• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

US Open triumph: Sania Mirza serves up an ace against haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Tennis ace Sania Mirza clinched her third Grand Slam mixed doubles title partnering Brazil’s Bruno Soares to win the US Open final tie against Abigail Spears and Santiago Gonzalez. This comes in the wake of Sania’s commendable performance in the doubles event where she and partner Cara Black went out in the semi-finals against the unseeded pair of Flavia Pennetta and Martina Hingis. Sania’s strong showing over the last fortnight reinforces the fact that she is one of the top doubles players in the world.

That Sania has now managed to make it to six Grand Slam finals says a lot about her skills as a player. That she is the only female tennis player who is carrying the Indian flag at the highest level of the game is something that all Indians should be proud of.

How many Members can join In Praising an Indian who happens to follow a non-hindu religion. I know there will be opposition.

Thanks Vgeneji for being a true Indian, and not ...........

Left teary-eyed after her Indianness was put into question just weeks back, tennis star Sania Mirza dedicated her US Open title to the country and the new state of Telangana, where her appointment as brand ambassador triggered a political furore.

Last night, the first-time combination of Sania and Brazil's Bruno Soares clicked brilliantly as they secured a close win in the final to win the mixed doubles trophy.

"I am very happy, it's great to win it with Bruno. For the first time we played together, it's been great two weeks. I dedicate this victory to everybody in India, my country, and to the state of Telangana and all people of Telangana," Sania told PTI from New York after winning the final.
Sania dedicates US Open title to Telangana and India

True pseudo secularism blaringly exhibited. Hundreds of Indians have won medals and trophies in international sports events. They are fit to be ignored, but this win has to be hoisted on a high pole and used as a challenge 'for or against'. How immature and alquaidic?
Side info: there were reports that it was an arranged marriage and not love marriage. Only time can tell what were the pressures.

A whining ............ at the moon, does it hurt the moon.
How low can we be that do not recognize achievement by another Indian.
What a narrow minded person.

thi khun se lath-path kayaphir bhi banduk uthake
das-das ko ek ne mara
phir gir gaye hosh gava ke
jab ant-samay aaya to
kah gaye ke ab marate hai
khush rahenadesh ke pyaro
ab ham to safar karate hai

kya log the vo divane
kya log the vo abhimani
jo shahid...

They did not see religion, wo tho sab bharatvasi.

A valid point raised is whether the brand ambassador of Telengana should be a resident of Telengana. Sania is a resident of Dubai. Should Tamil Nadu should Katrina Kaif as its brand ambassador?

Nobody says Sania is not Indian. However she is not representing India in the tournament. US Open is an individual tournament. It is not the Davis Cup. If she represents India in Federation Cup, more power to her.

Of course the same arguments can be made about V. Anand who resides in Spain.

Amitab Batchan is the brand ambassador of Gujarat state. He is from UP and resides in Mumbai.

Amitab is brand ambassador for tourism. He offered his services to promote tourism in front of modi during launch of his film 'pa'; accepted by modi on the stage. He has spent several days of ad shoot for tourism promotion. For the present we will ignore adverse comments and actions of sania against Hyderabad and India, and wait for telangana brand ambassador's future promotion plans for telangana.

Venkatraman Ramakrishnan, born in Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, shared the 2009 Nobel Prize in Chemistry as a US Citizen. Did we have difficulty is accepting him and celebrating his achievement. He too was of Indian origin and of dubious religious faith.

Hargobind khorana , a person of Indian origin, shared the 1968 Nobel Prize in Physiology . He had left India in 1945 and became a naturalised United States citizen in the 1966.

Let us accept apply a uniform rule.
Indian constitution accepts that its citizen can follow any religion.

Tennis player and winner of the recent US Open Mixed Doubles Sania Mirza on Friday called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Last week, Prime Minister Modi had congratulated the tennis ace for winning the Grand Slam title. "Congratulations to Sania Mirza for the victory in the US Open Mixed Doubles Finals. We are very proud of the achievement," the Prime Minister had said.

May be the memo did not reach ..........

I think Indians should be proud of the achievement, as much one can be proud of the achievement of an NRI. Let me repeat that V Anand is in the same boat.

And Prasadji's point is well taken, India really has only 2 or 3 Nobel laureates. The rest can only count towards India's kitty if the Nobel winners are Indian citizens. I doubt Amartya Sen or S. Chandrashekhar or H. Kurana fall in that category.

Tennis ace Sania Mirza clinched her third Grand Slam mixed doubles title partnering Brazil’s Bruno Soares to win the US Open final tie against Abigail Spears and Santiago Gonzalez. This comes in the wake of Sania’s commendable performance in the doubles event where she and partner Cara Black went out in the semi-finals against the unseeded pair of Flavia Pennetta and Martina Hingis. Sania’s strong showing over the last fortnight reinforces the fact that she is one of the top doubles players in the world.

That Sania has now managed to make it to six Grand Slam finals says a lot about her skills as a player. That she is the only female tennis player who is carrying the Indian flag at the highest level of the game is something that all Indians should be proud of.

How many Members can join In Praising an Indian who happens to follow a non-hindu religion. I know there will be opposition.

I think you are over acting. Sania Mirza is a good player.

Being an Indian, she has all liberties to pursue her sports career, despite being a Muslim. Such freedom is also there in Western countries. Can she pursue her tennis career in any Islamic country in her current dress style? Will she be allowed to play Tennis?

She should be extremely grateful to India for this freedom. Can she continue to stay in India after her Tennis career?

Please check and tell.

I think Indians should be proud of the achievement, as much one can be proud of the achievement of an NRI. Let me repeat that V Anand is in the same boat.

And Prasadji's point is well taken, India really has only 2 or 3 Nobel laureates. The rest can only count towards India's kitty if the Nobel winners are Indian citizens. I doubt Amartya Sen or S. Chandrashekhar or H. Kurana fall in that category.

Amartya Sen is probably an Indian citizen, since he was awarded with Bharat Ratna, whereas Venkataraman Ramakrishnan was awarded only with Padma Vibhushan.

In fact, her husband must encourage her to take pakistani citizenship, as she will bring immense fame to pakistani tennis and the country.

Vishwanathan anand chose to be close to his coach, a spanish, and gives him lot of credit for his achievements and wins. He bought a house in madrid to be close to him. He continued to stay in spain even after his coach passed away.

I think you are over acting. Sania Mirza is a good player.

Being an Indian, she has all liberties to pursue her sports career, despite being a Muslim. Such freedom is also there in Western countries. Can she pursue her tennis career in any Islamic country in her current dress style? Will she be allowed to play Tennis?

She should be extremely grateful to India for this freedom. Can she continue to stay in India after her Tennis career?

Please check and tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back