• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Thullatha manamum thullum…….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two beautiful songs on Lord Krishna.... sung by the Legend... MS and the vanambadi of South.. K.S.Chitra....
‪Kurai ondrum illai‬‏ - YouTube
‪Enna Thvam‬‏ - YouTube
Kerala has this State Youth Festival at different levels; school level, Dist level and then the state level…. Almost all the school students participate in this and exhibit their talents. I too have got the opportunity to perform on different levels till my college level. What a competition between the students, now it has become more severe. One such group dances from the youth festival stage of Kerala for you

‪GROUP DANCE-MEERA AND PARTY. KERALA STATE SCHOOL KALOTSAVAM -2010 . VIVEKODAYAM BHSS TRICHUR‬‏ - YouTube

Dear Raji madam,
Thanks. As you rightly said , the music and dance posted here is for all our
friends , although I do not know how many of them like pure carnatic classical.

'ஒரு சங்கீத வித்வானின் கச்சேரியைக் கேட்டு, ஆவலுடன் அமர்ந்து ரசித்த பெண்மணி, துக்கடாப் பகுதி வந்தவுடன்

எழுந்து, 'ஆசை முகம்?' என்று கேட்க, அவர் 'மறந்து போச்சே!' என்று கூற, அரங்கமே சிரிப்பலைகளால் நிரம்பியதாம்!

வித்வான் திரு 'செம்மங்குடி'யா அல்லது 'அரியக்குடி'யா என்று எனக்கு 'மறந்து போச்சே!' :noidea:

I think SSI

I think SSI

'அரியக்குடி' அவர்களின் நகைச்சுவை உணர்வு மிகவும் சிலாகித்துச் சொல்லப்படுவதால், எனக்கு இந்தச்

சந்தேகம் வந்தது. திரு செம்மங்குடி அவர்களே இந்தப் பாடலுக்கு இசை அமைத்ததாகவும் நினைவு! :decision:

‪Andru vanthathum athey nila ever green hit song‬‏ - YouTube

anru vandhathum they nila - i heard this song, not on the radio, but live in a viswanathan ramamurthi concert early 1960s.

i loved the 'cha cha cha' bit, and overjoyed that even we tamilians could improvise a western dance.

about 30 years later, another memorable rendition of this song was by tms/psuseela, here live in toronto, on a freezing minus 25 celsius winter evening. both were in their 70s, but the voices were clear and bell sounding.

tms had an interesting story re kannadasan's view of how அதே நிலா is the same as இதே நிலா ...

no matter what, this song, is i think, timeless. would have listened to it over 100 times over all these years.

tms had an interesting story re kannadasan's view of how அதே நிலா is the same as இதே நிலா ...
Is it possible to give the story in full, Sir? The tunes of those two words are different!! :music:

Is it possible to give the story in full, Sir? The tunes of those two words are different!! :music:

i am racking my brains.. but i forget. time and age, i guess. all i remember, is that tms had an anecdote with each song, including the paasa malar, malarndhu malaraadha paadhi malar. but memory fails me here.

sorry raji.

i was hoping it might click with someone else who knows the story.

i am racking my brains.. but i forget. time and age, i guess. all i remember, is that tms had an anecdote with each song, including the paasa malar, malarndhu malaraadha paadhi malar. but memory fails me here.

sorry raji.

i was hoping it might click with someone else who knows the story.

Dear Sri. Kunjuppu, Greetings.

Here is the vedio... ‪Andru vanthathum athey nila ever green hit song‬‏ - YouTube

(But the quality is not that good... So, here is the nice audio ... Raaga Jukebox )

Movie - Periya idathup Penn.

Cheers!

Friends,

An interesting anecdote. In the story ' Nandanar ', sri Gopalakrishna Bharathi
composed a song ' ayya meththa kadinam '. This means it is very difficult;
that is , it is difficult to see the God of Chidambaram. This is sung by MM D Desikar
in raagamalika .

Referring to this song of Bharathi, Bhagawan Ramana said ' ayya athi sulabam '
meaning it is very easy. He means that it is not difficult to see within and to
see the Lord seated there, it is just easy. Where is the difficulty ?

Here is the song :

‪MMD-Ayye Methha Kadinam~

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here comes the legend.. MS again…with her mesmerizing voice and clarity….[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-87oXpW-KU&feature=related[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgkxff-Dy20&feature=related[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Trissur Pooram.. the famous Madathil varavu… panchavadyam… and we people of Kannimangalam gramam, Nemmara, palakkad dist… very much enjoy this panchavadyam with full heart.. as we too celebrate… Kanda sashti as sashtivilakku in our gramam for 2 days.. with 3 elephants and panchavadyam.. all of us attend the festival without fail.. and revive our old days with childhood friends…and as seen in the video we too do the gestures and enjoy the panchavadyam with full heart.. I do… and very much proud to enjoy the way it has to be enjoyed… [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu7Z4sbcYtA&feature=related[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And the typical dance form of God’s own country…. Kathakali…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbw2sub2hcY[/FONT]

Dear Anandi,

I had the opportunity of visiting the temples at Thrissur, with my younger sister, in March 2011.

You can find the write-up in the 34th page of my thread பயணக் க(வி)தைகள்.
I wrote about Thrissur pooram festival also along with a couple of photos. :bounce:

Best wishes,
Raji Ram

raaga.com serves carnatic music lovers with very good collection of songs and concerts.
Today I listened to the concert of Smt. Sudha, sung at Philadelphia in 2007. Carnatic
Dear Raji madam, I do enjoy Carnatic music, though I am no connoisseur. But I have a grouse, Carnatic music is stuck in one place, not moving at all. I see no innovation, true innovation coming out. It is the same old songs, same old style, same old format.

Cheers!

Mama if there is innovation and different styles and format, then it won't be "carnatic" music any longer

Dear Prof. Sir,

It is true that 'OLD IS GOLD'. I have seen rasikAs who just wait for a particular difficult 'sangathi' from their favorite

musician, though they know very well how it will be! I wait for a few 'rocket' sangathis of Smt. MSS, Smt. Sudha,

Sri. Balamuralikrishna and the one and only mandolin wizard U. Srinivas! Some musicians have tried to make fusion

music having carnatic music as base and finally most of them turn out to be a great confusion! There is beauty in

tradition, may it be attire, jewels, paintings, temples. The songs being sung for so many hundreds of years show

their greatness. When classical numbers in western music remain the same, people do enjoy. In carnatic music,

only the format remains the same but the same song will differ when sung by different artists. One more beauty is

that it is not monotonous. Each artist has his / her own style of singing the rAgAs and swaraprasthAarAas. And there

are different 'schools' too! The styles of singing have definitely changed now a days and artists can present a rAgam

thAnam pallavi within 30 mts. You may wonder if you know that RTP was sung for not less than one and half hours,

earlier. We have heard of concerts which started around 7 p.m and extend till wee hours of next morning! I have

heard one of Madurai Somu's concerts when I was a kid! I was just wonderstruck by the stamina of his voice!

To put it in a nut shell, Carnatic music is a vast ocean and we can enjoy whichever drop fascinates us!

:music:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back