• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The very best of Indians stay in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes Renuka it is survival of the fittest. The less fitter only migrate. That was my point.

I dont think its about who is more fit..it all depends on what we desire.

For me I wont leave my country of birth not becos its perfect but its becos I am so used to it..its peaceful too and I dont need to make any change..my life can continue as it is...I have very poor adaptation skills..i have noticed those from India can adapt easily to any environment...but for me I really cant adjust even if it means more money becos I never give up my regular routine of life.

So for me..its till I die I will remain in.the land of my birth.

Dear Sravna...once upon a time you too were considering migrating but may be you changed your mind.

If you had gone to USA would you have considered yourself less fit?

I feel many Indians in India equate sucess with USA.

Then go there and lament..dharma on decline etc..p

Its just that many have not made up their mind.what.they truly want in life.

A contented person can live in Timbuktu or in Washington yet be the same.

Sometimes a sense of regret makes us try to feel we made the better choice.

Actually no ones choice is better..everything is optional.

Sravana,
You never defined the word "best". You also did not define the word "Indian".
Why would you not see the best Human being?
CNN Heroes is one attempt at the best persons in the world according to criteria set by CNN.

You are just blowing in the wind without establishing any criteria.

You set up the criteria and post it, then we will see who meets the criteria.

Dear Prasad,

By Indians I mean natural inhabitants of India and also those among them who migrated to other countries.

By best I mean greatest potential for physical, mental or spiritual accomplishments.

Dear Renu,

Mr. MS might soon appear once more! :baby:

I found a message, yet to be approved by our mod. :)

Dear Renu,

Mr. MS might soon appear once more! :baby:

I found a message, yet to be approved by our mod. :)

Madam,

I need to thank God. Alas I am now greatly relieved. And those who want to see my lineage are free to visit profile. MUNI AMMA appears to be more worried about the re-appearance of MR.M.S. Don't know why...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Renu,

Mr. MS might soon appear once more!

I found a message, yet to be approved by our mod.

"அரண்டவன் கண்களுக்கு இருண்டதெல்லாம் பேய்" என்பார்களே அது இது தான் போலும்.

Let Mr.M.S come again and we do have enough courage and guts to encounter him through our intellectual approach.

We welcome him.

Sorry Sravana Ji,

For drifting from the main topic. Let us stick to the topic please though it is in 'Chit Chat'.

The list of 50 does not include Sir C V Raman, Prof. Chandrasekhar, Venkataraman Ramakrishnan, Visveswarayya, eminent Jurists like Muthuswamy Iyer etc. Nobel Laurets from Tamil Nadu would have found a place in the top ten, if list was more elaborate and organized.

It also shows Indians are generally not serious about Science.

Indians excel in many fields.

They spread all over the globe.

If someone's intuition says that the best of the best stay

only in India, it is purely an imagination. :)

Ram's cousin has done a research for 14 years and

found a probiotic composition, which will reduce the frequency

of dialysis, in patients with acute kidney problem.

Many physicians were supporting him without expecting

monetary benefits!

He says that he couldn't have achieved this, if he had settled

in India! :)

The list of 50 does not include Sir C V Raman, Prof. Chandrasekhar, Venkataraman Ramakrishnan, Visveswarayya, eminent Jurists like Muthuswamy Iyer etc. Nobel Laurets from Tamil Nadu would have found a place in the top ten, if list was more elaborate and organized.

It also shows Indians are generally not serious about Science.

You are right, there can not be a list of best Indian (or any other classification) acceptable to all.

Ram's cousin has done a research for 14 years and

found a probiotic composition, which will reduce the frequency

of dialysis, in patients with acute kidney problem.

Many physicians were supporting him without expecting

monetary benefits!

He says that he couldn't have achieved this, if he had settled

in India! :)

The proverb is one swallow does not make a summer…

There are umpteen number of cases, which can be cited as to why Indians are getting back to their roots.. of course for various reasons… point may be for better living.

The following links may shed more light as to why for some it is not their cup of tea…

Better to come out of illusion and accept the reality.

1) Moving back home: Why some Indians choose to return to India leaving behind their comfortable lives abroad

For some it is coming back to their roots, for a few others it is living their dreams
https://www.thenewsminute.com/artic...-india-leaving-behind-their-comfortable-lives

2) More Indians Who Moved To The U.S. Decide To Return Home

Indians are the 3rd largest immigrant group in the U.S. Decades ago, when immigrants moved here from India, they used to ask each other: "Why would you ever go back?" But now, many are heading back.

https://www.npr.org/2015/03/13/3927...ndians-who-moved-to-u-s-decide-to-return-home
[h=1]3) The NRIs: a life of dilemma[/h]http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/open-page/the-nris-a-life-of-dilemma/article2376883.ece

[h=1]4) Top 5 Reasons Why Indian IT Professionals Return Back To India[/h]
In last couple of years there has been severe shortage of H1B visas. The quota of 65000 work visas for skilled labor in US gets filled within hours of opening up. Even today, there are lots of Indians who want to leave Indian shores for greener pastures to the West.

However, Can you really call the west having greener pastures anymore?
Yes, they are greener, albeit just slightly. The gap between living in India and US / UK is reducing quite fast and it is quite evident from the number of IT professionals returning back to Homeland.

In last couple of years the number of Indians returning back has been constantly rising and according to survey recently conducted by Indus ventures around 60,000 professionals settled in US have returned to India in last year alone. That is nearly equal to Indians going to US yearly.

So, what are the reasons that have given rise to this trend?

Here is a brief look at top 5 reasons 8 reasons:

1. Rapidly decreasing gap between Salaries in India and US. Salaries of Indian IT professionals in last few years. If you compare the living cost and salary ratio, I think an IT professional can lead much higher standard of living in India than he does in the Western countries.
  2. Opportunities! India is full of opportunities, with every MNC globally trying to open shop in India. Infact, the reason for such higher salaries in IT professionals is lack of people in this Industry. According to one recent NASSCOMM survey, India is facing severe shortage of IT professional by nearly 30%. So the IT professionals moving to India get much better growth opportunities than in the West.

Just open the link: http://trak.in/tags/business/2007/09/11/indian-it-professionals-returning-india/

Migration in all direction will always take place. Many TBs moved to Bombay and Delhi some 60 or 70 years ago from their villages.
Some are also going back to their village roots. Many moved west, some are going back now.

Greatness does not lie in creating divisions.

Now Sravana starts such topics to use words to console himself that he is great after all because he has a unique weapon - A self defined spirituality power!

A deeper look would reveal that it arises out of not a healthy self esteem. Why create divisions when it is not there and then feel need to say who is great.

The greatest spirituality is learning to look yourself as a human being or just a life form in this world. Be helpful without advertising to the world you are helping.

Be helpful without advertising to the world you are helping.

Well said Sir

Some of the posting reminds me the act of few donating a tube light costing just Rs.40/= for temples with name of the donor painted in bold letter attracting everyone who visit. lol

The world is not homogeneous . By that I do not mean one is great and the other is not. What I mean is each has a ability that is unique. See my post on different thinking styles. Indians excel at holistic thinking and westerners at analytical thinking.

The best of holisitic thinkers are not attracted by the west or other countries and therefore stay in India.

But the sad fact is, we too are trying to ape the west and are not accomplishing anything close to our capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back