• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Walking-stick...11..tvk

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk4646

Walking-Stick--11

Having completed my schooling I was about to leave Thenkasi for my higher studies.. and apart from that Father was also arranging to shift the family from Thankasi.. He was under the process of selling the house as well as the land-holdings in and around of Thenkasi….

Leaving Thenkasi permanently made me ‘home sick’ and brought in all my child hood memories like flashback.. My adventures in Courtallam hills, the trekking, the long distance running from Thenkasi to Thirunelveli, Hide-seek and escape from the bear while climbing to the Honey falls..everything started to float like clouds of rainy season.. I could not sleep properly when the ‘D’ day approaches as the childhood memories haunted me .. I lost count of how many times I met my friends to take leave or how many times I cycled to courtallam falls to take bath..and I knew I can visit Thenkasi only occasionally to worship our family deity at Aykudi…

Just couple of days before my departure…the memories of Walking-stick struck me.. It happened when we were removing the materials from the Attic to dispose of unwanted and to pack the needed….which inturn made me to recollect the story of Walking-stick…and then to the Untold part by Father.. I desired to know the remaining story from my Father.. So after dinner I broached and reminded father about the story of Walking-Stick.. I expressed my desire to know the remaining part as I would be leaving in couple of days.. Father was silent for few minutes and asked me to remind him next day afternoon as he has to recollect.. I accepted it because the story was told by him about 5 to 6 years back…

Next day afternoon Father himself called me and told the remaining part….

I didn’t like to tell you the full story by that time since you were very young..Father started…

Pandy got his sister married to his youngest uncle at Madurai.. Unfortunately his mother passed away two months after that..But Pandy continued his life alone and carried his agriculture activities..His uncles were on the look-out for a suitable bride for Pandy…

But Maadasamy’s life was NOT rosy..and peaceful..

TVK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back