• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

The Real mother VS Fake mother!

Judgement of Solomon.

In one account, known as the judgement of Solomon, two women came before Solomon to resolve a quarrel over which was the true mother of a baby.
When Solomon suggested they should divide the living child in two with a sword, one woman said she would rather give up the child than see it killed.
Solomon then declared the woman who showed compassion to be the true mother, and gave the baby to her.

So the 'real mother' tries to protect the child.
The 'other mother' tries to destroy the child.
The other name for the other mother ...'Monster'!

Mothers will be always mothers!!

They expect their children to be or become perfect!!

So they keep motivating / criticizing / encouraging all the time!

We have to learn to live with them and the bothering mothering!!!

One can't disown one's own mother for being a ideal mother!

Right???

Shared by a friend from his facebook and slightly modified by me.

The formula for SUCCESS:-

Set your Goals
Understand the obstacles
Create a positive mental picture
Clear your mind of self doubts
Embrace the challenge
Stay on the chosen path
Show the world you can do it

On the same day Mahatma Gandhi was shot dead many other
mishaps happened.

But whenever God closes one door - He always opens another.
When we reach a crossroads we are given a new option and a new choice.

So do not blame The Hand that closed a door.
May be The Hand wanted you to choose a new path!

Do not get confused a the cross roads!
Use the chance to choose a better path.

Life must go may be on in the right or the wrong direction.
But always remember that you have made the choice by yourself!

Even relocation within USA need 2 to 3 days!
Packing, keeping the other things safe and cleaning the place needs one day.
The actual travel and the driving time and waiting time takes another day.
Setting up the things stored safely in the new location needs another day!
WOW! Life seems to have become what is fondly denoted by living out of a suitcase.
The only difference is it is more than just one suitcase!

Blow hot....Blow cold!

The car seat was a hot plate in the place from where we left.
The wheel chair was as cold as ice- where we landed!

So how does one dress up for such a journey- so as not to get either roasted or end up becoming frozen?

Did I come under SSSS special security check category because I shook hands with someone in the airport 2 years ago (?!)

Yesterday the cutest kid was cooing and trying to attract my attention. She and her young parents were sitting just to my right side.

I am happy and relieved now - that I did not try to become more friendly with either the baby or its parents.

Six men in uniform turned up from nowhere - each carrying a suitcase. They questioned the young father for a few minutes - making him stand all the time.

Then they attached some electrical connections to his index fingers and the grilling continued. I could see the young man make many jerks and small jumps.

What was going on? Was it a polygraph test or something similar to it? I had no idea.

Then four more men arrived - pushing something like a giant stretcher on wheels with more suitcases and joined in the grilling.

Finally they all packed their suitcases and left quietly. Obviously the young man was 'clean'

Moral:

Do not smile even at cute babies- since their parents may bring on some of their own troubles on to you too!

My checked - in bag was apparently turned upside down and checked by the TSA. I can imagine their puzzled expression when they could not identify the pazhani vibhoothi and the kAmAkshi kunkumam found in my bag. Despite all their deep knowledge in chemistry these articles must have remained a perfect mystery!

The pooNool threads, the nOnbu charadus, thAli charadus must have confused them all the more. I forgot to mention the BIG Eyetex chimizh and the sticker pottus in various colors and sizes.

So I must have made them run for their money!

No one can repack the bag packed by me once again - since it is usually a meticulous 3D packing.

So all the items were thrown back into the bag with a slip confessing that my bag was checked for ensuring the security of me as well as the others!

I usually tie a multi colored thick rope ( made by braiding three sari falls together) around all my bags. They serve in many ways.

I can identify my bags from far far away. The rope holds together the contents of the bag. It also protects the bag from getting ripped by the moving metal belt. It acts like a shock absorber.
when the bag rough lands on the belt!

The rope was thrown inside the bag along with the other contents. So I missed picking up my bag during its first two rounds!

Great quotes from Great men & women!

One machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man."

"An ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness."

"Never explain- your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway."

"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: Be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge."

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber."

"Your friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you."

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one."

(Elbert Hubbard)

My elder son always goes to a shop / store / mall to buy the things he needs.
I asked him why he was not using the services of Amazon and get the goods delivered at home.
He replied in a serious tone, "I do not want all these nice stores to get closed. "
He is right! One big giant fish (whale?) can gobble up all the other smaller fish to extinction.
But how many of us stop to ponder about the future of these stores?

THEN why do we need an election at all?

News Associated Press
US officials say foreign election hacking is inevitable
WASHINGTON (AP) - The hacking of U.S. election systems, including by foreign adversaries, is inevitable, and the real challenge is ensuring the country is resilient enough to withstand catastrophic problems from cyber breaches, government officials said Wednesday.

Indian Crabs (India naNdu)
These fictitious creatures are credited with this remarkable ability.
They can pull down any other naNdu trying to escape from the rest of the group - by climbing and reaching higher and higher.

American Crabs (America naNdu)
These real creatures can push the most unworthy crab in the group higher and higher - most often against the wishes of the chosen one!

Great quotes from great men & women

Geniuses are like ocean liners; they should never meet".
(Louis Aragon).

"Genius may have limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped".
(Elbert Hubbard).

Acquaintance: "A person whom we know well enough to borrow from but not well enough to lend to".
(Ambrose Bierce).

"Harangue: A speech by an opponent, who is known as an harang-outang".
(Ambrose Bierce).

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent dong nothing"
(George Bernard Shaw).

Great Quotes by great men & women
(originally posted by one Mr. R. R. )

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.(Gandhiji)

You must be the change you wish to see in this world. (Gandhiji)

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever. (Gandhiji)

To believe in something and not live it, is dishonest. (Gandhiji)

The weak never forgive, forgiveness is the attribute of the strongest. (Gandhiji)

Keep your head and your heart in the right direction and you'll never have to worry about your feet. (unknown)

Touch me not!

The faucets dispense water without being touched.

The lights over the kitchen counter come ON or go OFF
without being switched on

The lights in the passages and garages come on by themselves and go off by themselves whenever someone moves there.

The bathroom light comes ON as soon as anyone enters in it and goes off after 5 minutes if the room is vacant.

Modern miracles using "No touch" policy continue to amaze me!

Will the people also stop touching one another in the future???

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go."

"Duty is what one expects from others, it is not what one does oneself."

"I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself."

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
(Oscar Wilde)

"Always acknowledge a fault frankly. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you the opportunity to commit more."

"Humor is mankind's greatest blessing."

"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example."

"Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand."
(Mark Twain)

Here Kids went for a 3 days' camp.
They have come back with darker complexion and real tired.

But they have learned the dignity of labor during the camp.
They had clean the tables/ make beds/ mop the floor - by turns.

This is very necessary in USA where one is supposed to do all one's household chores and maintain a garden or at least a lawn.

I remember the story told by my Tamil teacher in High School.
The rich man ( the hero of that story) was so spoilt by his wealth and comforts that he would call out to is gardener (who would be watering the plants) to come and plant his feet on his footstool.

It is no secret that most busy tailors refuse to do any kind of alterations or repair old dresses.

Today I altered my favorite travel dress and it took me more time than stitching new one! :(

I took the trouble since the dress in black and white looks formal. It has vertical stripes which can make me look slimmer and taller by optical illusion!

It can withstand cold and does not make me sweat profusely.

Most important of all - it does not make a beep or even a peep while I walk through the metal detector.

Why won't I spend so much time in restoring it?

Optical Illusions

1. To make a small room appear larger…decorate it in light colors.

2. To make a large room appear smaller…decorate with warm colors.

3. To make a wall appear closer… paint it with a darker shade of the same color as the other walls.

4. To make a wall appear farther away …paint it with a light shade of a cool color.

5. To make the floor look smaller…use a dark floor covering/ tile/carpet/ linoleum.

6. To make the floor larger… use a light floor covering.

7. To make the high ceiling appear lower…paint it with a slightly darker shade than the walls.

8. To raise the ceiling higher… paint it in a lighter shade than the walls.

9. To lower the ceiling of a very large room…paint the top section of the walls in the same darker shade as the ceiling.

10. To widen a narrow corridor..use light colors on the walls, floor and the ceiling.

11. To shorten a long corridor or a long room, paint the end walls with a dark or warm color.

12. To change the proportions of a corridor, use darker shade on the ceiling and floor and lighter shade on the walls.The space will now appear wider and lower.

13. To make a cool room cozy and warm; use peach, coral and apricot combination.

14. To make a warm room cool, use blue, grays and cool neutral colors.

15. To make room brighter, use a white glossy painting on the ceiling. The ceiling must be made be made perfectly smooth or the defects will be magnified!

Polish Proverb:
He who cannot dance blames the band for being under-rehearsed.

Chinese Proverb:
If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum.

Italian Proverb:
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back to the same box.

South American Proverb:
Do not insult Queen crocodile, until you have crossed the river.

African Proverb:
He who is carried on another's back does not appreciate how far the town is.

Japanese Proverb:
He who travels for love finds a thousand miles no farther than one.

Chinese Proverbs:

A smile will earn you ten more years of life.

When you have only two coins left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one and a lily with the other.

There is no economy in going to bed early to save candles, if the result is twins.

African Proverbs:

If a naked man runs through your village at the middle of the night, be sure to get dressed before you chase him.

When you are in love, a cliff becomes a meadow.

Abyssinian Proverb:

The whisper of a pretty girl can be heard further than the roar of a lion

Spanish Proverb:
"How beautiful it is to do nothing and then take rest afterwards."

Chinese Proverb:
"The palest ink is stronger than the clearest memory."

Japanese Proverb:
"One lovely smile can warm three winter months"

Cornish Proverb:
"Laughter and a generous giving make a heaven of a crowded room."

Danish Proverb:
"Bad is never good until worse happens!"

African Proverb:
"An army of sheep led by a lion would vanquish an army of lion led by a sheep."

Danish Proverb:"The road to a friend's house is never too long."

Russian Proverb:
"If you can't catch a Bird of Paradise, be content with an old wet hen."

Balkan Proverb:
"A good rest is half the work done."

Nigerian Proverb:
"Hold a true friend with both your hands."

Hebrew Proverb:
"If one person tells you that you have the ears of an ass pay no attention. If two people tell you this, go get yourself a saddle."

Turkish Proverb:
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day!"

Latest ads

Back