• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

There is still hope for our world

I agree but USA has a track record of creating terrorist then it goes out of hand.
Everyone knows Taliban is an Asura created out of the USA yagna homa.

What do you call one creating terrorists? The mother of all asuras?

Luck naturally happens for the righteous. Wishes are required only for the Asuras. Nevertheless thanks for wishing luck.
Sorry if you misunderstood. You are njnasura, thus it would not affect you. What I meant is it is good at least one person such as yourself believe in righteous things and I just wanted you live long enough to see the good results. Insulting an Atma in you is the same as insulting the Atma in me.

In Kaliyuga it is a different type of challenge for the God compared to previous yugas. Firstly there is lack of depth in Kaliyuga. Everything is shallow including ego. But there is tremendous breadth. The vice is almost universal. The lack of depth is what gives hope but the breadth will be a strong resistance initially.

So God instead of using brutal power and intelligence will employ nuanced intelligence and keep power as a deterrent. I am also of the belief that the planetary conquest will just be the beginning. It will start to encompass galaxy and the universe.

There are in my view ripe civilizations in the universe with unimaginable advances in science and technology but living in accordance with the nature of Kali Yuga. I also believe that civilizations may be so advanced that there is currently ruler of the universe. We would just be jokers and clowns when we compare with those technologies.

God's purpose is therefore to establish Dharma in the whole universe by making the universalists start thinking in dharmic ways.

It will more be a mental and spiritual battle than a physical one especially as we go beyond the level of solar system

I would like to apologize for some derogatory comments on science and technology and of countries. I really believe this could have been done in a constructive way than using negativity.

I would like to apologize for some derogatory comments on science and technology and of countries. I really believe this could have been done in a constructive way than using negativity.
Please do not worry. When family members argue, there is no intentional harm(in general). We in general speak first, then explain. It is also necessary to bring out the hidden meaning which is some times better to come out so that one can go through it and learn. A coin has two sides, some times we see only one side and then the other later. That is how all our ancestors have acted. Even, aestheticism is accepted for this reason. Hinduism stands on a very strong foundation. If one takes these arguments personally and think it is a personal attack, it is their problem. What is important is to share your convictions based on knowledge and wisdom acquired through aging, and leave the rest to HIM.

G7 countries are quite rich and they can take the lead in giving
some direction to the world to move towards peace and prosperity, Germany and France in the European union and UK
have demonstrated positive global impacts in the unification of Germany, France in Climate policy and UK as a model form
of Democratic governance. While the US as a powerful ally
has joined hands with them.
Together they can strengthen the functioning of UN ,whose
impressive global role we have all witnessed during Covid times.
Strengthening the UN is the right and only way for world development and peace.

G7 countries are quite rich and they can take the lead in giving
some direction to the world to move towards peace and prosperity, Germany and France in the European union and UK
have demonstrated positive global impacts in the unification of Germany, France in Climate policy and UK as a model form
of Democratic governance. While the US as a powerful ally
has joined hands with them.
Together they can strengthen the functioning of UN ,whose
impressive global role we have all witnessed during Covid times.
Strengthening the UN is the right and only way for world development and peace.
USA and Europe started the UN. It is not functioning well. There too many vested interested - political,economical... etc. Also USA itself has two parties who don't like each other. So, unless some one has powerful friends in the USA, G& will not help. Please note that it is not a negative thought, but when we accept the reality, you see the unfortunate climate now. But the idea is a nice one.

Dear Shri Mani,

I understand you are being downright pragmatic. But can't current reality be worked upon if a majority start thinking that way? Just playing the divine advocate.

Atleast in india.
A nice try, and it is what generates hope. Thanks for your insight and your inner thoughts are now given a verbal expression. This is what meaningful conversation is about. We add complemted semantics to what is being said. If only we can express in our very first statement all these intentions!
But saints have had trouble. What is interesting is, that unlike some, you are only taking the statements and is interpreting as a personal attack. The large Bashyas do the same thing. God bless you.

USA and Europe started the UN. It is not functioning well. There too many vested interested - political,economical... etc. Also USA itself has two parties who don't like each other. So, unless some one has powerful friends in the USA, G& will not help. Please note that it is not a negative thought, but when we accept the reality, you see the unfortunate climate now. But the idea is a nice one.
Rich countries have interest only for themselves. Their policies will be guided by their self interest. Un is also controlled by them and serve their interest. Of late China started to muscle in to take control.

Rich countries have interest only for themselves. Their policies will be guided by their self interest. Un is also controlled by them and serve their interest. Of late China started to muscle in to take control.
Show me one country that wants the welfare of any other country. Poor countries never try to improve their lot and spend time blaming the rich countries. How did rich countries become rich? By getting the best brain and allow them to build it. If you look at the US constitution, when it was written, one business member told them to build a country innovation is needed and it should be protected. So, they have intellectual property protection. Poor countries crooks take power and people want some one else to solve the problem. Even in the South India, people still blame Brahmans for their trouble when in fact no Brahman is in power. This elf pity and others are crooks may satisfy one's mind, but what do they do? Chanakya built the country on sound economic basis. Moguls, British etc., looted and made our country poor. We were rich once. But now, when Modi tries to root out corruption (I am not a Modi Bhaktan or BJP and my votes are always stolen), he is not corrupt but wants his name in History like Vajapei, et.al, people want to destroy him. What will they get in return? Same old corrupt central government.
Look, I am not advocate or mouth peace of others. I learn from my and other's mistake and take care of my life. Neither I blame GOD or others for my troubles. If you can not do that, this Bogus Brahman dharma is useless. Remember, when you make statement, only it is analyzed and please don't cry it an attack on you.

A nice try, and it is what generates hope. Thanks for your insight and your inner thoughts are now given a verbal expression. This is what meaningful conversation is about. We add complemted semantics to what is being said. If only we can express in our very first statement all these intentions!
But saints have had trouble. What is interesting is, that unlike some, you are only taking the statements and is interpreting as a personal attack. The large Bashyas do the same thing. God bless you.
I try to be as objective as possible. But if something in my response indicates otherwise I assure you it is a slip in the expression.

My overriding concern about the society is that people have now taken as granted that nothing can be done about the negativity in the society and there is even nothing wrong about it. The logical progression is it is going to get worse and without fail be self destructive. This simple logic surprisingly eludes overwhelming majority.

It is not an easy task to set things right. But the way to go about it is to stop being cynical and start believing things can be changed however times you have failed. The vested interests have firmly secured their place and would move heaven and earth to sustain that security. To make things worse they have money power and occupy the right positions in society. Their influence is therefore very strong and it would seem an impossible task to work against it. Even worse the influence is exerted at an international level too as there is a strong interconnection of the vested interests

So the target audience has to be the common man who has been thoroughly brainwashed and even bullied into submission.

My appeal in this forum is an appeal to the common man who should start understanding how he is being taken for a ride and used by the wealthy and the powerful.

That awareness is what first needs to happen. That has to be brought about by one or a group which is not relenting or compromising.

Democracy is a great double edged sword for all. The wealthy and the powerful have exploited it to the core. It is time to turn it around. The common man should realize his own strength and stand united against forces that try to divide and exploit. The old but most reliable trick of these people.

The reform has to first start in the minds and bring about belief. Then there will be enough force to see it through in reality.

I try to be as objective as possible. But if something in my response indicates otherwise I assure you it is a slip in the expression.

My overriding concern about the society is that people have now taken as granted that nothing can be done about the negativity in the society and there is even nothing wrong about it. The logical progression is it is going to get worse and without fail be self destructive. This simple logic surprisingly eludes overwhelming majority.

It is not an easy task to set things right. But the way to go about it is to stop being cynical and start believing things can be changed however times you have failed. The vested interests have firmly secured their place and would move heaven and earth to sustain that security. To make things worse they have money power and occupy the right positions in society. Their influence is therefore very strong and it would seem an impossible task to work against it. Even worse the influence is exerted at an international level too as there is a strong interconnection of the vested interests

So the target audience has to be the common man who has been thoroughly brainwashed and even bullied into submission.

My appeal in this forum is an appeal to the common man who should start understanding how he is being taken for a ride and used by the wealthy and the powerful.

That awareness is what first needs to happen. That has to be brought about by one or a group which is not relenting or compromising.

Democracy is a great double edged sword for all. The wealthy and the powerful have exploited it to the core. It is time to turn it around. The common man should realize his own strength and stand united against forces that try to divide and exploit. The old but most reliable trick of these people.

The reform has to first start in the minds and bring about belief. Then there will be enough force to see it through in reality.
Nice words and a realistic expression. But there are 3 things need to converge to achieve these goals - time- people and trigger events. Making 3.5% of people to awake and join in any change happens very rarely. If you look at the history - nothing were in succession - separated by many hundred years. Now we have 70% who don't care, 20% only expect others to take responsibility for impossible tasks and 9% believe GOD will take care 1% feel sorry but do not have both the economic and political power to make changes. Take for Tatas. They started IISC in Bangalore and TIFR in Bombay on their own as Nejarvanji TTata had is vision and money and action. So, the awareness will come only another Gandhi comes along or a Rama or a Krishna. It will be a long wait. But being optimistic is fine and this forum is not the right one. As you can see people quote as the news media and published results without knowing all the facts, which are very difficult to be found. So, reforms has to start at home, street, villages, small towns, big cities and the country. That is a tall order. To give you an example ( documented) two Brahman boys in the summer at a village(asked not to mention) talked to each other. They said we need to do something for our village. What can be done? One said, let us de-silt this huge lake. Let us find the details. They were not employed nor rich. The went and met the Collector (he was nice I was told) and gave them help. They found a survey map done around 1840 by a German Hydrologist. The lake has now 40 feet sledge. The collector said it will cost about 1,000 Rs to rent a dreger(or some thing like that) for one week, the daily wage for the driver and petrol/diesal, With 1000 acres of land just 1.25 Re (other expenses) and the local will have to carry out dug out silt. None wanted to help. Braman group accused the boys as thieves, and also refused to take the lead, collect the money and spend it. So, after nearly 60-70 years the tank was never desilted and people are crying for water. The lesson- not the right time, not the right people and not the right leadership. I had visited with the grandpas of those boys to see the lake and only could cry. People want every thing free, resists changes and suffer. Anyway, your desire is burning in the mind of many well wishers but the time is not ripe. I have a list of total failures of about 15 such attempts in other areas.

A major requirement for the efforts to succeed is for the reform group be the establishment or atleast part of the establishment. If for that they need to create a party and contest elections that should done. The task then becomes lot more manageable but even if there success in this regard the international pressure is a major impediment all along the way. The group should be in a position to stand up to it.

A major requirement for the efforts to succeed is for the reform group be the establishment or atleast part of the establishment. If for that they need to create a party and contest elections that should done. The task then becomes lot more manageable but even if there success in this regard the international pressure is a major impediment all along the way. The group should be in a position to stand up to it.
Brahmans in history have never united to fight for a common cause. They will do lip service only. They will find one thousand and one reason to oppose things but can not tolerate any one taking initiative because "he or she" will get credit if it is successful. I have traveled over 200 vilalges in the South - Chennai to Kanpyakumari, but the same story. However, they are now uniting in the USA and may be along the line with their wealth and knowledge to organize, may one day return to do what you have in mind. Please remember, I am not a negative person or attack your genuine wish, rather adding the missing elements. But ideas always originate with an individual. Thanks for your thinking.

I acknowledge many merits in the western system. The westerners are a pragmatic lot and know how to plan and win. That type and extent of planning is absent from us. They believe that humans are fallible without exception and it is not pragmatic to try to rise against it and use that philosophy very much to their advantage.
They have succeeded tremendously in that. The philosophy of pragmatism pervades their thinking and the systems they create or build.

In my view the philosophy is not misplaced but personally I would like to pursue and promote the alternative philosophy of human strength and positivity. People should have a choice of acting in accordance with their proclivity and so an alternative is needed.

Latest ads

Back