• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think it over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
42.jpg

KRISHNA’S BARTER.

Krishna plays two extremely different roles. He scorches His enemies like the hot Sun. He blesses His devotees like the cool Moon.

He never eats anything by himself. He must share everything with his good friends – be it milk or butter or fruits!

One day KrishnA saw a fruit vendor. He gave her a handful of grains and asked for fruits for His group of friends. The woman was so happy to get a glimpse of the lovely lotus-eyed Krishna, that she gave away the entire basketful of fruits to his young friends.

When she looked into her basket she was wonder struck! The handful of grains were gone but the basket was filled with precious gems and pearls – as if by a mAyA jAlam!
There are two wise sayings:

“The blessings a person receives depends on the purity of his mind”.

“The marital happiness in a person depends of the mental purity of that person”.

Krishna had proved that, “The greatness of a person is also due to the mental purity of that person”.

What a wonderful barter of precious gems for a few fruits given with love!

Once when we visited a house we were offered lukewarm coffee.

After we left the house, my father-who usually never complains about anything- said,

"The coffee lacked its fundamental virtue!"

He meant that it should have been served hot.

Thinking on that line I found our that Coffee needs

five fundamental virtues to be inviting.

சூடு, நிறம், மணம், திடம் மற்றும் சுவை.

After many years we were offered coffee in another house where

it was placed with a loud noise "லொட்" on the table!

That day I discovered the sixth fundamental virtue...

the manner in which it was being served.
icon3.png

How many secrets are held in a simple cup of coffee!!!

I noticed it just now!

Thanks to the UNKNOWN benefactor who has conferred

the coveted five (*) status to this thread! :pray2:

The next step is to make it to the list of hottest threads. :typing:..:ranger:

Dear Elder Sister Srimathi VR Ji,

Life is full of contradictions. And oppositions.

Harmony is hard. This is why I love our religion. Because it addresses directly the nature of a human being AT HIS/HER PRESENT LIFE MATURITY.

There is no use to tell a person who has not experienced affluence that living in simplicity is better. Experience of affluence, in my opinion is mandatory for a person to start thinking about what is really important in his/her life - money or connection to other human beings, which starts him/her towards the ultimate seeking of Paramatma.

But, let us not sweep under the rug, in the name of 'good in every soul' the absolute evil that resides in a person's heart, camouflaged as 'good'.

This was what Gita all about. This is why I am totally sad about this Forum. Where our elder members do not understand the difference between what is wrong and right, just because of the popularity of some ideology expressed.

It is just sad.

Regards,
KRS

Yes, 'Think it over' isw a good place to discuss this also.

There were folks who wanted to attack the likes of our Gurus, like Maha Periaval and the Periaval of the Sri Sankaracharya Matham, Saibaba of Puttaparthy etc. I have been staunchly against such attempts, safeguarding the sentiments of the followers.

But I see now attacks on other Gurus by the same people who would not brook any attack on 'their' Gurus! Is this right? Is a 'LOL' at the end of one's sentence absolve one's attack on a Guru, irrespective of any legal proof against that Guru?

How can the elders of this Forum tolerate such a double speak? Is this a correct behavior?

I have had enough of this 'double speak' here and I am going to call names.

Regards,
KRS

dear sir,

LIFE is a bundle of contradictions... dwandvaas as they are called in our scriptures.

Life is full of oppositions...the 18 days long war of Mahabharath is a proof.

The battle between Ram and Ravan is another proof.

Harmony IS very difficult. It is like the big and bright full moon in the month of Chithirai - which comes but once a year.

But while it lasts, it is worth the trouble waiting for it!

Every one seeks what they are interested in acquiring... wealth, fame, name, beauty, popularity, good health, happiness or self realization.

I am not sure money plays a part in the desire for self realization.

In fact it may deter the attempt rather than support it.

Amassing money and safe guarding it is a tough task...

tough enough to distract a person from God to the world.

with warm regards, :pray2:
V.R

Dear Elder Sister Srimathi VR Ji,

Life is full of contradictions. And oppositions.

Harmony is hard. This is why I love our religion. Because it addresses directly the nature of a human being AT HIS/HER PRESENT LIFE MATURITY.

There is no use to tell a person who has not experienced affluence that living in simplicity is better. Experience of affluence, in my opinion is mandatory for a person to start thinking about what is really important in his/her life - money or connection to other human beings, which starts him/her towards the ultimate seeking of Paramatma.

But, let us not sweep under the rug, in the name of 'good in every soul' the absolute evil that resides in a person's heart, camouflaged as 'good'.

This was what Gita all about. This is why I am totally sad about this Forum. Where our elder members do not understand the difference between what is wrong and right, just because of the popularity of some ideology expressed.

It is just sad.

Regards,
KRS

Dear sir,

Most of the members here are seniors, super senior and super-duper seniors. :rolleyes:

I am sure everyone has formed rock-like sturdy and unchanging opinions about almost everything in the world. :high5:

So making fun of a guru or an acharya is NOT going to lead anyone astray. At best it will be comic relief - Thangavelu type of Vadivelu type.

The former makes you smile and think and the latter makes you just grin.:becky:

This thread is the right place to think about and sort out the differences by "thinking over" them. :decision:

Yes, 'Think it over' isw a good place to discuss this also.

There were folks who wanted to attack the likes of our Gurus, like Maha Periaval and the Periaval of the Sri Sankaracharya Matham, Saibaba of Puttaparthy etc. I have been staunchly against such attempts, safeguarding the sentiments of the followers.

But I see now attacks on other Gurus by the same people who would not brook any attack on 'their' Gurus! Is this right? Is a 'LOL' at the end of one's sentence absolve one's attack on a Guru, irrespective of any legal proof against that Guru?

How can the elders of this Forum tolerate such a double speak? Is this a correct behavior?

I have had enough of this 'double speak' here and I am going to call names.

Regards,
KRS

Very recently a huge can of coffee was just wasted in a huge gathering.

Everyone was hungry and thirsty.

The coffee must have disappeared like water poured on a desert land.

But it did not! :nono:

The reason....???

It was no better than a light tinted hot water.

"chudu thanni chudu thanni chudu thanni!" :sing:

No நிறம், No மணம், No திடம் மற்றும் No சுவை.

It was sugar-less, BRU-less, and aroma-less.

Small wonder that no one wanted to drink it. :hand:

Once when we visited a house we were offered lukewarm coffee.

After we left the house, my father-who usually never complains about anything- said,

"The coffee lacked its fundamental virtue!"

He meant that it should have been served hot.

Thinking on that line I found our that Coffee needs

five fundamental virtues to be inviting.

சூடு, நிறம், மணம், திடம் மற்றும் சுவை.

After many years we were offered coffee in another house where

it was placed with a loud noise "லொட்" on the table!

That day I discovered the sixth fundamental virtue...

the manner in which it was being served.
icon3.png

How many secrets are held in a simple cup of coffee!!!

With threads cropping up like toadstools after a shower, my threads have been pushed back to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th pages in less than two weeks!

It has never happened before! :shocked:

The only consolation is that despite being pushed back mercilessly, the traffic has not ceased! :)

With threads cropping up like toadstools after a shower, my threads have been pushed back to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th pages in less than two weeks!

The only consolation is that despite being pushed back mercilessly, the traffic has not ceased! :)

Any thread not adding new messages will inevitably be pushed back to the next forum. You might have taken a few days off if it was pushed back to the 6th page (note: I never go beyond 3rd page) and unusual as it may seem your dear Anna might have also given a skip to the forum for a few days.

Dear Sri. KRS, Greetings.

I refer to your messages in post #379 and post #380.

You are the moderator. You don't have put up any 'double speak' messages in this forum. I don't think you would have run out of red ink. Why don't you just delete such messages? If you find any message degrading any guru and if you left it intact, then I would say, it is your fault.

The term 'affluence' and 'simplicity' are just subjective terms. You know that very well. I think you are testing the forum.

This is from Pattinathar's story. Pattinathar, after assuming sanyasa, settled in Kalahasthy. There, he met 'Pathruhari' who was a king, took up sanyasam after noticing a string of unfaithful ladies/men, one of them being his own wife. Pattinathar begged his food just in his hands, maintained a 'clean spot' on the floor, and ate his food from the floor. Pathruhari begged his food, collected that in a 'thiru vodu', after eating his food cleaned his thiru vodu and kept it away. Pattinathar, during a conversation said to Pathruhari that he was following a simple living, not following an affluent living like Pathruhari! Pathruhari couldn'tunderstand... he said " here I am, left my kingdom and became a sanyasi living on alms! how can I be leading an affluent life?".... Pattinathar said " my dear friend, you are not a sanyasi! You own a thru vodu! You clean it and keep it safely for further use! You do posses a property!".

Affluence living and simple living are but subjective terms. Rich or poor.. it is all just games played in the mind. Only illusions.

What is life? Just a bubble. Just a short lived bubble. While that bubble lived, it just reflected all the light around it. In our life we just reflect a spectrum of light picked up from Paramatma, other jeevatmas, prakruthy and they all depend upon time, space and environment. No matter how dazzling it sparkled, it's going to burst. In this short span, what is harmony, what is opposition?

you are the moderator. Why should you care for harmony? you should be slashing anything everything that are not in line with the forum regulations. Getting emotional is a luxury for you; don't think you may afford that.

Dear friend, while I writing this message this far, at least half a dozen songs flashed in my mind to suit the occassion. But I like that 'bubble'..நீர்க்குமிழி.

My friend, I am posting This song for you. Kindly don't try to read between lines. Just enjoy the bubble!

Cheers!

Your Compatriot from Coimbatore alone can single-handedly push everyone to the backwaters of the forum threads!!

Virumbip ponaal vilagip pogum! :bolt:

Vilagip ponaal virumbi varum! :bump2:

Ever since I invited my dear Bala Anna to post freely in any of my threads, :welcome:

he lost interest in posting! :hand:

Any thread not adding new messages will inevitably be pushed back to the next forum. You might have taken a few days off if it was pushed back to the 6th page (note: I never go beyond 3rd page) and unusual as it may seem your dear Anna might have also given a skip to the forum for a few days.

ref # 386.

After reading Mr. Raghy's post, I remember an English essay which I studied in II B.Sc (I forgot the name of the author) Titled "On Doors."

World is depicted as a crowd of people who are busy running after and chasing the bubbles - ready to burst at any moment.

To add more suspense, the road itself has many trap doors, which if they stepped on, will open and send the person to eternity.

Such is human life. Yet like a two year old child, we are running after the colorful, filmy, flimsy, soap bubbles
on a road - with concealed trap doors everywhere. :doh:

Many a man with no family tree has succeeded because
ha branched out for himself.
Howard Tamplin.

He that loves not his wife and children
feeds a lioness at home and broods a nest of sorrow.
Jeremy Taylor.

#12. தீயவற்றைக் காண வேண்டாம்.

தீயவற்றைக் கேட்க வேண்டாம்.

தீயவற்றைப் பேச வேண்டாம்.

தீயவற்றைச் செய்ய வேண்டாம்.

தீயவரோடு சேர வேண்டாம்.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back