• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Travel from USA to India and back

Hello everyone,

Is there any of you or your family member, friends recently travelled to India (Jul/Aug/Sep) and came back? Would like to know if there were any issues or constraints during the trip. I have to go to India for an annual ritual during end Oct and coming back in mid nov'20. Just wanted to know if there are any restrictions or constraints during this COVID times I need to take care, considering am on L1 Visa.

Thanks for your guidance.

Hello everyone,

Is there any of you or your family member, friends recently travelled to India (Jul/Aug/Sep) and came back? Would like to know if there were any issues or constraints during the trip. I have to go to India for an annual ritual during end Oct and coming back in mid nov'20. Just wanted to know if there are any restrictions or constraints during this COVID times I need to take care, considering am on L1 Visa.

hi

i booked the ticket in january to trip to india for november second week 2020...i got the message

that the flight cancelled to india from USA....so i cancelled my trip this year due to COVID...

i dont want take risk in air travel and qurantine problems in india....i heard that the trip

to india is very risky....many stories i heard.....until very emergency only...

IT would be wise to manage remotely any ritual in india .Some relative in india should help to get vadhyars and provide place for the ritual . You can join on skype or any other online means

My sibling:s final religious rites were performed in his daughters home in mumbai and son joined online from newjersey
.This happened in covid times few months back.
Avoid visits to india for a few more months.
Best wishes

hi

i booked the ticket in january to trip to india for november second week 2020...i got the message

that the flight cancelled to india from USA....so i cancelled my trip this year due to COVID...

i dont want take risk in air travel and qurantine problems in india....i heard that the trip

Thank you for your response and advice

On August 8, 2020, new travel regulations came into place for travel between the United States and India. This came after India formed what is known as bilateral air bubbles with countries like the United States, France, and Germany.

An air bubble refers to a travel corridor between countries that want to re-open their borders and re-establish connections with each other during the pandemic while most countries’ borders are still shut. The purpose of these air bubbles is to operate select international flights within certain restrictions.

The Union Health Ministry of India issued a set of revised guidelines for international arrivals in India. These new guidelines allow Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) cardholders from the Unites States and other countries that have signed these bilateral air travel arrangements with India, to enter India. If you are a citizen of one of these countries, you can also apply for a business or medical visa or a visa for employment purposes.

Scheduled international flights, however, remain banned until August 31, 2020.

Even though the borders aren’t completely open yet, you can travel back home to India if you need to. Just make sure you follow all the required protocols, and you plan for the 14-day quarantine.

https://www.stilt.com/blog/2020/08/travel-restrictions-between-india-and-the-u-s-updated-covid-19/

hi

USA is worse than India from Covid perspective

Hello everyone,

Pl refer face book group travel to india from usa for more details shared by people In India there will be quarantine for minimum 14 days particularly in Tamilnadu since it is a blessing in disguise to make money in the name of corona care. You will be asked to stay in a hotel (where there is said to be an opportunity to get commission) for at least a week with a promise that you can stay another week as self quarantine So be prepared Check in advance on flight status since they may open and close airport at their whims and fancies
In the present uncertainties like VISA, Immigration and CORONA, it is better do tharpaNam, (if you can not get sasthrigal, to conduct rituals) as you do in amavasaya days and observe fast for the whole day if possible or at least for the night. Avoid all forbidden activities as suggested by scriptures found elsewhere in this forum (by courtesy by Mr Kopalan) It is the commitment to your forefathers that matters rather than doing rituals Even in India some people do it online since sasthrigal are not willing to take risk or suggest to do Hiranyam only

Hello everyone,

Why bother about rituals when ultimately went abroad to enjoy life. Don't bother your relatives back home, they are not your slaves.

Hello everyone,

More info can be obtained from face book group "Travel from USA to India
But be prepared for a 14 day quarantine, if you are landing in Chennai - Tamilnadu (irrespective of whether you get a PCR clearance certificate from here or not) since it is an opportunity to get commission by some vested groups, in the name of CORONA CARE by making you to stay compulsorily for a minimum period of a week in a hotel and allow you to move out with a promise that you will be on self quarantine,at home for another week. Be prepared for spending minimum 30K. per member.
If inland travel involved, you may take a car and go since public transport is still not in operation for may part
Apart from that you need to be sure whether the airport is in operation and international flights are allowed to land
In the current uncertainties like VISA and Immigration issues, it is better to do rituals here, in your place itself. If you cannot get a sasthrigal, better do it by yourself.
Simply do tharpanam like amavasya (allowed by sathrasa, at the worst possible circumstances) observe fast for the night if you can not do it for the whole day, avoid activities prohibited by our scriptures (as indicated in this forum by Mr Kopalan)
It is all the more important that you must have commitment (shradha) towards your forefathers than doing all this rituals
Even in India many places they started doing it online since sasthrigals are not willing to take risks. or do hiranyam
This is my suggestion only

"Why bother about rituals when ultimately went abroad t o enjoy life. Don't bother your relatives back home, they are not your slaves." This I consider as "inappropriate (not suitable or proper in the circumstances.) since bothering about his relation is not the issue here. He went abroad to earn a livelihood and that is natural.

As Dr. NVS said in *********** "ஒரு ஆன்மா புத்ரனாக பிறவி எடுக்கக் காரணமாக இருப்பவன் பிதா. கோடிக்கணக்கான ஆன்மாவில் ஒரு ஆன்மாவாக இவன் பிறக்கக் காரணமானவன் காரண புருஷன். ..............எனவேதான், தன் பிறவிக்குக் காரணமானவர்களை தெய்வத்திற்குச் சமமாகக் கருதி பல கடமைகளை (கர்மாக்களை) புத்ரனுக்கு விதித்துள்ளது.
தேவர்கள், விருந்தினர், பணியாட்கள், பித்ருக்கள் மற்றும் தனக்கு என்று ஆகிய ஐவருக்கும் அவரவருக்கான கடமைகளைச் செவ்வனே ஆற்றாத, ஒரு மனிதன் சுவாசமுள்ளவனாக இருப்பினும் உயிருள்ளவன் ஆகமாட்டான்" - என்று சாத்திரம் குறிப்பிடும்

இதனையே “தென்புலத்தார் தெய்வம் விருந்தொக்கல் தானென்றாங்கு ஐம்புலத்தாறு ஓம்பல் தலை” (குறள் எண்:43) என்று திருவள்ளுவரும், சொல்கிறார்
When a person wants an advice to conduct rituals to his forefathers, we must appreciate that attitude.Either we offer him some good suggestion as deemed fit to our knowledge or else ignore

To perform rituals vadyar is available all over USA you can avail this facility. My daughter did her rituals for her F.I.L by a valid sastigal facility who h we all saw over skype and were surprised that it was better performed than here.

Hello
I came back from US on Sep2020 and as we did our RT_PCR test at US and got exemption from institutional quarantine and were at home isolated for 15 days. So if you have a month long stay you can very well prearrange and do all the rituals here itself

Thank you for all your valid responses. We did not travel to India. In Virginia we found an excellent Sastrigal. He was TOO GOOD and we performed the srartham in our apartment itself with homam and Brahmin boojanam. 🙏 He did very well, more than expectations and was so good that he gave explanation and meaning for what we performed. With Ancestors blessing everything went on fine.
Thank you all

Thank you for all your valid responses. We did not travel to India. In Virginia we found an excellent Sastrigal. He was TOO GOOD and we performed the srartham in our apartment itself with homam and Brahmin boojanam. 🙏 He did very well, more than expectations and was so good that he gave explanation and meaning for what we performed. With Ancestors blessing everything went on fine.
Thank you all
hi

is it venkataramana sastrigal/ or kasi sastrigal?

"Why bother about rituals when ultimately went abroad t o enjoy life. Don't bother your relatives back home, they are not your slaves." This I consider as "inappropriate (not suitable or proper in the circumstances.) since bothering about his relation is not the issue here. He went abroad to earn a livelihood and that is natural.

As Dr. NVS said in *********** "ஒரு ஆன்மா புத்ரனாக பிறவி எடுக்கக் காரணமாக இருப்பவன் பிதா. கோடிக்கணக்கான ஆன்மாவில் ஒரு ஆன்மாவாக இவன் பிறக்கக் காரணமானவன் காரண புருஷன். ..............எனவேதான், தன் பிறவிக்குக் காரணமானவர்களை தெய்வத்திற்குச் சமமாகக் கருதி பல கடமைகளை (கர்மாக்களை) புத்ரனுக்கு விதித்துள்ளது.
தேவர்கள், விருந்தினர், பணியாட்கள், பித்ருக்கள் மற்றும் தனக்கு என்று ஆகிய ஐவருக்கும் அவரவருக்கான கடமைகளைச் செவ்வனே ஆற்றாத, ஒரு மனிதன் சுவாசமுள்ளவனாக இருப்பினும் உயிருள்ளவன் ஆகமாட்டான்" - என்று சாத்திரம் குறிப்பிடும்

இதனையே “தென்புலத்தார் தெய்வம் விருந்தொக்கல் தானென்றாங்கு ஐம்புலத்தாறு ஓம்பல் தலை” (குறள் எண்:43) என்று திருவள்ளுவரும், சொல்கிறார்
When a person wants an advice to conduct rituals to his forefathers, we must appreciate that attitude.Either we offer him some good suggestion as deemed fit to our knowledge or else ignore
Thank you So much for your understanding and valuable guidance.

Latest ads

Back