• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think it over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr. Raghy,

You are NOT greedy but are very Ambitious!!! :)

Your requirements remind me of the song "KaaNi nilam vendum"

by Bharathiyaar!

I am sure your house will always be buzzing with good friends, who

love to share the tasty food cooked by you, from the fresh, home

grown vegetables!

Dear Sowbagyavathy V R, Greetings.

I don't know about others. But I may speak for myself.

I don't mind a piece of land between 20,000 and about 40,000 Sq. Feet. In other words, from 1/2 acre to 1 acre land.

I can plant about 1/2 dozen quality mango trees; few avacado plants; couple of orange and a tree or two lime... few bushes of fragrant flowers... and few vegetable partches!

Would like to sink a bore well too. If any of the young blood likes go partnership, would n't mind a house about 25 square meters with a nice kitchen to cook all the vegetables I produce!

Does it sound greedy? Hope not!;)

Cheers!

Test mail to see whether this one stays put or vanishes without a trace!

Sowbagyavathy V R, Gretings.

personally, I adopted ' The more we have, the more we want' policy only for sex. I don't remember using that policy for anything else at all, never for money anyway. I could never come to terms with that story how someone could die in that windfall situation!

Cheers!

Sowbagyavathy V R, Greetings.

Your post # 362. 1 kaani = about 1.3 acres. I am looking for much less than 1 kaani. Possibly 1/2 kaani to about 3/4 kaani only!

Cheers!

Still your requirement reminded of that particular song-

even though the areas may be slightly different. :)

Your post # 362. 1 kaani = about 1.3 acres. I am looking for much less than 1 kaani. Possibly 1/2 kaani to about 3/4 kaani only!

Cheers!

I think the policy can apply to every possession a man / woman can have.

Does one have some money... he will try to amass more!

Does one have a few sarees...she will try to buy a dozen more!

Does one have a few jewels... she will try to get the latest designs!

Does one have a house... he will try to buy one more - preferably a farm house.

The list is endless :bump2:

I think Man will have difficulty in exceeding his limits and his capacity

only in two things.

They are ... satisfying the appetites of his stomach and body!

Thank God for setting these limitations! :hail:

But for these, the crime against women will multiply manifold :scared:

and the world will be filled with XX large men and women!:fear:

Sowbagyavathy V R, Gretings.

personally, I adopted ' The more we have, the more we want' policy only for sex. I don't remember using that policy for anything else at all, never for money anyway. I could never come to terms with that story how someone could die in that windfall situation!

Cheers!

Every Action causes an equal and opposite reaction.

Reaction often gets the person into trouble.
icon8.png

A person may prick with a pin a huge balloon and hide himself quickly.

When the balloon bursts, people get annoyed with the balloon and

not with the person who has pricked it in th
e first place.

The best way to deal with an unpleasant action is not to react to it but to respond to it

with dignity, composure and determination.
icon6.png

Only experience CAN teach us how to respond and not react.
icon3.png

I think the policy can apply to every possession a man / woman can have.

Does one have some money... he will try to amass more!

Does one have a few sarees...she will try to buy a dozen more!

Does one have a few jewels... she will try to get the latest designs!

Does one have a house... he will try to buy one more - preferably a farm house.

The list is endless :bump2:

I think Man will have difficulty in exceeding his limits and his capacity

only in two things.

They are ... satisfying the appetites of his stomach and body!

Thank God for setting these limitations! :hail:

But for these, the crime against women will multiply manifold :scared:

and the world will be filled with XX large men and women!:fear:

That above post ( #361) put a smile on my face! Your post guaranteed not only myself but also my dear wife are quite different persons.

As I mentioned before, money has not interested us ( I mean my wife too). Yes, I go to work; getting paid every fortnight. But that is not greed. I don't have to go to work for nothing. Greed is, trying to acquire funds illegally or immorally. We started our life in the negative ( after the money I borrowed to buy the flight tickets. I had nothing back in India); we had to be very cautious about expenses in the beginning... now we are not worried much. There are millions are persons just like us. Just saving enough of hard earned money is not greed.

Recently our son got married... my wife got two simple sarees for herself for that occassion ( one was presented by our daughter-in-law and the next one was given as sambandhi upacharam). That's it. But my wife bought like 4 to 5 sarees 2 to 5 K worth for her sisters; bought a grand saree for all our relatives! She was wearing the silk sarees her father bought for her wedding ( yes, about 33 year old sarees)! (I bought her a nice gagra though). Her ward-drobe has few uniform trousers, couple of jeans and couple of skirts. Done!

My wife has no interest in jewels. I did buy few chains now and again... my daughter when she was young put chains around each idol in the house... really funny! Nobody even thinks those hains are real gold! In this regard, not only my wife but also my daughter has no interest in gold jewellery!

Oh yes, I have to build and pay off one more house. When we retire, we won't get enough pension to support us; even such pension won't be paid if we go overseas to India on an extended trip.So, we have to support ourselves. So, one house to live; one house to get rent. That rent would be our support money when we retire. I like to keep fit even after I retire ( if I live that long); hence the vegetable garden.... to keep me fit and to supply quality vegetables to all and sundry! ( I will have to give away most of the vegetable... 1/2 acre vegetable garden would yield like 20 kilo every week... if not more!

What do you mean the list is endless? The greedy .list hasn't even started yet.

Restriction in two things!? That's funny! let's leave the stomach; I never had a big appetite anyway. But I already said about that other hunger.. the more we had, the more we wanted!

Crime against women? What do you mean by that? I need to pamper the woman if I want more and more.... there were other posts written by me that explained the way I pampered. I request you to reconsider that sentence, please. Actually I haven't stopped pampering yet. Granted, I pamper now without expecting anything in return... but, pamper, I do. I took over the kitchen long back.... granted relief from kitchen duties....

Sowbagyavathy V R, Raghy and Mrs. Raghy are different.

Cheers!

Sowbagyavathy V R, Raghy and Mrs. Raghy are different.

Cheers

Each of us is unique but most of us are alike in many things!

I am not talking about Mrs and Mr. Raghy in particular but about human beings in general.

I KNOW of people who spend their hard earned money, to buy things THE DON'T NEED, to impress people they DO NOT care about. Shopping and spending have become obsessions with some people.

Why is there so much of hoarding of black money, cases of benami and wide spread corruption in the world?

If all are saints like Mrs and Mr. Raghy,
(except for certain indugings as openly accepted by them)
the world will be a selfless and saintly place.

But we all know it is not so!

If two people have the same needs and are indifferent to the same things
then they are TRULY made for each other.

Earning money in just means, spending it for good causes and saving for the rainy day and retirement is not a crime nor greed but amassing wealth by hook or crook for the next seven generation IS!

I think it is high time to institute an award for the
Frequent Thread starter!

I am sure everyone knows who is the most qualified for it !!!

It will be much better that some discussion takes place before they slide down to the back pages!

One cannot always trust the human mind, as it has both the qualities
of positive and negative thinking factors. But if it is employed well,
it can accomplish many good things rather than bad ones.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

2012-05-06T030031Z_1869379599_GM1E8560UQX01_RTRMADP_3_USA-MOON.JPG

• A runner makes his way along a trail on a butte in front of the "super Moon" at Papago Park in Phoenix, Arizona May 5, 2012. A "super Moon" will light up Saturday's night sky in a once-a-year cosmic show, overshadowing a meteor shower from remnants of Halley's Comet, the U.S. space agency NASA said. The Moon will seem especially big and bright since it will reach its closest spot to the earth.

I refer to your message in post #365.

We are not saints. We are just practical persons. There was a time we really struggled to make ends meet; we still follow the same practices we adopted in those days. Just keeping the life as simple as possible. Our children had learned the same style too. They buy little, but buy top quality.

I am glad most others don't have our mentality. If they do, the whole economy would shrink!people like us don't boost up the economy; only people who spend on impulse boost up the economy!

Persons like you are saints. Always trying to find some goodness in everyone! I am glad still there are persons like you to share their life experiences with others; to encourage others; to complement others... without making a big deal about their misgivings. Thank you!

Cheers!

dear Mr. Raghy,

We all have saintliness in us in varying degrees.

kadavul paathi, mirugam paathi serthntha kalavai = manithan.

There is goodness in everyone. If we can locate it then we can accept anyone as he /

she is without making a big fuss. It is the secret of living in peace and at peace with the

world. :) the Real Art Of Living!

We too live a simple life with the barest necessities (like Baalu the bear in Jungle Book).

No fun, no frolic, no hotels, no movies, no chit chat and definitely no gossip. I talk only through the Forum. I am unable to relate with the real people around me!

They talk about nothing but their servants, their menu for the day and discuss the characters and events in the various serials. I am 100% ignorant in these fields.

Thank you for the kind words.:pray2:

SI am sure that the world NEEDS more of your kind too- honest to the core and filled with sympathy and empathy!

with warm regards,
Visalakshi Ramani.

I refer to your message in post #365.

We are not saints. We are just practical persons. There was a time we really struggled to make ends meet; we still follow the same practices we adopted in those days. Just keeping the life as simple as possible. Our children had learned the same style too. They buy little, but buy top quality.

I am glad most others don't have our mentality. If they do, the whole economy would shrink!people like us don't boost up the economy; only people who spend on impulse boost up the economy!

Persons like you are saints. Always trying to find some goodness in everyone! I am glad still there are persons like you to share their life experiences with others; to encourage others; to complement others... without making a big deal about their misgivings. Thank you!

Cheers!

Here is as story as to how to handle desires!!!

நெருப்பில் நெய்.

அசுர குருவின் ஒரே அருமை மகள்
அசுரர்களில் அழகியான தேவயானி.
தந்தையின் அன்பில் திளைத்தவள்,
தன்னையே எண்ணி கர்வமுற்றாள்.

சர்மிஷ்டா அசுர அரசிளங்குமரி.
தர்மவான் அசுர அரசனும், அவளும்
சென்றனர் குலகுரு ஆஸ்ரமத்துக்கு,
அன்றொரு நாள், மன விருப்பத்துடனே.

சென்றனர் நீராட இவ்விளம்பெண்கள்,
மன்னன், குலகுருவின் அனுமதியுடன்.
களைந்த ஆடைகள் காற்றில் பறக்கவே,
விரைந்து அணிந்தனர் உடைகளை மாற்றி.

குலகுரு மகளோ பெரும் கோபக்காரி;
குலத்தின் இளவரசியை அவள் பழிக்கவே,
கோபம் கொண்ட இளவரசியும், அவளைப்
பாவம் பாராமல் கிணற்றில் தள்ளினாள்.

வழியே வந்த அரசன் யயாதியின்
விழிகளில் பட்டாள் குருவின் பெண்;
கணத்தில் காத்த அரசனிடம், தன்னை
மணக்கும்படிக் கோரினாள் தேவயானி.

குல வேறுபாடுகள் ஒரு புறம்; மற்றும்
குலகுருவின் அதீதக் கோபம் மறு புறம்.
பயந்த அரசன் மறுத்துவிட்டான்; மேலும்
தயங்கியபடியே அவன் சென்றுவிட்டான்.

பிடிவாதக்காரி தேவயானி; அதனால்
விடவில்லை அத்துடன் விஷயங்களை.
அரச குமாரியைத் தன் சேடி ஆக்கினாள்;
அரசன் யயாதியை மணந்து கொண்டாள்.

தேவயானிக்கு உண்டு இரண்டு மகன்கள்;
தேவயானிக்குத் தெரியாமல் யயாதி
மணந்துகொண்ட அதே அரசகுமாரிக்கு,
குணவான்கள் மூன்று மகன்கள் உண்டு.

பலநாள் திருடன் ஒருநாள் அகப்படுவான்;
பலவான் அரசனின் வேடம் கலையவே,
தந்தையைக் கொண்டு சபித்துவிட்டாள்,
தாளாத முதுமையை அரசன் அடையும்படி.

தள்ளாத கிழவன் ஆனபோதும், மனம்
கொள்ளாத காம வசப்பட்ட மன்னன்,
இளமையைத் தந்து, ஒரு மகனேனும் தன்
முதுமையை பெறும்படிக் கெஞ்சினான்.

நான்கு மூத்த மகன்கள் மறுத்துவிடவே,
முன்வந்தான் கடைக்குட்டி புரு என்பான்.
மன்னனின் தள்ளாமையைத் தான் பெற்றுத்
தன் இளமையைத் தன் தந்தைக்குத் தந்தான்.

கேளிக்கைகளில் காலம் கழித்த மன்னன்,
தெளிவடைந்து அறிந்தான் ஒரு திருநாளில்,
ஆசைகளை நிறைவேற்றுவது என்பது
ஓசையுடன் எரியும் தீயில் இடும் நெய்யே!

மகனுக்கு மீண்டும் இளமையைத் தந்து,
மன்னனாக மணி மகுடமும் சூட்டினான்.
ஒரு முள்ளை, ஒரு முள்ளால் எடுக்கலாம்,
நெருப்பை, நெய்யால் அழிக்க முடியுமா?

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி

FIRE AND GHEE.

Devayani was the daughter of Sukracharya-the kula guru of the asurAs. charmishtA was the princess, the daughter of the asurA king.

One day the king and his daughter visited the guru’s ashram. The two girls went out for a bath.A fierce wind blew and their dresses got mixed up.

Devayani who was very proud and arrogant, scolded the princess for this mix up. The princess too got angry, pushed her into a dry well and went away.

Devayani was saved from the well by king yayAti. She requested him to marry her, but he was afraid of the terrible wrath of the Guru and went away.

Devayani was an adamant girl.She would always manipulate her father and have her way.She married king yayAti and made the princess one of her maid servants.
Devayani got two sons. The princess met the king in private and told him her sad tale. yayAti married her secretly and they had three sons.

One day the King’s treachery was exposed and the guru cursed him to attain premature old age.Later he took pity on the king and said that he could exchange his old age with some one’s youth.

yayAti begged all his five sons to give their youth in exchange for his old age. Four of the five sons bluntly refused while the youngest son Puru agreed for this weird exchange.

The king becomes young once again an enjoyed the pleasure of life with his two wives. But never felt satisfied or contented.

One fine day it dawned on him that desires are like a roaring fire and enjoyment was like pouring ghee on the fire.

Can ghee ever extinguish a fire?

He returned his youth to Puru and accepted his old age. Puru was made the new king and ruled the land wisely.

A story to prove that Economy is NOT simple exchange of goods with money.

It can cause major changes in one's life due to one's true mentality!!!

பண்டமாற்று.

ஒரே கண்ணன் வேறு வேறான
இரு வடிவங்களையும் எடுப்பான்.
பகைவர்களுக்குச் சுடும் சூரியன்;
பாசமுள்ளவர்களுக்குச் சந்திரன்.

பங்கிடாமல் உண்பது என்னும்
பழக்கமே இல்லையே அவனுக்கு!
வெண்ணை, பால், தயிர், பழங்கள்
கண்ணனுக்கு எல்லாம் ஒன்றே.

பழக்காரி ஒருத்தி வந்தது கண்டு,
குழந்தைக் கை நிறைய தானியம்
அன்புடன் தந்த பின் பழம் கேட்டான்.