• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

tirupati

Status
Not open for further replies.
....... i know many iyer brahmanas follows with jeeyar swami in disguise as vaishnava.........
அந்த ஸ்வாமியே நமக்கு வழிகாட்டி. அவர் மட்டும் பத்து அவதாரம் எடுக்கவில்லையா?

நாமும் எடுப்போம்,
சௌகரியத்துக்கு! :drama:

.... I wonder who has decided on the admissabilty of
devotees. Are there any written Agamas which explains the procedures to be followed in the Tample . Will the Temples concerned put these in writing for the benefit of devotees. I am asking this purely out of curiosity with utmost humility and should not be considered impertinence..
Dear B sir, who will charge a gentle person like you with impertinence, even though I myself think a healthy dose of impertinence is not a bad thing :).

SV Thirvaradhanai always ends with what is called Satrumurai, right after deeparadhanai, in temples following either Pancaratra or Vaikana Agamas, in mathams, and in homes. If it is the morning aradhanai, Satrumurai starts with the last two verses of Thiruppavai -- the rest of the verses (1 to 28) are usually recited earlier. This is followed by a set of verses from Dhivya Prabhandam, other SV prabhandams, and verses in praise of acharya lineage. The exact sequences of verses after the first two Thiruppavai vary from one sampradayam to another, but the Pallandu Pallandu verse will appear in one place or another.

It is said Bhagavat Ramanuja introduced this practice and is followed ever since. At one point many years ago TTD wanted to eliminate this practice or at least abbreviate it significantly. The Jeeyar Swami at that time took TTD to court and won on the basis of long standing tradition. Since the win is on the basis of tradition they enforce these rules that I cited earlier and control who gets admitted in.

Hope this helps.

best regards ...

Every opinion based on scientific criticism I welcome. As to prejudices .. to which I have never made concessions ... “Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti.” -- Karl Marx

Dear All,

This reply is not a specific to any of the posts in the above subject - but a view after observing so many comments about the subject. First of all let us learn to respect the faith and belief in the minds of millions of devottees. There are devottees who could not afford to buy the special darshan tickets and spend hours in terms of travel and waiting in the queue for a few seconds darshan of Lord Balaji. We have to necessarily respect them.

I am visiting regularly for the last 17 years in a ground of more than 20 people. There were times where we could have Darshan in less than one hour and there were occasions where we ended up in spending more than 12 hours. On their part, the TTD authorities are making all sincere efforts to control the crowd and minimize the difficulties faced by devottees.

Instead of criticizing everything - be it Tirupati or Sabarimala or any other place - why don't we accept this as part of the inconvenience for visiting the places. If some of the members are so concerned about these things - then my suggestion to them will be "don't go to such places" and then come write all criticism about the places. Better worship the God's photo at home.

Instead of criticizing everything - be it Tirupati or Sabarimala or any other place - why don't we accept this as part of the inconvenience for visiting the places. If some of the members are so concerned about these things - then my suggestion to them will be "don't go to such places" and then come write all criticism about the places. Better worship the God's photo at home.

I agree with your point of view. My post#2 expressed a similar idea, but you do it better.

........ First of all let us learn to respect the faith and belief in the minds of millions of devottees. ....
The realities are discussed here, Sir! Recently, I visited Sri AnanthapadmanAba Swami temple at Trivandrum.

No devotee was pushing others and the double queue went past the 'sannadhi' quietly. But most of the devotees
in Tirupati dash against others and say that that is the way to enter the temple. :bump2:

The realities are discussed here, Sir! Recently, I visited Sri AnanthapadmanAba Swami temple at Trivandrum.

No devotee was pushing others and the double queue went past the 'sannadhi' quietly. But most of the devotees in Tirupati dash against others and say that that is the way to enter the temple.
Dear Mrs. RR., I have been to all these temples, in fact I have visited all the 106 of 108 divya desams on earth. When it comes to the way the devotees behave I see not a whole lot of difference among them.

The crowd in Thiruppati is probably 100 times that of Padmanabha Swami temple. I know how they treat people in Padmanabha temple, and how people are treated in Tiruppati. If anything, TTD treats their devotees better than Padmanabha temple if you control for the size of the crowd.

I have stood in line in Dharma Darshan, on the Rs. 25 line when it used to be Rs. 25, and after it was increased to whatever it is now. Yes, people do push and pull, but no more than other places. People in India have no clue about private spaces or basic civic sense. This is one of the reasons I have taken pledge never to visit India unless I have to, even though I love India more than any other nation in the abstract.

Let me explain just one example. I took my dad to some government office in Sterling Road to arrange some kind of deposit to avoid taxes on a property he had sold. As we were talking to the officer a fellow just butt in and interrupted us. I told him to buzz off and the officer was sympathetic to what I said. Later, when we left after transacting our business, this guy who interrupted us mockingly inquired, are you done? This is how people in India act, whether temple or government office, or bus stop, or whatever other public place you can imagine.

Given the crowd they deal with I think TTD folks do a fantastic job. They don't just throw their hands up in the air and say Srinivasan will take care of it. I take my atheist hats off for the job they do.

Cheers!

Every opinion based on scientific criticism I welcome. As to prejudices .. to which I have never made concessions ... “Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti.” -- Karl Marx

Dear Prof. Sir,

One more reason for the 'thaLLu muLLu' is because, who ever goes near the 'sannadhi' never think of the the huge crowd

standing behind them!

Regards.........

Tirupathi is entirely an exception. TTD has been trying to do a lot to improvise the procedure &
the system and yet the crowd becomes unmanageable. That is the attraction that Lord Srinivasa
has from his Devotees.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear All,

This reply is not a specific to any of the posts in the above subject - but a view after observing so many comments about the subject. First of all let us learn to respect the faith and belief in the minds of millions of devottees. There are devottees who could not afford to buy the special darshan tickets and spend hours in terms of travel and waiting in the queue for a few seconds darshan of Lord Balaji. We have to necessarily respect them.

I am visiting regularly for the last 17 years in a ground of more than 20 people. There were times where we could have Darshan in less than one hour and there were occasions where we ended up in spending more than 12 hours. On their part, the TTD authorities are making all sincere efforts to control the crowd and minimize the difficulties faced by devottees.

Dear All,

I am fully accept the above , Our focus and aim towards only Balaji, nothing else, rest he will take care when, how and he will take care, I do regularly visiting the temple, some time my darshan will over with in 40 min. some time it will happen more than 12 hrs,So keep your aim towards balji for peaceful drashan, good day.

Regards
S.shankar

Dear Mrs. RR., I have been to all these temples, in fact I have visited all the 106 of 108 divya desams on earth...
rAma bhakti sAmrAjyam EmAnavula kabbenO manasA
AmAnavula sandarshana matyanta brahmANDamE

Namaste Naraji,

If you dont mind, can you please tell us what are the 2 Divya desams that you could not visit and why?

Note: I could not PM you anymore as per new rule ie 100 posts are needed to be eligible to PM and I am at 43 :)

With regards,
Jai SiyaRaam

...If you dont mind, can you please tell us what are the 2 Divya desams that you could not visit and why?
jaisiyaraam, the last two are (i) Thirupparkadal, and (ii) Sri Vaikuntam. I think you can guess why I couldn't visit these two :)!

Cheers!

No devotee was pushing others and the double queue went past the 'sannadhi' quietly. But most of the devotees
in Tirupati dash against others and say that that is the way to enter the temple. :bump2:
hi RR,
i visited guruvayur/trivandrum last summer.....the tirupathi is entirely difference from these 2 places....i know inside

tirupati system....i worked 2 full months inside temple as volunteer....inside temple/kalyanotsavam....i agreed with u....

im reallity...if u stay for one day as volunteer....u can understand the inside problem....when i go as a devotee ...i can understand

this " THALLUMULLU"...its unavoidable.....still TTD is doing best job as much possible....to satisfy common ppl/VIP/VVIP ...its

impossible..............if i feel ranganathan street/ t nagar too much crowd..then i have to stay in gummidipoondi/chengulpet....

only population is the main problem....if population controlled....everything can be controlled....civic sense...the same indian

behave differently...in indian airport and any american airport....the same person behave different mode in india/USA

Last edited:
Dear Prof. Sir,
I found this by Google search. என் போன்ற பாமரர்களுக்கு உதவுவது இதுவே! :ranger:

Introduction to Vinnulaga Thiruppathigal.
Vinnulaga Thriuppathigal are said to be divyadesams wher we cant go

through our human body, only our soul (Aathma can go into it). There

are two Vinnulaga divyadesams - 1.Thiruppaarkadal and 2.

Paramapadham
. The Jeevathmas that are released (the soul) from our

human body attains Mukthi and it is said to reach the Paramathma.

In these two divyadesams, Sriman Narayanan is found in Sayana

(Kidantha) thirukkolam in Thiruppaarkadal and in Paramapadham, He is

found in Veetrirundha thirukkolam. In Thiruppaarkadal, He is found

facing his thirumugham along South direction, which is said to be the direction

where Dharmarajan is found. In Paramapadham also, He is found facing His

thirumugham along the South direction.

Dear Prof. Sir,

One more reason for the 'thaLLu muLLu' is because, who ever goes near the 'sannadhi' never think of the the huge crowd

standing behind them!

Regards.........

Ms Raji Ram,

Yes - what you have stated above is the human psychology. The moment they are near the Deity, they would prefer to stay there for a longer time without realizing a huge crowd behind them, hence "thallu mullu" becomes necessary. People on their own should realize this - but easy to say difficult to practice. Satisfaction dereived from visiting these places are much higher as compared to some so called troubles in the process.

For the past 17 years I am observing the improvements made by TTD for Darshan. Earlier days when you enter the cage with any special tickets for hours together you have to travel from one cage to another. Now, with the system of timing of Darshan, average Darshan time certainly comes down to 3-4 hours. Also, there are plenty of facilities to book for darshan "on line" from different part of the country. Besides this, there are internet facilities. People who could not avail or plan any of these things can very well opt for Rs. 300 Darshan tickets (introduced about one year back).

Venkat K

........ Now, with the system of timing of Darshan, average Darshan time certainly comes down to 3-4 hours. ......
Very true, Sir! We went on a Saturday, after Vaikunta EkAdasi, and the crowd was unimaginable! Dharshan in 3 - 4 hours is,

after we reach the Rs. 300/- counter and NOT that queue. We needed
three hours to reach that counter. So, in total we had to

stand for seven hours to get a glimpse of Lord Balaji. As you say, the dharshan makes us forget all the troubles we face, in the

unruly crowd!!

Lord Venkateswara is Pratyaksha Daivam (manifest divinity) for many families.
Devotees visit Thirumala only for fleeting glimpses of the fascinating life-style
Idol of Lord Venkateswara after inching in long queues, sometimes for hours
and days. I was told by some one that Lord Venkateswara, (north Indians call HIM
as Balaji), is not a name but a Title. According to him, Vem-Kata defines as,
one who cuts or washes away one's sins. Further, if one look at the Moolavar
of Lord Venkateswara's right hand, we will notice that it is focussing downwards
towards his feet, i.e. just above the knee. It means that Lord Venkateswara, indirectly
telling that if one worships HIM, HE will liberate one from knee-deep illusions of
worldly existence. OM Namo Venkatesaya.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Last edited:
i was there in tirumala last week... was in the middle of huge rush and dharshan was good.. and i got used to the crowd....for all those who blame the system of ttd, my view is they are doing good now, they can still improve the system with crowd increasing annually....rest i suggest others to visit other 108 divya desams

Please read the earlier posts! We can NOT visit two of the 108 divya dEsams in the human form!

I know 2 desams cannot be visited in human form. i do not want to refer this thread...it is available in multiple threads and in other web/non-web sources...
at the same time i do not want to downsize and say 106 ....
if u visit 106 now afterwards u can visit remaining 2 but cannot share experience of last 2 ....so in total please visit all 108 desams

Why this "Kola Veri" to visit the last places ? Some time or other all of us may reach there. People who have visited the remaining 106 places may get preference in the queue. Hope some one will not talk about heavy rush there also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back