• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The ten tell-tale signs-of a workaholic ITHAPPADINGA MUTHALLA....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this in Readers Digest July issue. Quite interesting. Please read and enjoy.

The TEN Signs:

01. You refer to your child's pocket money as "the weekly cash injection".

02. You refer to your grandpa's death as "a family downsizing".

03. Your spouse complains that you do not take enough interest in the children, and you say,"OK fine where's the feedback form?"

04. The message in the valentine's day card you write to your spouse has bullet points.

05. Your son eagerly informs you that the kid next door has a shiny new bicycle and you tell him "The quota for capital expenditure is full for this financial year".

06. You go to school for a meeting with your child's teacher and your first question is "So what are his core competencies?"

07. You think of your family's sunday afternoon walk as a "team based bonding activity".

08. When your child's teacher explains that your child is failing four of his nine subjects, you shout, "What do you expect when you give him such an over-diversified portfolio?"

09. When your daughter says that she wants to get married, you ask her whether she is ready to "undergo such a major paradigm shift".

10. Before making your speech at the reception you ask a bridesmaid to take the minutes.

I enjoyed this piece. Did you?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Ha Ha Ha reminds me of S J Surya's movie Vyapari where he is a workaholic and clones himself so that the clone can pay attention to his family!!

So add one more line;

11)Workaholic clones himself and the task of romancing the wife goes to the clone!!LOL

What if both the original and the clone turn up

in the same place at the same time!!! :shocked:

It's best of both worlds for the wife and she can always say..

"This is you, That is you..
From this you came out that you
Taking you out of you
What verily remains is still you!"

See isn't nice to know some mantras? We can twist and turn it to escape any situation!!LOL

Dear VR Ji,

You know what!!
After writing this...

Taking you out of you

I thought OMG that is what creation is all about and everything we see around is the Clone of God!!
A Eureka moment for me!!LOL

The pity is, in spite of being clones of God, :angel:

most of the time we hardly resemble him! :tsk:

Dear VR Ji,

You know what!!
After writing this...

I thought OMG that is what creation is all about and everything we see around is the Clone of God!!
A Eureka moment for me!!LOL

How about

"Om purnam-adah purnam-idam purnaat purnam-udacyate. .."???

Om Purnam - YouTube

It's best of both worlds for the wife and she can always say..

Taking you out of you

See isn't nice to know some mantras? We can twist and turn it to escape any situation!!LOL

No wonder the shortest route to a man's heart is through his stomach!!!

images

ENJOY!!! :thumb:

Last edited:
No wonder the shortest route to aman's heart is throughhis stomach!!!

images

ENJOY!!!

Men are weird creatures...I don't know why they get so easily fooled by anything.
They get fooled by soft words,shy glances,smiles and also food.
They seldom realize that a person could be acting out to be good just to get him to do some work.

That way we women are seldom fooled by anyone.

I have male doctors friends who get carried away when patients sing praises of them.

For me I am wary of the patient who sings praises cos he/she might sing abuses another day when things do not go right.

It's always better to have an element of doubt.
Even when someone brings a specially cooked dish for me..I always make sure the person who brought it has the first bite.
If they refuse to eat it I will say I will eat it later and discard it when the person is gone.

It's better not to trust anyone.

Last edited:
A real BEAUTY with a BRAIN!!! :clap2:

Men think that women are angels thrown down mercilessly on the earth.
They are innocent, ignorant, weak and need a strong man
to grow around like a fragile creeper!

Women may not get fooled by other women since they think alike, :heh:
but certainly they get fooled by MEN, whose thought process is different.

The kings and Queens had people appointed to taste and test their food before they ate it . You must have been a queen in some previous birth to have retained that habit now also. :drama:

Toss inside??? :decision: Toss outside???

Men are weird creatures...I don't know why they get so easily fooled by anything.
They get fooled by soft words,shy glances,smiles and also food.
They seldom realize that a person could be acting out to be good just to get him to do some work.

That way we women are seldom fooled by anyone.

I have male doctors friends who get carried away when patients sing praises of them.

For me I am wary of the patient who sings praises cos he/she might sing abuses another day when things do not go right.

It's always better to have an element of doubt.
Even when someone brings a specially cooked dish for me..I always make sure the person who brought it has the first bite.
If they refuse to eat it I will say I will eat it later and discard it when the person is gone.

It's better not to trust anyone.

A real BEAUTY with a BRAIN!!! :clap2:

Men think that women are angels thrown down mercilessly on the earth.
They are innocent, ignorant, weak and need a strong man
to grow around like a fragile creeper!

Women may not get fooled by other women since they think alike, :heh:
but certainly they get fooled by MEN, whose thought process is different.

The kings and Queens had people appointed to taste and test their food before they ate it . You must have been a queen in some previous birth to have retained that habit now also. :drama:

Toss inside??? :decision: Toss outside???

Dear VR Ji,

Out here in Malaysia black magic mixed with food is very common and some people even vomit blood and drop dead upon consuming food tainted with black magic.
That technique to mix black magic in food is known as "Santau" in the local lingo.

suraju06 ji,

Thanks for sharing it with us. Quite interesting and could not help laughing out loud. It is more the consultants who would take this approach than a workaholic. The latter is busy working all the time and has no time to think??!! The consultant is good in throwing out jargons like "core competencies", "Skill mapping", "downsizing", etc. In a way, consutants are like women. The are good in "packaging".:laser:

Renu, your post 15

I agree with many points you have raised. But it is better to trust and get fooled than not to trust and to worry as to who would deceive.

Renu, your post 15

I agree with many points you have raised. But it is better to trust and get fooled than not to trust and to worry as to who would deceive.

It's like a reflex..there is no worry or anxiety involved.
Even in college we girls would never accept any drink brought by a guy..God knows what sedative could be in it.
So we only used to order bottled drinks and tell the waiter to open in front of us.

It's like a reflex..there is no worry or anxiety involved.
Even in college we girls would never accept any drink brought by a guy..God knows what sedative could be in it.
So we only used to order bottled drinks and tell the waiter to open in front of us.

Bayanthu Bayanthu vaazhrathula enna artham irukku, Renu? They say a coward dies many times. So is a disbeliever, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back