• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

tirupati

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why the TTD authorities confine devotees to the cages for hours to gether and cause much discomfort and irritation though there is not much crowd. Furher even the 300 hundred ticket holders are made to join the general line and push through the crow. What is the sadistic pleasure thet derive"
sundararajan.

I don't understand why the TTD authorities confine devotees to the cages for hours to gether and cause much discomfort and irritation though there is not much crowd. Furher even the 300 hundred ticket holders are made to join the general line and push through the crow. What is the sadistic pleasure thet derive"
sundararajan.

I do not know about their sadistic pleasure, but it is our masochist nature that forces us to seek these places. Go to Tanjore temple and no such clamor there.

He is asking about tirumala temple and here comes a reply for tanjore temple. :frusty:

I did not ask him to go anywhere, i was just comparing the crowd at the two temples. You go for what ever you please. If you have so much of pleasure in Tirumala temple no pain is too much.

TTD authorities have been attempting to do a lot to improve the
infra structural facilities. Yet, the number of devotees being in Lakhs,
sometimes unimaginable figures, devotees are forced to sit into the
Cell for more than 3 to 4 hours, inspite of having a ticket of Rs.300/-.
There is none to monitor the crowd. Nearly 200 to 250 devotees are
packed in a CELL. As soon as the CELL is opened every one starts
rushing and there is no system of regulation to proceed in the route
leading to the temple. Some times people start squeezing. Even if
some unforeseen eventuality takes place, there is no arrangement to
get the person out in the midway to seek emergent medical aid. The
authorities must pay some attention and try to find a solution to this
factor. Normally, we find senior people much aged in anxiety visit the
temple to have darshan of Lord Balaji. There should be a special
arrangement for Rs.300/- ticket holders and they should be clubbed
with free darshan people enroute to enter the sanctum. Will the authorities
look into.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

World is a cage

TTD: Perhaps to avoid stampede and attaining His Feet unintentionally! One reason is He is the richest god and wears numerous jewels and gems and dress etc.

Last edited:
Sarvadharshanam varies on different days and sometimes it extends upto 20 hours.
Sudharshanam Token system does not minimise the waiting time as the Temple people say.
Seeghra Dharshanam (Ticket of Rs.300/-) instead of routing the people through
Vaikuntam Queue Complex entry till the end, if they are permitted to have a Dharshan
along with the Handicapped and Aged People through Maha Dwaram i.e. the Main Temple entry,
it would facilitate the temple to reduce the crowd in the Cell for a longer duration.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

While there are so many difficulties to have darshan of the Lord at Tirupati, the utsav moorthy of the Lord is going out across India (of course to selected habitats) in fleeting speed. Could anybody tell the purpose of this favour?

TTD: Perhaps to avoid stampede and attaining His Feet unintentionally! One reason is He is the richest god and wears numerous jewels and germs and dress etc.
germs? or gems?
An edit might be in order

Ozone what is the meaning? What do you want to say by this?

For those who can read Tamil and do not read '
வண்ண வண்ண மனிதர்கள்', in the literature section!

இடி ராஜாக்களும் ராணிகளும்!

இவர்களைக் கண்டு இவர்களின் கொடுமைகளைத் தாங்க விருப்பமா? வைகுண்ட ஏகாதசி முடிந்தவுடன் வரும்

சனிக்கிழமை திருப்பதிக்குச் சென்று பெருமாளை தரிசியுங்கள்! க்யூவில் நிற்கும்போது, அது நகராமல் இருக்கும் சமயமும்,

இடித்துக் கொண்டே நிற்பது இவர்களின் வழக்கம். ஒரு நூலிழை தள்ளி நின்றால் பிடிக்காதோ என்னவோ! முதுகில் இருமித்

தள்ளுவார்கள் சிலர், வாயை மறைக்கக் கைக்குட்டையே வைக்காமல்! அதிர்வேட்டுத் தும்மல் போட்டு, நம் தலையில்

'ஸ்ப்ரே' செய்வார்கள் சிலர். தன் கைத்தைடியை
க் குத்திக் குத்திச் சத்தம் எழுப்பி, நம் காலைப் பதம் பார்க்க விழைவார்கள்

சிலர். என் பின்னே நின்ற பெண்மணி (!) வித்தியாசமானவள்! தன் இடது கையால் என் இடுப்பை உந்திக்கொண்டே, அவள்

போலீஸ் தொப்பையால் என்னை இடித்துத் தள்ளினாள்! நான் கார்ட்டூனில் வருவதுபோல் வில் போல முன்னே

வளைந்தால், அந்த இடத்தையும் தன் தொப்பையால் நிரப்ப முயன்றாள்! இத்தனையும் சகித்து நின்றபோது, தன் காலில்

வளர்த்தி வைத்திருந்த ஈட்டி போன்ற நகங்களால், என் குதிகால்களைப் பதம் பார்த்தாள்! இனி சமாளிப்பதே கடினமென்ற

நிலை எனக்கு சில நொடிகளிலேயே வந்துவிட, அவளை முன்னே செல்லச் சொன்னேன். முன்னேற அவளின் 'டெக்னிக்'

இதுதான் போல! அடுத்து வந்த மொட்டை மனிதன், தன் கைகளைத் தூக்கி அருகில் உள்ள கம்பியில் வைத்து, துர்மணம்

பரப்பி, மூக்கைப் பொத்திக்கொள்ள வைத்தான்! நரகத்தைத் தாண்டித்தான் வைகுண்டம் செல்ல வேண்டுமோ என்னவோ!

ஆறு அடிக்கு மேல் உயரம்; நூறு கிலோவுக்கும் மேல் எடை என்று நூற்றுக் கணக்கில் இடி ராஜாக்கள், கொஞ்சம் குறைந்த

அளவுகளில் இடி ராணிகள் கர்ப்பக் கிரஹத்து நுழை வாயிலில் எங்களை இடித்து நசுக்க, அந்த ஏழுமலையானின் தயவால்

உடற் சேதம் இல்லாமல் தரிசனம் கண்டு வந்தோம்! நல்ல வேளையாக இறைவனின் அருகாமை வரை பக்த கோடிகளை

விடவில்லை! இல்லையென்றால், அங்கு இருக்கும் 'செக்யூரிட்டி' மனித, மனிதிகளின் உந்தலையும் எங்கள் நொந்த உடம்பு

அனுபவித்திருக்கும். ஆண்டவன் தயவால் தப்பித்தோம்!

இடிக்காமல் செல்லும் வழக்கத்தை என்றேனும் நம்மவர்கள் கற்றுக் கொள்ளுவார்களா? மிகவும் சந்தேகமே. ஏனென்றால், காலி பஸ் வந்தால்கூட, நிற்கும் ஐந்து பேர்கள் இடித்துக் கொண்டுதானே ஏறுவதுதானே வழக்கம்! :bump2:

Utsava murti is taken in a procession around the streets so that even they who cannot go to the temple for any reason (no time, poor health etc.) get His darshan. The kalyanotsavam is organised by TTD in many towns and villages for wider participation by the devotees who cannot go to tirupathy. Some years back, when it was organised in the island grounds in chennai, it iwas televised live and was well attended.

While there are so many difficulties to have darshan of the Lord at Tirupati, the utsav moorthy of the Lord is going out across India (of course to selected habitats) in fleeting speed. Could anybody tell the purpose of this favour?

Dear Ozone,
Dear Sri suraju06. Notice that the author has 'liked' it, so dont get worked up dear.You are too late and that post makes no sense now.

Was it a strategic or tactical retreat?:pray:

Dear Raji,

For those who can read Tamil and do not read 'வண்ண வண்ண மனிதர்கள்', in the literature section!

இவர்களைக் கண்டு இவர்களின் கொடுமைகளைத் தாங்க விருப்பமா? வைகுண்ட ஏகாதசி முடிந்தவுடன் வரும்

சனிக்கிழமை திருப்பதிக்குச் சென்று பெருமாளை தரிசியுங்கள்! க்யூவில் நிற்கும்போது, அது நகராமல் இருக்கும் சமயமும்,

இடித்துக் கொண்டே நிற்பது இவர்களின் வழக்கம். ஒரு நூலிழை தள்ளி நின்றால் பிடிக்காதோ என்னவோ! முதுகில் இருமித்

தள்ளுவார்கள் சிலர், வாயை மறைக்கக் கைக்குட்டையே வைக்காமல்! அதிர்வேட்டுத் தும்மல் போட்டு, நம் தலையில்

'ஸ்ப்ரே' செய்வார்கள் சிலர். தன் கைத்தைடியை
க் குத்திக் குத்திச் சத்தம் எழுப்பி, நம் காலைப் பதம் பார்க்க விழைவார்கள்

சிலர். என் பின்னே நின்ற பெண்மணி (!) வித்தியாசமானவள்! தன் இடது கையால் என் இடுப்பை உந்திக்கொண்டே, அவள்

போலீஸ் தொப்பையால் என்னை இடித்துத் தள்ளினாள்! நான் கார்ட்டூனில் வருவதுபோல் வில் போல முன்னே

வளைந்தால், அந்த இடத்தையும் தன் தொப்பையால் நிரப்ப முயன்றாள்! இத்தனையும் சகித்து நின்றபோது, தன் காலில்

வளர்த்தி வைத்திருந்த ஈட்டி போன்ற நகங்களால், என் குதிகால்களைப் பதம் பார்த்தாள்! இனி சமாளிப்பதே கடினமென்ற

நிலை எனக்கு சில நொடிகளிலேயே வந்துவிட, அவளை முன்னே செல்லச் சொன்னேன். முன்னேற அவளின் 'டெக்னிக்'

இதுதான் போல! அடுத்து வந்த மொட்டை மனிதன், தன் கைகளைத் தூக்கி அருகில் உள்ள கம்பியில் வைத்து, துர்மணம்

பரப்பி, மூக்கைப் பொத்திக்கொள்ள வைத்தான்! நரகத்தைத் தாண்டித்தான் வைகுண்டம் செல்ல வேண்டுமோ என்னவோ!

ஆறு அடிக்கு மேல் உயரம்; நூறு கிலோவுக்கும் மேல் எடை என்று நூற்றுக் கணக்கில் இடி ராஜாக்கள், கொஞ்சம் குறைந்த

அளவுகளில் இடி ராணிகள் கர்ப்பக் கிரஹத்து நுழை வாயிலில் எங்களை இடித்து நசுக்க, அந்த ஏழுமலையானின் தயவால்

உடற் சேதம் இல்லாமல் தரிசனம் கண்டு வந்தோம்! நல்ல வேளையாக இறைவனின் அருகாமை வரை பக்த கோடிகளை

விடவில்லை! இல்லையென்றால், அங்கு இருக்கும் 'செக்யூரிட்டி' மனித, மனிதிகளின் உந்தலையும் எங்கள் நொந்த உடம்பு

அனுபவித்திருக்கும். ஆண்டவன் தயவால் தப்பித்தோம்!

இடிக்காமல் செல்லும் வழக்கத்தை என்றேனும் நம்மவர்கள் கற்றுக் கொள்ளுவார்களா? மிகவும் சந்தேகமே. ஏனென்றால், காலி பஸ் வந்தால்கூட, நிற்கும் ஐந்து பேர்கள் இடித்துக் கொண்டுதானே ஏறுவதுதானே வழக்கம்! :bump2:

Now having posted this you may have to answer the revolutionaries here as to why you are preaching untouchability. They may even prove that you are upholding "brahminism". Take care.:behindsofa:

Recently we come to know AnanthaPadmanabha Swami, Thiruananthapuram is richer than Lord Venkateshwara.
Alwan

TTD: Perhaps to avoid stampede and attaining His Feet unintentionally! One reason is He is the richest god and wears numerous jewels and gems and dress etc.

Dear Mrs. RR, all this outrages to personal dignity can be somewhat avoided, not to mention free darshan with no more than at most 2 hours wait, just as log as the following are true:

• be a male -- sorry you are out Mrs. RR
  • should be able to pass for a Brahmin in appearance
  • must be visibly wearing poonal
  • Veshti -- thattu if three thread, kaccam if six
  • no mustache
  • no girudha/sideburns
  • must wear thiruman+srichoornam on the forehead

Anyone who meets these conditions can join what is called "Jeer Satrumurai Sevai". All you have to do is to go to the front main entrance of the temple around 5 a.m. There will most likely be a queue already, join it and wait. Going earlier surely will get you towards the front of the queue, but this may not be a great advantage, but coming too late will put you way too back in the queue.

Jeeyar will come after Archanai, and will let people from the queue in. Right after you are let in you will see a stampede to go and join a second queue near the Hundi area. You wait until all thaLigai (Bhojyasanam) is over. Jeeyar himself will bring an entourage of people known to him or recommended to him, they get to go in first. Then the people waiting near the Hundi will be let in. If you are lucky you get to the front and be able to see.

Satrumurai lasts about 10 minutes. Then, the Goshti will assemble in Udaiyavar (Ramanuja) sannidhi for Satrumurai there.

There will be plenty ofஇடி ராஜாs but no இடி ராணிs ....

I know, all this is useless information for you dear Mrs. RR :(

Cheers!

Every opinion based on scientific criticism I welcome. As to prejudices .. to which I have never made concessions ... “Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti.” -- Karl Marx

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, all this is useless information for you dear Mrs. RR :(
Dear Prof. Sir,

I have more information! Even the ladies can join the group, for your information! Yes, Sir. Our neighbours went to have

dharshan of Lord Balaji and could not get any sEvA tickets. They approached one of the Jeeyar Swami's assistants and he

advised them to disguise as vaishnavites and join their group, at an appointed time. They were wise enough to understand

'Hariyum Sivanum oNNu' and the lady knew the correct 'kattu' of vaishnavites. They had very nice dharshan of the Lord,
along with the swamiji's group! :grouphug:

Regards..........

Dear bro Nara Ji,

Balaji is my family Ishtadeivatha. I went to the temple last when I was about 20 years old, saw the blatant inequities. Have never gone back. Probably I am headed to Naragam after I leave my mortal coil!

Regards,
KRS

... Even the ladies can join the group, for your information!
Dear Mrs. RR, there must be some mistake, women are not allowed in the goshti even though the satrumurai itself starts with "siRRam siRu kAlE" of Andal, a woman by their own admission! This is so even in Andal's own sannidhi in Thiruvilliputthur. There, the women and NBs are not even allowed into the inner mandapam just outside the sanctum until satrumurai sevai is over.

What you are referring to is probably some special occasion, not the everyday morning satrumurai sevai. There are special occasions when Jeeyars of various MaThams are given special entry and they are allowed to take with them their sishyas, both men and women. But to everyday morning Satrumurai, no siree, no women are allowed, however authentic their madisaru may be.

Cheers!

Every opinion based on scientific criticism I welcome. As to prejudices .. to which I have never made concessions ... “Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti.” -- Karl Marx

Tirupthi

Dear Sri "Nara".,

I have been following this thread with interest. I wonder who has decided on the admissabilty of
devotees. Are there any written Agamas which explains the procedures to be followed in the Tample . Will the Temples concerned put these in writing for the benefit of devotees. I am asking this purely out of curiosity with utmost humility and should not be considered impertinence.
:pray2:

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

What you are referring to is probably some special occasion, not the everyday morning satrumurai sevai. .....
I too mentioned about 'an appointed time', in my post. It was a special occasion on that day! :cool:

I too mentioned about 'an appointed time', in my post. It was a special occasion on that day! :cool:
hi RR
i know many iyer brahmanas follows with jeeyar swami in disguise as vaishnava.....i studied from tirupati university,,,,i know

many stories...even i did volunteer as "JARUGANDI" DUTY inside sanctum sanctorum in my college vacation....probably i may visit on march

14th this year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back