• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Time travel

Exhibiting true wickedness requires knowledge, experience, evolved raw capabilities and above all a great sense of timing.

What I talking is theoretical limit to the wickedness at bhu loka. I think we are child's play to patala loka people in wickedness. Wickedness is not just exhibiting brute force but an intelligent mix of a number of factors.
Patala loka isnt hell.
Its supposed to be better than even Indra loka hence Mahabali rules there when Vamana sent him there.

Patala loka isnt hell.
Its supposed to be better than even Indra loka hence Mahabali rules there when Vamana sent him there.
Yes Renuka. It is not hell. But at such stratospheric frequencies the materialism practised there would put American materialism to utter shame. So along with that goes utter selfish thoughts. Only hell is at a higher frequency space. Though the purpose is different.

Yes Renuka. It is not hell. But at such stratospheric frequencies the materialism practised there would put American materialism to utter shame. So along with that goes utter selfish thoughts. Only hell is at a higher frequency space. Though the purpose is different.
I dont understand something here.
Why keep harping on America?
Its just a piece of land like any other country.

I feel you need to let go of the thought of USA.
Ask yourself why you cant let go of the thought of USA.

Most of us go on with life without bothering about what happens in USA or anywhere else.

Its just pieces of land.
Why attach so much importance.

Being spiritual is not really about having some notions about the elements..in this case earth which forms land.

Materialism or piety of any country or anyone should not matter too.

If you ask me I might view India as materialistic in spirituality because of the pre occupation to be a world spiritual super power.

USA is pre occupied with being the worlds economic and military super power.

So what is the big difference?
Both want to " rule" the world in some way.

Is that conducive?
No! Its not the middle path.
No human rules anything in the true sense.

So why really bother?

Two kinds of people get a lot of attention. Either you have to be utter good or utter bad. IMO America is not the former. Hope that answers your question.

Two kinds of people get a lot of attention. Either you have to be utter good or utter bad. IMO America is not the former. Hope that answers your question.
No, it does not answer my question.
It's just that you have some issues with America.
Its fine if America isnt good but it should not be your pre occupation.
There are many countries which are not that " liked" by many but why only America bothers you?

Why not Russia or Afghanistan or Pakistan?

Dear Renuka,

With power comes responsibility. It is one with the greatest Power that should set a model because of the influence wielded. Power is not for misuse. I would say America has been utterly irresponsible in its use of power. I would strongly disapprove of Russia or Pakistan if they are in such a position and misused power.

To clarify no nation has been a paradigm of good. But one who has the maximum influence over others should be extra careful with its actions. I don't think America deserves the leadership.

With the enormous influence that it wields America could have taken the lead in making the world a much better place. It missed the opportunity. Worse still its actions encouraged and fostered more negativity. The world has become a much worse place. That is my biggest issue with America. It wants to be called a leader but invariably misleads.

In a sense I am at a vantage point in making the above statement. I do not want to talk about how right now.

The problem with America is deeper. It is in the mind. It believes in human fallibility and uses it as the base of all its actions. It has institutionalised it as no other nation has done before thanks to science and technology. This issue is also real big.

I don't think there needs to be more issues with America to be concerned about the well being of the world. It is not about America. It is the mindset and actions of an influential nation.

Time is the subtlest of all energies. Space is subtle as we see emptiness only but time is finer we don't even see that. It is beyond sensory perception and can be perceived only by mind.

Time exists at different scales at the level of universe as past, present and future. At higher levels and lower levels also. The lower seven lokas or realms up to Pathal loka mark sharper distinction between past present and future whereas the upper lokas upto Brahma loka are characterized by blurring distinction between past present and future and tend towards timelessness.

The laws are different in different lokas due to this difference in the nature of time. In the lower lokas past effects linger more and which makes you shortsighted with respect to future. The physical laws operate accordingly. There is a clearer vision of future in the upper lokas. The nature of time makes time pass faster in the higher lokas. The present has greater wavelength and increases the span of consciousness. The span of consciousness is low. So it takes more and more units of time of the lower lokas to be equivalent to a unit of time in the higher lokas.

In the extreme case of nirguna brahman reality we can say that infinite time passes in an instant which is the state of timelessness.

More later.
The original structure is based on the wrong premise.

Time is the subtlest of all energies.
No…an emphatic NO…as Einstein mentioned it as the fourth dimension of spacetime …however, it is still a question of whether we can treat time like any other coordinate axes in space. But surely it is not a form of energy. Firstly energy can be utilized to do work but time cannot. Secondly, energy has a mass equivalent but time doesn't.

Time is actually a numerical expression for a period between two events. A numerical expression can not do any physical work.

Last edited:
With the enormous influence that it wields America could have taken the lead in making the world a much better place. It missed the opportunity. Worse still its actions encouraged and fostered more negativity. The world has become a much worse place. That is my biggest issue with America. It wants to be called a leader but invariably misleads.

In a sense I am at a vantage point in making the above statement. I do not want to talk about how right now.

The problem with America is deeper. It is in the mind. It believes in human fallibility and uses it as the base of all its actions. It has institutionalised it as no other nation has done before thanks to science and technology. This issue is also real big.

I don't think there needs to be more issues with America to be concerned about the well being of the world. It is not about America. It is the mindset and actions of an influential nation.
I am not an advocate for or against the USA Or America.
But why is it that America has to make anything? America (o the government of the USA) is doing the best for its people (or the people who vote).

There is a famous Tamil proverb that my mother used to describe America or Russia.

The wolf cried when the sheep got drenched in rain.​

If you expect some other country to help out of the goodness of heart without any expectation you live in fool's paradise.

The original structure is based on the wrong premise.

No…an emphatic NO…as Einstein mentioned it as the fourth dimension of spacetime …however, it is still a question of whether we can treat time like any other coordinate axes in space. But surely it is not a form of energy. Firstly energy can be utilized to do work but time cannot. Secondly, energy has a mass equivalent but time doesn't.

Time is actually a numerical expression for a period between two events. A numerical expression can not do any physical work.
Prasad,

Do you believe in Advaita which says brahman is space time or in the just developing science that says time is a numerical expression?

I am not an advocate for or against the USA Or America.
But why is it that America has to make anything? America (o the government of the USA) is doing the best for its people (or the people who vote).

There is a famous Tamil proverb that my mother used to describe America or Russia.

The wolf cried when the sheep got drenched in rain.​

If you expect some other country to help out of the goodness of heart without any expectation you live in fool's paradise.
Yes Prasad it takes an enormous shift of perspective to understand that someone in a position to uplift others can indeed do it. It is the nature of time we all live in.

Time does not have mass equivalent because the energy is not related to mass. But it can do work as it can be either mental energy or spiritual energy. Both don't possess mass but I believe you certainly feel the impact of your thoughts.

The above is my understanding. I firmly believe science has way to go before it catches up with our Indian knowledge. A radical shift in philosophy is required.

I personally would help when people need it just as would so many other people. It is humane. Calling someone a fool for thinking it natural clearly indicates America is practising hypocrisy. One more feather in its cap.

I personally would help when people need it just as would so many other people. It is humane. Calling someone a fool for thinking it natural clearly indicates America is practising hypocrisy. One more feather in its cap.
But at one time you had gone to USA isnt it?

What if you had migrated there, would you have thought the same about US?

Dear Renuka,

Personal transformation is happening only right now. My parents and brother are American citizens. My sister is planning to migrate there. So I am being unbiased.

But to be fair and honest personally I was very affected and so was my wife for no fault of hers. There is personal grievance too.

Overall I think fault was not on my side. So i am able to speak my mind.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

Personal transformation is happening only right now. My parents and brother are American citizens. My sister is planning to migrate there. So I am being unbiased.

But to be fair and honest personally I was very affected and so was my wife for no fault of hers. There is personal grievance too.

Overall I think fault was not on my side. So i am able to speak my mind.
Ok, I understand.
Sometimes only during total isolation transformation starts.

The global lockdown for covid did make a lot of people turn to God/spirituality.

Best of luck to you.

In your posting, you have riled against Homosexuals and other minorities. Would you go and help them?
It is easy to criticize others who are working to uplift at least a few people. Including Mother Theresa, who you did not support.
It is easy to sit back on your easy chair and write a few words to criticize those who are at least trying.

In your posting, you have riled against Homosexuals and other minorities. Would you go and help them?
It is easy to criticize others who are working to uplift at least a few people. Including Mother Theresa, who you did not support.
It is easy to sit back on your easy chair and write a few words to criticize those who are at least trying.
Prasad,

I don't deny there is good side too. Personally my own parents are staunch U.S. loyalists because the country helped them in their hour of need. But I am talking both from my perspective and also give an unbiased view.

I am sorry if it hurts people.

I have not heard of any other country being so influential globally. But my point it has not been made to the right advantage by America.

Time is the subtlest of all energies. Space is subtle as we see emptiness only but time is finer we don't even see that. It is beyond sensory perception and can be perceived only by mind.

Time exists at different scales at the level of universe as past, present and future. At higher levels and lower levels also. The lower seven lokas or realms up to Pathal loka mark sharper distinction between past present and future whereas the upper lokas upto Brahma loka are characterized by blurring distinction between past present and future and tend towards timelessness.

The laws are different in different lokas due to this difference in the nature of time. In the lower lokas past effects linger more and which makes you shortsighted with respect to future. The physical laws operate accordingly. There is a clearer vision of future in the upper lokas. The nature of time makes time pass faster in the higher lokas. The present has greater wavelength and increases the span of consciousness. The span of consciousness is low. So it takes more and more units of time of the lower lokas to be equivalent to a unit of time in the higher lokas.

In the extreme case of nirguna brahman reality we can say that infinite time passes in an instant which is the state of timelessness.

More later.
Anything measurable is not subtle. Subtle is something un identifiable or difficult to detect and very miniscule. Time is vast and runs into nano seconds , to seconds, to minutes to hours etc... In space time is static. time is relative because it is measured in relation to something. Human beings calculate time with respect to rotations of moon around earth and sun and earth around sun. When earth stops its revolution, time will also stop for human beings on earth... Hope this is clear...

I agree that subtle is not measurable. But do we really understand time than what we measure by clocks or rotation of earth. Time is totally unexplored iny opinion. Even we know little about space for that matter. What we have tried to do is like assuming we know everything about a person but just looking at the dress he wears. Yes it is something but there is lot lot more depth to it.

We are just scratching the surface with respect to understanding reality. It would be ridiculous if we think we have discovered everything that there is to know. Surely time can teach us that is not the case.

Latest ads

Back