• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

We came to US to become Americans not Indian-Americans, says Bobby Jindal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renuka JI - LOL !! these people asking for sick leaves for pongal are innocent "appavi pasanga" kids compared to the thugs that roam this world !! you are lucky to have such people around you !!

Dear JK,

Starting the day with falsehood is not appavi.

The same thing happened on the Sorgavasal day ..many did not go to work the next day cos they were at the Vishnu temple for many hours and came for sick leave the next day.

I did not give them sick leave ..I told them that after Sorgavasal ..you should be at your Office Vasal!

So you see the whole idea of culture and tradition is not understood.

I too many many years ago had attended religious functions all night long but still went to work the next day cos what is the use of praying if we miss work the next day?
Then there is no spirit of sacrifice.

So JK Ji..even so called Appavis lack values.

There seems to be a total disconnect of culture/tradition from day to day life.

People view them as separate and feel they need to fulfill the culture/tradition quota at any cost even to the extent of compromising work and duty.

I dont think that is what Religion truly advocates.

Dear JK,

Starting the day with falsehood is not appavi.

The same thing happened on the Sorgavasal day ..many did not go to work the next day cos they were at the Vishnu temple for many hours and came for sick leave the next day.

I did not give them sick leave ..I told them that after Sorgavasal ..you should be at your Office Vasal!

So you see the whole idea of culture and tradition is not understood.

I too many many years ago had attended religious functions all night long but still went to work the next day cos what is the use of praying if we miss work the next day?
Then there is no spirit of sacrifice.

So JK Ji..even so called Appavis lack values.

There seems to be a total disconnect of culture/tradition from day to day life.

People view them as separate and feel they need to fulfill the culture/tradition quota at any cost even to the extent of compromising work and duty.

I dont think that is what Religion truly advocates.
hi renu

.I told them that after Sorgavasal ..you should be at your Office Vasal!

i can't control laughing....lol

TBS - Agree, our Indian metros are changing dramatically & again this is due to the overwhelming influence of the west !! if we all sing to the tune of the west, what will our kids do. they will dance to the tune of the west ! LOL !. so we need to forget the fascination of the west & start focusing on our culture & traditions, then our kids will value them. if we don't value our country, religion, etc.. why will our kids value them ?????????

Renuka JI – Most of us live in the real world not fantasyland, so for us, these people are “appavi pasanga” compared to the thugs,murderers, fraudsters, double talkers etc.. LOL !!

TBS - Agree, our Indian metros are changing dramatically & again this is due to the overwhelming influence of the west !! if we all sing to the tune of the west, what will our kids do. they will dance to the tune of the west ! LOL !. so we need to forget the fascination of the west & start focusing on our culture & traditions, then our kids will value them. if we don't value our country, religion, etc.. why will our kids value them ?????????
hi

how many indian tambhram families in tamil nadu ready to send their child VEDA PATASHALA WITH KUDUMI?...

i studied in veda patashala for 6 years...then what about our VEDAS?.....WHO WILL TEACH VEDAS?....WHO

WILL LEARN VEDAS?....see discuss issues are fine...but reality is tough...

Renuka JI – Most of us live in the real world not fantasyland, so for us, these people are “appavi pasanga” compared to the thugs,murderers, fraudsters, double talkers etc.. LOL !!

Dear JK,

Nope..for me there is no difference....with lack of values ..people eventually escalate into corruption and later organized crimes.

So there is no lesser degree Appavi and higher degree criminal.

Falsehood is falsehood..there is no such thing as a one being an appavi in this case.

TBS - lets not swing between extremes. either study in veda patashalas OR give up everything & adopt western lifestyle. Infact, I am not even advocating today's kids to do Sandhyavandanam, my point is they should learn about our religion, culture, traditions, philosophy, visit temples as and when they find time, & perform some if not all of the mantras/rituals !!. if the evengelicals in the west can go to church, our 2nd/3rd gen kids can very well go to temples !!

Renuka JI - you are in the treta Yugam & rest of us in Kali Yugam :) so in this ever changing world, we adore people who lie to ask sick leaves compared to the thugs, politicians, murders etc.. LOL !!

TBS - if the Christian families in the west can pray to God before dinner, why cannot we pray to our Gods??? NRIs first need to be proud of themselves, their country, their culture, religion etc.. once there is pride in ourselves, the kids will continue them for eternity. No need to teach them. what parents value, the children will follow !!

aWe came to US to become Americans not Indian-Americans, says Bobby Jindal.

People from India migrate to other Countries to become citizens of that Country. But they cannot leave their ethnicity
which is Indian. How ever if they marry spouse from other ethnic groups then they are called Anglo-Indians, East-Indians or Luso-Indians. Bobbly Jindal is correct to the extant that a citizen of US is called American, nothing more.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

There are dedicated Veda patashalas, comprehensive and integrated gurukuls teaching 3Rs and oriental schools teaching wider subjects. Perhaps now we should include all brahmanas in bharatavarsha.

There is a big difference now when compared to the past age. The Vedas are available to all in multi formats, multiple interpretation from a wider public, only traditional rendering and conducting yagams is in the control of brahmanas.

hi

how many indian tambhram families in tamil nadu ready to send their child VEDA PATASHALA WITH KUDUMI?...

i studied in veda patashala for 6 years...then what about our VEDAS?.....WHO WILL TEACH VEDAS?....WHO

WILL LEARN VEDAS?....see discuss issues are fine...but reality is tough...

Kudumi too has metamorphed into bhagavathar, close cut, Bob and pony hair styles. Basic shika, pundram, veshti and poonul are there.

Renuka JI - you are in the treta Yugam & rest of us in Kali Yugam :) so in this ever changing world, we adore people who lie to ask sick leaves compared to the thugs, politicians, murders etc.. LOL !!

LOL! So its twisted values? Truth should stand true in all Yugas.

But too bad I cant start my day by giving sick leaves for fake cases!LOL

Hi Renuka,

Pl tell me how many people in today’s world ask for sick leaveto go to temples, attend religious festivals ???

People lie & take leave for going to movies, loiteraround at home after drinking heavily the previous night, go for many quickies duringoffice hours… etc… LOL !!

So, yes, these people are great compared to the decadentwestern culture that is percolating all over the world !!

Cheers,

Kudumi too has metamorphed into bhagavathar, close cut, Bob and pony hair styles. Basic shika, pundram, veshti and poonul are there.

attachment.php

Attachments

• kudumis.jpg
    kudumis.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Hi Renuka,

Pl tell me how many people in today’s world ask for sick leaveto go to temples, attend religious festivals ???

People lie & take leave for going to movies, loiteraround at home after drinking heavily the previous night, go for many quickies duringoffice hours… etc… LOL !!

So, yes, these people are great compared to the decadentwestern culture that is percolating all over the world !!

Cheers,

Ok..so there are great liars and also not so great liars.

I totally understand now.

Jindal has become an islamphobic. He has said that there are pockets in the west where non Muslims are not allowed. And non Muslims cannot stay in Muslim majority areas.
Modi has said more than once in his election rallies, that India will accommodate Hindus from any part of the world if threatened, rights canceled or facing death. The threat of forming enclaves in many countries of Europe is real.

Here is a response from Birmingham Mayor
Birmingham Mayor: ?No-Go? Zone Label Is ?Totally Unfair? | Here & Now

A snippet from the article
Birmingham Mayor: ‘No-Go’ Zone Label Is ‘Totally Unfair’
"I think for someone to make comments like that about Birmingham is totally unfair,” Shah said. “Birmingham is a great city, it’s a very diverse city, and here we have people from all sorts of backgrounds and religions… It’s a place where people don’t just tolerate each other, but build friendships.”

Though offended, Councillor Shah sees a silver lining. In response to the accusation, citizens of Birmingham came together to defend their home. “In a way,” Councillor Shah said, “it’s brought people of Birmingham together. They are very proud to be a British citizen and also very proud to belong to a Muslim religion.”

Here is a response from Birmingham Mayor
Birmingham Mayor: ?No-Go? Zone Label Is ?Totally Unfair? | Here & Now

A snippet from the article
Birmingham Mayor: ‘No-Go’ Zone Label Is ‘Totally Unfair’
"I think for someone to make comments like that about Birmingham is totally unfair,” Shah said. “Birmingham is a great city, it’s a very diverse city, and here we have people from all sorts of backgrounds and religions… It’s a place where people don’t just tolerate each other, but build friendships.”

Though offended, Councillor Shah sees a silver lining. In response to the accusation, citizens of Birmingham came together to defend their home. “In a way,” Councillor Shah said, “it’s brought people of Birmingham together. They are very proud to be a British citizen and also very proud to belong to a Muslim religion.”

Fox News pundit Steve Emerson drew international ridicule for claiming Birmingham, England, was a "no-go zone" for non-Muslims (FAIR Blog, 1/12/15). But he was far from alone on Fox in advancing this xenophobic fantasy of urban areas lost to Western civilization.
Fox generally characterized these "no-go zones" as isolated, predominantly Muslim areas under Sharia law that are breeding grounds for terrorists. Critically, they claimed that police and other non-Muslims were barred entry from such neighborhoods.

Bobby Jindal and rest of the republican are just mouthing their master's views.
attachment.php

Lashing out at Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal for recently stating that he is American and not 'Indian American', an influential US lawmaker, who is highly regarded among Indian Americans, has said that Jindal has an "identity crisis".

"To some degree it looks like Jindal has some kind of an identity crisis. That is too bad for him," Congressman Joe Crowley, told when asked about the recent statement by Jindal wherein he distanced himself from being called as Indian American preferring to be just an 'American'.

"My parents came in search of the American Dream, and they caught it. To them, America was not so much a place, it was an idea. My dad and mom told my brother and me that we came to America to be Americans. Not Indian-Americans, simply Americans," Jindal said in a speech in London this week.

"I am from New York. I am very proud of my Irish roots. Be it Irish-American or an American Irish, there is no question that I am an American first. Maybe it is unfortunate that he feels that to overly demonstrate the fact that he is an American. I do not apologise where my ancestors came from, I let it shine, I applaud it," Crowley said.

A lawmaker from New York, Crowley is one of the founding members of the Congressional Caucus on India and Indian Americans and its former co-chair, which is now held by Indian American Congressman Ami Bera.
Bobby Jindal has identity crisis: US Congressman - The Times of India

attachment.php

Why Piyush "Bobby" Jindal would disdain his "Indian-American" nomenclature when it is one of the best-regarded, most-respected ethnic identities in the US may forever remain a mystery. The simple explanation Louisiana's India-conceived (by his own disclosure) and US-born governor is that his parents brought him to America to be an American, not an Indian-American. As if that smackdown of his heritage wasn't enough, he added, unnecessarily and snarkily, that if they wanted him to be Indian, they'd have remained in India.

No such disparagement exists among most of the US's 3-million plus Indian-Americans of a wide variety - from people of Indian-origin (PIOs) whose ancestors migrated from India and came to the US via third countries, to more recent NRIs who emigrated in the sixties and seventies and took up citizenship or permanent residency, to the real Indian-Americans - offspring of mixed marriages between Indians and Americans.

Such is the prestige attached to Indian-Americans, from being the best-educated (80% have a college degree compared to the national average of 28%) to the highest earning ($88,538 compared to national average of $50,221) residents of the US, that they are the envy of many other ethnicities. Some Pakistani-Americans have even written about trying to pass off as Indian-Americans because of the stigma attached to their country because of its association with terrorism.

Attachments

• Obama-toon.jpg
    Obama-toon.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
The Louisiana governor's new 2016 rebrand is not just an embarrassment — it's worse. Here's why
and to a lesser extent to other PIO's.

Of the many rituals that accompany U.S. politics, one of the least-important but most-discussed is the spectacle of watching a hopeless, clueless and joyless presidential campaign falter on the runway before swiftly concluding in a fiery crash. Every four years, there’s at least one — and often more than one — such campaign. The candidate is usually already a figure of derision among the press, and it’s often not clear to outsiders whether even they truly believe they will, or even should, become the president. The whole quadrennial enterprise tends to be either a guilty pleasure or a cause for sorrow, depending on how idealistic (and sadistic) you are already.

At this point, it’s too early to know for sure who will fill these designated roles in the 2016 presidential race. And if former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton nabs the Democratic nomination with little effort, as many expect, the potential cast of characters will be smaller than is the norm. Still, it’s starting to look like there will be at least one presidential candidate who will waste everyone’s time by pursuing the White House. I’m thinking, of course, about the nascent presidential campaign of Gov. Bobby Jindal, who has begun flirting with some noxious forces in our society, and who is otherwise completely undeserving of anyone outside of Louisiana’s attention. Jindal will never be president — but whether his campaign is remembered as a routine failure, or a shameful disgrace, is far less certain.

I think TBS garu has hit it on the head. Piyush is ashamed of his brown skin. What more explanation is required for his behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back