• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What are the tools to liberate our SOUL ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear manwar !
i think one more topic like how to get rid of desire posted by sri Raghy with different words .
waiting to read more meaningful explanation without deviation from main question.
guruvayurappan

dear manwar !
i think one more topic like how to get rid of desire posted by sri Raghy with different words .
waiting to read more meaningful explanation without deviation from main question.
guruvayurappan

Dear Guru,

How to get rid of desire could be one of the thread out of many, to liberate our soul, Thanks. :director:

Hi Every body,

Welcome to new discussions about liberation of soul as how can we liberate it from the bondage of life and death and what are the mechanism to obtain salvation?

It is mind boggling subject but it is imperative to know the TRUTH !

Simple...tools needed are

Google Search! ha ha ha

Hi Every body,

Welcome to new discussions about liberation of soul as how can we liberate it from the bondage of life and death and what are the mechanism to obtain salvation?

It is mind boggling subject but it is imperative to know the TRUTH !
hi
according to adi shankara in brahmasutra bhashya.....first sutra says....adhato brahma jinjnasa....in this sutra sankara bhasyam....

4 tools explaining very welll.....

1, nityaaanityaa vasthu vivekaha....means knowledge of mortal/immortal thing....

2, ihaaamuthra bhoga viragaha.....means removal of materialistic desires of this world/ other worlds...

3 samadamati sadhana sampath.....controlling of mind and sadhana of sama/dama sadhana chathustayam....

4 mumukshatvam......desire to achieve moksha...means liberation...

these are 4 tools are main mechanism to obtain salvation......just my limited knowledge....

hi
according to adi shankara in brahmasutra bhashya.....first sutra says....adhato brahma jinjnasa....in this sutra sankara bhasyam....

4 tools explaining very welll.....

1, nityaaanityaa vasthu vivekaha....means knowledge of mortal/immortal thing....

2, ihaaamuthra bhoga viragaha.....means removal of materialistic desires of this world/ other worlds...

3 samadamati sadhana sampath.....controlling of mind and sadhana of sama/dama sadhana chathustayam....

4 mumukshatvam......desire to achieve moksha...means liberation...

these are 4 tools are main mechanism to obtain salvation......just my limited knowledge....

Dear TBS,

You said "knowledge of mortal/immortal thing". Kindly elaborate it more because it is knowledge ultimately.

Dear TBS,

You said "knowledge of mortal/immortal thing". Kindly elaborate it more because it is knowledge ultimately.
hi
mortal thing is world/sarira....immortal is brahman....the ultimate reality...omni present...the real knowlwdge of brahman...

the ultimate truth for liberation....nitya means permanent....anitya is temporary....vasthu means thing/object....

vivekaha means analysis.....is called NITYAANITYA VASTHU VIVEKAHA....

Quotes from Yoga Vasishta on Liberated Soul on Earth
He who does not have an egoistic disposition of the mind and whose intellect is not tainted whether he is engaged in action or not, is said to be liberated while living.

Whom the world is not afraid of and who is not afraid of the world and who is free from exultation, anger and fear, he is said to be liberated while living.
Yoga Vasishta

He is a jivanmukti who preserves equanimity of mind, either when revered by the good or reviled by the vicious. He has cognized the nature of Brahman and is not subject to rebirth as before. An ascetic, having known himself, is not at all affected by any of his karmas at any time. He is Atma, all-full, beginningless, endless, immeasurable, unchangeable, replete with Truth, Consciousness and Bliss.

There are many routes to become a liberated soul. To list the most important ones here:

1. Dharma nishtai

2. becoming an Atma Vedi through search and realization.

3. Practising Bhakti Yoga and doing Nama Samkirtan.

All these three are treacherous because the residual "I" remains in tact. It is the "I" that is subjected to nishtai in path 1. The residual "I" enjoys the fruits of the nishtai whether "it" likes it or not. In the route 2 it is the "I" that realizes it is part of the universal consciousness. There is no disappearance of "I". In route 3 after bhakti interludes the "I" comes and stays always in the background. So the essence of atma is that the "I" stays always. After death it is a paradigm shift and we do not know anything about what happens to the I consciousness. Is there a way to leave the "I" as it is and find a way around to liberation? Yes it is there. It is a technique called saranagati. If you understand saranagati properly and practice it just once, it certainly delivers. It has been tried by many and found to be effective. So there is no need to despair.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back