• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

to prevent bird sabham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,

We are constructing the building where there are several birds are in the tree, due to our site day to day work the birds may get disturbed few trees/branches may be removed, i understand that there are some slogan can chant to prevent the birds sabham and request the birds to leave the place also for the tree, can any one suggest what is the slogan/mantra to be chanted.

regards
S.Shankar
Chennai

Dear Kunjupu Ji ....

One might word it as trying to avoid any possible karmic reaction from driving living things from their home, possible lost life of their offspring, and the possible lost life / harm to the tree. . . Some people take Ahimsa to the next level!

In the spirit of fun I must say there is an Angry Birds (An INCREDIBLY popular game people play constantly on their cell iPhones in the states) joke to be had here!
:-D

angrybirds1.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
I am perplexed, if by reciting a mantra/slokham etc, I can escape the effects of my karmic action, then the karma theory fails.
It is good you are thinking of the birds safety, so do your due diligence. You take precaution that you do not cut the tree during their nesting season. Once all possible precaution has been taken you do what you need to do.

Ahimsa is do the least damage you can do, no one can claim that they inadvertently do not harm some living thing.
As long as your intellect tells you that you have done the best and does not cause anxiety in your mind, you should not worry.

Krishna said, "Arjuna, you have work to do. Do it! But give up all interest in the fruit of your work." Krishna did not say that there would be no fruit. The fruit will certainly be there. Every action has its consequence or fruit. But the fruit is not your concern; you should not aspire for it. Therefore, the essence of Krishna's teaching is that you must do your duty, but do it without keeping the outcome in mind.
Text 47
karmany evadhikaras te
ma phalesu kadacana
ma karma-phala-hetur bhur
ma te sango ’stv akarmani
Translation
You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself the cause of the results of your activities, and never be attached to not doing your duty.

Our elders believed that cutting of trees and dishousing birds are all sinful activities. There is no slokam to ward off the evil effects of such sin. What used to be done was to build a birds' nest and arrange for transferring all the nests in the tree with the eggs intact to this new nest or cage. In those days we had adivasis who used to be skilled in such jobs.

this is to prevent birds from cursing humans? wow! i did not know that. wow!

Kunjuppu Sir:

I was busy with so many other things that I missed this thread earlier.

Yes, there are a lot of superstitions in the society. But as long as it does not directly cause
harm to anyone, in a real sense, we may need to understand the psychological aspects
behind them.

Mr. Shankar did not probably have the decadent refinement or sophistication to avoid using
the word 'curse'.

Otherwise, his apprehension is semantically equivalent to similar sentiments expressed
by all the animal/bird lovers of North America. Apparently BostonSankara (post #3) is on the same
wavelength.

In our efforts to disparage superstitions, many of us seem to use only the left hemisphere
of our neuroanatomy. This aspect is succinctly brought out by a Professor of neuroanatomy
in the following video which had more than 7.6 million Views. In May 2008 this person was
named to Time Magazine's 2008 list of the 100 most influential people in the world.

The video is titled "Stroke of insight" and of duration 18m 42s.
Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight | Video on TED.com

Kindly watch the movie and give a feedback, if you don't mind.

Last edited:
Kunjuppu Sir:

I was busy with so many other things that I missed this thread earlier. ...............

Kindly watch the movie and give a feedback, if you don't mind.
Dear Sir,

You have not only missed this thread earlier, but also the update news of our forum members!

Kunjuppu Sir left this forum, a day after posting in this thread, if I remember correct!

Regards............

Smt Raji ji,
I am sure you are aware of this.
You can go to the profile of any member and find out when/what their last activity in this forum was.

Dear all
I want to know about pradosham and what type of neivadyam is good For lord shiva for pradosham? Every day means pradosham falls on Monday what type of neivadyam is good. Please let me know. Regards vsr kashyap

Dear Sir,

You have not only missed this thread earlier, but also the update news of our forum members!

Kunjuppu Sir left this forum, a day after posting in this thread, if I remember correct!

Regards............

Thanks, Raji Madam. At least I had the opportunity to post and share an interesting video. Please watch it
and give some feedback.

P.S. Even if he left the forum, I am sure he is still reading the posts in the forum! You can hate your mother
but you cannot disown her!!

Last edited:
Smt Raji ji,
You can go to the profile of any member and find out when/what their last activity in this forum was.
Dear Ozone, [Sri. Ozone sounds too odd :D]

How do you think I found it for the first time? Since K Sir is my well wisher, I wrote the date from my memory! :)

Smt Raji ji,

I have two questions for you. In case you know the answers, please share either through open or PM:

1. I have read msgs about people logging on in "invisible mode" or "incognito". How do they do it?

2. If such invisible/incognito entry is recorded in activity page?

Regards,

I have two questions for you. In case you know the answers, please share either through open or PM:

1. I have read msgs about people logging on in "invisible mode" or "incognito". How do they do it?

Regards,

The FAQ of this site does have a mention about this:
[h=2]Other Settings and Options[/h]What do the other settings do?
In your User CP, there is a section under Settings & Options named 'Edit Options'.
  • Login & Privacy: set your
    • 'Invisible Mode' - sets whether or not other members can see if you are online and what page you are viewing
    • 'Show Reputation Level' - shows your reputation level on posts if this option is enabled by the administrator
    • 'Allow vCard Download' - sets whether or not to allow other members to download a vCard containing your email address and username.

My profile however does not show the first two options. May be it depends on level or privileges.
You could look it for yourself. May be some 'veterans' here can help.

Thanks, Raji Madam. At least I had the opportunity to post and share an interesting video. Please watch it
and give some feedback.

P.S. Even if he left the forum, I am sure he is still reading the posts in the forum! You can hate your mother
but you cannot disown her!!

Dear Naina,
hell has no fury as the scorned person(?) with pride a mile wide.
They not only disown their mother but will butcher her if possible. LOL

Water Water everywhere, but not a drop to drink - this is how the Ancient Mariner felt in the mid-sea after having killed a sea-bird Albatras, as described by Coleridge.

Do not know whether it is the bird's curse or we reap what we sow.

If there is bird Shabum is there an ant shabham, how about mosquito shabham. I am being facetious, as I do not have faith in Shabhums. I do understand that you are responsible for your actions, and some of our daily actions do harm to other living creatures. The Ahimsa is to do least harm, as you can never say that you do not harm at all.

So instead of attaching guilt and then trying to alleviate that with some other equally erroneous solution, just accept that there will be consequences that you can not avoid.

It is like committing murders and then confessing it to the priest, so you can keep on doing murders.

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.

My profile however does not show the first two options. May be it depends on level or privileges.
You could look it for yourself. May be some 'veterans' here can help.

Thank you Ozone. My profile also does not have the first two options. May be some members are more equal than others.

If there is bird Shabum is there an ant shabham, how about mosquito shabham. I am being facetious, as I do not have faith in Shabhums. I do understand that you are responsible for your actions, and some of our daily actions do harm to other living creatures. The Ahimsa is to do least harm, as you can never say that you do not harm at all.

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I do not know whether there is a bird shabham or not, nor what is the exact solution to prevent harm to living creatures. At present we can only try practising ahimsa to the extent possible.

No creature likes it when its life is squeezed out forcibly. Man, who makes such a fuss, when dead body is dug out from the grave, should pay as much attention as he can to minimise the harm to other creatures.

Though the Qs are for Ozone Ji ........

1. I have no idea about invisible mode in this forum. But I know only in 'skype' and 'yahoo msngr'!! Not even google chat!! :(

2. I think the activity depends on the 'post's only and does not depend on 'reading'! Correct Ozone Ji??

Though the Qs are for Ozone Ji ........1. I have no idea about invisible mode in this forum. But I know only in 'skype' and 'yahoo msngr'!! Not even google chat!! :(
There should be some such mechanism. I have seen people being "offline", but immediately post response to the posts addressed to them. If you see the response time of these members, it is less than 5 minutes of the posts they respond to. Once or twice it could be co-incidence, but there are far too many repetitions to put the theory of coincidence to shame.
2. I think the activity depends on the 'post's only and does not depend on 'reading'! Correct Ozone Ji??
No. On many days I do not post any messages, but just read the posts. My log records show the activity.

.... On many days I do not post any messages, but just read the posts. My log records show the activity.
Please check the % Sir! Activity depends on the number of average posts per day!

Activity - last month and last week are also shown in the profile page! :)

Please check the % Sir! Activity depends on the number of average posts per day! Activity - last month and last week are also shown in the profile page! :)
Yes, but you have not gone down deep in the profile page, it appears. If you press "experience tab" it will show Experience, Activity and Points. Whenever one earns 1 point as thread points or posts points, or user points, he/she has only browsed the page and not actively posted. For posting he/she gets 2 points. If the points are awarded for reading, naturally the system would be recording your entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back