• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

Yes Renu! You are correct.
In a movie (Indian???) the first thing the police does to destroy the self confidence and self esteem of the women is to strip them. I remember the scene where the women run like mad people to jump off a cliff and drown their naked bodies. :scared:

Dear VR ji,

Yes I remember that scene..such scenes should be censored cos it would just encourage suicide when a woman is faced with a situation like this.

Even in the Movie Robot...when Chitti saves a girl who is bathing and unclothed from a raging fire..the girl runs into a bus and kills herself cos she felt that everyone saw her uncovered body.

This scene also should have been censored cos it would just encourage girls in such situation to die in a fire instead of running out for help.

But in real life..I do not think anyone would rather die when faced with such situations.

I can't remember which actor it was in 2006 during the major Tsunami..a Chinese actor was swimming in a hotel swimming pool with his children when the Tsunami hit.
He said that he saw people running out of their hotel rooms unclothed when the Tsunami hit the hotel.

He almost lost his 2 kids but his maid held on to some tree and held his kids till he could swim and save them all.
It was a close shave for him and he has become a philanthropist now.

A typical rude awakening from a life of pleasure to philanthropy!!!
But why were all those people unclothed???

In the Western Countries nudity is not considered shameful.
In fact they like to expose their bodies as much as possible-real, magnified, diminished or enhanced.

During my first visit to USA in 1998, a tall teen aged girl was trying out a swim suit. I showed the STOP sign like the traffic policeman to prevent my son from entering that section.

Later during the day I watched a bunch of girls in wet clinging swimsuits walking in broad daylight dripping water from everywhere.

When my daughter- in-law's Malaysian friend wanted to wear a sari for that wedding, I gave her a blouse to try it on. She just stood in her undergarments in the 14th floor under the bright light - as if it was nothing unusual.

A typical rude awakening from a life of pleasure to philanthropy!!!
But why were all those people unclothed???

In the Western Countries nudity is not considered shameful.
In fact they like to expose their bodies as much as possible-real, magnified, diminished or enhanced.

During my first visit to USA in 1998, a tall teen aged girl was trying out a swim suit. I showed the STOP sign like the traffic policeman to prevent my son from entering that section.

Later during the day I watched a bunch of girls in wet clinging swimsuits walking in broad daylight dripping water from everywhere.

When my daughter- in-law's Malaysian friend wanted to wear a sari for that wedding, I gave her a blouse to try it on. She just stood in her undergarments in the 14th floor under the bright light - as if it was nothing unusual.

Dear VR ji,

When I had gone to Puttparthi in 2006 with my mum,brother and son..a few young ladies from Kazhaksthan were staying next to our room.

They bought sarees and wanted me and my mum to tie it for them.

They came to our room and just stood there trying the wear the blouse and and obviously their undergarments were visible.

My brother was in the room and he left cos he thought the ladies needed privacy but they were not really bothered even if my brother was there.

I realized they were innocent at heart were comfortable enough to be half clad.

Out here in Malaysia we have Transvestites as fashion consultants in certain shops.
Most women do not really feel shy in front of them even though they are still carry the male chromosome!LOL

One Transvestite really knows how to choose the best clothes for me and each time I listen to his advise and since he knows I am a doctor he always asks me tips to increase the size of his breasts cos he is on hormone treatment for breast enhancement.

Recently I think he got some surgery done and all of the woman customers were "Wow..thats nice and you look great etc"

220px-A_sissy_cross_dresser_in_feminine_office_wear.png

A sissy cross dresser in ultra feminine lace office wear takes a photo of herself! :)
courtesy Wikipedia

Talking of the facial expression, the variety of expressions seen in the audience attending the concert can only be classified as navarasa.

The pouting paattis who get an opportunity to move out of their houses,

the self conscious girls sitting like brides in the wedding pandal,

the commoners who have no basic knowledge or infra structure to appreciate the complicated music but pretend to enjoy it,

the curious mamis exploring the latest design of sarees and jewels,

the day dreaming girls, the down to earth boys,

the very pleased V.I.Ps who are under daily focus...

These are more interesting than the expressions of the singer and the pucca vaadhyam performers.

Last edited:
So you are not attending any of these concerts in person..!!

TVK

When they are willing to come into our drawing room and perform for us, why travel far, get crushed and have a seat far away from the artist since the choicest rows would get filled up 3 to 4 hours before the concert begins?

Principle of stethoscope rediscovered!

A girl found out that when she speaks through the flexible hose used in the washing machines and vacuum cleaners, her deaf mother hears and understands her perfectly.

But when there is no speech going on, will the lady wind up the house round her neck and walk around like Shivani- a female version of Shiva?

Even the father of two famous performers does thappu thaalam - sitting right in front of them.
Poor fellows! They have to undo what is done by their father - while playing kalpana swarams.

When music which is closely related to Bhakti also gets associated with gnaanam, it becomes three dimensional.

Those who watched and listened to the concert of Sri. Vijay Shiva will understand my statement correctly.

He was radiating goodness and knowledge both when he spoke and sang.
His views on Satsang was very well expressed.

But some people underlined their ignorance by asking questions such as
"Whether the intellect should control the mind of the mind the intellect?" and
"Whether Atma and mind are one and the same!" and got prizes for asking such wonderful and original questions!

I was reminded of the popular proverb.
"Vidiya vidiya Raamaayanam kettu Seethaikku Raman chittappaa!" :rolleyes:

The Do-gooder!

I and my husband usually collect donations for the Palani Annadaana sangam and send the money by D.D. for Thaipposam day celebration.

We have been doing this for over 35 years. The receipt books will be sent well in advance say by end September or October first week.

Most of our friends and relatives keep aside money for this purpose.

This year the books had come by post when we were abroad.
The goodhearted neighbor strongly advised the postman to send back the books and the postman promptly obliged.

Now what will I tell my friends who are waiting eagerly to give their annual donations???

So you are not attending any of these concerts in person..!!
Dear TVK Sir,

I attend almost all the concerts of Rama Bhaktha Jana Samaj, held in P S B B School, which is very near to our sweet home!

There are a few disadvantages in the concerts in an auditorium.

1. If we sit near some talkative person, he / she keeps on reporting the songs to someone in the family on cell phone.
Idea: The sabhas can ban the use of cell phones inside the auditorium. Fine may be collected towards their fund!! :popcorn:

2. Some mAmis torture us by gossiping about in-laws throughout the concert, to their friends sitting next to them.

Idea: The sabhas can give the kind of Halwaaaaa you made (of course FREE - who will buy it??) to keep them :tape: !

3. The thappu thALams by persons sitting nearby which are comedy to watch on TV will be irritating live!

Idea: The sabhas can request people NOT to help the artists with counting!

P.S: The best part of listening on the TV channel / PC is that we can munch something while listening! :hungry:

I forgot the most important disadvantage of listening to the concerts in auditoriums.
The volume control is NOT in our hands. Most of the sabhas tend to keep a blasting volume, which is sure to tear my ear drums. :drum:

I went for the concert by a maestro - who usually gives only one concert per year but agreed to give the second one during this year,

just for the sake of the famous organizers - where the volume was very high! To my surprise, none other than me was feeling any

discomfort! I could see many smiling faces too on the closed circuit T V screen. I thought, 'May be, by listening to i-pod music in high
volume, most of the Sing. Chennai-ites have become partially deaf!! :horn:

I usually take two cotton balls when I go to our dear sabha, which is no exception form others! :grouphug:

It is a rare coincidence that Sri. Unnikrishnan will be singing about the ShaNmadam or The six religions which figured in our discussion very recently.
ShaNmalam which are the six defects of the mind sound so similar to ShaNmadam and even by the meaning of madam many people are sure to get confused between ShaNmadam and ShaNmalam.

It is a welcome change to see mamis and ladies come to the concerts wearing colorful beads and shining crystals.

Of course if they come wearing gold or silver, they will get lady-napped and end up losing much more than mere jewelry.

Good that they have changed with the changing culture and rising price of noble metals.

Still I feel that some of them are overdoing it by wearing too many strands of beads or
crystals too big for their body size and volume!

Balancing the things correctly is an art for sure!

I can't help smiling when I think about how my wearing Crystals was greeted with queer expressions and disapproval when I started wearing them nearly 18 years ago! :rolleyes:

Zebra sari including the shocking pink solor looks great on the platform worn by the artists.
But when a mami in the audience wears it, she gives us a genial initial shock and stands out like a sore thumb and eventually ends up becoming and eye sore too!

IMHO, only a thin row of crystals / beads looks good. It is repulsive to see huge ones / multiple rows! :bolt:

P.S: I rarely wear the tiny red or green crystals, though I have fixed small gold pendants with matching stones!

Latest ads

Back