• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Walking-stick...2....tvk

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk4646

WALKING-STICK…2…

Thirunelveli is a ‘mid-sized’ town situated in South India..This Thirunelveli and its surroundings became very famous because of two ‘things’…

Out of the two.. Still One “keeps the flag flying high” for Thirunelveli …that is the Thirunelveli HALWA… Most of the people who knows about Thirunelveli Halwa will remember always the mouth-watering taste and the aroma of fresh ghee blended into it.. The IRUTTUK KADAI which is situated just opposite to the Nellaiyappar Temple is the one which brought-in Name and fame world-wide…not only for the Halwa but for Thirunelveli also..and it exists for the past eight decades..

Iruttu Kadai - Tirunelveli Halwa Shop - YouTube

The Second and the trustworthy famous ‘thing’ of Thirunelveli was the ‘ARUVAA’ .. Tamil name of a handy tool used for cutting, chopping of trees … Every street-vendor of tender coconut will be using this to cut the external hard skin ..chop it off and make it as cone shaped so that tender coconut water can be taken directly with a straw..This Aruvaa will be of varius shapes..some will be parabolic, some semi-circle and some with straight blade depending upon the type of use…but all of them will have very shorp tip and blade.. Apart from domestic and agriculture ..our Thirunelveli brethren used this ‘Aruvaa’ as more effective weapon against opponents to settle family feuds, land disputes, caste clashes etc..

’SEEVUDAA’..[சீவுடா..] is a Tamil Word which generally used for telling someone to COMB his Hair…The same ’SEEVUDAA’ ..with a different expression [mostly in anger..] is an instruction to someone to SEVER someone’s Head from his body.. .!! There were artistic exponents who could separate the head from anyone’s body with a single Swish of Aruvaa..Many people in the society believed Aruvaa will render fast and instantaneous justice ..better than judiciary and police..Some were punished by law, some escaped and some were lost their life in Revenge killings but everyone considered family honour was most important and it should be maintained at any cost.. Blood flowed like the water flow in Tamirabarani river ofThirunelveli Town during Group clashes.. But with all that ALL the Thirunelvelians are considered as most adjustable, accommodative and everyone will be good to everyone unless provoked…

HALWA and ARUVAA verywell complimented for the predominance of Thirunelveli…

Halwa for HOSPITALITY..and Aruvaa for BRUTALITY… !!

Sunday..Afternoon…after a ‘bit’ of pleading My father started the story…the story of ‘Walking-Stick’…

[ I have written this story from here in ‘my style’ of narration ..but the contents are same as told by my Father..
Yes...yes..as you suspect..’Kerchief’ is made as ‘Bed-Sheet’…!! ]

TVK

Sir,

I think Tirunelveli will be famous shortly, for multipurpose Walking Stick too?

Regards

P.S: Thank God, when I visit Tirunelveli next time, shall certainly keep distance with senior citizens who use Walking Stick.
:)

Sir,

I think Tirunelveli will be famous shortly, for multipurpose Walking Stick too?

Regards

P.S: Thank God, when I visit Tirunelveli next time, shall certainly keep distance with senior citizens who use Walking Stick.
:)

How about getting one for Kunjuppu Sir..?!

TVK

This image is to make Balu Sir :scared:

Antique_Walking_Stick_with_concealed_knife_117677240.jpg

Source: antique-walking-stick-concealed-knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back