• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Any Recommendation for Weight Loss Salad (Dinner)

Hi,
I'm 34 years old in Wyoming US. I'm trying to loose weight (that I have gained recently). I have been trying to eat some salads for dinner. Any recommendations for salads? I like Caesar Salad but it's at times hard to digest or boring. Any recommendations please?
Hi,
Salads make you hungry fast and also the dressing adds calories.

I have no idea what your gender is as you did not mention.

If you want to eat a good salad you can try some garbenzo beans topped with yogurt and spiced with Indian chat masala...coriander leaves..
Add cut capsicum..add color to your salad..chopped tomatoes etc...there would be enough protein to keep you full.

You can also make a salad using kidney beans and chopped vegs.

If you want dressing, you can make your own..olive oil and lemon juice.

Dont eat salad daily for dinner..you would get bored.
Try to make smoothies to replace dinner.

My personal advice to you is have dinner before sunset.
The digestive fires of the stomach slow down after sunset hence one gains weight with late night eating and mostly its stored as abdominal fat.

Also, I personally have my meals seated on the floor( if I am at home).
Sitting cross legged on the flow helps digestion because less blood flow to lower limbs and more blood goes to the stomach.
The forward bending to eat the food when we are seated on floor also aids digestion..its like doing mini crunches.
It keeps you fit and one would not gain weight as we age.

I am not fond of salads. I would eat Indian salads as side dishes, but not the main course.
Intermittent fasting, portion control, substituting for wheat and rice. I eat barely puliodra it is filling.
Must exercise, join a gym. But everybody is different some plan works for you and may not work for others.
Good luck.

Hi,
Salads make you hungry fast and also the dressing adds calories.

I have no idea what your gender is as you did not mention.

If you want to eat a good salad you can try some garbenzo beans topped with yogurt and spiced with Indian chat masala...coriander leaves..
Add cut capsicum..add color to your salad..chopped tomatoes etc...there would be enough protein to keep you full.

You can also make a salad using kidney beans and chopped vegs.

If you want dressing, you can make your own..olive oil and lemon juice.

Dont eat salad daily for dinner..you would get bored.
Try to make smoothies to replace dinner.

My personal advice to you is have dinner before sunset.
The digestive fires of the stomach slow down after sunset hence one gains weight with late night eating and mostly its stored as abdominal fat.

Also, I personally have my meals seated on the floor( if I am at home).
Sitting cross legged on the flow helps digestion because less blood flow to lower limbs and more blood goes to the stomach.
The forward bending to eat the food when we are seated on floor also aids digestion..its like doing mini crunches.
It keeps you fit and one would not gain weight as we age.
Hi Renuka,

Thanks for the reply! I am a Male. I love the idea of a bean salad.
Most common dinner is always 2 roti's with veg subzi with 1 tablespoon moong daal and lot's of veggies like onion, tomato, ginger, garlic and seasonal veggies.
If I can request, can I know your qualifications?

Regards,
Kuzhapuvan

Last edited:
Hi Renuka,

Thanks for the reply! I am a Male. I love the idea of a bean salad.
Most common dinner is always 2 roti's with veg subzi with 1 tablespoon moong daal and lot's of veggies like onion, tomato, ginger, garlic and seasonal veggies.
If I can request, can I know your qualifications?

Regards,
Kuzhapuvan
You are welcome.
Since you asked my qualifications..
I work as a Medical Doctor.

@renuka
Do you have any recommendations on vegetable subzi, or similar items that you can recommend?

Thanks in Advance!
We use a lot of Tofu and Tempe which are used in vegetarian cooking.
My vegetable cooking is Malaysian style mostly which is a blend of Malay, C hinese and South Indian style which is unique to the region.

For eg we make a savory dish with tomato and pumpkin puree with of fresh South East Asian spices and then add fried cubed Tofu into it.

Another dish I make is young bamboo shoots cooked in coconut milk cooked with turmeric, lemon grass and fresh birds eye chili.

Sometimes the same dish is made with unripe jackfruit.

Otherwise I usually stir fry green leafy vegetables with local spices.

I am not too sure if you are used to this cooking.

Hey there, Good on you for making a healthy choice and trying to shed those extra pounds! Salads are a great way to go. If you're looking to mix things up from the usual Caesar salad, here are a few suggestions I can think of: cobb salad, greek salad, and grilled chicken salad.

Latest ads

Back