Ridicule implies a deliberate often malicious belittling. I had used the term derision in my post about MM which means the same.

Last edited:
Sri Seshadri and other new forum members.

Please see this thread

How Varna/Caste System Harmed Brahmins

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=1254

This will show how an article which was accepted as a well researched article by Chintana, the administrator was twisted by MM and others to ridicule me and other forum members.

Again please see this thread

Status of Women in Brahmin Community

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=1451

to know about MM's views on Women and the basis of my post.

Dear Sri tbs Ji,

Given your background in our scriptures, can you:

1. Tell me whether there are any sanctions outlined in our Srutis (not Smritis) where profession by birth was spelled out.

2. If not, can you tell me where in our Smritis such a sanction was outlined?

3. Can you elaborate on the 'values' you think we have in following the birth oriented professional system for the study of our scriptures?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
KRS

hi Nachhi,
Namaskarams........ i have respect to you..but i have to explain something.
i studied veda patashala for 6 years and i had 4 masters and ph.d
in ADVAITHA VEDANTA/ SANSKRIT.VEDAS MEANT FOR BRAHMINS.
I SERVED INDIAN ARMY TOO.......BUT I BELIEVE STRONGLY IN
CASTE SYSTEM FOR VEDIC STUDIES.it has some values and
some rules to be followed..professionally we can do better than others.
so we feel superiority.may we call it ego/ and we are hypocratic.

Regards
tbs

Dharma

Dear Sri tbs Ji,

1. Tell me whether there are any sanctions outlined in our Srutis (not Smritis) where profession by birth was spelled out.

3. Can you elaborate on the 'values' you think we have in following the birth oriented professional system for the study of our scriptures?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
KRS

Shri KRS,

Pardon me to interject, http://www.kamakoti.org as well as http://www.sathyasai.org as well as http://www.ammachi.org ...etc offer us many reasons for such sanctions....but keeping in tune with our present time,we ought to vibrate harmoniously with rest of humanity cleverly,IMHO.

:)

sb

Dear Sri s007bala Ji,

Thank you for your response. I am well aware of the material relating to the questions I have raised to Sri tbs Ji in the websites you have cited above.

My particular questions are specifically directed towards Sri tbs Ji, and as such I would like him to know that I am still expecting his and his only response. Thanks.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri tbs Ji,

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
KRS[/quote

Respeted KRS ji,

I, In sruti ,in thaithiriya upanishad/samhita in sikshavalli please read
and understand

2, in Manu Smrithi ...BRAHMANAN ADHYANAM ADHYAPANAM CHA...
MEANS reading of vedas and teaching of vedas are basic profession
for brahmins.
3, In Srimad bhagavad Gita varnasrma dharma is very important
for human values.

Regards
tbs

Sesh!

You are one person I found with quite a character, so the Vedal is on your back again .... if you don't reply your head.....(joking)

History (his+story?) as we all know is not perfect or accurate as regards our scriptures. There are a lot of differing views from time immemorial, which again, maybe the sole reason for us "hindus" to remain disparate all along the centuries?

First you should read my postings on the other headings just do a google search on Puranas within this forum - you'll find it.

If that change your perspective about Puranas a little bit. Please write to me. (just a little bit... )

Is the jati system real? How can we be convinced that the same God created unequal status in a species? Hard to believe!

No - unequal is the complex - Bhranti Gnanam - wrong preception. Any management - you need to allocate labour one has to do marketing , one should see the production floor, one human resource, one should do manual labour etc.. all are important for the organisation.

Mangement means - people , power and procedure.. Ignoring this you cannot manage anything.

Here Bhagwan managment is like that - the aim is "CHITTA SHUDDI" and Hitam for ALL. Here there is no room for our likes and dislikes. It is like giving your head to a company - your likes and dislike should be tempered or compromised if you want the job. Your are in UAE , if you want to live in India - impossible. You have to compromise - your likes and dislikes have no place. Similarly, for HITAM to all LORD give the orders - do this and don't do this for the HITAM of all - the body of knowledge is called VEDA- Effortless manifestation of Brahmam or the Intellegence that presupposes this creation. Vedas are the breathe of Bhagwan.

That's why VEDAS,in particular the Karma Kanda is called , Prabhu Samhita or Dharma Samhita. Here, Human endeavour alone is required - Like the same way you work in any company - Preyarthanam only is the need and nothing else you will get the salary at the end of the month. Ashikarithvam or Who can do what are given as Instructions, birth is one among the list enabling the adhikaritvam.

There is another KANDA - called Gnana Kanda or Veda Antam - here with the intelligence given we are encouraged to enquire on three principles - Jeeva,Jagat and Inshvara Vicharam. For this Adhikaritvam, is not based on birth - any person having keen interest can study - but for successful completion it is necessary he should receive it appropriately through a parampara which is linked to Bhagavat Padal , Santh Kumaras and ultimately to LORD himself. He should also cultivate 4 gunas explained in Sadhana Chatushtaya Sampathi. Discrimnation is one among them - Discrimination means VIVEKA . ( I don't understand why such a beautiful word is taboo to many)

As times change, we see several practices being obsolete and not fitting in with the scheme of things. There may be many reasons, but it is the fact. So, the other line of reasoning, as opposed to the traditional, is also justified in its own right.

Now Bhagwan has also endowed humans with intelligence, wherever intelligence is more the freedom to act is also more. So you can choose to follow the order, not to follow or to follow as some say 20% of it - It is all your choice. But be prepared to face the result. Shoulder Responsibility.

If a debate is to be truly done, then it can be only with the authentic reference of our scriptures - is it possible? Net based references are questionable (again, does not mean that everything is a sham). So may of the net based literature is a result of western translation and perception and hence may be distorted. To have a final judgement based on this may not be the right approach. There are many scholars who do not contribute to this forum (or on the net), but are convinced of the traditional methods (including the jati system), and whose views would concur with that of malgova. So, it would be naive to rebuke his line of thoughts.

Well Said - But you see, the abuse of Jati system is a way too much, no sensible human can tolerate this - In this sense, I can understand what, Nacchi, KRS, Kunjuppu, Hari, HH mdm going thru. I mean basic dignity of other human is abused. We have to pay for that - No denying on that.

But those people should not be completely taken away by emotions alone - they also should try to see the bigger picture. My deep and humbe request to them.

We all should try to cure the disease , please spare the life - don't take away the life.

Oh you sensitive peoples - could you also see the positive side of Jati system .... My request.

Will the Pope agree that there are other gods apart from jesus? If he does not, can it be construed that he is parochial in his thinking and hence is outdated? No, I dont think that the christian community would come to such a conclusion. So, I believe that malgova is right in what he says. And hence his undeniable faith on the varna-system. Agreed that this may not go well in the current times, but I believe that it is an explanation which he owes.

But to counter conversion, we have to have a stance, and that would arise only out of pure belief in our scriptures... The earlier "Yugas" were different and hence cannot be compared to with the present times. Extrapolation of logic (which is based on our current view of things) may not be correct. The absence of scientific evidence or "fossils" does not disprove anything.

Beautifully said....

So, my take on this would be to believe in our scriptures while adapting to the changing times... For belief gives rise to conviction and conviction gives rise to passion, courage and confidence. This is what we need. Not discarding that portion of scriptures that we deem unnecessary for our concept of "unity". It has to be from within and not by negating the views of our ancestors.

Well said....

The real point of questioning is when (or where) all religions dissolve... but am afraid that our society is not in that stage yet.

Well I'm only concerned about my country. Well as Nachhi said that we live among Christians, Muslims etc... So too they .. They are Living amongst us the native peoples - they should realise that first.

What I'm asking the followers of other religion is DON'T CONVERT vulnerable peoples because all are linked and it creates a lot of disharmony.

Moreover , if they want to convert - then they should hold a debate on their theologies - if they win then let them convert. if they lose then there people should return to native cultures.

We negate THEIR CONCEPT OF GOD, BEATITUDE OR SWARGA PRAPTI, IN FACT ANY OTHER THEOLOGY THEIR DOCTRINE TALKS NOTHING IS OF ANY SUBSTANCE. Are they ready for the Challenge?

Conflict of opinions is inevitable, but it should be presented in a manner that intends to convey the intent without maligning the other.

There is a background for this - please read the posts as Nachhi points, then you will understand. Sometimes you got to look vulnerable then only you could see some reply.

Regards,
Seshadri[/quote]

What Mdm HH!

Why no reply? You said Ahura.... Is the question not worth to answer or what?

See they are brother and sister - One is ASURA whereas the other just the opposite why ?

That's why I said don't read books or internets - You may get "Vepareetha Gnanam" or "Branthi Gnanam" which will lead to all "ABHASAM/ANARTHAM" . In Knowledge you got to be thoroughly precise and clinical.

Anyway ...I know you are not going to listen to me.

Now you tell me - Laxmana Swami , Did he wronged any woman?

The Guy who advocates for Surpanaka, should have read what mis-chief Surpanaka did. It is amazing that he calls her a woman and chides the Lord for that act. Anyway....

Do you know what she did?

Last edited by a moderator:
mm-ji, am not really interested in analyzing characters and their actions...

even a man like ravana or evr is not 100% bad nor is someone 100% good...

to me, its pointless to specify a trait to a person, or analyze anyone's actions, for we know not the larger design decided by the one everyone calls 'god'.

Malgova,

You are back with a bang! Vedhal?? If you say so.... (heh heh... just joking).

I am not going to start all over it again; we have done it before. But I am trying to search for your post under puranas. Let me have a look into it and get back to you...

Regards,
Seshadri

MM. My friend,

About Lakshmana's virulent temper

His deep attachment to his hero makes Lakshmana come across as a person with a virulent temper, ready to commit mayhem at the mere suggestion of harm to Sri Rama. His uncontainable anger is on full display when he hears of the machinations of Kaikeyi aimed at preventing Sri Rama's coronation. He swears to Sri Rama that he would annihilate not only the scheming stepmother, but also her husband and son, oblivious to the fact that they are his own father and brother respectively. Sri Rama restrains him with very great difficulty, pointing out that it is the hand of fate that enacts a play through the medium of Kaikeyi, who is but an instrument.
http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/archives/jan2003/0076.html

Dear Mr Nachinarkiniyan

I think I joined after you had stopped making posts some time in May '08.

I read through some of the old threads and was happy to read your posts and always felt that I was not fortunate enough when you were making all those original posts. I could notice that there were many other posts that were not so original as yours and a handful of other gentlemen, some of them are not posting even now. Perhaps they will also come back some time.

Surprisingly, many months after you had left, there was some lull in the forum after the exit of some 'political post'-ers, who had expressed happiness in your and Mr Appaiah's exit. After your arrival back now, I see some old set of members making posts again, I only hope that this is also for good of all of us, who look forward to genuinely educating posts like yours. I also wish that like in May '08, you are not driven to silence any more.

Thanks for your re-entry.

With warm regards

Anjankumar

Dear Sri Nachinarkiniyan

I had not read this thread completely before making my earlier post thanking you for your re-entry. I did it in my initial euphoria in seeing your post.

I read through this thread thereafter. I get a feeling that one member who was happy in seeing your silence in May last, along with another member, who used to make "politically motivated cut, copy, paste" posts, has been silent all along and has started making noise again on seeing your posts.

I request you not to get worked up this time and not to remain silent like May 2008. It is very obvious that these persons have single point program. To prevent you from writing.

We need your original writings for our benefit. Let those who do not like original posts, write any thing. You please ignore them.

Warm regards

Anjankumar

By Golly

Dear Sri Nachinarkiniyan

I had not read this thread completely before making my earlier post thanking you for your re-entry. I did it in my initial euphoria in seeing your post.

I read through this thread thereafter. I get a feeling that one member who was happy in seeing your silence in May last, along with another member, who used to make "politically motivated cut, copy, paste" posts, has been silent all along and has started making noise again on seeing your posts.

I request you not to get worked up this time and not to remain silent like May 2008. It is very obvious that these persons have single point program. To prevent you from writing.

We need your original writings for our benefit. Let those who do not like original posts, write any thing. You please ignore them.

Warm regards

Anjankumar

Shri Anjankumar

I think Shri Nacchinarkiniyan's posts are educative,informative.BTW i am a newbie so please cut some slack for me,if i inadvertently run off tangent.I hope all of us are united in our efforts to foster bhakthi,gyanam,santosham...etc for the betterment of society.

Sarva Lokas Samasthas Sukhino Bhavanthu.

sb

Mdm HH!

You should precisely do that, that's what is the ideas of the Rishis and ancestors - Puranas are like our Friends word - it caution the good and bad.

Common nobody is 100% good or bad that is obvious (you admitted asura and sura is in our nature) BUT Good action and Bad actions manifest from us and we need to be alert about that , discriminate between the 2 , weigh the result and control our actions .

The actions at times from us, can be 100% or in some other percentages bad or good - QED
we need to analyse and gaurd ourselves. Don't you think so?

You must be AWARE with precision analysing the traits and behaviours is a beneficial - as it would alert us. Thus I refute your Logic.

The Good things about Ravana are told , he is not portrayed 100% bad what ?

Regards

Nacchi!

You should know the character of Surpanaka too what ?

Lakshmana Swami is "Adi Sesha" gaurding "Narayana" he is Kshatriya - please don't expect mild temper from the God of Serpents. Anyslight provocation the opponent is doomed. That's the character. Understand?

What does Valmiki Ramayana teach us? It teaches us about ideal beings who should be emulated. But no one in Ramayana is perfect in all respects or an ideal human being. Being born human has that disadvantage.

Rama - The ideal King and Ekapatni Vrata. That is why we talk about Rama Rajya.

Lakshmana - The ideal brother.

There is a saying in Tamil "Thambiyudiyan Padaikku anjan."

Hanuman - The ideal Devotee.

Mandodari - Perfect Patni. She is one of the Pancha Kanyas in Hindu mythology, the others being Ahalya, Draupadi, Kunti and Tara. The Pancha Kanyas are supposed to signify the Pancha Bootha or the five elements of Nature. Legend has it that all of an individual's sins are washed off simply by uttering the name of these Pancha Kanyas.

Rama

What does Valmiki Ramayana teach us? It teaches us about ideal beings who should be emulated. But no one in Ramayana is perfect in all respects or an ideal human being. Being born human has that disadvantage.

Rama - The ideal King and Ekapatni Vrata. That is why we talk about Rama Rajya.

Lakshmana - The ideal brother.

There is a saying in Tamil "Thambiyudiyan Padaikku anjan."

Hanuman - The ideal Devotee.

Mandodari - Perfect Patni. She is one of the Pancha Kanyas in Hindu mythology, the others being Ahalya, Draupadi, Kunti and Tara. The Pancha Kanyas are supposed to signify the Pancha Bootha or the five elements of Nature. Legend has it that all of an individual's sins are washed off simply by uttering the name of these Pancha Kanyas.

Shri Nacchinarkiniyan

>>Rama - The ideal King and Ekapatni Vrata. That is why we talk about Rama Rajya.<<

Prolly that is why E.V.RamaSwami Naicker ( Nai-Curse),who has Rama & Swami in his name,got mad,that he was forced to be a Eka Patni Human,and revolted against his parents for naming him so.Went about fornicating with "gay" abandon much to the chagrin of his parents & elders.I personally nick named him as " Mairu Yaar" rofl

sb

>>Mandodari - Perfect Patni. She is one of the Pancha Kanyas in Hindu mythology, the others being Ahalya, Draupadi, Kunti and Tara.<<

Ahalya,Draupathi,Sita,Tara,Mandodari-Pancha Kanya Smaray Nityam Sarva Papa Vimochanam....is a slokam for ladies especially.I guess some sampradayas prefer,Amma Kunti to Amma Sita.

Shri Amma Sharanam Mama

sb

>>Mandodari - Perfect Patni. She is one of the Pancha Kanyas in Hindu mythology, the others being Ahalya, Draupadi, Kunti and Tara.<<

Ahalya,Draupathi,Sita,Tara,Mandodari-Pancha Kanya Smaray Nityam Sarva Papa Vimochanam....is a slokam for ladies especially.I guess some sampradayas prefer,Amma Kunti to Amma Sita.

Shri Amma Sharanam Mama

sb

hi sb
namaskarams. every morning we should remember these panch kanyas
daily......but if you understand/ analysis the names of panch kanyas ..
it will be more intersting... for that you have to sanskirit vyakaranam
means sanskrit grammar.

regards
tbs

samskritam

>>for that you have to sanskirit vyakaranam
means sanskrit grammar.<<

hi tbs

Ayyo i luv Samskritam.When i slowly slowly read in this language......Enngoyyooo Poiduwain sir.....of course Tamizh being my mother/father tongue,online i read Kumudam Jyothidam....but for now,English is my mother/father adopted tongue in our family khe khe :sing:

sb

Last edited:
>>for that you have to sanskirit vyakaranam
means sanskrit grammar.<<

hi tbs

Ayyo i luv Samskritam.When i slowly slowly read in this language......Enngoyyooo Poiduwain sir.....of course Tamizh being my mother/father tongue,online i read Kumudam Jyothidam....but for now,English is my mother/father adopted tongue in our family khe khe :sing:

sb

hi sb
thanks. i read daily dinamani/kumudam jyothidam online.. this
is my regular drill.so i dont want forget my thai mozhi in my naturalised
adopted country... means the great USA.: " API SWARNAMAYI
LANKA NA MEY LAKSHMANA ROCHATE.. JANANI JANMABHUMI CA
SWARGATAPI GARIYASI"... means Sri Ram says to Lakshmana..
Hey Lakshmana....even though Sri Lanka is golden island, i dont
like here..becoz my mother and motherland are greater than
heaven,

REGARDS
tbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back