• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What to cook and how to eat are 2 very important things we should know as Brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

I god this mail

What to cook and how to eat are 2 very important things we should know as Brahmins have inherited several centuries of art of cooking and serving people. What we eat defines who you are and how you eat determines your behavioural aspect.

The 3 golden rules to eat:
Neer Karukki (warm water)
Ney urukki(ghee)
More perukki (buttermilk)

The rule of rotation must be followed to avoid addiction and to adjust our body to coastal and tropical climate conditions:
4 days cooking with toor dhal
2 days cooking payar dhal
1 day no dhal
(Atleast kalathu paruppu should be changed)

The rasam menu rotation:
3 days tomato rasam
1 day milagu rasam
1 day jeera rasam
1 day lemon rasam
1 day rasam without paruppu

The sambar or main menu item rotation:
2 days sambar
1 day poricha kootu
1 day milagu/ jeera vathal/ poondu/ sundakkai vattha Kuzhambu
1 day more Kuzhambu
1 day should be just with powders like paruppu podi , kariveppilai podi,kothamalli/pudina rice

Rotation of Kaai or side dish:
4 days cooked vegetable curry
1 day Masiyal karunai
1 day salad only
1 day just Appalam or Vadam

Oorgai should be rotated with thugayal for 3 days.
Thayir Pachidi can be added when main menu item is spicy.
Buttermilk should always be there in the menu.

This helps to keep our body cool and our tummy.��
Happy eating to all Mami and Mamas ��

Last edited:
[FONT=&]I god this mail

What to cook and how to eat are 2 very important things we should know as Brahmins have inherited several centuries of art of cooking and serving people. What we eat defines who you are and how you eat determines your behavioural aspect.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The 3 golden rules to eat:[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Neer Karukki (warm water)[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Ney urukki(ghee)[/FONT]
[FONT=&]More perukki (buttermilk)[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The rule of rotation must be followed to avoid addiction and to adjust our body to coastal and tropical climate conditions:[/FONT]

Very good list, easy to follow. However I doubt whether the modern generation which has developed a taste for "Global cuisine" will accept this !

Secondly, will some one suggest simple vegetarian diet chart for octogenerians. Though internet is full of diet charts, they are mostly for western senior citizens.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Very good list, easy to follow. However I doubt whether the modern generation which has developed a taste for "Global cuisine" will accept this !

Secondly, will some one suggest simple vegetarian diet chart for octogenerians. Though internet is full of diet charts, they are mostly for western senior citizens.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

http://www.cookinglight.com/food/vegetarian

https://www.eatrightontario.ca/en/A...ll-with-Diabetes-South-Indian-and-Sri-La.aspx

Last edited:
I god this mail

What to cook and how to eat are 2 very important things we should know as Brahmins have inherited several centuries of art of cooking and serving people. What we eat defines who you are and how you eat determines your behavioural aspect.

The 3 golden rules to eat:
Neer Karukki (warm water)
Ney urukki(ghee)
More perukki (buttermilk)

The rule of rotation must be followed to avoid addiction and to adjust our body to coastal and tropical climate conditions:
4 days cooking with toor dhal
2 days cooking payar dhal
1 day no dhal
(Atleast kalathu paruppu should be changed)

The rasam menu rotation:
3 days tomato rasam
1 day milagu rasam
1 day jeera rasam
1 day lemon rasam
1 day rasam without paruppu

The sambar or main menu item rotation:
2 days sambar
1 day poricha kootu
1 day milagu/ jeera vathal/ poondu/ sundakkai vattha Kuzhambu
1 day more Kuzhambu
1 day should be just with powders like paruppu podi , kariveppilai podi,kothamalli/pudina rice

Rotation of Kaai or side dish:
4 days cooked vegetable curry
1 day Masiyal karunai
1 day salad only
1 day just Appalam or Vadam

Oorgai should be rotated with thugayal for 3 days.
Thayir Pachidi can be added when main menu item is spicy.
Buttermilk should always be there in the menu.

This helps to keep our body cool and our tummy.��
Happy eating to all Mami and Mamas ��

Good post. Informative..

Good post. Informative..
Do you eat the same type of food everyday. Athimber Sir?

My weekly menu is very simple:

Breakfast: Thrice Oat meal with fruits; Thrice bread; Once idly or uppumA.

Lunch: Twice sAmbar + curry; once rasam + usili (beans/ carrot); once miLagu kuzhambu + curry;

once kaRivEppilai kuzhambu + curry; once moLagoottal + appalam / finger chips; Sunday special is poori + potato.

Tea time: Coffee with biscuits / rusk and one fruit.

Dinner: Idly / dhOsA / ravA uppumA / sEmiyA uppumA / chappAthi / adai - with some thottikaRadhukku. :cool:

Do you eat the same type of food everyday. Athimber Sir?

My weekly menu is very simple:

Breakfast: Thrice Oat meal with fruits; Thrice bread; Once idly or uppumA.

Lunch: Twice sAmbar + curry; once rasam + usili (beans/ carrot); once miLagu kuzhambu + curry;

once kaRivEppilai kuzhambu + curry; once moLagoottal + appalam / finger chips; Sunday special is poori + potato.

Tea time: Coffee with biscuits / rusk and one fruit.

Dinner: Idly / dhOsA / ravA uppumA / sEmiyA uppumA / chappAthi / adai - with some thottikaRadhukku. :cool:
Dear madam,

I always prefer lighter foods which I can easily cook. I didn't have the expertise to cook variety foods. I used to try them occasionally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back