• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The very best of Indians stay in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
The world is not homogeneous . By that I do not mean one is great and the other is not. What I mean is each has a ability that is unique. See my post on different thinking styles. Indians excel at holistic thinking and westerners at analytical thinking.

The best of holisitic thinkers are not attracted by the west or other countries and therefore stay in India.

But the sad fact is, we too are trying to ape the west and are not accomplishing anything close to our capabilities.

Dear Mr Sravana :

Disagree. Human beings are not all that different across the world. There are as many percentage of people who are 'holistic' in India as in any other country. There is no need to create divisions when it is not there.

Aping the west is due to west's domination - they dominate by spreading their bad culture across the globe

Dear Mr Sravana :

Disagree. Human beings are not all that different across the world. There are as many percentage of people who are 'holistic' in India as in any other country. There is no need to create divisions when it is not there.

Aping the west is due to west's domination - they dominate by spreading their bad culture across the globe

Dear Shri a-TB,

There is a fundamental divide among people. Some naturally take to the idea of spirituality and believe in the existence of soul, mind etc while others simply cant't get it. It is irrational for them. They have a different understanding of logic.

But I have come to realize that neither style is superior to the other. The best thing is to be natural.

Dear Shri a-TB,

There is a fundamental divide among people. Some naturally take to the idea of spirituality and believe in the existence of soul, mind etc while others simply cant't get it. It is irrational for them. They have a different understanding of logic.

But I have come to realize that neither style is superior to the other. The best thing is to be natural.

Dear Mr Sravana:

Differences in people is not the issue. You were talking about differences among people who live in different parts of the world.
If a country is big (in terms of population) you cannot say one country has more holistic thinkers. The title of this thread is 'very best Indians stay in India' You are making broad generalizations which is incorrect

1. Migration in all direction will always take place. Many TBs moved to Bombay and Delhi some 60 or 70 years ago from their villages.

2.Some are also going back to their village roots. Many moved west, some are going back now. .......
1. Very true. I am reminded of a conversation between Ram's elder brother (a leading advocate) and my son.

The senior lamented that all the boys and girls have left for overseas countries and no one is willing to stay with parents.

My son told him, 'Periappaa! In your generation, all of you migrated to metro cities and no one was willing to be a landlord,

like your father and stay in the village. Likewise, in our generation, we migrate to other countries! It is as simple as that!' :)

2. One of Ram's brothers has chosen to lead a village life, after his retirement. He lives in the ancestral house and leads a very

pious life, just like his father. :pray2:

I am reminded of an interesting person, who lived in our village! :)

He was a nadhaswaram player. He liked to dress up in different coloured jibbAs. :drama:

But, whatever colour he wore, he played ONLY Thodi rAgam, with same set of apaswarams! :faint2:

While most stay in India, rest shine outside….

The smart Indian gene

Lets admit to one thing without much of an argument, we Indians are a smart race. Test us mentally and we can rise to the challenge. Test us physically and that would be a different matter and would require a different discussion, but for now let us stick to the mental side of things. Genetically we are an aciculate lot. Our razor sharp brain cuts through a myriad cross sections of international boundaries and capitulates itself to positions of crowning glory. Little wonder that the world’s sharpest brains belong to the Indian lineage and undoubtedly it is a matter of great pride. Internationally renowned Scientists, Doctors, Engineers, Corporate leaders and even kids who win the spelling bee contests on either side of the Atlantic wear the glorious tawny skin and flash a dazzling white smile.
…………………………………………..
………………………………………….

And then needless to conclude, there are our Indians politicians who are so smart, that their brains would make a fine research subject altogether. Our politicians like young Shantanu are smart inventors. Inventing new ways to fool visually impaired us. Take Dayanidhi Maran for example, he who had 323 telephone lines linking his house in the posh Boat club area to his brother’s television company ( Sun TV ) via a dedicated underground cable. Try asking him what his telephone number is, and I can bet you he is so extraordinarily brilliant, he will give you his three hundred plus numbers in under three minutes. You will be impressed.

Source: https://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tiger-trail/the-smart-indian-gene/

Last edited by a moderator:
I am reminded of an interesting dancer of our village, whatever costume designed by a veteran designer she wears colorfully everyday, but was able to play ONLY Karagaattam, though she seriously attempt for Bharatnatyam. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right, there can not be a list of best Indian (or any other classification) acceptable to all.

The top 10 does not include a person from Jain community; otherwise almost all religious denominations are covered.

Is it by accident or stage managed?

The world is not homogeneous . By that I do not mean one is great and the other is not. What I mean is each has a ability that is unique. See my post on different thinking styles. Indians excel at holistic thinking and westerners at analytical thinking.
The best of holisitic thinkers are not attracted by the west or other countries and therefore stay in India.
But the sad fact is, we too are trying to ape the west and are not accomplishing anything close to our capabilities.

Dear Sravna,

I understand what you are trying to say.

But holistic is after all an aggregate of analytics. Without analytic identities/threads holistic is meaningless and empty. I would just say holistic thinking involves understanding the analytics well and yet to look at them as an aggregate to draw very valuable conclusions which are beyond the individual analytic lines/threads. Hope I make sense. LOL.

I would also say that several of the very best stay here in India while a few of the very best have indeed moved beyond our shores. It is like England exporting its Robert Clives as well as Mecaulays. The two are from two different backgrounds at two different levels though both were highly successful outside England. As we know Indian history well I am giving this example from Indian History. There are several other such examples too.

Some of India's brilliant minds are getting formated in foreign soil and will come back here after making it big there for sure. some others of the same kind of brilliance will stay back there and become truly foreigners.

But the fact that India is the home of the gene pools of these exemplary individuals can not be wished away. Like the Jews all over the world.

So you are right in a way.

Chaos theory has proved that in any chaotic system there are indeed beautiful patterns discernible if you only care to look deeper.

Yes Shri Vaagmi, I agree holistic is an aggregate of analytics but is also synergistic aggregate. So it pays more to be holistic. I do not have statistics or made any study of whether the very best stay in India or go abroad but my intuition says that most of them would stay back because there is not enough substance or shall I say they do not find the substance they require there. They are pretty much happy with their venerable roots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back