• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The "Tamilian Diet"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr.KRS.,
You are right. No one community can claim their food alone as healthy food. We can find good cuisine in every nationality.
Well, I was of the impression English were not known for good food. In fact I had a few English families as friends when I worked in Gulf. Others used to joke about their food habbits. Perhaps I may be wrong.

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

I would like to add some spice (no pun intended) to this discussion. I met this girl the other day... Maithili is her name actually. Our parents introduced us and at first, I was not attracted to her in the physical sense. But then they had her sing the hamsadvani raga and it was love at first sight. Her voice was so beautiful and I right away knew that this could (and probably should) be my future wife.

As we continued to meet, certain things started to bother me a bit. And this is where my story becomes relevant to this discussion thread... her eating habits were rather uncontrollable. She overloads her plate with curries and takes an extra helping of sakarai pongal. This has in turn caused her to exhibit frequent gas... please do not laugh, as this is a rather serious issue for me, personally.

I gently bring up this issue with her, but she claims that this is how she was raised and "This is who I am." And while I appreciate her as a human being, it makes it difficult for me to rekindle that initial attraction that I had when we made eye contact for the very first time.

Thanking you in advance, please advise.

Regards,
STS

Tamilian Diet - Coconut oil.

Today's (December,1,2007) suppliment "Times Wellness" to "The Times of India, Bangalore edition" carries an interesting piece of information under their snippets "Health wise" under the caption "Coconut oil good for health". It is indeed some thing different from the usual "misconception" that Coconut oil is bad for health!

I give below the article for information:
---------------------
Coconut oil good for health.

" It is a general misconception that coconut oil is not good for health and adds unwanted fats in the body. In fact it is extemely beneficial for health and can be consumed as well as applied any where on the body from head to foot.

Organic coconut oil has properties that reduce cholesterol levels and also prevent thyroid-related ailments.

It is also very good for the hair. Regular oil massages in the scalp keep it free from dandruff, lice and lice eggs and other scalp diseases.

It prevents premature aging, sagging of the skin, and also helps in treating skin ailments like psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis. It is often applied even on the babies' skins as it is the safest and does't cause any skin problems.

Coconut oil also helps in reducing weight and also aids in easy digestion. It increases the body metabolism rate which takes off excessive fat in the body.

It contains lauric acid which prevents cardiac problems and reduces the risk of injuries in the arteries preventing the onset of arteosclerosis.

This oil also strengthens the immune system as it has anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties. It helps in fighting diseases such as influenza, herpes, and even HIV.

It has healing properties and helps in the healing process by speeding up the repair of damaged tissues by forming a protective layer above the area affected. "

--------------------------
Article available in TOI website http://epaper.timesofindia.com/
--------------------------
I shall be thankful if "Adiyen" could go through this and post his comments.

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back