• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

Two school boys aged ~17 corner a 12 year old girl returning from school

in broad day light and try to molest her.

In future 2, 3 or more men / boys may join together and sexually attack anyone!

That is precisely why I used the word male jackals since only jackals hunt in groups.

I wish we had a system similar to the insects where everyone is just a worker and the

reproduction department is in the hands of the king and his queen.

That may be the only way to safe guard the girls in future.

My mother used to describe how during the wars female of any age is a likely victim of the sex-hungry soldiers.

Girls were made to look like boys. Their hair was cut short and they wore tight inner garments to look flat chested like boys.

Wherever possible they were sent away to distant relatives living at a great distance.

But now this trick may not work since boys are also not safe any more! :whoo:

When the heroine is selected to act in a movie it is made sure that she remains beautiful - even when she sheds glycerine tears.

After all that is what a heroine does - besides running around trees chased by the hero.

Somethings are good to be seen and others are good to be heard.

My father used to say that children are made to be seen and NOT heard. They are angelic to look at but their cry is devilish.

Some singers are to be seen and not heard and a few other are to be heard and not be seen.

So I close my eyes and just keep my ears open when I listen to the concerts by such persons.

Minus the scintillating puccaa (well rehearsed and well synchronized)
pucca-vaadhyams and minus their colorful clothes and blushing make up, most of them will fail miserably to enthrall the audience with their natural sight and sound.

In Kuchupudi Dance style they include subtle balancing acts in their dance form.

A small brass pot filled with water is balanced on the head and they dance on a large brass plate.

At times they carry two lit deepams in their palms and swirl them in circles.

They maintain perfect rhythms all the time.

It is a visual feast to watch such performances.

Even the carnatic singers were supposed to sing in such a manner that if a lit lamp was placed on the head, it should not topple down or go off when they sing.

After all only the voice needs to sing - not the whole body!

But now people make circles using their body as a rolling stone.

They pull open and shut imaginary doors alternately.

They poke the eyes of an imaginary opponent!

They wail with a hand placed on their head or covering an ear

(I guess they could leave out that part to be done by the audience)

The birkaas which the throat is not able to produce are pictorially displayed by the hand movements.

So the music is becoming a combination of sound effects plus visual displays.

In the animal kingdom the males have the special features, manes, plumes, colors, feathers, tusks, horns and whatnot to attract the females.

But in human race it is always the female which tries to attract the male.

The male singers appear in a white shirt / simple kurta and look presentable.

Why is it that the female singers have to apply heavy make up, dress in matching colors from top to toe and come loaded with matching jewelry in addition to all these???

Often these things distract the audience (the ladies for sure) from enjoying the music!!!

In the animal kingdom the males have the special features, manes, plumes, colors, feathers, tusks, horns and whatnot to attract the females.

But in human race it is always the female which tries to attract the male.

The male singers appear in a white shirt / simple kurta and look presentable.

Why is it that the female singers have to apply heavy make up, dress in matching colors from top to toe and come loaded with matching jewelry in addition to all these???

Often these things distract the audience (the ladies for sure) from enjoying the music!!!

Dear VR ji,

I do not think female humans need to attract males humans..males will follow females anyhow.

In fact keeping them away is more difficult to handle!LOL

It is kind of a false believe that a female dresses up attractively to attract a male.

I do not think so..if you ask me why I love dressing up..my answer will be cos "if I look presentable I feel better and more confident"..that's all ..nothing really for any male!

When the heroine is selected to act in a movie it is made sure that she remains beautiful - even when she sheds glycerine tears.

After all that is what a heroine does - besides running around trees chased by the hero.

Somethings are good to be seen and others are good to be heard.

My father used to say that children are made to be seen and NOT heard. They are angelic to look at but their cry is devilish.

Some singers are to be seen and not heard and a few other are to be heard and not be seen.

So I close my eyes and just keep my ears open when I listen to the concerts by such persons.

Minus the scintillating puccaa (well rehearsed and well synchronized)
pucca-vaadhyams and minus their colorful clothes and blushing make up, most of them will fail miserably to enthrall the audience with their natural sight and sound.

Dear VR ji,

Why not keep eyes open and watch the expressions of the singers?

Some singers have a slight smile as they sing and that is nice to watch cos then we know that they are enjoying the song and not just preforming mechanically.

A singer is not merely a voice..he/she should be a performer and be expressive on stage to capture audience.

Music is not only an auditory delight..it is a delight for all our senses..so do not shut your eyes.

One reason can be most of the sponsors of current Music Programs are Big Clothing Shops( Silk Saree Shops to be specific ) and Jewellers and so they must me indirectly advertising their products through these musicians . The big banners behind the artiste will reveal who the main sponsors are .

You have yourself mentioned below whom it is mostly targeted for

Today in Cricket you can see how many Logos and Stickers around a Batsmen's T-Shirt , Bat , Gloves , Helmet , Pads etc .Sunil Gavaskar said during their times i.e in 70s/early 80s this was not there but after Televsion became very popular and facility for close up shots came , lot of sponsors found an excellent "Ad Space" on the body of the players themselves and hence all these Logos ,stickers all around a player and his kit .

The same principle can be extended to Classical Music Concerts also with wide TV Coverage of the same and also webcasting it live to people world over .

Last edited:
........ 1. The male singers appear in a white shirt / simple kurta and look presentable.

2. Why is it that the female singers have to apply heavy make up, dress in matching colors from top to toe and come loaded with matching jewelry in addition to all these???

3. Often these things distract the audience (the ladies for sure) from enjoying the music!!!
1. Oh! Have you not seen some fashion conscious male singers? At least they put a decorated shawl on their laps!

2. Nalli and other silk stores are there to give WOW sarees to the singers. Now there is a Nalli jewelry too! :love:

3. Do you know that many Sing. Chennai mAmis go to the concerts to find out what new colors saree and jewels are there
in the market? :spy:

............ A singer is not merely a voice..he/she should be a performer and be expressive on stage to capture audience.

Music is not only an auditory delight..it is a delight for all our senses..so do not shut your eyes.
Dear Renu,

Very true. I love to see and listen to Priya Sisters! They are a lovely pair of singers. :)

If we wish only to
listen, there are programs on the radio and many pre-recorded cassettes and CDs.

Dear VR ji,

I do not think female humans need to attract males humans..males will follow females anyhow.

In fact keeping them away is more difficult to handle!LOL

It is kind of a false believe that a female dresses up attractively to attract a male.

I do not think so..if you ask me why I love dressing up..my answer will be cos "if I look presentable I feel better and more confident"..that's all ..nothing really for any male!

Dear Renu,

I myself had written earlier that women dress up ONLY to make the other women go green with jealousy.

Men would like them anyway - with or without all those eye catching dresses.

As you have rightly pointed out it is more difficult to keep them off than make them come nearer! :)

I have seen many times the dramatic transformation that comes over women when they wear good clothes and jewels.

I have read that Elizabeth Taylor word original gold and diamond jewels during the making of Cleopatra which cost fortune and needed special guards to protect.

The director thought they HAD to be original genuine jewels to make the heroine feel as haughty and proud as the original Cleopatra.

Dear VR ji,

Why not keep eyes open and watch the expressions of the singers?

Some singers have a slight smile as they sing and that is nice to watch cos then we know that they are enjoying the song and not just preforming mechanically.

A singer is not merely a voice..he/she should be a performer and be expressive on stage to capture audience.

Music SHOULD delight visually too but as I said,

some of the singers are to be heard and not seen!
:fear:

One reason can be most of the sponsors of current Music Programs are Big Clothing Shops( Silk Saree Shops to be specific ) and Jewellers and so they must me indirectly advertising their products through these musicians . The big banners behind the artiste will reveal who the main sponsors are .

You have yourself mentioned below whom it is mostly targeted for

Today in Cricket you can see how many Logos and Stickers around a Batsmen's T-Shirt , Bat , Gloves , Helmet , Pads etc .Sunil Gavaskar said during their times i.e in 70s/early 80s this was not there but after Televsion became very popular and facility for close up shots came , lot of sponsors found an excellent "Ad Space" on the body of the players themselves and hence all these Logos ,stickers all around a player and his kit .

The same principle can be extended to Classical Music Concerts also with wide TV Coverage of the same and also webcasting it live to people world over .

Well put sir! :clap2:

So the players and performers become mobile ad boards-

with or without their knowledge.

More than sports and music are being promoted / pushed up by the sponsors!!

The public learn more about the top quality products from their heroes and divas.

Three birds in a single stone!!! :thumb:

1. Oh! Have you not seen some fashion conscious male singers? At least they put a decorated shawl on their laps!

2. Nalli and other silk stores are there to give WOW sarees to the singers. Now there is a Nalli jewelry too! :love:

3. Do you know that many Sing. Chennai mAmis go to the concerts to find out what new colors saree and jewels are there
in the market? :spy:

My dear Raji,

The glamorous male singers can be counted on one hand.

Most of the others are ordinary people devoted ONLY to music. :sing:

The Pon Aadais (brocade shawls) have to be put to some use! right???

They become the lap-decorations or shoulder pieces.

Nalla Nalli gives out silk sarees and the ornaments to go with them!

I can see that Zebra sarees are back in fashion!!!
icon3.png

Mamis can find out the latest color and fashion.

But will they be able to afford those sarees costing in 5 figures???

Dear Renu,

Very true. I love to see and listen to Priya Sisters! They are a lovely pair of singers. :)

If we wish only to
listen, there are programs on the radio and many pre-recorded cassettes and CDs.

Some singers are to be ONLY heard.

Some singers are to be ONLY seen!

A few can be heard AND seen.

Priya sisters top the third list.

The name itself is the proof.

Who can help admiring them???

Dear Renu,

I myself had written earlier that women dress up ONLY to make the other women go green with jealousy.

I have seen many times the dramatic transformation that comes over women when they wear good clothes and jewels.

Dear VR ji,

I disagree... I do not really think that we women dress up to make other woman jealous.
I still feel most of us dress up for ourselves.

Yes you are right when we dress well..we feel more confident but I do no feel confidence is the same as arrogance.

Arrogance is a sign of low self esteem most of the while.

Well put sir! :clap2:

So the players and performers become mobile ad boards-

with or without their knowledge.

More than sports and music are being promoted / pushed up by the sponsors!!

The public learn more about the top quality products from their heroes and divas.

Three birds in a single stone!!! :thumb:

It is definitely with their knowledge and they are also paid for it and have strict contract with penalty clauses if they fail to put any of the logo / product on them even by mistake .

Dear VR ji,

I disagree... I do not really think that we women dress up to make other woman jealous.

Yes you are right when we dress well..we feel more confident but I do no feel confidence is the same as arrogance.

Yes Renu! You are correct.
In a movie (Indian???) the first thing the police does to destroy the self confidence and self esteem of the women is to strip them. I remember the scene where the women run like mad people to jump off a cliff and drown their naked bodies. :scared:

Dear VR ji,

Some ladies who have been rubbing shoulders will avoid even making an eye contact once they are dressed in richer clothes than the others. Some ladies do become arrogant while the others more confident to face the world.

Latest ads

Back