• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

White House Correspondents Dinner and freedom vs responsibity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor Mam,

That was only an example cited.

Whoever opposite to Asuras...... may be termed as Rishis but don't jump to the conclusion and ask more questions comparing few members with Rishis.

Similarly as for Asuras, we love everyone though there is difference of opinion.

Forum is a nice to place to interact and share...

But often it becomes 'Kurushethram'.

And one more thing which I wanted to share here is this

In one of the topic, our Forum's lone WOLF was having a tough fight following heated exchange of opinion and surprisingly no one had came to support him.

Whereas, there seems to be bonding scenario among the Asuras and they all join together when there is an attack.

What a nice unity exhibited.....:)

Why this keeping aloof tendency among the socalled Rishis.......?

Kya problem.yaar ? Now there is Lone wolf..Rishis..Asuras etc..even Bahubali 2 would lose out to Forum drama!LOL

I might just turn into a Were wolf even if its not a full moonLOL

One can claim a lot of accomplishments and still not empathize even a little. Ego can take away a lot of your intellect. I always prefer to go by net intellect

Yes Sravna..true..for the very first time I am begging you to preach Spirituality in this thread.

Rishis are complaining Asuras are attacking the Yagna..so Sravna ..please do somethingLOL

Dear Sir,

Yes..Asura scenario is present..I do admit I can play a total Asura too many a times but who are the Rishis?

Instead of role-playing asura, I think many Rishis will emerge (prakat honge in Hindi) if Menaka, Urvashi, Ramba etc. arise.

One can claim a lot of accomplishments and still not empathize even a little. Ego can take away a lot of your intellect. I always prefer to go by net intellect

What is net intellect? Intellect as displayed on internet? Or something like gross intellect and net intellect? What is grossed out of gross intellect to arrive at net intellect?

I find this anonymous thumb upper and downer to be not really useful.

As Raji Mam once recounted that an anonymous "thumber" marked down her posts in lots, posted years back, just to satisfy
his/her spite. It did really have nothing to do with the content of the previous posts, but blind rage to feel offended whether rightly or wrongly.

If i know the identity of thumb upper, at least I can relate to his/her posts and take interest in his/her views and opinions and likewise I can stay away from the posts of the thumb downer.

Thumb downers are like the free-loaders who borrow a book from a friend or acquaintance and trash the author after reading 10 pages of a 300 odd page book or novel, and NOT EVEN RETURNING THE BOOK.

If someone is giving serial thumbs down to a particular poster, it begs the question as to why they continue to read that poster repeatedly. Only to give thumbs down?
Some give thumbs up or down on the sly as they they do not have the courage to confront and take on with logical reasoning.

They often share a love hate relationship with the poster.

They are spiteful and yet they engage .

What do we do with them?

Nothing much -write them off . They are senior citizens.lol

Yes Sravna..true..for the very first time I am begging you to preach Spirituality in this thread.

Rishis are complaining Asuras are attacking the Yagna..so Sravna ..please do somethingLOL

Using spiritual power will be too powerful. As you say let us try spiritual reasoning.

Some give thumbs up or down on the sly as they they do not have the courage to confront and take on with logical reasoning.

They often share a love hate relationship with the poster.

They are spiteful and yet they engage .

What do we do with them?

Nothing much -write them off . They are senior citizens.lol

It is an additional provision extended to members by the Forum owner.

And it is a gesture exhibited by the members whether they approve or disapprove the content of the posting.

It is their choice, it is their privilege and it is their right

They exercise their option

And what is there to grumble and lament on this?

Members should have tolerance to treat both the appreciation as well as the censures as one and the same.

In fact, one should exhibit maturity not the take the appreciations to the head and censures to the heart.

And there are some who don't bother about this... who cares....

Such members needs to grow..

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question.

So your good question leads to another question ..that is..Is Liberation reformating the mind to empty all stored data?

Over to you.

At least I am not in the clear about what this Liberation stuff really means.

If it is liberation of body, it is not happening till the end of life. I have not read or heard about a liberated person being precisely aware of his/her impending death. I think I am right (but may be wrong because mostly recounting from memory) even Lord Krishna was taken by surprise by the arrows shot at him, that is he was not prepared for that.

And then there was this character in Mahabharata lying on a bed of arrows for quite a while awaiting uttarayana and dies after meeting krishna and hearing Visnu sahasranamam.

If the liberation consists of reformatting the mind, I think it is not happening fully because vAsnAs get formatted before the next birth.

Now there is just one category left - that of liberated living beings or jeevan mukthas. I find it rather strange that almost everyone of them read daily newspaper to keep abreast with current happenings. If liberated from this world, why should they try to keep track of current happenings in the world, and if they are brahma-jnanis, is the current happening out of their jnAnam is a bit puzzling for me.

What is net intellect? Intellect as displayed on internet? Or something like gross intellect and net intellect? What is grossed out of gross intellect to arrive at net intellect?
In AI, making machines understand language based on context is supposed to be very challenging. I think it is understandable because even we humans have not mastered it.

Be a brahmin and prosper .

Yes.... they are prospering...

I am sharing hereunder a message received through face book.

Forwarded as received from a friend:
=================
*ஒடுக்குங்கள் பிராமணனை.
இன்னும் நிறைய ஒடுக்குங்கள். அவன் மென்மேலும் முன்னேற*

கத்தியைக் கண்டால் ஒதுங்குபவன், தன் பெண்ணை பிற சாதியன்
காதலித்துக் கல்யாணம் செய்தால் மறுதலிக்க முடியாமல் சில காலத்திற்குப் பின் ஏற்றுக் கொள்பவன், தான் உண்டு தன் வேலை உண்டு என்று இருப்பவன்,

எல்லாருக்கும் ஒரு விதத்தில் அரசாங்க ஆதரவும் பட்டியல் உரிமையும் இருக்க, இவனுக்கு மட்டும் ஒன்றுமில்லை.

இருக்கும் ஒரு சதவீத வெளிப்படை போட்டியில் ஆயிரத்திற்கு ஆயிரம் மதிப்பெண் வாங்கி போட்டியிட வேண்டும். கூட போட்டியிடுபவன் அறிவிலும் குறைவு, மதிப்பெண்ணிலும் குறைவு; ஆனால் அரசாங்கம் தட்டிக்கொடுத்து பட்டியலில் சாதிப் பெயரிட்டு கூப்பிட்டுக் கொடுக்கிறது வேலையை. கேட்டால் ஒதுக்கப் பட்ட இனமாம், பிராமணன் ஆதிக்க சக்தியாம்.

சுதந்திரம் வாங்க மட்டும் புரட்சிக் கவி பாடவும், கொடுங்கோல் கலெக்டர்ஆஷ் துரையைக் கொல்லவும், ஜெயிலுக்குப் போகவும் பார்ப்பனன் வேண்டும். ஆனால் வேலையில் இட ஒதுக்கீடு மட்டும் இல்லை, ஏனென்றால் எல்லா பார்ப்பனனும் பணக்காரன் பாருங்கள்? என்னய்யா கண்டு பிடித்தீர்கள் பிராமணனிடம் குற்றம்? அவன் சுத்தமாக இருக்கச் சொல்வது உங்களுக்குப் பிடிக்கவில்லை. நீ சுத்தமில்லாமல் தொட்டதை அவன் தொட மறுக்கிறான். ஏன் இதை அவன் மட்டுமா செய்கிறான்? கிருத்துவ பிஷப்பும் செய்கிறார், மசூதியில் முல்லாவும் செய்கிறார். உயர்ஜாதி பிராமணனல்லாத இந்துவும் செய்கிறான். ஆனால் ஏன் பார்ப்பனன் மட்டும் சாதி வெறியன்? மற்றவன் இல்லையா? சாதியின் பெயராலேயே அரசியல் நடத்தி வரும் அத்தனை பேரும் பார்ப்பனனை விட எந்த விதத்தில் உயர்ந்தவர்கள்?

உடையாருக்கு ஒரு கட்சி, முதலியாருக்கு சமூக நீதிக் கட்சி, வன்னியருக்கு ஒரு பாமக, வெள்ளாளருக்கு ஒரு கொமுக, நாயுடுக்களுக்கு ஒரு மதிமுக, தேவருக்கு ஒரு பார்வார்ட் ப்ளாக், தேவேந்திர குல வெள்ளாளருக்கு ஒரு கட்சி, அருந்ததியருக்கு ஒரு கட்சி, தலித்துகளுக்கு ஆயிரம் கட்சிகள். எங்கே ஒரு கட்சியின் பெயரை சொல்லுங்கள் பிராமணனுக்கு?

பிராமணன் அப்பாவி. அடித்தால் அடியை பொறுத்துக் கொண்டு குறை சொல்லாமல் வீட்டு தாழ் இட்டு வாழ்ந்து கொள்பவன். அவனை ஆதிக்க சக்தி என்று பொய் கூறி உரமிட்டு வளர்த்த பெருமையெல்லாம் திராவிடர் கழகத்திற்கும், இனத்துரோகி .............. நிதியையுமே சாரும். அறிவு சார் வர்க்கங்கள் பிராமணன் உனக்கு என்ன துரோகம் செய்தான் என்று தயவு செய்து பட்டியல் இட்டுக் காட்டுங்கள். உங்கள் சோற்றில் மணணைவாரிப்் போட்டானா? இல்லை உங்கள் வீட்டுப் பெண்ணை கையைப்பிடித்து இழுத்தானா? இல்லை உங்கள் கறி, மீனில் பங்கு கேட்டானா?

இன்னமும் பிராமணத் துவேஷம் சொல்லி அரசியல் செய்யும் ஆங்கிலேய அடிவருடிப் பரம்பரையில் வந்த திராவிட இயக்கத்தின் அழியாக் கறை பேர்வழிகளுக்கு சொல்லிக் கொள்கிறேன். ஒவ்வொரு முறையும் பிராமணனுக்கு எதிராய் சொல்லப் படும் கருத்துக்களால் அவன் மென்மேலும் புடம் போடப்பட்டு வெளி நாட்டில் வேலை, மேல்படிப்பு, சொந்தத் தொழில் என்று வளம் சிறக்க வாழ்ந்து கொண்டு, உன்னைப் பார்த்து சிரிக்கிறான். நீ இன்னமும் அங்கேயே அதள பாதாளத்தில் நின்ற இடத்திலேயே நிற்கிறாய். அவன் மேலே போய்க் கொண்டே இருக்கிறான்.

இங்கே தலித்துகளும், தேவர்களும், முதலியார்களும், செட்டியார்களும், வன்னியர்களும், கவுண்டர்களும், நாயுடுக்களும் தங்களை அடையாளப் படுத்திக் கொண்டு இருக்கும் வரை, பிராம்மணனின், நீங்கள் சொல்லி வந்த ஆதிக்க உணர்வுகளைத் தூண்டி அவன் தன் சாதியையும் இனி கட்டிக் காக்கப் போகிறான்.

எங்கேனும் பிச்சை எடுக்கும் ஒரு பிராம்மணப் பெண்ணையோ இல்லை பூணுல் அணிந்த பிராமண பிச்சைக்காரனையோ பார்த்திருக்கிறீர்களா? அதுதான் பிராம்மணன்.
(ஒரு தலித் எழுதியதை அப்படியே பகிர்கிறேன்)\

Source: Face Book.

This year they chose a first generation Indian American (a Muslim) to be the comedian to roast the President and the audience. I thought he did a superb job.

Enjoy...

Few best moments....

5 Of The Most Savage Things Hasan Minhaj Said While Roasting Trump

Attendees at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner on Saturday knew this edition of the traditional event would be like no other. US President Donald Trump gave the event a miss, the first time an incumbent POTUS has skipped the event in 36 years. Trump’s administration also skipped the dinner in solidarity with the president.

In what will be remembered as one of the most muted down Correspondents’ Dinners of recent times, comedian Hasan Minhaj took the stage to roast the president. Hasan was quick to explain why he had been picked to headline the event. “No one wanted to do this. So of course, it lands in the hands of an immigrant. That’s how it always goes down. No one wanted this gig," said the 31-year-old Indian-origin comedian.

The Daily Show senior correspondent, who was reportedly asked to steer clear of jokes about Trump, did not let the President’s absence hold him back.

In case you missed it, here are a few best moments from Minhaj’s roast:

Anything Is Possible

“You know, now that a professional wrestler’s our president, anything is possible,” he said.

You know, that statement, anything is possible, used to have a positive connotation. Now we’re all like, “anything is possible.” ANYTHING.

Keep Trump Distracted

“Every time Donald Trump goes golfing, the headline should read: ‘Trump Golfing, Apocalypse Delayed. Take the W’,” the comedian said.

Do you want to know what he’s not doing when he’s golfing? Being president! Let the man putt putt! Keep him distracted... the longer you keep him distracted, the longer we’re not at war with North Korea.

What Is Trump’s Excuse?

Minhaj also took jibes at Trump’s teetotal lifestyle.

You know Donald Trump doesn’t drink, right? Does not touch alcohol. Which is oddly respectable. But think about that. That means every statement, every interview, every tweet, completely sober. How is that possible?

The ‘Presidential’ Adjectives

You know, a lot of people told me, Hasan, if you go after the administration, it would be petty, unfair, and childish. In other words, presidential. So here we go.

From vice-president Mike Pence to Trump advisor Steve Bannon, to his daughter Ivanka Trump, Minhaj took potshots at everyone.

Hillary Clinton, Bill O’Reilly and the Trump administration's knack of deleting history faster than Anthony Weiner also found mention in his roast.

‘You Gotta Be Twice as Good’

“Be on your A game,” he told the journalists at the event. He also likened the press to a minority community, a comparison that garnered loud applause.

In the age of Trump, I know that you guys have to be more perfect now more than ever, because you are how the president gets his news... You gotta be twice as good. You can’t make any mistakes. Because when one of you messes up, he blames your entire group. And now you know what it feels like to be a minority.

“Only in America can a first-generation, Indian-American Muslim kid get on this stage and make fun of the president. The orange man behind the Muslim ban,” he said, towards the end of the roast.

Source: https://www.thequint.com/world/2017...onald-trump-white-house-correspondents-dinner

The comments of Krish shows his maturity of thought, I heartily appreciate his experience?Trump Le repeatedly proving his negative stand on all matters @ Americans do not hesitate to openly condemn.
A.Srinivasan
y
t

After Trump, indians feelings for freedom in america is undergoing a change.

It appears only white skinned can hope for freedom.

Others can give up their lives so that whites enjoy freedom in an unlimited way.

North Korea or Syria can be reduced to a rubble in defence of freedom.

Indian women can be strip searched at airports to make freedon last in US and europe.

Tomorrow india can be carpet bombed because some missionary gets manhandled here while he is trying to convert some adivasi or tribal.

Pope can preach homilies in egypt and plead for religeous harmony as christians are under threat.

But he keeps quiet in US when non whites following another religion get shot.

In fact these muslim countries of south east asia such as malysia or indonesia are safer for hindus than europe or US

After Trump, indians feelings for freedom in america is undergoing a change.

It appears only white skinned can hope for freedom.

Others can give up their lives so that whites enjoy freedom in an unlimited way.

North Korea or Syria can be reduced to a rubble in defence of freedom.

Indian women can be strip searched at airports to make freedon last in US and europe.

Tomorrow india can be carpet bombed because some missionary gets manhandled here while he is trying to convert some adivasi or tribal.

Pope can preach homilies in egypt and plead for religeous harmony as christians are under threat.

But he keeps quiet in US when non whites following another religion get shot.

In fact these muslim countries of south east asia such as malysia or indonesia are safer for hindus than europe or US
A wise post Krish Ji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back