• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

Thillu mullu samaiyal! [ aka The Clever Cooking]

Taste vary! But when they vary so much that it becomes impossible to cook a common dish for the entire family, the lady of the house has to resort to The Clever Cooking.

If one member of the family does not like onion but can't trace its presence, add ground onion to the dish.
If one member of the family does not like tomato but can't trace its presence, add ground tomato to the dish.

Often this does not stop with just tomatoes and onions. The scheme is extended ti include carrots, snake gourds and any vegetable which the chutney jar can handle! :)

Everybody is happy after the tasty meal. Some because they do not the constituents of the dish and the others because they know. :)

ENDS JUSTIFIES THE MEANS! ALL IS WELL THAT ENDS WELL!!

Thillu mullu samaiyal! [ aka The Clever Cooking]

Taste vary! But when they vary so much that it becomes impossible to cook a common dish for the entire family, the lady of the house has to resort to The Clever Cooking.

If one member of the family does not like onion but can't trace its presence, add ground onion to the dish.
If one member of the family does not like tomato but can't trace its presence, add ground tomato to the dish.

Often this does not stop with just tomatoes and onions. The scheme is extended ti include carrots, snake gourds and any vegetable which the chutney jar can handle! :)

Everybody is happy after the tasty meal. Some because they do not the constituents of the dish and the others because they know. :)

ENDS JUSTIFIES THE MEANS! ALL IS WELL THAT ENDS WELL!!
I am one who use the mixie jar often! Mosty for cheating!

Yes... All is well till what I do in the kitchen is NOT watched! 😄

Well, doesn't it spoil someone who wants to follow tradition of not eating onion/garlic?

Anyways, my wife can find all ingredients Ground or otherwise. So am I,( most of them.)

I love to cook & add spices. Vary usual methods and combinations
Thillu without Mullu prick is good

No objectionable items get into the mixie jar. It is to make a person eat a few veg which are not relished, like snake gourd and radish!
We all say NO to garlic.

Well, doesn't it spoil someone who wants to follow tradition of not eating onion/garlic?

Anyways, my wife can find all ingredients Ground or otherwise. So am I,( most of them.)

Actually The Scheme and The Name belong to my younger sister Smt. Raji Ram. :ROFLMAO:

I was not sure whether I have to drag her in this and so I did not mention her name. :unsure:

Now that she herself has come forward to disclose the origin, I am more than happy to share this with you.

We do not feed people with objectionable items but only with those items they choose to object to! ;)

You and Mam must be connoisseurs to be able to find the items - blended as well as nor blended into food.
This reminds me of a funny story.

There was the super-taste-master who could name each and every drink that had been used in making the cocktail. His fame had spread far and wide. So by the Law of Nature some one must use a muLLU with dhillu to break his bubble of ego! Right? :devilish:

One day he was offered a strange liquid and told to identify it. It was a strange liquid quite unknown to him.
It had no smell, no flavor, no taste and no color! He took a sip, rolled his tongue and repeated it very often but could not identify the strange drink. o_O

He confessed his failure and said, " I do not know what it is but I swear no one will buy it paying money!" YET the strange drink - which was just plain and clean water - is the one which is being sold for a very good price all over the world now! 👏

Bonus info:

Louis XIV also known as The Sun King has bathed just once in his life time - that too for medical reasons!
The Royalty and the rich never bathed but used powders and perfumes to conceal their stench. I bet they did not need a dog to sniff out any person. Anyone could do it! :sick:

They did not used even to wash after attending Nature's calls but used to wipe off with a dry cloth. Ladies had to carry smelling salt with them all the time - since they might swoon from their own fragrance! :eek:

Last edited:
A proverb a day to brighten the day.

322a. Schneiden Sie einen Diamanten mit einem Diamanten.
322b. Cut a diamond with a diamond.

There is a solution to every single problem we may face in life.
The problem will remain a problem - only till we find a solution.

footnotes:-
Sie = You
Schneiden = cut
einen = a
Diamanten = diamond
mit = with
einem = a
Diamanten = diamond.

1601241576920.png

உற்பத்தி காண்டம்

துய்யதோர் மறைக ளாலும் துதித்திடற் கரிய செவ்வேள்
செய்ய பே ரடிகள் வாழ்க சேவலும் மயிலும் வாழ்க
வெய்ய சூர் மார்பு கீண்ட வேற்படை வாழ்க அன்னான்
பொய்யில் சீர் அடியார் வாழ்க வாழ்க இப்புவனம் எல்லாம்

323a. Wer Ihnen über jemanden klatscht, wird sicherlich jemandem über Sie klatschen.
323b. He who gossips to you about someone will surely gossip about you to someone.

Two types of people can't keep their mouth shut for long...
those who "live to eat" using their teeth like a grinding mill and
those who "live to chat" for spreading
rumors with added masAlA.
This is misusing the tongue in both possible ways! :(

Wer = He who
klatscht = gossips
Ihnen = to you
über = about
jemanden = someone
wird = will
sicherlich = surely
klatschen = gossip
jemandem = to someone
über = about
Sie = you.

A, B, C, D and E were talking about some serious National issue. After some time, A had to leave on some urgent business and immediately the topic of discussion became A.

B left on some chore and immediately B became the new topic of their discussion. The same thing was repeated with C and D. The gossips stopped when only E was left all alone with no one to talk to.

Such is the mentality of some human beings. Whoever is absent will be torn to shreds, washed and hung out in the Sun for drying! If man decides NOT to talk about anyone who is not present there...the whole world will become very silent suddenly!

The seven characteristics of life include:
  • responsiveness to the environment;
  • growth and change;
  • ability to reproduce;
  • have a metabolism and breathe;
  • maintain homeostasis;
  • being made of cells; and.
  • passing traits onto offspring.
The top two need to be pondered over very carefully.

We are what we are to day because we stopped being responsive to and responsible for the environment.

Growth and change are just the increase in height, weight and girth but also the ability to modify to adapt to

the ever changing world - in every respect! Those who adapt survive and those who are adamant suffer.

New born baby is in its Birthday suit because mother's womb cannot make a dress for it. Also only the doctors / nurses in the room see the baby naked. But posing stark naked to celebrate 4th mAmAngam of one's existence on earth and putting to shame one's own grown up daughter !!! :eek:

She who sold the 'smell of her vagina' will stop at nothing! :sick:

Gwyneth Paltrow Embarrasses Daughter Apple After Posting Nude Photo on Her 48th Birthday

Gwyneth Paltrow totally embarrassed her 16-year-old daughter, Apple Martin, after posting a nude photo to Instagram to celebrate her 48th birthday. The ‘Shakespeare in Love’ actress received praise from friends...

Last edited:

324a. Wenn ein Dieb und ein Wächter Busenfreunde werden, können sie den ganzen Tag ohne Angst stehlen.
324b. When a thief and a watchman become bosom friends, they can steal all day long without any fear.

A 'koottaNi' must be formed with the right persons for success of any foul scheme.
What better scheme than to befriend the watchman, to be allowed to steal at leisure?

footnotes:
Wenn = When / If
ein = a
Dieb = thief
und = and
ein = a
Wächter = watchman
werden = become
Busenfreunde = bosom friends,
sie = they
können= can
den ganzen Tag = the whole day
stehlen = steal
ohne = without
Angst = fear.

Good health VS Good looks!

Most women and some men would go to any length to have a good look -
even at the cost of sacrificing their good health.

https://brightside.me/inspiration-h...-health-and-what-you-can-wear-instead-794780/

Attachments area

Preview YouTube video What May Have Caused the Death of Elizabeth I

What May Have Caused the Death of Elizabeth I

325a. Er geht schneller, der alleine geht. Er geht weiter, der mit einem anderen geht.
325b. He goes faster, who goes alone. He goes farther, who goes with another.

Safety verses Speed. Alone, one can go faster. But in a group, one will be safer.

footnotes:
Er = He
geht = goes
schneller = faster
der = who
geht = goes
alleine = alone.
Er = He
geht = goes
weiter farther
der = who
geht = goes
mit = with
einem anderen = another.

1601493202204.png

Nature VS Fashion.

Women ( at least some of them) would go to any length to look beautiful. But their concept of beauty is rather weird. According to me being healthy and happy is being beautiful. I do not believe in having cat's eyes or lips resembling those of a fish or wasp waist or a padded bottom or silicon filled boobs or Botox filled face.

Corsets were ( and even now are) worn to give a shape to the body. They are tied to the body so tight that all the internal organs have to reshuffle themselves to fit in the available space and shape.

Lung's capacity gets reduced, liver gets crushed into the space in between the ribs, stomach gets pushed down and in turn pushes out all the other organs already there!

Why all this fuss??? To hold on to her roving eyed-fickle minded man, who may desert her at the drop of a hat, for a younger and more pretty woman!!

One famous controversial celebrity recently wore her corset so tight that she could not only NOT breathe air but also NOT drink water NOR empty her bladder / bowels. That means no drinking or eating until she gets out of her killer corset! All these sufferings to please the ogling and lust filled eyes or random people! :(

326a. Stille Wasser sind tief. Stille Hunde sind gefährlich.
326b. Still waters run deep. Silent dogs are dangerous.

Empty vessels make the most noise.
Lighter pan of a pair of scales rises up.

Oceans are still and silent.
Barking dogs seldom bite.

Stille = Still
Wasser = waters
sind = are
tief = deep.
Stille = Silent
Hunde = dogs
sind = are
gefährlich = dangerous.

What happens in your old age depends on whether or not you are a duck that lays gold eggs! :)
Can human beings lay eggs made of gold? Yes most certainly - if they 'earn' a handsome pension!! :)

When the pension runs into 5 or 6 figures, the oldies are kept in super comfort and taken good care of.
Longer they live, longer the money will be flowing in to the family's money bin - to be enjoyed by all.

If on the other hand the old man/ woman has nothing to fall back on or or does not 'earn' an attractive pension, he /she will be considered a burden and that truth will be driven home at every opportunity.

Small wonder Government job was the top priority in the marriage market decades ago. Whether the groom was tall, short, handsome, horrible looking, thin, fat fair, dark etc did not matter.

Maybe that is why everybody managed to get married in the past. Bride gave dowry and never expected that the groom must OWN a fully established home with all the modern facilities and a fancy vehicle to drive her around!

அருள்இல்லார்க்கு அவ்வுலகம் இல்லை பொருள்இலார்க்கு
இவ்வுலகம் இல்லாகி யாங்கு

(அதிகாரம்:அருளுடைமை குறள் எண்:247)

I do not care for gold or for being a golden member.
But it is a relief to see my posts undisturbed by the umpteen advertisements.

Very recently I found ads in between every two paragraphs in everyone of my posts.
To make reading easier, I usually make my paragraphs very short and well spaced!

Thanks to everyone who made this feat possible! 🙏
No need to take off on one's heels soon after posting in a thread - to avoid the avalanche of ads!

327a. Alle guten Dinge kommen zu denen, die gelernt haben zu warten.
327b. All good things come to those who have learned to wait.

We must learn to wait for the appropriate time to have something, in fact anything.
To get a degree, one has to study for many years and wait.

To get a baby, the parents have to wait patiently for 40 weeks.
To get the fruit from a tree, one will have to wait for many years.

To grow a strong tree, man will have to wait for several decades.
To cultivate the fields, man has to wait for the appropriate season.

footnotes:
Alle = All
guten = good
Dinge = things
kommen = come
zu = to
denen die = those who
haben = have
gelernt = learnt
zu = to
warten = wait.

328a.
Meiner Ansicht nach. Deshalb existiere ich.
328b. I think. Therefore I exist.

A man who is still capable of thinking is alive. Otherwise he is dead.
Remember Stephen Hawking who could do NOTHING except thinking?

Thinking is known as 'Chinthan' aka 'sindhanai' in Tamil.
Worrying is known a 'ChinthA' aka 'chinthAkulam' in Tamil.

'Chinthan' is a positive emotion which helps in creativity.
But 'Chintha' is a negative emotion which ruins our health.

Man can't help thinking as long as he lives.
Remember the line,"I think. Therefore I exist"

But man can stop worrying and start living
without having to kill his power of thinking.

Chinthan karO! magar ChintA math karO!
[ Indulge in thinking but not in worrying!]

அசுர காண்டம்

ஊரி லான்குணங் குறியிலான் செயல்இலான் உரைக்கும்
பேரி லான்ஒரு முன்னிலான் பின்னிலான் பிறிதோர்
சாரி லான்வரல் போக்கிலான் மேலிலான் தனக்கு
நேரி லான்உயிர்க் கடவுளாய் என்னுள்ளே நின்றான்

329a. Geld wird nicht durch Sünde befleckt.
329b. Money does not get stained by sin.

If only money gets stained by sin committed to earn it...
if only money will bark when earned by selling a dog...
if only money will stink when earned by selling a foul smelling candle...
if only money will turn red when earned by committing a crime...
maybe man will be more careful as to how he earns the money!

footnotes:
Geld = Money
wird = will
nicht = not
befleckt = get stained
durch = by
Sünde = sin.

Latest ads

Back