• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What's for dinner tonight???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's for dinner tonight???????
Each Friday night after work, Santa Singh would fire up his outdoor grill and cook a tandoori chicken and some meat kebabs. But, all of his neighbors were strict Catholics and since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating chicken and meat on a Friday. The delicious aroma from the grilled meats was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their Priest. The Priest came to visit Santa, and suggested that he become a Catholic. After several classes and much study, Santa attended Mass... and as the priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, "You were born a Sikh, and raised a Sikh, but now, you are a Catholic."
Santa's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived. The wonderful aroma of tandoori chicken and meat kebabs filled the neighbourhood. The Priest was called immediately by the neighbours and, as he rushed into Santa's backyard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement. There stood Santa, holding a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meats and chanted: "Oye, you waz born a chicken, and you waz born a lamb, you waz raised a chicken, and you waz raised a lamb but now yara, you are a potato and tomato"!

There stood Santa, holding a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meats and chanted: "Oye, you waz born a chicken, and you waz born a lamb, you waz raised a chicken, and you waz raised a lamb but now yara, you are a potato and tomato"!

I guess, that's exactly for why our Gurus/Rishis would do initiation, and say ' you are only twice-born (for your mind), but you are still what you were born with'! ;)

Isnt this making fun of something one doesnt believe in?
Cant others make fun of something you believe in, in the same way?
In the name of joke or humour hurting sentiments be allowed?

Isnt this making fun of something one doesnt believe in?
Cant others make fun of something you believe in, in the same way?
In the name of joke or humour hurting sentiments be allowed?

I did not post to the tread, but it was in the jokes/humor forum, so I let it pass.

Good day All

I think you are taking things out of context. I am a strong believer my own religion, and respect for all religions. This was just a light hearted joke that was meant to bring a smile. Did you notice that I was in no way condemning or being hatred? I did not know that we had such sensitive readers that cannot distinguish a joke from a serious discussion.

Regards
Marvin

Come on guys!

A harmless joke is a joke. Folks who can not lazugh at all have no emotions and people who can not laugh at themselves are not alive.

Let us not be so humorless.

Regards,
KRS

Come on guys!

A harmless joke is a joke. Folks who can not lazugh at all have no emotions and people who can not laugh at themselves are not alive.

Let us not be so humorless.

Regards,
KRS
Ok, I will laugh at it.
I am reminded of a joke though.
In one of the meetings I told my team there are lot of Anjaneya's out here. Many had thought I referred to their looks.
I did not realise it until one of the members took the courage and sought an explanation and I was surprised how they interpreted it.
All I meant to tell them was -
whenever I ask them a query, such as what is the way to select or enable an option,
or what restriction are there to a feature, I do not get the specific answer, instead I get the entire user manual sent as an attachment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back