• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think it over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder whether some astrologer will say that the recent 'Sani peyarchchi' is affecting this thread!
Everyone seems to be a bit more hot tempered than ever before! Let :peace: and good thinking prevail.

P. S: Forum fights may be essential but not so frequently, please...
:bump2:

:frusty:

Mr. Ravi,
For young man writing to a young women Ms. Amala, you say:

And then you wonder whether you are aggressive? LOL. That is downright rude.

Shri Prasad,

Counter arguments can be vigorous and aggressive without abusing each other, calling by names and using filthy languages. When you say some one is out of mind, it means the person is not applying his/her brain and jumping to say something just for the sake of revolting.

Just because a member is a female she can not be considered right when she claims that I am spitting venom just because I said that you have viewed me wearing a wrongly colored glasses, because you are only one finding me have changed after my recent visit to India (I dunno where from and how you got such a weird idea). Just because a female is making unsubstantial claims doesn't mean that a male would not retaliate within descent limits.

If what I said to you is too offensive and abusive am sure you would not keep quiet. Would you?

Can a young woman laugh at young man making unsubstantial claims that he is hypocrite, he is hilarious, he is spitting venom etc..etc.??

Dear Sir, let us not be kidding with each other. Amala is not a innocent teen age girl to think that as a female she can make any unsubstantial claims in public forum and the effected party and others can still be taking it as Konjal, Chellam, Ariyaamai etc.etc and pat her back to encourage her more.

Dear Ravi,

I know this reply is addressed to Brahin but I would just like to clear some misperception here.

Other members reading it might get an impression that Brahin has a best friend here.

I do not know if you meant me but I would like to you to know that Brahin is NOT my best friend.

In the past I knew many members whom I called Brothers(Anna) and each one Anna eventually "attacked" me so I do not want to make any Annachi or Akkas or Swarnakas or Dost or anyone special cos some recent events have been a real eye opener for people's nature and values too.

So for I have adopted a new way of thinking...I would like to think of Forum as a Smashanam(Crematorium/Graveyard).
A Smashanam is a very unique place....it might look scary at times and also calm at times.

No relationships are made in any Smashanam.

So I just want to be a member here and please do not lable anyone as my best friend.

Brahin has the right to voice his opinion I feel just like everyone else did in some way or the other.

So that I am not getting involved between you and Brahin but just leave me out of this..after all this is a Smashanam.

Renukaji

Previously you considered this forum to be a family and later after getting hurt by the comments from members here you have now labelled it a smashanam . Tomorrow you may give it another name .These are just mental concepts and are subject to changes as per our mental states .
A forum is just a forum for exchanges and presenting our opinion in public and responding accordingly .
Just like a knife in the hands of a murder is deadly but the same knife in the hands of a surgeon is a life saving device and in the hands of a Cook a useful tool to cut vegetables .
Problem is not in the knife but how we handle and use it . Same with forum like these .
There are advantages and disadvantages in sharing in forum like these and we have to exercise our choices properly to see we derive more advantages than dis-advantages . This is a learning process and it is not smooth and we have to get hurt in the process to learn what is right what is wrong . This is the way we learn anything in life . Emotional Maturity is developed only by this way . Nobody learns this easily .I have also had my own share of insults , injuries from various sources and I am sure many here would have had the same .
I admire you for not quitting and continue to keep posting and in fact you went to the extent of even apologizing to the people whom who considered have hurt you .This needs lot of courage and I admire you for taking that step and moving ahead .
From a spiritual dimension I feel that the incident in your Clinic and the subsequent incident in this forum would have taught you many lessons with such an intensity that you would not have learnt it from any book . Life has its own ways of teaching us and who knows later on you will feel very happy that these incidents did happen as it has strengthened you and prepared you well for facing bigger challenges in future .
Only thing is do not get too much trapped in concepts like family , samashan etc . As humans we do have opinions about certain things and that is fine but it is dangerous to be too opinionated as it blurs our vision and narrows our discriminating faculty and we are the looser in the end .
I once again reiterate that I appreciate your boldness to come forward to forget the past and move ahead .
It is not an easy thing and you can Congratulate yousrelf for the same .Quitting is what most people would have done and you did not do it .The entire episode was also a relearning process for me and that is why I am sharing these inputs here .By writing these things ,I am reminding myself to walk what I talk .All the best for your future .Keep it Up .Cheers .

Sorry ... my ignorance
Just looked up the dictionary
betwixt - archaic another word for between.
My knowledge has grown up by one word. :) Thank you.

39(a). கைக்கு எட்டினது வாய்க்கு எட்டவில்லை.

39(b). There is many a slip betwixt the cup and the lip.

You seldom participate in forum.

And whenever you participate you never get into expressing your views and openions in detail on vivid subjects.

Neither you attack any one nor you get attacked, because you never get into any arguments/exchange of views and openions.

In such a case, you talking such bad things about other member because he/she has attacked your best friend who is an another member in this forum, is no good, IMHO.

I wish you don't step in between the two and degrade the one in favor of the other. For me it looks really funny and awkward. Think if over, please.

We wish to pomote thinking NOT fighting!!! :nono:
After Dr. Renu and Mr. O3 have ironed out their differences in opinions amicably :tea:
it is not fair on the part of any other member to keep harping on it :horn:

and insulting (from what my intuition says) a very respectable gentlemen. :)

Dear Ravi to express myself i dont need to write pages even 1 line is more than enough & dont worry next time i will stand for u also.

I did not expect this from you!!! :nono:

People who get into hot soup must also know

how to come out of it :roll:

and usually they do. :rolleyes:
They need no assistance! :deadhorse:

I don't know if Sani Peyarchi is making everyone a bit more hot tempered. Maybe its making people who were previously doormats or silent become more assertive and stand up not only for themselves but for other people who arent not able to assert themselves. Maybe its making people fed up of seeing a select few always sniping against others.

Is sniping the only bête noire? Other people can be fed up for other reasons too, right?
Other people may have their own bêtes noires: - dislike of narcissists, crybabies,
crusty curmudgeons, and so on.

This forum is a microcosm of the real India: messy democracy, rugged individualism,
damaged drainpipes, freedom-of-religion(for non-Hindus), absence of uniform civil code,
and what not. Oops, I left out freedom-of-speech and freedom of expression - as long
you agree with me !

So, when the going gets tough, the tough get going!

Personally I neither count on any body to stand on my side nor I wish any one doing that in my favor.
You may be expert in expressing your views and opinions on various topics, just by your 1 line statement. That's really an amazing talent. Fortunately or unfortunately, I never have found any of your grand 1 line statement on any topic of discussions, expressing your personal views and opinions.

It would be nice if you contribute more in discussions with your views and openions, knowledge and understanding rather expressing who is a snake and who is an angel, when you appear here, once in a blue moon.

It would be nice if focus is more on exchange of ideas on topics than on insulting some one to favor some other person. Indulging in later type of expression should not be the chance of participating in forum.

Who gave us the authority to call names and insult the other people???

When I was recollecting a story from Panchatantra :typing:

senior and super seniors thought that the black cobra

(the villain in the story) was EACH of them and left in a huff and puff. :mad2:

Now here someone is openly branding another person as a snake. :shocked:

It should not happen in this forum again and certainly NOT in my thread. :nono:

Mr. Ravi,
Something happened since your last visit to India. You have become very aggressive and bitter. It saddens me to see this change in your writing.
You write that no one should attack others by attacking Mr. Brahin.
May be that we should carry such conversation on separate thread.

Yes you are right! Mr. Ravi has changed a lot and for the better after his recent visit to India.
Wherever or not our video chat was one of the reasons... I do not know!!! :)
What he says is right. No one should attack anyone else.
Mr. Brahin provoking Mr. Ozone - even after Dr. Renu has taken the things easy.
Just as he defends his friends Mr. Ravi also defends his friends.
So you want to fight in a separate thread and have no idea of stopping the fight!!! :shocked:

Last edited:
Shri Prasad,

You are the first person to illusionary find such a change in me. Probably you are wearing a wrongly colored glasses or your own reflections are making you find people differently.

Try to not miss the points repeatedly, so that you can view clearly and correctly, the messages and the people here.

Wish you good luck in your attempts towards understanding the import of messages expressed by all the members here.

I find it very funny when one aggressive man
(known for his aggressive spirit)
calls the others aggressive!!! :rolleyes:
Don't believe the statistics and the stars.
Someone has boosted your score by MISTAKE!!! :)
Who else can it be other than yours sincerely???

Dear Dr, i distinctly remember one guard in Delhi RK Puram area where we used to stay. Every night his " Jagte Raho" or a long whistle and beating of his long bamboo stick to the ground that he is doing his duty is known to everybody. Every month in the first week he used to knock the door and ask for his Rs.5/- Every time he will have a smile on his face and even when he will see you in market place or anywhere he will wish you & say "Salaam Sahib" and walk off.
Simple & honest guys..a rarity now a days!!

Cheers.

They never demand more than 10 Rs p.m.
How they live on this meager sum in a far away place from their own land
so happily, so contentedly and do selfless service beats me!!! :shocked:

Is sniping the only bête noire? Other people can be fed up for other reasons too, right?
Other people may have their own bêtes noires: - dislike of narcissists, crybabies,

This forum is a microcosm of the real India: messy democracy, rugged individualism,
damaged drainpipes, freedom-of-religion(for non-Hindus), absence of uniform civil code,
and what not. Oops, I left out freedom-of-speech and freedom of expression - as long
you agree with me !

:clap2:...:cheer2:....:high5:......:thumb:

you agree with me !

I am completely aware that this is nature of the beast as it were. Having said that surely there must be some civility and rules. Haranguing people continuously, especially when they are down and out due to some trauma, how is that even civil or decent? And to be made to feel wrong for doing the right thing standing up is utterly ridiculous. Too many crusty curmudgeons here if you ask me! :)

dear friends!

I have a simple request to each and everyone of you.:pray2:

Please stop this bullying and counter bullying and :argue:

let peace and amicable relationship return and prevail. :peace:

I do hope you won't make me take the drastic step of
getting this thread closed just to stop this kind of verbal exchanges! :fencing:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! I CAN TAKE NO MORE!!!

dear friends!

I have a simple request to each and everyone of you.

Please stop this bullying and counter bullying and :argue:

let peace and amicable relationship return and prevail. :peace:

I do hope you won't make me take the drastic step of
getting this thread closed just to stop this kind of verbal exchanges! :fencing:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! I CAN TAKE NO MORE!!!

Let us all Think it over!!! :)

Let us all Think it over!!!

It is well past the let us "think it over" stage. :bowl:

Now it has reached the "time to act now" stage. :high5:

I am hoping that this thread will become a sticky thread soon.

Hope you people (my friends) won't break the mud pot :smash:

when the butter is just emerging out of the milk in it!!!! :sad:

Wise after the event!!!
icon3.png

"Don't be too OPEN MINDED :nono:

since every passerby is likely :heh:

to throw his own garbage in it"!!! :fear:

Opinion

Some praise at morning what they blame at night; :rant:
But always think the last opinion is right. :high5:
Alexander pope.

New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed :suspicious: