• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

இது எப்படி இருக்கு??

செருப்பின் அருமை வெய்யிலில் தெரியும்.
நெருப்பின் அருமை குளிரில் தெரியும்.

சோலையின் அருமை பாலையில் தெரியும்.
தோழியின் அருமை பிரிவில் தெரியும்.

Nature abhors vacuum of any kind...
of place, of time, of persons and of things
and let us not forget ' the problems'.

Create some space by rearranging things
and immediately it will be taken up another thing.

Get a few free hours of free time and
immediately an unplanned work
will surface and absorb that time.

Have more persons to help you in the house and
presto more work for everyone will create itself!!!

I am sure there is an Atma in everything around us
and they are watching us and waiting for
the most opportune moment!

Not just that !!!

They communicate among themselves eloquently
and decide on their own importance and urgency !!!

The Tale of Echo

A Greek Myth

Hera, the Queen of Mt. Olympus, cast a spell over her servant Echo for talking too much. As a punishment, Echo could henceforth only repeat what someone else said.

Poor Echo! She was in love with handsome Narcissus, and yearned to tell him so! One day Echo saw Narcissus admiring himself in a clear pond. Looking at his reflection, he vainly said to the face in the water, "I love you."

Echo repeated, "I love you," and meant it. But Narcissus thought it was his reflection that spoke and stood gazing at himself until he died and Hermes led him away to the Land of the Dead.

Echo pined for him till she, too, faded away. All that was left of her was her voice that can still be heard in certain hollow places, senselessly repeating the words of others.

Courtesy Story library.

The dentist was repeating every comment and every word twice.

When the patient became free to talk he asked,

"Doctor! Why did you have to speak all your words twice?"

The dentist replied nonchalantly,

'"I spoke only once! The second one was the echo!"

Marie Antoinette.

"Let them eat cake" is the traditional translation to English of the French phrase "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche", supposedly spoken by "a great princess" upon learning that the peasants had no bread.

Since brioche was enriched with butter and eggs, as opposed to ordinary bread, the quote supposedly would reflect the princess's obliviousness to the condition of the people.

While they are commonly attributed to Queen Marie Antoinette,there is no record of these words ever having been uttered by her. They appear in Jean-Jacques Rousseau's Confessions, his autobiography (whose first six books were written in 1765, when Marie Antoinette was nine years of age, and published in 1782).

Zhu Muzhi, president of the China Society for Human Rights Studies, asserts that Rousseau's version is an alteration of a much older anecdote: "An ancient Chinese emperor who, being told that his subjects didn't have enough rice to eat, replied, 'Why don't they eat meat?'"That emperor was recorded by historians as Emperor Hui of Jin.

Attribution

The quotation, as attributed to Marie Antoinette, was claimed to have been uttered during one of the famines that occurred in France during the reign of her husband Louis XVI. Upon being alerted that the people were suffering due to widespread bread shortages, the Queen is said to have replied, "Then let them eat brioche.

Although this anecdote, which first appears in a German children's book in 1931, "Pünktchen und Anton" by Erich Kästner,was never cited by opponents of the monarchy at the time of the French Revolution, it did acquire great symbolic importance in subsequent histories when pro-revolutionary historians sought to demonstrate the obliviousness and selfishness of the French upper-classes at that time.

As one biographer of the Queen notes, it was a particularly useful phrase to cite because "the staple food of the French peasantry and the working class was bread, absorbing 50 per cent of their income, as opposed to 5 per cent on fuel; the whole topic of bread was therefore the result of obsessional national interest."

Courtesy Wikipedia

The rulers have ALWAYS been blind to the real sufferings of their citizens

ஆணா அல்லது பெண்ணா???

மண்ணில் குழந்தை விழுந்த உடனேயே
பெண்ணா? ஆணா? எனத் தெரிந்து கொள்ள

விண் என்று ஓர் இடத்துக்கு அனைத்துக்
கண்களும் பாயும்... எய்த அம்புகள் போல!

காரணம் பிற வேறுபாடுகள் இராது!

அதன் பிறகு பெற்றோர் அல்லது ஆயா
'அதை'க் காணமுடியும்; மற்றோர் அல்ல!

அதைக் காட்டிக் கொண்டு திரிந்தாலும்
இதைச் சொல்லிப் பாடுவார்கள் கேலியாக!

"ஷேம்! ஷேம்! பப்பி ஷேம்!
ஆல் தி டாங்கிஸ் நோ யுவர் நேம்!"

மதி முகத்தைக் காட்ட வேண்டாம்!
கதி கலங்க வைக்கவும் வேண்டாம்!!

ஒரு சிறு விரல் நகம் போதும்
அறியலாம் ஆணா? பெண்ணா? என.

வெண்டைக் காய்க்கு ஏன் இந்தப் பெயர்?

"Ladies-finger"

பெண்கள் விரல் போல உள்ளது.
ஆண்கள் விரல் போல அல்ல!

ஒரு silhouette போதும் தாராளமாக!
ஒரு கண்ணோ, ஒரு புருவமோ போதும்!

ஒரு நாசியோ, உதடுகளோ போதும்!
வேறுபாடுகளைக் கண்டு பிடிப்பதற்கு!

ஆணும் பெண்ணும் சமம் என்று வாதாடுபவர்களே!

உருவம், உயரம், எடை, உடை, புஜ (உடல்) பலம், நிஜ (மதி) பலம் என்று அனைத்துமே மாறுபடும்; வேறுபடும்;

அதில் தவறில்லை!

ஒருவரை ஒருவர் மட்டம் தட்டிக் கொள்வது தவறு.
மகளிரை இரண்டாம் தரக் குடிமக்களாக்குவது தவறு.

பெண்கள் சுயமாகச் சிந்திக்கக் கூடாது அல்லது
துணிந்து செயல்படக் கூடாது என்பதும் தவறு

ஆண்களே நீங்களும் நன்றாக வாழுங்கள்!
ஆண்களே பெண்களையும் வாழ விடுங்கள்!

Kutties KNOW and UNDERSTAND much more than we will like to believe.

One day my grandson was very happy after he had nursed from his mom.

I said

"Yummy mummy... yummy tummy
yummy tummy ...happy tummy
happy tummy... happy baby"

My grand daughter laughed and this fellow understood that we were making fun of him. :)

He started objecting and crying immediately.
AND he was just 4 months old at that time.

He would wait patiently as long as his mom eats her food.
The moment she reached out for a second helping
he would start protesting and crying loudly!

Every child is a baby Krishna.
They can captivate everyone with their sweet smile.

Some adults become Krishna paramAthma
and render sermon on Bhagavath Gita you-know-when!!!

க்ருஷ்டையா.

மூன்றாவது servant quarters இல்
குடிபுகுந்தது அவன் குடும்பம்.

எங்களுக்கு வேலை செய்ததும்
இவனது மனைவி மனோரமாவே!

ஒரு மகன், ஒரு மகள் அவ்வளவே!

நல்ல வருமானம் கிடைத்தும் அது
அப்படியே wine ஷாப்புக்குப்
போய்விடுவதனால் அந்த வறுமை.

பகலெல்லாம் நன்றாக இருப்பான்.
இரவில் ஆளே மாறிவிடுவான்!

"மஹா பாரதமுலோ க்ருஷ்ண பரமாத்மா
ஏமி செப்பாடு தெலுசா?" என்ற தொடங்கி

மனோரமாவை சப்பாத்தி மாவு பிசைவான்.
குழந்தைகள் பயந்து வீறிட்டு அலறும்.

அவர்கள் முதுகிலும் நாலு சாத்துவான்.

அப்போது நாம் என்ன சொன்னாலும்
அவன் காதில் விழாது என்பதால்;

அடுத்த நாள்அறிவுரை சொன்னால்
குனிந்த தலை நிமிராமல் கேட்பான்.

"இனிக் குடிக்க மாட்டேன்!" என்று சத்தியம்
தன் தலை மேல் அடித்துச் செய்வான்.

"குடிகாரன் பேச்சு விடிந்தாலே போச்சு!"
இங்கும் அவன் பேச்சு மாலை வரை தான்!

இரவு மீண்டும் அதே கூத்து! அதே ரகளை!

அவள் அத்தனை பொறுமைசாலியாக
அவனுடன் ஏன் சேர்ந்து வாழ்ந்தாள்?

தாலி தந்த அந்த மெல்லிய வேலிக்காகவா?
தகப்பன் என்ற ஒருவன் தேவை என்றா?

அவனால் கால் காசு பிரயோஜனம் இல்லை!
பூவுக்கும் பொட்டுக்கும் அவள் தந்த மதிப்பா?

இதுதான் ஒரு சராசரி இந்தியப் பெண்ணின் வாழ்க்கையா?

We talk so much about TIME... making time, losing time, wasting time, creating time, enjoying time and waiting for the right time etc.

What do we refer to as TIME really???

#1.Time to ponder on TIME.

Time is a dimension in which events can be ordered from the past through the present into the future.

It is the measure of durations of various events and the intervals between those events.

Time has long been a major subject of study but defining it in a manner applicable to all fields namely Science, Philosophy and Religion has consistently eluded scholars.

Time is what clocks measure and "time is what keeps everything from happening all at once".

Two contrasting viewpoints on time divide many prominent philosophers.

One view is that time is part of the fundamental structure of the Universe, a dimension independent of events, in which events occur in sequence.

Sometimes this is referred to as Newtonian time.

The opposing view is that time does not refer to any kind of "container" that events and objects "move through".

Nor is it to any entity that "flows". It is part of a fundamental intellectual structure in relation to space and number. Within this frame humans can set in sequence and compare events.

This second view holds that time is neither an event nor a thing.

Hence time is not itself measurable nor can it be traveled either forwards or backwards.

It is NOT just LOVE that is blind.

Hatred is also equally blind.

But there is mild difference.

In LOVE we are blind to the bad qualities of the loved one!

In hatred we are blind to the good qualities of the hated one!

Small wonder both LOVE (RAgam) and HATRED (DhwEsham)

fall under the same category called 'kAmam'.

Which of these two hurt more...

misplaced LOVE or misplaced HATRED???

Does the sex education start in the elementary schools here?

Is it one way of making sure that the overgrown boys and girls in the elementary and middle schools do not misuse their privacy and freedom during the summer vacation - when their parents are away at work?

On the first day, a little girl was talking about having children of her own - scaring her parents out of their wits.

The next day she was talking about the unbearable pain involved in childbirth! A real good piece of info to deter little innocent girls from doing something foolish and with serious consequences.

On the third day she got educated on women's monthly periods, how to deal with them and was given two tiny sanitary pads for emergency use in the school.

I remembered the drops of dried blood I saw on the floor of the bathroom - during my recent visit to attend the music concert by school children.

I also remembered a funny incident that happened a few months ago while my husband was admitted in a hospital with severe UTI and need intravenous medication for 7 days continuously.

The canteen attached to the hospital sold everything from cooked food/ coffee/ tea/ milk/ cosmetics and other miscellaneous items that the patients might need.

One day an aayaah came running and moved to the head of the Q demanding something very urgently. She wanted sanitary pads for one of the doctors (?)

The woman standing behind me in the Q commented,
" IvaLaip paarunga! uchcha kattathilE Odi varaa!"

I still burst out laughing thinking of the various so called 'uchcha kattams' in one's mundane life!

Have you ever wondered the colours

that can appear on a human face?

He or she can turn .....

blood red with raging anger;

bright green with increasing envy;

black with bitter hatred,;

white with utter fear;

blue with sad thoughts;

and yellow with prejudice!

#2.Time to ponder on TIME.

Time is one of the seven fundamental physical quantities in the International System of Units.

Time is used to define other quantities like speed, velocity and acceleration.

So defining time in terms of such quantities would result in circularity of definition.

An operational definition such as the passage of a free-swinging pendulum constitutes one standard unit called 'second' is highly useful in the conduct of both advanced experiments and everyday affairs of life.

The operational definition leaves aside the question whether there is something called time that flows and that can be measured.

Investigation of Space time, a single continuum brings in questions about space into questions about time.

Furthermore, it may be that there is a subjective component to time, but whether or not time itself is "felt" as the other personal experience or as a sensation has never been settled.

Time is also of significant social importance. It has economic value since "Time is money"

Time has tremendous personal value since we know that time once lost is lost forever.

Time and Tide wait for none. Time available is further limited by human lifespan.

One honest student asked his master why none of the teachings entered his head.

The master replied, "Son! Your head is already full.
Unless you throw out the junk and garbage filling it
and make space, nothing can ever enter into it!"

Real Life Mathematics!

When Maths is defied...!!!

If we throw a stone on a tree with one bird...

that bird it will fly away leaving none behind.

If we throw a stone on a tree with ten birds...

or with one hundred birds or one thousand birds...

NONE will be left behind since every bird will fly away!

Corollary:

Life is not always obeying the laws of mathematics!!!

Real life Mathematics

When real life happenings defy Mathematics!!!

Two of my sisters living in the same neighborhood have employed maid servants to help them with the household chores.

These maids take about 2 hours to finish all the chores in each house - while working alone.

So when both of them turn up for work, it should get finished in one hour.

(Law of inverse proportion. When More hands do the work only less time will be needed.)

But they take the usual 2 hours or even more defying the law of mathematics!!!

WHY???

The TALK more than they work and hence the work takes more than the usual time.

எதற்கு எடுத்தாலும் மேற்கத்தியரைப் புகழ்பவர்களின் கவனத்துக்கு!

எவ்வளவு துல்லியமாக காலத்தை அளந்துள்ளார்கள் நம் மூதாதையர்!!!

நொடி, நாழிகை, நாள் என காலத்தைக் கணிப்பது தெறிப்பு அளவை ஆகும்.

1 குழி (குற்றுழி) = 6.66 மில்லி செகன்ட் (கார்த்திகை நாள்மீன் ஒரு முறை மின்னும் நேரம்)

10 குழிகள் = 1 கண்ணிமை (66.6666 மில்லி செகன்ட்)

2 கண்ணிமை = 1 கைநொடி (0.125 செகன்ட்)

2 கைநொடி = 1 மாத்திரை (0.25 செகன்ட்)

6 கண்ணிமை = 1 சிற்றுழி (நொடி) (0.40 செகன்ட்) (ஒரு நீருள்ள பாத்திரத்தில் மூங்கில் குழலால் ஊதும் பொழுது ஏற்படும் குமிழியானது ஒரு சாண் அளவு உயரும் நேரம்)

2 மாத்திரை = 1 குறு (0.5 செகன்ட்)

2 நொடி = 1 வினாடி (0.8 செகன்ட்) ஒரு மனிதனின் இதயம் ஒரு முறை துடிக்கும் நேரம்

2 குறு = 1 உயிர் (1 செகன்ட்)

5 நொடிகள் = 2 உயிர் = 1 சாணிகம் = 1/2 அணு (2 செகன்ட்)

10 நொடிகள் = 1 அணு ( 4 செகன்ட்)

6 அணு = 12 சாணிகம் = 1 துளி = 1 நாழிகை வினாடி (24 செகன்ட்)

10 துளிகள் = 1 கணம் (4 நிமிடம்)

6 கணம் = 1 நாழிகை (24 நிமிடம்)

10 நாழிகை = 4 சாமம் = 1 சிறுபொழுது = 240 நிமிடம் = 4 மணிநேரம்

6 சிறுபொழுது = 1 நாள் = 24 மணிநேரம்

7 நாள் = 1 கிழமை (1 வாரம்)

2 1/2 நாழிகை = 1 ஓரை

3 3/4 நாழிகை = 1 முகூர்த்தம்

2 முகூர்த்தம் = 1 சாமம்

4 சாமம் = 1 பொழுது

2 பொழுது = 1 நாள்

15 நாள் = 1 அழுவம் (பக்கம்)

29.5 நாள் = 1 திங்கள் (30 நாள் = 1 மாதம்)

2 திங்கள் = 1 பெரும்பொழுது

6 பெரும்பொழுது = 1 ஆண்டு

64 ஆண்டு = 1 வட்டம்

4096(= 8^4) = 1 ஊழி

(கட்டற்ற கலைக்களஞ்சியமான விக்கிப்பீடியாவில் இருந்து.)

காலை = முதல் சிறுபொழுது -
1 சாமம் முதல் 4 சாமம் வரை
( 6 முதல் 10 மணி வரை)

நண்பகல் - இரண்டாம் சிறுபொழுது -
5 சாமம் முதல் 8 சாமம் வரை
(10 முதல் 2 மணி வரை)

ஏற்பாடு - மூன்றாம் சிறுபொழுது
9 சாமம் முதல் 12 சாமம் வரை
(2 முதல் 6 மணி வரை)

மாலை - நான்காம் சிறுபொழுது
13 சாமம் முதல் 16 சாமம் வரை
(6 முதல் 10 மணி வரை)

இடையாமம் - ஐந்தாம் சிறுபொழுது
17 சாமம் முதல் 20 சாமம் வரை
(10 முதல் 2 மணி வரை)

வைகறை - ஆறாம் சிறுபொழுது
21 சாமம் முதல் 24 சாமம் வரை
(2 முதல் 6 மணி வரை)

பெரும்பொழுது

கார் - ஆவணி, புரட்டாசி

கூதிர் - ஐப்பசி, கார்த்திகை

முன்பனி - மார்கழி, தை

பின்பனி - மாசி, பங்குனி

இளவேனில் - சித்திரை, வைகாசி

முதுவேனில் - ஆனி, ஆடி

Time to post the next link???

கந்த புராணம் - உற்பத்தி காண்டம்

இது ஒரு மாக் கடல் தான்!
இது ஒரு பாக் கடலும் கூட!

மொத்தம் ஆறு காண்டங்கள்;
நூற்று நாற்பத்தொரு படலங்கள்;

பதினாயிரத்து முன்னூன்று
நாற்பது ஐந்து ‘பா’க்கள்!

கந்த புராணத்தை எழுத
கந்தனே அருள வேண்டும்!

முயற்சி உடையார் இகழ்ச்சி அடையார்!

ஆனை முகனும், ஆறு முகனும், அன்னையும்
அருள் புரிந்தால் எல்லாமே சாத்தியம் ஆகும் .

இது வேதம் கூறும் சத்தியம்.

நம்பிக்கையுடன் தொடர்ந்து படிப்போம்
நம்பியின் கதையை நாம் அனைவரும்!

Ramayanam in Telugu is very short.

It just consists of four words arranged in three lines.

Oka maata (orE sol)!

Oka baaNa (orE ambu)!!

Oka bhaarya (orE manaivi)!!!

Can we further reduce rAmAyaNa to just three words???

Yes of course!!!!

SEDNDRAAN ( rAma went to the forest)

KONDRAAN ( rAma killed the wicked Ravana)

VENDRAAN (rAma became a victorious chakravarthi)

How do you like it???

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Answer:

The letter "e" which is the most common letter used in the English language, does not appear even once in the paragraph.

I do not think this is a great feat.
But the following ONE definitely is!

Laudable Lipogram!

Books in which certain letters of the English alphabets are omitted deliberately are called Lipograms. Writing such a book is difficult by itself. But imagine writing a novel, without the use of the letter “e”– the most used alphabet in English!

But the American author Ernest Vincent Wright has performed this miraculous task. He had written 300 pages long novel “Gadsby” containing more than 50,000 words, without using the vowel “e” even once!

Wright had taped down the key with “e” on it, so that it would be impossible to use it. He chose his words carefully and succeeded in writing a novel, in which words seem to flow freely and naturally and are not noticeably forced or strained!

It took him 165 days to write this unique book. Not a single word of the text contains the letter “e”! However the strain of writing such a book was too much for him. He died on the very day of the publication of his book!

Gadsby has become highly prized by the collectors of rare books. Today a copy can be sold for more than 1000 U.S Dollars!

Wright’s willful wrestling with words was not wasted after all!

Visalakshi Ramani

P.S.
The fact that the letter 'e' occurs maximum number of times in English is used in decoding secret messages.

Love Life and Laugh!

Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass;
Life is learning to dance when it pours!

None change the direction of the wind;
But one can set the sails to suit the wind

May LOVE with all its rich flavor
Become OURS forever and ever.

Mothers WILL always be mothers!!! (From a forwarded mail.)

Apparently mothers haven't changed all that much in the past few centuries. :)

COLUMBUS' MOTHER:
"I don't care what you've discovered, you still could have written!"

MICHELANGELO'S MOTHER:
"Can't you paint on walls like other children? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get that stuff off the ceiling?"

NAPOLEON'S MOTHER:
"All right, if you aren't hiding your report card inside your jacket, take your hand out of there and show me."

ABRAHAM LINCOLN'S MOTHER:
"Again with the stovepipe hat? Can't you just wear a baseball cap like the other kids?"

MARY'S MOTHER:
"I'm not upset that your lamb followed you to school, but I would like to know how he got a better grade than you."

HUMPTY DUMPTY’S MOTHER: "If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times NOT TO go climbing walls you egghead.. and then you get the whole bloody royal family to try to fix you!”

ALBERT EINSTEIN'S MOTHER:
"But it's your senior picture. Can't you do something about your hair? Styling gel, mousse, something...?"

THOMAS EDISON'S MOTHER:
"Of course I'm proud that you invented the electric light bulb. Now turn it off and get to bed!"

MONA LISA'S MOTHER:
"After all that money your father and I spent on braces, that's the biggest smile you can give us?"

Latest ads

Back