• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thullatha manamum thullum…….

Status
Not open for further replies.
whether your manam thullumo thullatho, but I am posting this
song here by Ilayaraja -janani janani by sri Adi Sankara-beginning with the
first verse siva-sakthyo, from Soundarya lahari. If your mind does not rejoice, please forgive me

Janani Janani Song With Lyrics- Thaai Moogambigai Singer & Music Ilayaraja - YouTube
What a question dear Ranganathan Sir, to such melodious and devotional song like this aadada manamum aadum.. Padata manamum padum..... very good song selection...

whether your manam thullumo thullatho, but I am posting this
song here by Ilayaraja -janani janani by sri Adi Sankara-beginning with the
first verse siva-sakthyo, from Soundarya lahari. If your mind does not rejoice, please forgive me

Janani Janani Song With Lyrics- Thaai Moogambigai Singer & Music Ilayaraja - YouTube

Shiva shaktya yukto yadi bhavati shaktah prabhavitum
Na che devam devo na khalu kushalah spanditum api
Atas tvaam aaraadhyaam hari-hara-virinchyaadibhirapi
Pranantum stotum va katham akrta-punyah prabhavati

Dear Sir,

You may not know that I posted this song long back in the other thread, which is on inspirational songs.

I give 100% marks to Ilayaraja for this song... The video is not so good... esp the wrong pradhakshiNam!!
[/QUOTE

Thanks for pointing out. There are too many threads. Thats why this confusion. sorry

[FONT=&quot]As all of us know Lalita, Padmini and Ragini are called the Travancore sisters. All have seen more of Smt. Padmini’s dance, but Smt. Ragini was more famous in Malayalam than in Tamil. Here are two best performances of Ragini one from Tamil and one from Malayalam..[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A very beautiful song.. Madurai Arasalum Meenaxi… [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A beautiful combination of song and dance…sung by Shri. Srigazhi Govindarajan… [/FONT]

AzhagAna mAran is set in chaste Bhairavi rAgam and sung impressively by Smt. P. Leela.

I think she was also more popular in Kerala than in Tamil Nadu! Treat for the eyes and ears! :thumb:

Re #135 There is a Carnatic music song (composed by Ganam Krishna Iyer) jagajjanani. rAgA: bhairavi/ratipatipriyA. Adi tALA (A song liked by my late eldest brother). I was trying to find the lyrics and a youtube rendition by a well known artist. (During that search I stumbled on the Thaai Moogambikai (#135) song - I did not listen and I wish I did - I missed out on hearing Adi Sankara's Siva Saktyo). Here is a youtube link of that song (by Ganam Krishna Iyer). Priya Sisters MM2007 08_Jagath Janani - YouTube

Lyrics:
P: jagajjanani sukhapANi kalyANi
A: sukha svarUpiNi madhuravANi sokkanAthar manam magizhu mInAkSi
C: pANDya kumAri bhavAni ambA shiva pancami paramEshvarI
vENdu varangaL tara innum manam vallaiyO vEdavEdAnta nAda svarUpi

Dear Prof.MSK Sir,

Thanks for posting the nice song. Two corrections in the lyrics.

A : magizhum Meenakshi

C: vEndum varam thara innum manam illaiyo

My student once asked me why the rAgam is Rathipati priyA ... why not Manmadha priya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back