• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Try answer this situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Once there was loving couple traveling in a bus in a mountainous area. They decided to get down at some unscheduled place. They were the only two to get down and no one boarded too. After the couple got down the bus moved on.
As the bus moved on, a huge rock fell on the bus from the mountain and crushed the bus to crumbs. Everybody on board was killed.

The couple upon seeing that, said, "We wish we were on that bus"
Question:

Why do you think they said that? Make a guess answer before looking for the answer pls.

....-------- --------- -- Answer !!!! ------------ -------

If they had remained on the bus instead of deciding to get down, the
resulting time delay could have been avoided and the rock would have fallen
after the bus had passed ..!!! Think positive in life always and look for
opportunities when you can help Others......
Many times in life, the opposite of Success is not Failure, its
Quitting.

If your guessed answer tallies with this answer, you yourself can give a pat. Definitely you are a good humane.

I will put it this way.

Since they enjoy the blessings of the God (remember they got down at an unscheduled stop), had they continued their journey until the next (scheduled) stopping point, others also alongwith them would have survived.

"Nallaar oruvar ularel, avar poruttu ellorukkum peyyum mazhai".

Nice one! And a good indication of positive thinking...

However, apart from the answers given above, there is a different line of thinking, i.e, the butterfly effect/chaos theory. Normally we assume that things tend to proceed in the way we have seen them to be and hence, thinking that everything works on the same lines, we conclude that correcting a past action would have given a different present effect.

It may not be so. It may happen that the pattern of events could have unfolded in a totally different way, leading to several possibilities, which we cannot chance a guess.

For instance, had the couple stayed on the bus, some other trivial incident could have triggered the delay of the bus. Or the rock-slide would have happened earlier. Or it could be something else altogether. Yes, one of the possibilities is that everyone could have escaped unscathed.

Not trying to be pessimistic here; just sharing my views. Correcting one past action may not always yield the result we think it would.

Yes, I agree. But, it need not be correcting or rewinding the past.

It is just reviewing the past for introspection. Past is one of the best teachers for the present and future.

It is just reviewing the past for introspection. Past is one of the best teachers for the present and future.
Absolutely, I agree with that. I was just musing on this particular example.

Absolutely, I agree with that. I was just musing on this particular example.

Ultimately the incident and the thinking of the couple make us
think what way our attitude has to be in times of crisis . They could have sent a sigh of relief for getting out of this danger . Instead they thought about the other way how best they would have helped to avoid the situation . A good will and a good nature .

There are few incidents where the killed and the killer are pitied .
This may not be similar but note worthy.
I take this opportunity to quote an incident that may help develop the love for everyone.

Once Sri Ramana Maharshi was climbing the Arunachala Hill with an attendant by his side .
A wounded bird fell on the pathway bleeding, hit by an arrow of a hunter . Bhagavan just took the bird in his hand and looked around , the hunter was seen trembling with fear by the site of the Maharshi . " If four annas would have been there the hunter would not have killed this bird , " was the sudden remark of Bhagavan on seeing the hunter . Same time the attendant went down to the ashram and gave the hunter four annas . Bhagavan also came down to ashramam and treated the wound of the bird with the grape juice to heal it and later the bird survived .
Mahrashi pitied the hunter and the bird both .

Last edited:

Ultimately the incident and the thinking of the couple make us
think what way our attitude has to be in times of crisis . They could have sent a sigh of relief for getting out of this danger . Instead they thought about the other way how best they would have helped to avoid the situation . A good will and a good nature .
Yes, but one should not restrict the alternatives nor blindly go by linear thinking on all occasions - that is what I intented to convey.

Hi all,

Once there was loving couple traveling in a bus in a mountainous area. They decided to get down at some unscheduled place. They were the only two to get down and no one boarded too. After the couple got down the bus moved on.
As the bus moved on, a huge rock fell on the bus from the mountain and crushed the bus to crumbs. Everybody on board was killed.

The couple upon seeing that, said, "We wish we were on that bus"
Question:

Why do you think they said that? Make a guess answer before looking for the answer pls.

....-------- --------- -- Answer !!!! ------------ -------

If they had remained on the bus instead of deciding to get down, the
resulting time delay could have been avoided and the rock would have fallen
after the bus had passed ..!!! Think positive in life always and look for
opportunities when you can help Others......
Many times in life, the opposite of Success is not Failure, its
Quitting.

If your guessed answer tallies with this answer, you yourself can give a pat. Definitely you are a good humane.
hi
i put like this way...the thing which is going to be happened
pre destined...there is reason behind every action...the
accident may happen....but the onlycouple can help in need...
life situations are like that....God willl send somebody
in the need of hour...i beleive in that....its main lesson..
LIFE IS UNCERTAIN....I LIKE THREE D'S IN LIFE..
DEVOTION TO GOD...DEDICATION TO WORK...
DETERMINATION TO ACHIEVE...ALL THREE D'S WITHOUT
ANY DEVIATION....LIKEWISE THREE P'S IN LIFE..POSITIVE..
PROGRESS...PROSPERITY...WE LEARN LESSON FROM EXPERIENCES....

regards
tbs

sadasivam,

both times, the game guessed wrong.

i started with picking 10
shri kunjuppu and shri sadasivam, the sum of the resultant number, by subtracting its digits would always equal to nine... and for all such numbers which equal to nine, it is always a the same item.
icon7.gif

For eg. whatever number you choose, the item that corresponds would invariably be the item in box 9...

Regards,

It's quite simple and elementary.

Any two digit number is in the (10x + y) format, where, 'x' is the first digit and 'y' is the second digit. Now, from this subtract (x+y). It is always '9x' or in other words, nine times the first digit.

In the matrix (grid) we get on the second screen, there are 9 columns and 11 rows.
They contain 99 numbers, starting from 1 to 99.

All the numbers that are multiples of 9 figure in various boxes. If you observe keenly,
the gift item in all the boxes with multiples of 9, starting from 9 to 99 contain the same gift item.

Only thing is, each time you play, this gift item keeps on changing.

That's the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back