• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

I wore my sky blue ply silk dress with twinkling stars.

How else will I be able to climb into that huge vehicle?

My husband made a face since he had expected me to wear a sari.

But the wearer ( and not the bearer) knows

where the shoe pinches or the sari pleats trip!

So I did not change into a sari.

I got so many looks of appreciation from the other ladies wearing muzha-agla-jarigai-sari

and compliments when I told them the dress was designed and stitched by me.

It is not just what you wear that matters but also how well you carry it on yourself!

The grand children of an officer came in fancy ottikko - kattikko veshtis.

The temple priest's grand children came meticulously dressed in 3 piece suits!!!

Man always wishes for what is not his own attire but something fanciful!

It has happened again! :(
Whenever someone admires me, I have to fall sick! :(
It is the second time the sky blue dress has resulted in my sickness.
Superstition? May be or may not be!
But how can I verify it without becoming sick one more time?
I will rather NOT wear it again in India since our date of take off to USA is fast approaching.
One can never be too sure of anything not too careful about anything!
The eternal drama filled with suspense is named as
samsaara saagaram or the turbulent ocean called living.

Last edited:
Who would believe this to be possible??? :wacko:

Dead woman 'gives birth' to stillborn in South Africa | Daily Mail Online

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5287659/Dead-woman-gives-birth-stillborn.html
4 days ago - Dead woman 'gives birth' to stillborn ten days after she died: Build up of gases believed to have forced baby out of corpse. ... A stillborn baby emerged from its mother 10 days after she haddied, plunging the family into fresh grief. ... But on the day before the funeral, 10 days after ...

Learn to Celebrate and Cherish the good things in life before they perish!

India-Republic-Day-Quotes-2015-Messages-and-Wishes.jpg

Lanka was cursed to be burning all the time by the Yaksha king Kubera when he became angry with his step brother RAvaN. Ever since then there had been no peace in Lanka.

I guess our colony was cursed to be broken and built over gain and again by some powerful soul.

There has never been any peace and quiet to my knowledge during the past 20 years we have been here. ALWAYS someone will be remodeling the house, converting the kitchedn to modular kitchen, convert the bathroom into a 5 * hotel bathroom !!!!

The business we do inside the bathroom is the same whether the fixtures are ceramic/ gold / diamond or silver!

The man who has bought Vivek paatti's flat which had become a feline breeding center is the ultimate thuglak I have seen in all my life.

Nothing that belonged to the original flat remains inside it now. Every single tile on the wall and on the floor, every door, window, washbasin, closet, sink, tap has been replaced. The waste thrown out resembles a huge mountain and the new fixtures brought in another smaller mountain.

Some people do not know when, where and why they have to stop.

1. By demolishing everything inside the flat, he is rendering the building weaker and with more cracks than it had developed before.

2. The 'face lift' will not make the building newer or stronger in any which way.

3. With so much affinity for everything new and shiny, he could have bought a new flat and saved all the trouble, money, time and talent of the workers he had engaged.

4. He could have saved us from suffering month long head ache by the constant banging and demolishing from 6 A.M til 10 p.M.

Wonder from where he got these workers willing to wok for 18 hours a day! :wacko:

Step sibling rivalry!

[h=3]This is How Ravana Became the King of Lanka & Got Pushpak ...[/h]https://daily.bhaskar.com › Jeevan Mantra › Know-your-beliefs

Nov 30, 2016 - Ravana is related to Lord Kuber, the distributor of wealth (Goddess Laxmi is the goddess of wealth, and the duty to distribute the wealth lies with Kuber). Ravana's father Vishwashrava had two wives - Varavarnini and Kaikasi. Kuber, the god of wealth was born to the first wife, while Ravana, Kumbhakarna, ...

The ultimate Thuglak proved today that he was rightly named thus by me!

He forgot that ONLY the space lying behind his front door belongs to him.

He assumed that the entire area belongs to him.

Tomorrow being the house warming ceremony day he and his sena washed the entire area with water jet flowing as if from a fire fighting hose!

They managed to empty the water in the bore well after they emptied all the overhead tanks.

The motor - which has a sensor and automatic switch - tried to keep up with the speed with which water was being drained ( by the short sighted sena with no scruples whatsoever) and got burnt!

So 64 houses with ~ 64 x 4 people living in them had no water even to use in the bath room!

The Big Bang theory was proved. The easiest way to get cursed and be hated is to deprive people of the most essential thing after Air.... namely Water!

I can't stand persons who use up more than their fair share of natural resources.

The ultimate declaration by the Ultimate Thuglak when taken to task for emptying the overhead tanks was mind blowing, "I am only doing good to everyone!"

"Doing good" according to him is burning the switch of a sophisticated motor and making a population of several hundreds go without water - that too on a weekend and a holiday!

What a weird concept of "doing good to the others"! :der:
IF this is "doing good" what will "doing bad" be like??? :fear:

The expertise with which he swept the area connecting the flats can never be spontaneous.

It showed years of constant practice and mastery over the technique.

My guess is that since "his mam" is working, he must be just another "house-husband'

maintaining the house and doing the house-hold-chores!!

How else can he be lingering here, morn to night, for weeks at a stretch???

Last edited:
When the body becomes old and tattered like a jeerNa vasthram, the soul ditches it / drops it and takes another new body! :baby:

Death is a great deliverer and two nice old ladies who have been suffering for years at a stretch have taken off one after another on last Monday and this Monday. :rip:

May their souls rest in eternal peace and may the lives of their near and dear ones go on as usual.:pray:

It is customary to spend the night in the new house on the gruha pravesam day!

May be not for everyone!

The sleepy eyed Thuglak was seen today morning visiting his new-old-flat (though he and his family did not spend the night there.

The new-old-flat has got a drastic face lift - while developing more new cracks and crevices, thanks to the extreme beauty treatment administered to it, which included removing some of the UGLY weight bearing beams!!

How I wish I could transport the new neighbor ( who managed to burn the wires of a

sophisticated motor with sensor switch) to this dry and dreary land for a change
and a rude awakening!!! :moony:

• NewsThe Guardian
    Day Zero: how Cape Town is running out of water

Day Zero is looming for Cape Town. According to the latest estimates 16 April is when the city’s water supply will be turned off until the rains arrive, leaving residents to line up for water rations at one of 200 points across the city. The scramble for water is already raising tensions among residents.

Whenever Visaalaa (myself) VS masaalaa, it is the masaalaa that conquers :fencing:

Ate the masaalaa products of the Alumni meet in a 5 * retreat and ended up becoming real sick!

The journey to USA has to be postponed by 6 full days -

which means that I have to be in Chennai till this Sunday night!

Thank God for the small mercies!

The major part of our travel got rescheduled without causing a heavy dent in the purse!

In all probability I will resume posting only from 1st March 2018.

Do I hear someone say "Good riddance for a longer time " ???

ஆசை இருக்கு தாசில் பண்ண!
அதிருஷ்டம் இருக்கு கழுதை மேய்க்க!!

இது அரதப் பழசு!

ஆசை இருக்கு கோபி மஞ்சூரியன் திங்க!
அதிருஷ்டம் இருக்கு வாந்தி பேதியில் விழ !!

இது அக்மார்க் புதுசு!

Real life Mathematics!

Laugh / smile / relish /enjoy for ONE hour.
To compensate one has to feel sad / scowl / suffer / struggle for ONE full day.

I enjoyed the company of old buddies for 7 hours ( 10 A.M to 5 P.M.)
I had to make up for it by becoming sick for one full week!

Not a very pleasant equation! Right???

Real life thrills!!!

The Federal Police of Germany wanted to question 'yours faithfully' !!!

The reason...???

Probably the knee protection (seen during the scanning) which was worn during journeys

to prevent the knees from turning like number locks!

The fiasco and the hair breadth escape!!!

They were shocked to see a frail old lady brought in on a wheel chair and more than disappointed when she tested negative for

the drug-handling-test done with a strip of paper / cloth, held on a pair of tongs since "She passed the test!"

The lesson learned by me....

Never ever shake hands with random strangers who help me during the long flight in various different ways.

What if one of them had touched or dealt with a real drug pusher before shaking hands with me??? :scared:

Every bag was opened and inspected during the travel...thanks to the various herbal products brought from India - which these people won't recognize even remotely! :wacko:

VEppilai katti, thaamarai kizhangu, chuNdaikkai vatral, naNath thakkaaLi vatral, maahaaNi kizhangu, meera seekaikkaai, herbal tooth paste must have looked as familiar as relics form the distant past! :dizzy:

Every rope was cut, every bag was emptied and repacked without much success (since I pack in 3 D patterns)

Every bag will be a sage Agasthya... small in stature and heavy in its weight!

Nothing was removed or thrown away but I can almost hear them cursing the person who gave them a run for the money they earn! :(

New resolution!!!

In future bring nothing except clothes and books.

The unfamiliar items will all go into one bag to save them the trouble opening all the bags!

And that bag will not be tied with a rope - even if it is deceptively heavy for it small size !

Sleep is a necessity since every living being needs it for remaining healthy in mind and body!

Sleep becomes a luxury since a troubled mind does not let The NidhrA Devi embrace the person - however tired he /she might be!

In fact a very tired person will find it very difficult to fall asleep since he / she had
overworked crossing the safe limits!

So I slept through the night undisturbed after nearly three weeks!
'The ship' has reached its port and all the luggage has been set up ready for use!

We are yet to get used to the newly installed Security System.

On the first day of our return, the grand kids set on the alarm by mistake.

The warning siren was deafening and I had no idea of what to do or how to silence it! It drove us all nearly mad. :horn:

My sons and D. I. L had to rush back to silence the siren and bring us back to normal after we had been rudely shaken to the core.

Silver linings of the scary theft in the recent past.

1. The Insurance company paid the claim made for the loss of valuables - after doing a little research on South Indian Jewelry.

2. The Security System which reports the opening of every door / window.

Last edited:
இனியவை எட்டு... இன்னா எட்டு!
(ஒளவைப் பாட்டியின் அடிகளைப் பின்பற்றி...)

இருக்க வேண்டியது.......பிறரை மனமாரப் பாராட்டுவது.
இருக்க வேண்டாதது......பிறரைக் குறை கூறுவது.

இழக்க வேண்டியது.....கெட்ட பழக்கங்களை.
இழக்க
வேண்டாதது....நல்ல நண்பர்களை.

மகிழ்ச்சியுற வேண்டியது.....பிறர் வளர்ச்சியைக் கண்டு.
மகிழ்ச்சியுற வேண்டாதது...பிறர் வீழ்ச்சியைக் கண்டு.

பேச வேண்டியது.....பயனுள்ள வார்த்தைகளை.
பேச வேண்டாதது...வெட்டி ஊர் வம்புகளை.

தலையிட வேண்டியது.....பொதுப் பிரச்சனைகளில்.
தலையிட வேண்டாதது...தனிப் பட்ட பிரச்
னைகளில்.

கடைப்பிடிக்க வேண்டியது ....மௌனம்.
கடைப்பிடிக்க வேண்டாதது....ஓயாத பேச்சு.

செய்ய வேண்டியது.....ஓடிச் சென்று உதவுவது.
செய்ய வேண்டாதது....செய்த உதவியைச் சொல்லித் திரிவது.

தடுக்க வேண்டியது.....தீய செல்களை.
தடுக்க வேண்டாதது...பிறர் முன்னேற்றத்தை.

Latest ads

Back