• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thullatha manamum thullum…….

Status
Not open for further replies.
The song Jagajananai Sukhapani Kalyani was popularized by the great vocalist late Sri. M M Dhandapani Desikar whom the younger generation may not be aware of.In almost all his katcheries he used to sing this song and I think there is a recording of his rendering this song for the present day carnatic music loving youngsters to listen to.

The song Jagajananai Sukhapani Kalyani was popularized by the great vocalist late Sri. M M Dhandapani Desikar whom the younger generation may not be aware of.In almost all his katcheries he used to sing this song and I think there is a recording of his rendering this song for the present day carnatic music loving youngsters to listen to.

Please see one of the posts where I have given this song by MMD and a song
Manim kanindu in the same raga ratipatipriya by MKT. Hope you will enjoy them.
Normally I hear the same song rendered by different musicians to appreciate
how they have dealt with it.

I don't think so S S Sir! in Chennai concerts this song is very popular. One added information is that many

young leading artists announce the composer of this song as M M D himself!! I have seen this on a CD too...
All my students learnt this song. :lalala:

ஜகத்ஜனனி பாட்டை ஒரு ஆறு வயது மாணவிக்குக் கற்றுக்கொடுத்தபோது, 'வேண்டும் வரம் தர இன்னும் வரம் இல்லையோ?'

என்று பாட, நான் கேட்டேன், 'ஜகத்ஜனனியிடமே வரம் இல்லை என்றால், நாம் எங்கே போய்க் கேட்போம்?' :noidea:

Anandi,

I have already posted this. Perhaps you have forgotten. A repeat is good.

No, Dear Ranganathan Sir, Actually when I thought of a patriotic song the first song came to my mind is this. So, I posted this one. This is such a song, you can hear it numerous times, an untiring song.... and I have posted another Bharatiyar song in another thread... Valli pani malayil.... that one also fantastic song... what a superb action for the song by Shri.Subaiya... whenever I think of an image of the great Bharatiyar only his face comes to my mind. Such perfection he had brought to the character- Respects Anandi

Dear Anandi,

I have posted 'chinnanchiru kiLiyE' in the sweet voice of Smt. Sudha in page 5 (#41)

It is nice to hear any number of times... esp. from different leading artists!

Thank you.

Best wishes............

மெய் எழுத்துக்களை மிக அழுத்தமாக உச்சரிப்பது, ஸ்ரீமதி பட்டம்மாவும், அவர் வழி வந்தவர்களும் மட்டுமே!

நிறைய முதல் வரிசை வித்வான்கள், 'ம்' என்பதை விட்டுவிடுவார்கள். இல்லையென்றால்,
'மனம்', 'வரம்' போன்ற சொற்களை 'மநௌ', 'வரௌ' என்று பாடுவார்கள்!! :lalala:

Dear Anandi,

I have posted 'chinnanchiru kiLiyE' in the sweet voice of Smt. Sudha in page 5 (#41)

It is nice to hear any number of times... esp. from different leading artists!

Thank you.

Best wishes............
You are right Raji Madam... few songs are like that you can keep on listening for many times...they are ever green songs. Actually the way Smt. Nityasree sings her songs...I enjoy it... and the power in her voice is simply superb... I like watching her singing... A well known disciple of a well known Guru....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back