• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who should die first ? Husband or wife

A POV is based on personal experiences. So the gender of the poster does matter. I can empathize or sympathaze with a female point of view on the myseries of widows in olden days, having Witnessed it first hand. But cannot express or feel as the widow did.
So there is a reason to know the gender of the poster to understand the true impact of the post.

Irrespective of the gender no member should be humiliated or harrased.

At the same time people delibratly misrepresenting their true identity should be banned. Mr. Praveen has banned such posters in the past, and I am sure the practice will continue.

Last edited:
I recollect a verse of Bhavat Gita " Whatever happened , happened for the good.Whatever is happening is happening for good .Whatever will happen , will also happen for good. .I feel an identity need not generate such hot discussions.
Coming to subject ,
At some stage of one's life, one partner will die leaving the other and this is universal irespectve of caste, creed, economic status etc. In this sad related phenomeno, the friends and other family members should keep an eye on and to comfort the surviving memberThe loss of loved one might make for dramatic changes in life style habits of young people. Usually ladies will not suffer much as we are taken care by children ,as historically the ladies are keeperof kids.
Interestingly i came across an improbable write up by an Karnataka astrolger in 2001, wherein she gave cool formula for calculating which of the couple would die first.
I am unable to trust fully . However some of the learned members may throw some light on this.
Beleive it or not - Here is the formula.
1. Count the star of the wife from the star of the husband.
2.Multiply that number by7.
3.Divide the product by 28.
4.Call the remainder as A
5.Count the star of husband from the star of wife.
6.Do similar mulatplication and division.
7.Call the remainder as B
Result:The one with a higher figure will go first.
For example
Husband star is Aslesha
Wife star is Rohini
No of the wife's star from husband 's 23
23x7=161÷28.Remainder 21
For wife calculated in the same way remainder is 14.
Final result :Husband dies first.
_ When referred , the famous astrologer Mr.Sanjay rath had not given any negative opinion on this formula.
I have not given this to frighten anyone. Just to analyse it. At the same time, if husband and wife happens to be same nakstra , how to apply this formula the writer has not touched this.( probably for the fact that eka nakstra horoscopes will not be considered for marriage compatibility and all).
May i request the elnlightened members( not gender specific) to throw some light on this.

I recollect a verse of Bhavat Gita " Whatever happened , happened for the good.Whatever is happening is happening for good .Whatever will happen , will also happen for good. .I feel an identity need not generate such hot discussions.
Coming to subject ,
At some stage of one's life, one partner will die leaving the other and this is universal irespectve of caste, creed, economic status etc. In this sad related phenomeno, the friends and other family members should keep an eye on and to comfort the surviving memberThe loss of loved one might make for dramatic changes in life style habits of young people. Usually ladies will not suffer much as we are taken care by children ,as historically the ladies are keeperof kids.
Interestingly i came across an improbable write up by an Karnataka astrolger in 2001, wherein she gave cool formula for calculating which of the couple would die first.
I am unable to trust fully . However some of the learned members may throw some light on this.
Beleive it or not - Here is the formula.
1. Count the star of the wife from the star of the husband.
2.Multiply that number by7.
3.Divide the product by 28.
4.Call the remainder as A
5.Count the star of husband from the star of wife.
6.Do similar mulatplication and division.
7.Call the remainder as B
Result:The one with a higher figure will go first.
For example
Husband star is Aslesha
Wife star is Rohini
No of the wife's star from husband 's 23
23x7=161÷28.Remainder 21
For wife calculated in the same way remainder is 14.
Final result :Husband dies first.
_ When referred , the famous astrologer Mr.Sanjay rath had not given any negative opinion on this formula.
I have not given this to frighten anyone. Just to analyse it. At the same time, if husband and wife happens to be same nakstra , how to apply this formula the writer has not touched this.( probably for the fact that eka nakstra horoscopes will not be considered for marriage compatibility and all).
May i request the elnlightened members( not gender specific) to throw some light on this.

Actually that verse is not in the Geeta...I dont know who wrote that as part of Geeta and it circulates all around as authentic.

Anyways..point taken.

( a ) Multiplying a numer by 7 and then dividing by 28 is the same as

( b ) dividing the number by 4.

By calculation ( a ) the remainder will be either 0, 7, 14 or 21.

By calculation ( b ) the remainder will be either 0, 1, 2 or 3.

Calculation ( b ) is very simple, right? :)

I am confused - not about who dies first - but how to bequeath our assets . Family settlement or Will? I will be consulting my lawyer tomorrow for advice - more confusing than the Art of Dying? Dieing?

Spell "Bee" can be of help!

Last edited:
The above link says:

Some people are confusing the word dyeing with dying and dieing as well. Dyeing refers to the act of staining something a different colour.

1. I am dyeing my hair red this week.

2. My mom is in the process of dyeing the eggs for the Easter egg hunt.

While all of these forms can be overwhelming, you typically will not have occasion to use dieing at all, and dyeing should make sense because dye is the word for staining.

So, when in doubt, the participial form of die is always dying.

I am confused - not about who dies first - but how to bequeath our assets . Family settlement or Will? I will be consulting my lawyer tomorrow for advice - more confusing than the Art of Dying? Dieing?

A will, will distribute the assets the way the asset holder wants.
Money matters always ends up in court.
The family should be encouraged to accept the will.

Why no comments?

Albert Einstein once wrote on a blackboard:

“Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

If you trust in the maturity of your family members, then settle...Else will :)

Your method seems to be correct. [I thought of a modular arithmetic solution - but the details are a bit messy]

I will do the calculations with your steps from the example posted here https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=38744&p=410678#post410678

For example
Star numbers are taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nakshatras
Husband star is Ashlesha (9)
Wife star is Rohini (4)
No of the wife's star from husband 's 23 (28+4-9) - We have a total of 27 stars
The remainder when 23 is divided by 4 gets 3 [Mr. Veejisini gets (23*7=) 161 when divided by 28 gets 21 ]
No of the husband's star from wife 's 5 (9-4)
The remainder when 5 is divided by 4 gets 1 [ I think Mr. Veejisini gets a different number 6 here - he gets remainder when (6*7=)42 when divided by 28 gets 14]

Your method seems to be correct. [I thought of a modular arithmetic solution - but the details are a bit messy]

I will do the calculations with your steps from the example posted here https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=38744&p=410678#post410678

For example
Star numbers are taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nakshatras
Husband star is Ashlesha (9)
Wife star is Rohini (4)
No of the wife's star from husband 's 23 (28+4-9) - We have a total of 27 stars
The remainder when 23 is divided by 4 gets 3 [Mr. Veejisini gets (23*7=) 161 when divided by 28 gets 21 ]
No of the husband's star from wife 's 5 (9-4)
The remainder when 5 is divided by 4 gets 1 [ I think Mr. Veejisini gets a different number 6 here - he gets remainder when (6*7=)42 when divided by 28 gets 14]

I think all these posting are in jest, the destiny will take its own course.

So in a lighter mood, my solution is to make sure that both husband and wife die at the same time.

Does it matter which number of Husband (Elizabeth Taylor) and which number of wife (Trump)?

And if your calculation prove wrong how do you rectify it? Guillotine is the only solution.
guillotine_3d_model_3ds_fbx_blend_dae_aab0f12e-3cd7-4b9e-8538-0c8e2d81715a.jpg

Last edited:
Why go to Gillettin and all.
A few days after her husband's death,a grieving widow accidentally received an email mail from a man waiting for his wife at another airport.The e mail reads: Dearest wife, Just got checked in. Everything prepared for your arrival tomorrow._____P.S. Sure is hot down here.

Latest ads

Back