• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vedam

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can vedam pe be practiced at home alone?...

I wd like to become thorough in reciting the vedas especially UDAKA SHANTI, ACHIDRAM ashwamedham and the fourth Upanishad (Mahanarayanopanishad)...... How to practice alone I dont know?... what is the way?... kindly provide me with some idea.... THANKS..

I wd like to become thorough in reciting the vedas especially UDAKA SHANTI, ACHIDRAM ashwamedham and the fourth Upanishad (Mahanarayanopanishad)...... How to practice alone I dont know?... what is the way?... kindly provide me with some idea.... THANKS..
please someone reply to this message..... any pundit...scholar who have byhearted this mantrams........ how did u achieve it?.. rs iyer

I want to resume my postings in this thread based on my recent study of the Vedas. But I am sorry, I can not provide an English translation, which the rules of the forum require. May I request our members whether any one can translate my Tamil postings into English?

vikrama,

While i am no Tamizh Pundithan,i sure can try,thru PM with you,after your approval of the essence of the message,i can post.Just in case howlers are done by my translation,then i shud not hurt anybody's perceived hurt.Please think it over,i'm sure,there are bonafide tamizh taecher's well versed in our forum.

nachi naga.

Mutual dependence

Dear Sri Nachi Naga,
Thank you for prompt response and offer to co-operate. It is a good augury since the topic to be taken up is mutual dependence.

You need not worry about 100% accuracy of your translation since our moderators insist that a stale bread is better than no bread at all.

If at all you commit mistakes, which is most unlikely, our members who are well versed in both languages will correct and I will also step in.

So you need not take the circuitous route of personal message. You can post your translation straightaway in this thread at your earliest convenience and I will post my next only after the lapse of a reasonable time.
So let me start now.

தொன்னைக்கு நெய் ஆதாரமா, நெய்க்கு தொன்னை ஆதாரமா? - இது நம்மிடையே பிரபலமாக இருந்து வரும் ஒரு வழக்காற்றுக் கேள்வி.
மேலழுந்தவாரியாகப் பார்ப்பவர்களுக்கு, தொன்னை தான் நெய்க்கு ஆதாரம் என்று தோன்றும்.

நெய்யும் தொன்னைக்கு ஆதாரமாக இருக்கிறது என்பது தான் உண்மை.

எப்படி?

வாழை இலையால் புதிதாகச் செய்யப்பட்ட தொன்னையின் அடிப்பாகம் தட்டையாக இல்லாமல் மேடு பள்ளமாக இருப்பதையும் அது நேராக உட்கார முடியாமல் ஒருக்களித்துக் கொள்வதையும் பார்த்திருக்கிறோம். அதில் நிறைய திரவ ரூபமான நெய்யை ஊற்றிய பிறகு தான் அதன் அடிப்பரப்பு சமமாக ஆக்கப்படுகிறது. அது பிறழாமல் தடுக்கப்படுகிறது.

எனவே இவ்விரண்டும் ஒன்றை ஒன்று சார்ந்திருக்கின்றன என்பதை அறிய முடிகிறது.

இதற்கும் வேதத்திற்கும் என்ன சம்பந்தம்?

பொறுத்திருந்து பார்ப்போம்.

re

Dear Sri Nachi Naga,
Thank you for prompt response and offer to co-operate. It is a good augury since the topic to be taken up is mutual dependence.

You need not worry about 100% accuracy of your translation since our moderators insist that a stale bread is better than no bread at all.

If at all you commit mistakes, which is most unlikely, our members who are well versed in both languages will correct and I will also step in.

So you need not take the circuitous route of personal message. You can post your translation straightaway in this thread at your earliest convenience and I will post my next only after the lapse of a reasonable time.
So let me start now.

தொன்னைக்கு நெய் ஆதாரமா, நெய்க்கு தொன்னை ஆதாரமா? - இது நம்மிடையே பிரபலமாக இருந்து வரும் ஒரு வழக்காற்றுக் கேள்வி.
மேலழுந்தவாரியாகப் பார்ப்பவர்களுக்கு, தொன்னை தான் நெய்க்கு ஆதாரம் என்று தோன்றும்.

நெய்யும் தொன்னைக்கு ஆதாரமாக இருக்கிறது என்பது தான் உண்மை.

எப்படி?

வாழை இலையால் புதிதாகச் செய்யப்பட்ட தொன்னையின் அடிப்பாகம் தட்டையாக இல்லாமல் மேடு பள்ளமாக இருப்பதையும் அது நேராக உட்கார முடியாமல் ஒருக்களித்துக் கொள்வதையும் பார்த்திருக்கிறோம். அதில் நிறைய திரவ ரூபமான நெய்யை ஊற்றிய பிறகு தான் அதன் அடிப்பரப்பு சமமாக ஆக்கப்படுகிறது. அது பிறழாமல் தடுக்கப்படுகிறது.

எனவே இவ்விரண்டும் ஒன்றை ஒன்று சார்ந்திருக்கின்றன என்பதை அறிய முடிகிறது.

இதற்கும் வேதத்திற்கும் என்ன சம்பந்தம்?

பொறுத்திருந்து பார்ப்போம்.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dhonnai ----->Cup like container,made of dried leaves,usually bannana leaves.

Nei-------->Ghee,clarfied butter from cows milk.

Aadharam-------> Proof,or sometimes in a different context foundation.

Is,a cup like container,made of dried leaves,usually bananna leaves;is able to hold clarified butter or is clarified butter is the cause for creating a cup like container?This has been a popular question in life for us,humanity.

On an superficial level,the physical view would be,the cup is the foundation or proof of creation as an object.

Actually,Clarified butter is inclusive as the very foundation or proof of existence as truth.

How?

The material used,while using handicraft method,produces the cup,with the bottom portion,as not being totally symettrical to hold a liquid while hot,semi-solid during room temperature, has a wobble, tilting the balance to some extent,giving way to probable spillage,which we have witnessed from time to time.When the transformation of clarified butter to solid takes place,a sense of stability takes place,for the container as well as the transformed clarified butter.Thereby avoiding spillage.

Therefore we are able to infer,both are complimentary to each other.To be stable.

What is the relationship,to Vedams with the above example?

Lets be patient and await further postings.

-----------------------------------------------------
vikrama,

i noticed,that this thread has been started by s007bala,who has been banned.

my sense of freedom of speech ethic, does not permit me,to continue to translate any further.

i recuse myself from the offer,with the exception of the first tamizh writings,by your good self.

may i request,some other tamizhan,to translate from now on.as i personally feel bala should be re-instated.which i am sure is not going to happen.

nachi naga.

Thank you Sri Nach Naga for the translation. I wonder how you didn't notice that this thread was started by your banned friend, before consenting to help me. Anyway, thanks for the work done so far.
I will continue if someone else comes forward to translate.

Here is a translation of an article by Sri Vikrama in Tamil.

Yoapaam pushpam veda.

The rishi stands below the tall peaks of the Himalayas. They glitter like gold and silver in the morning sun. Water oozes out from under the huge ice-boulders. All around him flow countless streams. The small ones merge into big ones, become rivulets and then form mighty rivers. Their speed is amazing – as if a mother is rushing to feed her child crying out of hunger.

How merciful God is! Far away somewhere, in the oceans, lies a vast expanse of water unfit to be used by people. God evaporates them, takes them to the heights, deposits them as snow, melts them, makes them into rivers, quenches the thirst of people, animals and plants and enables the plants to prepare food for other living beings.

Hush…. The clouds are muttering some secrets into the poet’s ears. The poet is translating them into mantras and gives them to us. Let us listen to him.

(What follows is not a translation but an interpretation of a hymn found in Taintiriya Aranyaka, where the interdependence of the elements of the universe is beautifully brought out in a poetic form)

O water drops, from the deep oceans you have come to the highest point on earth. What is your next goal? Are you going to the moon?

O water drops, Were you born of fire? So it should be. OK, then what is the basis of fire? Is it not based on water?

Were you born of wind? Then what is the basis of wind? Is it not your child?

This scorching sun, is he your base, o waters? So it should be. What is the basis of sun? Water, isn’t it?

Were you born of the moon? Was the moon born of you?

Are you dependent on the stars? Or, are the stars depend on you?

Were you born of the clouds? Or, are the clouds your offspring?

O waters, I am sure that the seasons are your basis? That the seasons depend on water is also true.

A very large part of the earth is covered by water. The land surface on which we live is like a boat. Whoever knows the secrets of these will be blessed with progeny and wealth.

We salute the emperor, the great vanquisher, Kubera. He, being the lord of wealth, may fulfill my desire that there may be no dearth of water around me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back